• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

after which game, the dodgers game or MNF?

and guys just to make a rule clear, if a qb leaves the pocket you can go after him with whoever you want (including lb's or cb's). i think i specified this but i wanted to make sure because i did go after dante culpepper with my safety after he scrambled out of the pocket and caused a fumble. utilize this technique!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
after which game, the dodgers game or MNF?

and guys just to make a rule clear, if a qb leaves the pocket you can go after him with whoever you want (including lb's or cb's). i think i specified this but i wanted to make sure because i did go after dante culpepper with my safety after he scrambled out of the pocket and caused a fumble. utilize this technique!

MNF.

Striker

gg Birdman.

Despite my pity KR coverage and you playing Josh Johnson, I barely squeak out a victory to close this season. That said, I'm happy with my offense going out. I really like the WR's and OL is good for the most part. Hope big time Quinn can get a boost (he'll have 20 TD's) and RB's can get better, as well, and then I should dramatically be higher in the standings and stat sheet.

5-11 season with so many close-game losses. :(

Birdman02

GG Striker.

How in the hell did Robiskie make that catch in OT? I had three guys in the area, and he got his legs knocked out from under him right when he caught the ball. As for Josh Johnson, I think he played fairly well despite his 38 overall rating. The 1 pick he threw was my fault because I didn't see the MLB spy until I threw the ball. He really only had 1 terrible throw (he threw a go route on what should've been a dig), so I think he could be a serviceable QB by season 3 or 4 (if we make it that far).

Well, at least I had an exciting game to wrap up the season. Garrard had a decent year overall. Sure, he threw 33 picks, but 20 of them came in 4 games. I don't expect any significant progression/regression, so hopefully I can improve some key areas in the offseason.

Striker

I just said, "Fuck it!" on Robiskie's 3rd & 12 catch in Overtime. I wanted to get my guy going on the crossing route, but your player bumped him off his route. I had seen Robiskie cut on his route going toward the sideline and I just threw it up. Huge play for me there, and a fortunate one.

AirBrian

Birdman02 said:
Well, at least I had an exciting game to wrap up the season. Garrard had a decent year overall. Sure, he threw 33 picks, but 20 of them came in 4 games. I don't expect any significant progression/regression, so hopefully I can improve some key areas in the offseason.
Jags : Titans :: Titans : Colts

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
took down Luke with the Jets. Guess who was the MVP?

mark-sanchez-gq-02.jpg

now my playoff shot is in maddens hands. i'm hoping for some kind of abberation that lets me into the playoffs (even though i rightfully should get in per NFL rules!), but i know because of my relationship with brett favre the madden football gods will not allow.

i will not pray at his alter!

Mrbob said:
Hopefully those hands can work better magic than a Dodgers pitcher with the game on the line!

i would wish ill-will on the cubs but they are already drowning in their own filth as it is. manny just needs his dick pills back!

Rorschach

I didn't realize CB watched baseball now.

Come on and get these games over with so we can get my loss over with and get to the off-season!!!

CB3

Rorschach said:
I didn't realize CB watched baseball now.

Come on and get these games over with so we can get my loss over with and get to the off-season!!!

i follow it through the season but i rarely watch it because i have borderline ADD and 3 hours of slow paced shit will drive me crazy. But things pick up near the end and during the playoffs so i usually tune in then.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Daw and I are playing later today. It's my fault we haven't gotten it in yet, my schedule has been a disaster the last few days.

If I win I think I the matchups will be Me/FMT and Daw/DCX. If I lose I play DCX and and Daw plays FMT in round 1. Tough matchup either way, FMT usually kicks my ass.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigJonsson said:
I still haven't heard from my opponent............

Worked late, sorry about that. Trying to finish up some stuff, going on Vacation Thursday. Want to try for later tonight?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
redemption song!

gg storybook. crabcakes was beastin that game. of course the game didn't record his stats afterwards or anyone elses. freaking bullcrap!

gg fmt, if I didn't have to settle for 3 field goals it would've been different. Well that and the tipped pass caught by Crabtree that he scored on.

storybook77 said:
gg fmt, if I didn't have to settle for 3 field goals it would've have been different. Well that and the tipped pass caught by Crabtree that he scored on.

that tip cost you 4 points, and you got a tip at the end of the half that cost me 3 points. 1 point difference!

but yeah that was pretty lucky. next year the crabtree dominance continues!

p.s. wellington i wont be in the playoffs unless there is a madden miracle. people on op sports are saying its either PF (likely), alphabetically (i would get in i think because apparently it goes by the teams first name.... and numbers come before letters), or home record (unlikely but possible).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well fuck it then I am throwing the game. I don't match up well against Astro and I barely won in OT against him during the reg season.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
Well fuck it then I am throwing the game. I don't match up well against Astro and I barely won in OT against him.
That did involve that miracle INT-Fitz strip-Boldin TD play though. Actually everyone who I could be matched up against I've had really exciting games with, so here's hoping EA doesn't screw this up. If they do, I'm boycotting by not watching any of the playoff games!

CB3

Its ok. Once the patch hits that doesnt apply to our already started franchise you'll all want a restart.

And it meant to say command. Its been a long day

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
CB3 said:
Its ok. Once the patch hits that doesnt apply to our already started franchise you'll all want a restart.

And it meant to say command. Its been a long day

Why wouldn't the patch apply to the franchise?

Mrbob

As much as it will pain me to not have urlacher (can i still add him in?) I think we should reboot as well. So many different players on the team...and I want to use Gaines now! And Knox! Give me Johnny Knox damn it!

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:
As much as it will pain me to not have urlacher (can i still add him in?) I think we should reboot as well. So many different players on the team...and I want to use Gaines now! And Knox! Give me Johnny Knox damn it!

I'll just start Site B with the new rosters and patches once it comes out. Same rules as this one. Stand and be counted!:lol

Fifty

What the hell is the point of an online franchise if rebooting is even considered? You guys are crazy. No no no. We're drafting. We've traded players. We've traded picks. Go play offline franchise with your stupid rosters.

Somnia

I'll do whatever you guys plan on. I wouldn't mind seeing the updated stats, but at the same time if we just keep restarting it defeats the purpose of online franchise (granted no FA, Salary, draft trades, etc. already kinda do that :lol ).

LukeSmith

Somnia said:
I'll do whatever you guys plan on. I wouldn't mind seeing the updated stats, but at the same time if we just keep restarting it defeats the purpose of online franchise (granted no FA, Salary, draft trades, etc. already kinda do that :lol ).

And when progression is fucked and terrible after S1 and madden already fixed precious players that we all love and progression doesn't bandage wounds, I will be here with Site B to swaddle you gently in my loving arms.

Be reborn.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
On another rainy day in Giants Stadium, that had to be the biggest horseshit, hitstick fumblefest I have ever seen. 4 fumbles, 3 inside the RZ, 2 returned for TDs. Aboslutely mindberzerkingly frustrating.

Top Bottom