• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Striker said:
Do they progress for our players in the actual season, though? That's what matters to me. :(

By the way, we'll "restart" after the Super Bowl.

FA, Draft, trade happenings! ;)

exactly. why do you guys want updated rosters when you just trade all your damn players or make roster moves anyways? :lol

tough loss luke :(

Rorschach

GG Luke. You had me runnin' scared in the first half.

Picked the wrong defensive playbook at the start, but it's similar enough.

Man, everyone drops Peyton picks except...the man...THOMAS HOWARD! Game MVP!

Fifty

Ramirez, I'll be ready to roll any time on Wednesday (today) or Thursday Afternoon. Let me know in a PM what works and let's get this done.

DCX

DCX
Well, it's me and you again Wellster. I'll be ready to play whenever you are tonight. Just let me know.

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i haven't seen that gang tackling break at any point this season. i dont know if my D is rated good enough to prevent it, but i usually switch to the guy tackling (if already wrapped up) and mash on X

p.s. still wait to hear from bigjonsson. i may advance anyhow.... even if he lost he'd get a better draft pick :/
I am hitting X. I have lost 4 games because of lubed up running backs. I am not the only one.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
uh, their ratings aren't much better than you have now. EA rated your dolphins OK because of their 11-5 record last year. not sure how you can consider your team awful.... ronnie brown, a good offensive line, good defense

They upgraded Donald Thomas from a 66 to an 86 on the offensive line. Some of the other linemen got upgrades too. It's a pretty big difference. I actually use the Dolphins...and the difference using them the first week compared to now is night and day. I can tell since I have actually used them. The line I have now breaks down like fucking crazy...but after playing quick matches and whatever they're sooooo much better after the updates.

and they don't have a really good defense. the secondary's not that great and the pass rushing is mediocre.

even ronnie brown got upgrades and is a better runner now

And fuck you Smokey.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Dammit Ror's, you and Luke RUINING the game :p You went ahead and played the game before I could record the season stats. Now you 2 have an extra game in over everyone :p

Anyone else copy them down before then?

BigAT

Lonestar said:
Dammit Ror's, you and Luke RUINING the game :p You went ahead and played the game before I could record the season stats. Now you 2 have an extra game in over everyone :p

Anyone else copy them down before then?

I don't think it would be that bad to just subtract the playoff game stats from the totals, no? Either way, should probably copy them now before more games get played.

Lonestar

BigAT said:
I don't think it would be that bad to just subtract the playoff game stats from the totals, no? Either way, should probably copy them now before more games get played.

Yeah, I know. Just laying on some overreaction on it. I can make it do what I want to do in good ole Excel, but I can't figure out how to had some filters on doc.Google's spreadsheet page, which I figure can be posted here easier.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
Giants @ Falcons

Match of the Millenium

Today at 4:30

Follow along on Xbox.com!
Just thinking how nice it would be if they could stream games for league viewing on the web. /fantasyland

I think me and daw are playing ~11 EST tonight. My trip got pushed back to Mon.-Tue. so I'd love to win the Super Bowl before than rather than hold things up at all.

Lonestar

Didn't notice, but did anyone get jobbed getting a playoff spot they would have gotten in the real world, versus EA's tie breakers? Or did we luck out and have clear winners?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Lonestar said:
Didn't notice, but did anyone get jobbed getting a playoff spot they would have gotten in the real world, versus EA's tie breakers? Or did we luck out and have clear winners?
HillinDallas_SF_Chronicle_499x343.jpg

adrianwilson.jpg

Lonestar

AstroLad said:

Hmm, ok, you 2 split the series between each other, leaving him at 3-1 in the division and you @2-2. You scored more points and had a better conference record...and have a team starting with ...

300px-Broughtbya.jpg

BigAT

AstroLad said:
Just thinking how nice it would be if they could stream games for league viewing on the web. /fantasyland

At this point, I'd even settle for a play-by-play that refreshed periodically.

Does anyone want to get a game in at some point today? I'm looking to stay fresh.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
At this point, I'd even settle for a play-by-play that refreshed periodically.

Does anyone want to get a game in at some point today? I'm looking to stay fresh.
If you're around later tonight yes. I will take on all challengers after I lose to DCX!

also, anyone in the playoffs please take a quick glance at the rules again. i don't want any craziness happening and then saying you bill bellicheck'd the rules

Mrbob

:lol

Wellington trying to scrim against a potential playoff opponent!

But I need practice against the big at lead packers too so back off! :D AT I won't be available to play till around 5 cst but I could probably play then!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, anyone in the playoffs please take a quick glance at the rules again. i don't want any craziness happening and then saying you bill bellicheck'd the rules
All make sense, I'd just like some clarification on this one:
* no going for it on forth down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are losing.
* in instances where you are in "no mans land", it is ok to go for it on 4th down in any circumstance as long as you are tied or losing. lets say it is the 2nd quarter, you are down by 3, and you have a 4th and 7 at your opponents 36. is that ok? yes. but lets keep it at 7 or less for the yardage. i think that is within reason.
To me the conclusion from this is:
-You can never go for it on 4th if you are winning.
-You can never go for it in own territory unless (1) you're losing and (2) it's the 4th (self explanatory).
-You can go for it in your opponent's territory if you're (1) tied or losing and (2) it's 4th and 7 or less.

A few points:
-What is no man's land? Can someone who is tied in 4th quarter at opp's 28 with 4th and 5 go for it?
-Does the first rule override the rest? i.e. can you go for it on 4th down regardless of any other conditions so long as you are losing and it's the 4th quarter?
-Can you really never ever go for it on 4th if you are winning?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
:lol

Wellington trying to scrim against a potential playoff opponent!

But I need practice against the big at lead packers too so back off! :D AT I won't be available to play till around 5 cst but I could probably play then!
I am the lowest playoff seed. At best I would face him for the first time in the NFC Championship game. I doubt I make it that far.

A few points:
-What is no man's land? Can someone who is tied in 4th quarter at opp's 28 with 4th and 5 go for it? the edge of FG range to me is the 35 yard line. with nedney, i can't legimimately expect to make a fg from the 35 (a 52 yard FG). this will be different for different teams. rors can nail a 52 yard fg with probably 10 yards to spare. this is why i'm not setting a specific yard marker. basically, if you are in your opponents territory at the 45 yardline or in and its 4th and 7 or less, i would consider that acceptable to go for it on 4th (unless winning)

-Does the first rule override the rest? i.e. can you go for it on 4th down regardless of any other conditions so long as you are losing and it's the 4th quarter? yes, i would say this is acceptable. lets say its 4th and inches at your opponents 20, and you are down by 3. you can go for that first down. it's risky though!

-Can you really never ever go for it on 4th if you are winning? ehhhhhhh i don't want to make it an all or nothing thing. use your discretion and just be realistic. i hate to do that, i hate to say "well you are up by 1 point with 2 minutes left and have a 4th and inches at the goalline, kick the FG" and then you get the loss when the opponent gets the ball back and drives down on their 2 minute.

again, use proper discretion. i'm not saying you can't ever go for it on 4th down if you are winning, but never in your own territory and never on long yardage situation. just think, would a team who isn't the raiders go for this 4th down in real life? that should usually guide you correctly.

Lonestar

Madden Season 1 Stats

I'd recommend going to List view, it should allow for sorting on pretty much any column. I.E. Filter for your team, and you can see your players, etc.

I edited out the stats from that playoff game, so I feel it should be only from the regular season games.

I do have to say, if Adrian Peterson is running for over 8 yards per carry, you should have a bit more than 110 yards per game. Why pass???? He's got nearly 100 less carries on the year, compared to the other leading RB's in the league...

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
Madden Season 1 Stats

I'd recommend going to List view, it should allow for sorting on pretty much any column. I.E. Filter for your team, and you can see your players, etc.

I edited out the stats from that playoff game, so I feel it should be only from the regular season games.

I do have to say, if Adrian Peterson is running for over 8 yards per carry, you should have a bit more than 110 yards per game. Why pass???? He's got nearly 100 less carries on the year, compared to the other leading RB's in the league...

Busy throwing to him in the flats, IMO.

bluemax

Banned
No man's land is the Maroon Zone! Ie that area between the 30 and 40 where a FG is outside of your kicker's range and punting nets you less than 30 yards of field position.

Lonestar said:
Madden Season 1 Stats

Maybe it's a feast or famine thing like me with LT a few years back. I would put up 200 yards on a crappy rush team like the Colts, with a lot coming on a 98 yarder just before the half and then only put up like 30 on a tough team like the Raiders.

Mrbob

The lack of sacks in season one is a bit disgusting. :lol

Most everyone is hovering between 15 to 25....for the whole season!

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
A few points:
-What is no man's land? Can someone who is tied in 4th quarter at opp's 28 with 4th and 5 go for it? the edge of FG range to me is the 35 yard line. with nedney, i can't legimimately expect to make a fg from the 35 (a 52 yard FG). this will be different for different teams. rors can nail a 52 yard fg with probably 10 yards to spare. this is why i'm not setting a specific yard marker. basically, if you are in your opponents territory at the 45 yardline or in and its 4th and 7 or less, i would consider that acceptable to go for it on 4th (unless winning)

:D I love having a kicker that can make 60+ yard kicks with ease. If only the kicking meter suffered from less lag, I would rarely miss any. Unfortunately, I do rely too much on field goals. At least Prater will win the kicker of the year award. :lol

Mrbob said:

because no one knows how to take a sack. take a look at the interception numbers :lol

i started to play more conservative on throws after my 4 pick game against CB. worked out well in my final 2 games!

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
because no one knows how to take a sack. take a look at the interception numbers :lol

i started to play more conservative on throws after my 4 pick game against CB. worked out well in my final 2 games!

Yeah I wish I could take back my 6 pick game. I had a positive TD to INT ratio until the last 3 weeks of the season.

Passing as a whole is up league wide. Higher completion percentages especially. I think after the first few weeks everyone realized that passing to non elite WRs was actually a valid option this year!

Lonestar

Mrbob said:

Yeah, looking at the sacks is odd. Maybe those are good for the College game, with fewer games...

Here's the difference between ours and the real thing last year

Top 10 teams in our league:
New York Giants 34
Pittsburgh Steelers 30
Green Bay Packers 29
Denver Broncos 26
Arizona Cardinals 25
Atlanta Falcons 25
New Orleans Saints 25
Indianapolis Colts 24
Oakland Raiders 24
San Diego Chargers 24

Top 10 teams in NFL 2008:
1 Dallas Cowboys 59.0
2 Pittsburgh Steelers 51.0
3 Philadelphia Eagles 48.0
4 Minnesota Vikings 45.0
5 Tennessee Titans 44.0
6 New York Giants 42.0
7 New York Jets 41.0
8 Miami Dolphins 40.0
9 Carolina Panthers 37.0
10 Seattle Seahawks 35.0

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If only we could turn down INTs and turn up sacks! I don't think that many of the INTs are the result of pressure. I know I've had Warner (WARNER) sitting back in the pocket, dumping off short to a slot receiver, only to be picked off by some fatass (it goes the other way too, ahem Dansby and Hayes). Also if only the fucking WRs would actually stop or at least just turn around on deep balls that would cut down on INTs drastically. They just keep goin regardless of where the ball is and who else is there. Which is funny when you consider that Fitz is the FUCKING COVERBOY.

sable program some new animations into the franchise pls thanks.

Lonestar

I'd have to say, defensive wise, our defensive points allowed per game is on pretty similar grounds as the NFL, between the lowest and highest. Our yards per game given up, as a whole, seems to be better. Our Lowest YPG is about the same as the lowest in the NFL last year, but the higher teams (Detroit, St. Louis) were giving up near 400 yards a game. In fact, the highest YPG given up in our league (Carolina) would be good for 12th best in the NFL last year.

We don't have as many plays as the NFL though, for sure. But since it seems more of our Per Play/Attempt average is a bit better, I think it's closer to even. Rushing yards per attempt for us, alot of players over 5 yards per carry, versus the NFL's high of 5 YPC for 1 team (Giants). Most teams are NFL teams passed around 8 yards per attempt or less, we have some over 9.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I really need to work on my running game. The Jets have one of the better running games in the NFL and that does not translate well for me in Madden.

Nice job on the stats, Lonestar AND SABLE!!!!.

yeah good job on the stats!

i'm compiling my massive list of year end awards, including a "Players Choice" section of the awards.... completely voted on by YOU, the fans!

but that is to come after the playoffs!

Lonestar

Thank Sable, wouldn't have them at all if not for him. Most of the work I've not done today, because I was working on the stats, was not done because of RORSCHLAB. Playing the Playoff game before having someone record the stats...ridonkulous. Took awhile to widdle down the stats from that playoff game for those 2 teams.

I feel I got most of them, but watch out, DHB might have an extra screen pass in there or 2.

Now, to plan ahead for compiling multiple season stats...that'll involve a bit more than Copy/Paste.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah good job on the stats!

i'm compiling my massive list of year end awards, including a "Players Choice" section of the awards.... completely voted on by YOU, the fans!

but that is to come after the playoffs!

If Ruud doesn't win DPOTY, I'm quitting YOU!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Yeah, looking at the sacks is odd. Maybe those are good for the College game, with fewer games...

Here's the difference between ours and the real thing last year
It's definitely the ability to get rid of the ball with a defender basically on top of the QB. In my game yesterday with Daw I must have hit Favre at least 10 times as he was throwing. It was probably the most pressure I've gotten on anyone all year, but it did not result in a single sack. Even Daw commented that it was the most pressure he'd gotten from anyone.

They really have to tweak it. There are times where I nail QBs before the ball comes out and it flutters to the ground... should be a freakin' fumble.

Like I said the other day, I'd have even more sacks if I didn't run a lot of zone stuff with my DL.

BTW, third best passing D in the league! Proud of that shit, I don't have near the secondary some of you guys do.

Also, of all the playoff teams, I have by FAR the worst TO differential. Good grief. I really don't want to hear anyone complain about fumbles.

Fifty

It was a good one. GG Ramirez. Another great game between us. I really hope you go all the way, but of course you'll doubt that because of your injuries. You played smarter than me and deserved to win.

Yamon Figurs had another 2 returns for TDs. Last game it was a KR and a PR..this time, one KR, and one RIDICULOUS KR (I wish the replay would have shown him break a million tackles early on)

DM tried to warn me about Matt Bryant..but I didn't listen. I should have. Ramirez won by 3 at the end of the game, but early in the 4th, I missed a 41 yarder with Matt Bryant. It was ugly. It looked like one of those bowling strike rolls where it curves sharply at the end.

Live by the special teams..die by the special teams.

The final deciding play was a 3rd and long conversion to get him into FG range with time expiring, to Hines ward. I probably should have blitzed and just made sure to cover Hines. Or doubled him.. I had my #1 CB on Hines (who was in the slot) but an inside post saw him wide open and that was the game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I messaged daw on xbl about playing tonight. I have an 8 est meeting :/ but I am definitely game tonight if he is around.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nice... All I'm really interested in is to check out how progression works and how the draft works. Really curious to see what happens with my two safeties and Clint Sintim. It will determine how I draft.

AstroLad said:
Yeah I messaged daw on xbl about playing tonight. I have an 8 est meeting :/ but I am definitely game tonight if he is around.

i just texted him too

p.s. i hope progression isn't too screwy. rors what did it look like in your test franchise?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Maclin pretty much hit 1000 yards. He better get a nice boost.

And i hope Dawkins stays 1 more year atleast!

Ramirez

That was probably the best game of Madden I've ever played across any version or platform. I would have been pissed if I lost, but after I cooled down I would have still recognized it the same.

There were so many lead changes, just going blow for blow with each other, he had a KR TD on the opening kickoff, I thought it was about to get ugly quick, but I followed up with like an 11 play drive for a TD. Mendenhall was straight up beast mode for me, and Moore saved the dream for us. :lol I even did one of those break out of a sack moves with the right stick for the first time and got one of the biggest FDs of the game with a 9 yard rush by Ben.

Was a great game, wish they could all be that good, the tackle breaking on the KRs was absurd, but aside from that it was a very enjoyable non BS game for once.

Oh and here's the play that even had me sniffing a FG to end it, 3rd and 9 on my 36, I knew it would either work really good or I'd end up giving him great field position to end it with a FG. I think there was a minute left here.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/12043273

Top Bottom