• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The gangtackling in this game is bullshit. I had Vargas wrapped up with 7 defenders. My whole fucking D-Line. And he breaks away like a seal dipped in KY jelly and squirts 70+ yards for a TD. Horse-shit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck no to a restart. What kind of a dumbass idea...

That said, blame yourselves for not having the full roster. It was stupid to start before the actual reg season rosters were released.

Mrbob

Ok heading on now.

Wellington said:
Fuck no to a restart. What kind of a dumbass idea...

That said, blame yourselves for not having the full roster. It was stupid to start before the actual reg season rosters were released.

I was one who didn't want to start early. :lol

BigAT

DenogginizerOS said:
The gangtackling in this game is bullshit. I had Vargas wrapped up with 7 defenders. My whole fucking D-Line. And he breaks away like a seal dipped in KY jelly and squirts 70+ yards for a TD. Horse-shit.

By far the worst is when you know someone is going to break out of the gang tackle, have your user controlled player right there waiting, and you still can't do anything because the animation needs to fully play out before you can even have a chance at making a tackle.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
By far the worst is when you know someone is going to break out of the gang tackle, have your user controlled player right there waiting, and you still can't do anything because the animation needs to fully play out before you can even have a chance at making a tackle.
Yep, and the AI knows the dude is going to break out so they go ahead and block you before the ball carrier gets out. No way to defend it.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I vote for a reboot. Of course, it would be nice if EA would put out a proper patch to fix the borked Playoff seeding and whatnot.

Birdman02

I vote against a reboot.....unless I get the 49ers in the new one. We've already had a bunch of trades and free agency go down, and it would make this 1st season completely pointless as far as progression/regression.

lol this is a joke.

there will be no reboot. shut that rumor down now. CB wants it rebooted and asked about it last night, that is where he is coming up with his idea and false info that the patch wont apply to currently started franchises (the first patch already has so that makes no sense).

done guys. no reboot. and i stand the benefit the most as the niners ALL got a big boost!

playoffs are coming up and the draft ladies!

Mrbob

I'll have to see if the fruits of my constant dline play lately will pay off in season 2. My secondary sucks so my only solution is to rush the qb to pass and make a mistake.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lonestar/bigJ: you guys playing tonight? if not do you have issue with me advancing to the playoffs on a sim?

DO IT

oh and sux for you that crabs is debuting against the texans. d-rob is gonna get em!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
DO IT

oh and sux for you that crabs is debuting against the texans. d-rob is gonna get em!

no he wont. why would the texans stick their best CB on Crabtree? seems like a waste

Rorschach

I LOVE my updated rosters (and we're about to get another boost in defense), but fuck that. I want all the shit I worked for even with my missing stats and I want to draft/trade.

If the league were to reboot, we may as well have Leaguedaddy!

dskillzhtown said:
Why wouldn't the patch apply to the franchise?
There's no reason why it shouldn't. I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary. I don't know where he got that info.

Rorschach said:
I LOVE my updated rosters (and we're about to get another boost in defense), but fuck that. I want all the shit I worked for even with my missing stats and I want to draft/trade.

If the league were to reboot, we may as well have Leaguedaddy!

There's no reason why it shouldn't. I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary. I don't know where he got that info.

it's 100% untrue. the original patch has already worked for OF. cb desperately wants his ratings updgrades, but he shant get them..... in this league!

Striker

If we began the season now, my team would be without:

RB James Davis (who I currently start)
WR Braylon Edwards (no Vince Jackson in return!)
TE Martin Rucker (my best pass-catching TE)
ILB D'Qwell Jackson, best LB by far

That's only the main ones. I would be lucky to win a game. D:

DenogginizerOS said:
Somina did that to me in our first meeting with Cedric Benson. :lol :(

guys i haven't seen that gang tackling break at any point this season. i dont know if my D is rated good enough to prevent it, but i usually switch to the guy tackling (if already wrapped up) and mash on X

p.s. still wait to hear from bigjonsson. i may advance anyhow.... even if he lost he'd get a better draft pick :/

Somnia

Striker said:
If we began the season now, my team would be without:

RB James Davis (who I currently start)
WR Braylon Edwards (no Vince Jackson in return!)
TE Martin Rucker (my best pass-catching TE)
ILB D'Qwell Jackson, best LB by far

That's only the main ones. I would be lucky to win a game. D:

Somina did that to me in our first meeting with Cedric Benson. :lol :(
I do what I can :D

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i haven't seen that gang tackling break at any point this season. i dont know if my D is rated good enough to prevent it, but i usually switch to the guy tackling (if already wrapped up) and mash on X

That is because you don't have to go up against AP twice a year! At least he is a beast.

Damn Packers backup RB broke a bunch of gang tackles on me. :(

Smokey

HORRAY!

playoffs r here!

AFC Wild Card Round

Ravens
Steelers

Raiders
Colts

NFC Wild Card Round

Giants
Falcons

Vikings
Cardinals

I play winner of Ravens/Steelers.

Great..2 of the better defenses in the game. Lose/Lose situation!

FMT what's deadline for playoff games? Still wed/sat?

looked at the way records finished trying to determine the tie breakers and here is what we know:

1. Head to head is not a tie breaker in the game.
2. Division record does not matter
3. PF does not matter
4. PF/PA ratio does not matter

what may determine:

1. conference record
2. alphabetical order. unknown if its alphabetical by city or team name.

yes, the weeks will advance as normal. although i would hope these can get done a bit quicker.... its just a max of 4 games per week fellas, versus 16 games to get done in the regular season.

BigJonsson said:
When are we starting season 2?

I guess I have a pretty good draft position with a 3-13 record

we have a few things to get through before season 2 starts:

1. the playoffs
2. off-season Free Agency draft
3. rookie draft

i will be doing year end awards after the playoffs are completed.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we have a few things to get through before season 2 starts:

1. the playoffs
2. off-season Free Agency draft
3. rookie draft

i will be doing year end awards after the playoffs are completed.

Nice

Whats the protocol for trading teams? If anyone wants to.......

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
adrianwilson.jpg

I would vote yes for a restart only because the Dolphins aren't fucking terrible anymore and I'd love to have a chance to compete with them, but if I was in any other situation I'd say hell no.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
I would vote yes for a restart only because the Dolphins aren't fucking terrible anymore and I'd love to have a chance to compete with them, but if I was in any other situation I'd say hell no.

thanks for the RT.

ph33nix said:

uh, their ratings aren't much better than you have now. EA rated your dolphins OK because of their 11-5 record last year. not sure how you can consider your team awful.... ronnie brown, a good offensive line, good defense

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
they are there if you have sables script!
Do they progress for our players in the actual season, though? That's what matters to me. :(

By the way, we'll "restart" after the Super Bowl.

FA, Draft, trade happenings! ;)

LukeSmith

Lost power rors, hope u finished against CPU otherwise you should replay against then, game was in your hands. You're one step closer to pick 32!

ph33nix said:

I'd trade you the Texans for the Phins

They are my team

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
uh, their ratings aren't much better than you have now. EA rated your dolphins OK because of their 11-5 record last year. not sure how you can consider your team awful.... ronnie brown, a good offensive line, good defense

excuses.

it's the pheeniks way.

see: nba2k

BigJonsson said:
I'd trade you the Texans for the Phins

They are my team

i'd trade you chargers for my texans if I didn't already make moves during the season. gotta see how it turns out now.

Top Bottom