• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3 said:
i have faith.

and no one cares about issac bruce

including me! i can't wait to have him off my roster. not sure why i started him all season and i have no idea how he has a high 70 rating. he's not very fast and is easy to dislodge the ball. he does have quick moves and gets open from time to time, but it was a wasted season then for one of my backups!

Fifty

Ramirez said:
That was probably the best game of Madden I've ever played across any version or platform. I would have been pissed if I lost, but after I cooled down I would have still recognized it the same.

There were so many lead changes, just going blow for blow with each other, he had a KR TD on the opening kickoff, I thought it was about to get ugly quick, but I followed up with like an 11 play drive for a TD. Mendenhall was straight up beast mode for me, and Moore saved the dream for us. :lol I even did one of those break out of a sack moves with the right stick for the first time and got one of the biggest FDs of the game with a 9 yard rush by Ben.

Was a great game, wish they could all be that good, the tackle breaking on the KRs was absurd, but aside from that it was a very enjoyable non BS game for once.

Oh and here's the play that even had me sniffing a FG to end it, 3rd and 9 on my 36, I knew it would either work really good or I'd end up giving him great field position to end it with a FG. I think there was a minute left here.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/12043273

I'm honored to have been part of it. Even if it was on the losing end!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
My choices so far for the top 3 at the offensive positions, simply because I wanted to do lists, a Football fan's favorite thing to do.

QB
1. Phillip Rivers 232-368 3689 63% 35 TD - 11 INT 115.61 Rating
2. Peyton Manning 336-477 4299 70% 34 TD - 21 INT 103.75 Rating
3. Aaron Rodgers 280-407 4228 68% 34 TD - 24 INT 105.96 Rating

RB
1. Adrian Peterson 219 1760 17 TD's
2. Chris Johnson 304 2074 19 TD's
3. Willie Parker 309 1992 20 TD's
(AP #1 simply for the YPC average, and the 90 receptions 1062 yards & 10 TD's catching)

WR
1. Roddy White 81 1483 16 TD's
2. Larry Fitzgerald 106 1623 7 TD's
3. Randy Moss 64 1260 15 TD's
(Larry's #2 simply because of the amount of catches and yards. Not enough TD's though)

TE
1. Antonio Gates 64 1179 12 TD's
2. Dallas Clark 85 1160 8 TD's
3. Greg Olson 82 1083 4 TD's

AirBrian

Lonestar said:
My choices so far for the top 3 at the offensive positions, simply because I wanted to do lists, a Football fan's favorite thing to do.

QB
1. Phillip Rivers 232-368 3689 63% 35 TD - 11 INT 115.61 Rating
2. Peyton Manning 336-477 4299 70% 34 TD - 21 INT 103.75 Rating
3. Aaron Rodgers 280-407 4228 68% 34 TD - 24 INT 105.96 Rating

RB
1. Adrian Peterson 219 1760 17 TD's
2. Chris Johnson 304 2074 19 TD's
3. Willie Parker 309 1992 20 TD's
(AP #1 simply for the YPC average, and the 90 receptions 1062 yards & 10 TD's catching)

WR
1. Roddy White 81 1483 16 TD's
2. Larry Fitzgerald 106 1623 7 TD's
3. Randy Moss 64 1260 15 TD's
(Larry's #2 simply because of the amount of catches and yards. Not enough TD's though)

TE
1. Antonio Gates 64 1179 12 TD's
2. Dallas Clark 85 1160 8 TD's
3. Greg Olson 82 1083 4 TD's
He should be DQ'd because of the 90 receptions, 1062 yards, and 10 TDs. AD? More like ACheese!

Ramirez

How's the 90 receptions compare to other RBs? I don't think I even have a WR with 90 catches. :lol Addai has 94, other than that no one is jumping out. :p

Mrbob

Damn it I couldn't even crack the top 3 in TE cheese? Season FAILED.

edit: NM I see Greg at 3, but still! I need to work on his game for the next season. Number one or BUST.

Lonestar

AirBrian said:
He should be DQ'd because of the 90 receptions, 1062 yards, and 10 TDs. AD? More like ACheese!

I don't doubt that, but still, if you throw the 2 together, he has 309 touches, and has 2,822 yards and 27 TD's. (To match, Willie had 334 touches 2265 yards and 21 TD's, and Johnson had 352 touches 2647 yards and 22 TD's)

AP is #3 in receptions, #10 in receiving yards and tied for 5th in receiving touchdowns.

Olson just needed more touchdowns.

BigAT

Ramirez said:
How's the 90 receptions compare to other RBs? I don't think I even have a WR with 90 catches. :lol Addai has 94, other than that no one is jumping out. :p

That's probably because NO ONE has a WR with 90 catches, with the exception of Astro. Fitzgerald is the only wide receiver with more catches than AP.

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:

Addai is on pace for 83 in the NFL

9616.jpg

SIM LEAGUE

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
What about like a webcam that everyone can just sign in to? What program would allow that?

I am sure Justin.tv can be broadcast that way. That way no one's bandwidth would get screwed while trying to play and broadcast.

TheCrow

CB3 said:
Maclin pretty much hit 1000 yards. He better get a nice boost.

And i hope Dawkins stays 1 more year atleast!

He'll stay for 1 more year but I am pretty sure he won't return after that. Even though he could(rating wise) play for 5 more years. :D

Anyone looking for O-Line help??? I might just decide to go with my younger backups at LG and C, if I get a good offer.

Lonestar

BigAT said:
That's probably because NO ONE has a WR with 90 catches, with the exception of Astro. Fitzgerald is the only wide receiver with more catches than AP.

Well, like I mentioned, we didn't run as many plays as NFL teams do (in 2008). But we have a bit more yards per play to counteract that.

NFL, Running Backs are 4-5 ypc, we were 4-6 ish. Passing, we were more 7-10 YPA, and the NFL was mostly under 8.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheCrow said:
He'll stay for 1 more year but I am pretty sure he won't return after that. Even though he could(rating wise) play for 5 more years. :D

Anyone looking for O-Line help??? I might just decide to go with my younger backups at LG and C, if I get a good offer.

They shouldnt retire him. Ratings wise, contract wise, real life performance wise he is doing very well

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I am so fucked when Warner retires after this season. Be realistic Madden--you know Warner's never going to retire of his own accord!

Fifty

Thanks for the chart and those singled out players, Lonestar. I may not have figured in the big 3 position races, but I did have the returning MVP in Yamon Figurs, and my user-controlled SS (Landry from FNL's cousin, Dawan) had a league leading 11 INTs!

TheCrow

CB3 said:
They shouldnt retire him. Ratings wise, contract wise, real life performance wise he is doing very well

True, if he actually stayed for more than a couple of years it would have definitely changed my trades. Just seeing him on the field makes me cover up the ball at all times and hope for no injuries. D:

i was looking at the INT stat the other night and said damn ladry has a lot of picks.... then i remembered it was fifty controlling him!

if pwill didn't have rock hands he'd probably have 7 or 8 picks this season!

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Dammit Ror's, you and Luke RUINING the game :p You went ahead and played the game before I could record the season stats. Now you 2 have an extra game in over everyone :p

Anyone else copy them down before then?
I copied them down and sorted them right!

Lonestar said:
Hmm, ok, you 2 split the series between each other, leaving him at 3-1 in the division and you @2-2. You scored more points and had a better conference record...and have a team starting with ...
It doesn't count the city's name. It counts the team name. His team starts with a "C" and FMT's name starts with an "F".

Lonestar said:
Yeah, looking at the sacks is odd. Maybe those are good for the College game, with fewer games...

Here's the difference between ours and the real thing last year
INTs are off the charts. The leading team last year in the NFL had 26 INTs. This year, we have TWENTY teams with 25+ INTs. Secondly, that throw-as-you-fall animation is taking away a lot of sacks.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i just texted him too

p.s. i hope progression isn't too screwy. rors what did it look like in your test franchise?
Progression is a bit screwy. HBs advance just fine and I was happy with the boosts and declines I saw, but everything else is a tossup. Oh, and speed decline is absolute bullshit. There was a guy who returned 10 KRs for TDs and 4 INTs for TDs downgrade in speed by 8 points. The worst part is that speed doesn't upgrade ever, so he's fucked for life. My return guy, Higgins, was downgraded 4 speed points even though he had 10 receiving TDs and 3 KR TDs.

CB3 said:
Maclin pretty much hit 1000 yards. He better get a nice boost.

And i hope Dawkins stays 1 more year atleast!
Maclin should get a nice boost since he's young and A rated.

AstroLad said:
I am so fucked when Warner retires after this season. Be realistic Madden--you know Warner's never going to retire of his own accord!
Warner didn't retire in my fake league.

Striker

BigAT said:
My top receiver was Brian Robiskie.

Jackson and Massaqoui each had 40+, though, as well. None of my backs had over 20 catches. It really depends how you want to play and sometimes its by getting blasted at the LOS from a blitz. Peterson was directly thrown to too much in my CLE/MIN game, but whatevs.

Lonestar

Oh shit, DCX won in OT on a 64 yard fumble return...

Went into OT on a 47 yard FG by DCX with no time on the clock in the 4th...

Wellie scored the go ahead TD (31-28) with 14 seconds left on the clock....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I feel like throwing up I can't believe the bonehead move I made to allow DCX to even tie it up.

I took the lead 31-28 with 15 seconds left. I SQUIBBED. YES. SQUIBBED. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Soon as I picked I nearly shit my pants. I didn't have any time outs to change it.

I got the ball in OT. Moving the rock easily. Got into FG range with a pass to BShaw who fumbles it. DCX recovers takes it to the house. Story of the season, I continually got jobbed on turnovers. Best running team in the NFL with the lowest turnover amount ever (tied with Miami) and I fumble all the damn time.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
I feel like throwing up I can't believe the bonehead move I made to allow DCX to even tie it up.

I took the lead 31-31 with 15 seconds left. I SQUIBBED. YES. SQUIBBED. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Soon as I picked I nearly shit my pants. I didn't have any time outs to change it.

I got the ball in OT. Moving the rock easily. Got into FG range with a pass to BShaw who fumbles it. DCX recovers takes it to the house. Story of the season, I continually got jobbed on turnovers. Best running team in the NFL with the lowest turnover amount ever (tied with Miami) and I fumble all the damn time.

I did that against the Jaguars, and I blew it, pretty much the same way. Enough time to let him tie the game, and I lost in OT.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellingtonstradamus
Wellington said:
Also, of all the playoff teams, I have by FAR the worst TO differential. Good grief. I really don't want to hear anyone complain about fumbles.
Rors said:
So is the Dawstro game getting done tonight?
Haven't heard back yet. I guess FMT texted him too? Anyway I should be home around 11 EST at the latest and I can play any time up until like 2 AM. Just need like 10 mins to futz with my team.

Rorschach

Ah, thanks for the update, Astro.

I wonder if EA does the seeding right. I don't know who I play, but if we advance tonight, I'm down!

I think it'll be me and LJ if they do it right.
AstroLad said:
And we didn't get Rors's pre-playoff power rankings and weekly picks segment. YOU JUMPED THE GUN RORS
You guys jumped the gun on me! It's no fun doing them when half the games are done. :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
They are huddling up to figure out more ways to get AP the ball on passing plays. Butt Buddies

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
You guys jumped the gun on me! It's no fun doing them when half the games are done. :p
You should do 'em the day of advance and knock people down for not completing them by that day. Incentive!

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

I took the lead 31-31 with 15 seconds left. I SQUIBBED. YES. SQUIBBED. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Soon as I picked I nearly shit my pants. I didn't have any time outs to change it.

I was pretty shocked about the kick myself, all i could think was the Bears game last year. Wow, what a game, i couldn't believe i let a FB dive go for 60 yards and a touch...i ran laps screaming, i think the police are on their way lol

DCX

Top Bottom