• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

daw840

AstroLad said:
tonight's looking messy daw. will you be around midnight est?

Oh man, that's really late for me. It's end-of-month right now at work and I have been putting in between 9-11 hours a day, I really don't think I can make a midnight game work man.

When does this thing advance?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
saturday is the advance.

edit: it looks like i might be able to make it back for a 9 est game i will let you know when i do. my evenings are pretty play by ear right now w work

daw840

AstroLad said:
saturday is the advance.

edit: it looks like i might be able to make it back for a 9 est game i will let you know when i do. my evenings are pretty play by ear right now w work

I completely understand. A 9 EST game tonight would work perfect for me though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
As long as the offseason stuff doesnt start before sunday night, i will be ok. Out of town till then.

daw840 said:
LOL. As much as I love the chiefs, I think I will stick with a non college level team. :lol

what a sham. i would rather play with a 60 rated 49ers team than use a superbeast team.

i guess not all of us can be life-longers!

p.s. i highly doubt that the offseason would start before sunday. and even if it did, there is the process of having the free agent stuff worked out (which we can't even begin to do until the superbowl is done since progression will have an effect on who you can cut etc)

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what a sham. i would rather play with a 60 rated 49ers team than use a superbeast team.

p.s. i highly doubt that the offseason would start before sunday. and even if it did, there is the process of having the free agent stuff worked out (which we can't even begin to do until the superbowl is done since progression will have an effect on who you can cut etc)

I swore an oath to Slo that I would keep his vikings out of the hands of you vultures and I am bound by that.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:

FMT if I have an 80+ guy retire do I still have to cut an 80+ guy?

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
Relax, fellas. I'm pretty sure it was a joke. No way they'd give up powerhouse teams for their "real life" teams.

FU! I'm not giving up my 67 rated powerhouse for my real team, the Vikpatrioteelers.

Wellington said:
FMT if I have an 80+ guy retire do I still have to cut an 80+ guy?

yep. the key is to have enough players in the free agent pool for everyone. its not fair for one person to give up 3 players he would have had and then someone else has a retirement and only provides 2 players.

sucks for me because bruce would be on that list (not for the 80+, but 75)

TheCrow

For the free agent draft. Are we going to be able to pick our players ourselves if we are online or are you just going to go off of lists?

TheCrow said:
For the free agent draft. Are we going to be able to pick our players ourselves if we are online or are you just going to go off of lists?

im going to TRY to do it live this time and see how that works, but i'll have lists there as well for those that can't make it.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Yeah who would do something crazy like that!
<3 Only true fans.

CB3 said:
is the pidgeon included in the next roster update?
Better be!

Ramirez said:
When I looked at the playoff schedule yesterday in game I was playing the Chargers, did it change or something?
Where? On the console?

FrenchMovieTheme said:

You're a fool! It's harder than ever to compete against beast teams with shit teams this year. :[

I'm putting the Raiders team on the trading block. If anyone wants to switch teams, hollaback!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
im going to TRY to do it live this time.
DoItLive.jpg

is the ratings thing for the free agents this offseason based on pre-progression ratings or post-progression ratings? The 80+ player I'm looking to cut I think might fall below that after this season.

Striker

sableholic said:
is the ratings thing for the free agents this offseason based on pre-progression ratings or post-progression ratings? The 80+ player I'm looking to cut I think might fall below that after this season.
Good call.

Ugh, if my player falls below the 80 rating, I would be forced to cut somebody I really, really do not want to part ways with. -_-

Birdman02

sableholic said:

Looks like it's post-progression...

FMT said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Either way, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to cut at least 2 starters.

TheCrow said:
I am pretty sure FMT said the cuts happen after the progression/regression.

well shit that might not leave me many options...

Actually looks like the player I thought might fall had quite a few tds so maybe he'll be ok. I can only imagine some of the really crappy teams are going to have some trouble finding players for the 80 and two 75+ requirements without cutting someone they want to keep.

TheCrow

sableholic said:
well shit that might not leave me many options...

Actually looks like the player I thought might fall had quite a few tds so maybe he'll be ok. I can only imagine some of the really crappy teams are going to have some trouble finding players for the 80 and two 75+ requirements without cutting someone they want to keep.

I don't think performances matters as much as age and potential. It also depends on the position they play as well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Everyone remember to write down their current ratings. Rors said that they don't actually show who progressed where, they are just updated.

Wellington said:
Everyone remember to write down their current ratings. Rors said that they don't actually show who progressed where, they are just updated.

good to know, ill save the rosters page now. although i guess that only gets me the overall, but better than nothing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sable can you just get ea to hire you to fix some of this shit? for example, why can't they just have a simple end-of-season screen for each player with cute arrows next to ratings showing how much they moved.

i will cover your salary. which isn't saying much since fixing it all would probably take you a couple of hours judging by the franchise site workaround.

AstroLad said:
sable can you just get ea to hire you to fix some of this shit? for example, why can't they just have a simple end-of-season screen for each player with cute arrows next to ratings showing how much they moved.

i will cover your salary.

yep its kind of sad really how little effort they've put into updates on the franchise websites. I thought for sure by the time we hit season 2 we wouldn't need my script anymore.

On a related note, I do need to make it so you can separate between playoffs and regular season stats, should be easy enough.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sableholic said:
yep its kind of sad really how little effort they've put into updates on the franchise websites. I thought for sure by the time we hit season 2 we wouldn't need my script anymore.

On a related note, I do need to make it so you can separate between playoffs and regular season stats, should be easy enough.
It's just funny all the stupid shit they try to charge for, and then something I actually WOULD pay for--a full-fledged franchise mode with detailed season-over-season stats, awards, salary cap, etc.--they just leave you with the absolute barebones and no options other than leaguedaddy (ugh) or ad hoc workarounds.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:

I already know Stafford will be a 95 OVR next season.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Yes. Also, before we advance to the draft, everyone needs to write down their 7 lowest rated players.

The cpu automatically takes out guys to make room for your draft class. If you end up taking some duds and want your guys back, it'll be nice to have a list. Not everyone is playing with their favorite teams, so you might not know the bottom of your roster by heart. :p

Oh, and I don't think it matters if you make room before the draft. I had 3 open spots and it still took 7 guys out for the 7 rookies.

Fifty said:
No, that's just the number of times you'll throw to him.
:lol

Striker

Rorschach said:
Yes. Also, before we advance to the draft, everyone needs to write down their 7 lowest rated players.

The cpu automatically takes out guys to make room for your draft class. If you end up taking some duds and want your guys back, it'll be nice to have a list. Not everyone is playing with their favorite teams, so you might not know the bottom of your roster by heart. :p
CPU will end up cutting Josh Cribbs from me. I know it!

daw840

I just need a starting QB for next year that is better than my POS TJack.

I am saying this right now, when Farve retires at the end of this season (and assuming the game doesn't make him "come out of retirement") and I don't have someone better than TJack, I won't win a single game next year. :lol

daw840 said:
I just need a starting QB for next year that is better than my POS TJack.

I am saying this right now, when Farve retires at the end of this season (and assuming the game doesn't make him "come out of retirement") and I don't have someone better than TJack, I won't win a single game next year. :lol

Schaub + Slaton for AP!

BigJonsson said:
Anyone plan on dropping a QB with a high play action rating?

Schaub is horrid at PA passing :(

shaun hill and/or alex smith? wait both have horrible PA rating, but i think i had the highest completion % in the league with hill. i had games where his only incompletions were interceptions (unfortunately)

Top Bottom