• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Mrbob

And the home team holds onto the game with their first round bye.

Will be interesting to see if the teams with the bye can capitalize on their week off! :D

Oh and Vikings/Packers is the game of the divisional round.

TheCrow

Yeah, I don't really understand how the game calls for the pass interference penalty. Every other play you can see receivers being pushed around down field even after the ball is thrown.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
Here's how the game ended: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/12169601

On a phantom PI call. Meanwhile, my guys are getting bumped 10-15 yards out. Sweet.

Yeah, 3rd and 5 from around the 42 (Bills side) with 1:57 left in the game and I get a first on a PI. My primary read was the TE running something like an out and in, Evans was on a slant but I just wanted him to clear coverage for the TE, but Howard blitzed and I unloaded.

I scrimmaged Rors last week, and he had 3 ints, all to Morrison. They were all on slants. Every int was the result of my back being in to block. Sometimes the LB will have a red dog assignment (if his assignment is blocking he blitzes) and sometimes he just stays in a QB spy. I keyed on the LB's on every slant I threw, and on that particular play he ran a red dog instead of just spying.

Still my controller never rumbled on the PI, and I really couldn't tell from replay. Caught a break, a big one.

Striker

In Rors/my game back in the final weeks, I figured they would have called PI on his player but low and behold, no calls. Despite his player basically shielding my WR from his route. :lol

EA <3

daw840

BigAT said:
Daw, do you think you will be around tomorrow to get our game in?

Should be an interesting one, considering we split our two games and they were decided by a TOTAL of 5 points.

Yeah, looking forward to our game. We definitely play some close ones. It's end-of-month at work right now so I have no idea how long I will be working this evening. I will try to post when I am done though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
I was pretty shocked about the kick myself, all i could think was the Bears game last year. Wow, what a game, i couldn't believe i let a FB dive go for 60 yards and a touch...i ran laps screaming, i think the police are on their way lol

DCX
Dude thinking back to it that was probably the game of the year, I wish I could have recorded it somehow. Everything was just so crazy. The first TD pass where I took control of the AI (that would have at least made the tackle), the FB Dive for a 60 yard TD, the kick return TD, the score with 15 secs left.... it was just insanity. I don't know if you realized I was trying to let you score so I got the ball back with time left but AI Corey Webster made the tackle at the GL. Fucking unreal game.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Dude thinking back to it that was probably the game of the year, I wish I could have recorded it somehow. Everything was just so crazy. The first TD pass where I took control of the AI (that would have at least made the tackle), the FB Dive for a 60 yard TD, the kick return TD, the score with 15 secs left.... it was just insanity. I don't know if you realized I was trying to let you score so I got the ball back with time left but AI Corey Webster made the tackle at the GL. Fucking unreal game.

I know you did, the linemen pulled back into coverage. On the TD run by Turner i was going to try to lay down and get first and goal from the 2-3 and milk it, but knowing this POS game i would have gotten stop 4 straight times on the goal line. The kickoff return had me deflatted...i was so done...i kept plugging away, a game ofr the ages for real. Adds to our rivalry even though like u said, you pound me 9-10 times :lol

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
[/B]
I know you did, the linemen pulled back into coverage. On the TD run by Turner i was going to try to lay down and get first and goal from the 2-3 and milk it, but knowing this POS game i would have gotten stop 4 straight times on the goal line. The kickoff return had me deflatted...i was so done...i kept plugging away, a game ofr the ages for real. Adds to our rivalry even though like u said, you pound me 9-10 times :lol

DCX
I thought I had the return on the final drive too, I saw the hole but got caught at midfield.

This game topped my triple OT game with Miguel where my FG to win the game bounced off of the cross bar. :lol

Good season overall I guess and I proved my point from last year that WR ratings can pretty much be ignored except for the extreme ends of the spectrum (too good to be pressed/Drop everything that hits them in the hands).

Nightz

DCX said:
Nightz we can play right after the early games are done.

DCx
Any chance you can play today between 4-9 pm EST? I'm trying to take a half day here at work since things are kinda slow. No worries if you can't, it just means more Borderlands time for me. :D

daw840

Wellington said:
I thought I had the return on the final drive too, I saw the hole but got caught at midfield.

This game topped my triple OT game with Miguel where my FG to win the game bounced off of the cross bar. :lol

Good season overall I guess and I proved my point from last year that WR ratings can pretty much be ignored except for the extreme ends of the spectrum (too good to be pressed/Drop everything that hits them in the hands).

This is very true. Percy Harvin is like a 76 OVR but he plays like a 99.

AirBrian

LiveWire said:
Oh, and did anyone notice that in the Online Franchise Companion for iPhone, it shows the proper playoff/divisional rankings? The Niners are listed as #1 in the West, for example. WTF EA? :lol
Yeah, I noticed that too. :lol Never change, EA!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
This is very true. Percy Harvin is like a 76 OVR but he plays like a 99.
Steve Smith in Madden plays like he has a 99 catch rating (which he should based, dude catches everything). My highest rated receiver was my TE at 83 OVR and I had my best year ever passing, aside from all the stupid picks. I really can't even blame them on potential sacks either, I barely even got touched this year.

Hakeem Nicks was amazing for me all year as well. I am considering making him the starter for next season instead of keeping him in the slot.

Not amazing stats compared to the awesome receivers/passing attacks in the league like Fitz/Peterson/Addai but really good for me:

Nicks - 48 receptions, 741 yards, 4 TDs (6 drops)
Smith - 52 receptions, 763 yards, 5 TDs (6 drops)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wellington said:
Steve Smith in Madden plays like he has a 99 catch rating (which he should based, dude catches everything). My highest rated receiver was my TE at 83 OVR and I had my best year ever passing, aside from all the stupid picks. I really can't even blame them on potential sacks either, I barely even got touched this year.

Hakeem Nicks was amazing for me all year as well. I am considering making him the starter for next season instead of keeping him in the slot.
fitz drops balls in the endzone and gets passes ripped out of his hands on key drives :/

daw840

AstroLad said:
fitz drops balls in the endzone and gets passes ripped out of his hands on key drives :/

Fitz did make some pretty amazing catches yesterday, it just didn't make up for his fuck ups.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That's true, Anquan has Fitz's back. Need to run more plays where he can cover for Fitz's fuckups a la Penny from Inspector Gadget.

AirBrian

AstroLad said:
Fitz is only good on 3rd downs. You know, like 3rd and 12 or 3rd and 19 or 3rd and 23.

I'd have that fucker double covered too. :-(

daw840

AirBrian said:
Fitz is only good on 3rd downs. You know, like 3rd and 12 or 3rd and 19 or 3rd and 23.

I'd have that fucker double covered too. :-(

This shit would drive me fucking insane. Cover 4 zone, 3rd and 15, with Fitz highlighted. There are like 3 defenders covering him and he STILL comes up with the ball. I almost threw my controller across the room multiple times when playing Astro.

BigAT

daw840 said:
Yeah, looking forward to our game. We definitely play some close ones. It's end-of-month at work right now so I have no idea how long I will be working this evening. I will try to post when I am done though.

I won't be available during the Rutgers game tonight (like 8-11 PM EST) tonight. If we don't get it done tonight, I'll be available during the day tomorrow.

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
Any chance you can play today between 4-9 pm EST? I'm trying to take a half day here at work since things are kinda slow. No worries if you can't, it just means more Borderlands time for me. :D
You know, ok..i'll be able to do that...i'll let you know, closer to 4ish would be great.

DCX

daw840

BigAT said:
I won't be available during the Rutgers game tonight (like 8-11 PM EST) tonight. If we don't get it done tonight, I'll be available during the day tomorrow.

If I get off work at a normal time (5 EST) I can probably get to it right when I get home. I just don't know if I will get off then.

Nightz

DCX said:
You know, ok..i'll be able to do that...i'll let you know, closer to 4ish would be great.

DCX
Right after I made that post I was pulled into some meetings and I might have to stay my full workday. If I can still get off early, best case scenario would be me getting home at 2:30 (5:30 EST). I'll let you know what's up when we figure it out. Sorry about that.

AirBrian

AstroLad said:
You beat me like 50-3 what on earth could you possibly be complaining about! For every "great" Fitz play I can guarantee you there is one Fitz fuckup (http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/11806354) or INT (usually the latter).

edit: this applies to both of you anyway now that daw revenged his first loss :lol
It was a lot closer than that, and it was only a little lopsided because of pick-sixes (which was Warner's fault, not Fitz's!). I'm just complaining because the dude is a 3rd down beast. I would know what was coming, call the right play, double team, and he'd still make the first. I can't tell you how many times I almost launched the controller! :lol

daw840

AstroLad said:
You beat me like 50-3 what on earth could you possibly be complaining about! For every "great" Fitz play I can guarantee you there is one Fitz fuckup (http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/11806354) or INT (usually the latter).

edit: this applies to both of you anyway now that daw revenged his first loss :lol

LOL. I wasn't necessarily complaining, it was just frustrating watching Fitz do some crazy shit.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dave you are the last person in this league i want to see complaining about an unstoppable player.... and by far the last person!

umad.gif

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
Right after I made that post I was pulled into some meetings and I might have to stay my full workday. If I can still get off early, best case scenario would be me getting home at 2:30 (5:30 EST). I'll let you know what's up when we figure it out. Sorry about that.
Just let me know.

DCX

Striker

Will Favre finally retire after Season 1? I don't want that shit-head in our league anymore!

Not amazing stats compared to the awesome receivers/passing attacks in the league like Fitz/Peterson/Addai but really good for me:

Nicks - 48 receptions, 741 yards, 4 TDs (6 drops)
Smith - 52 receptions, 763 yards, 5 TDs (6 drops)
I passed to a trio of wideouts, as well. I noticed you did with Smith, Hixon, and Nicks. What... Mario had one grab? I know he's low rated, but damn. Would you be willing to depart Super Mario for a draft pick or a player you would like in return? Surely he can't be that bad. All I'm looking for is a WR to challenge the #4 duties, return game, or depth.

FMT, it will take a decent amount to get Cribbs, even if I didn't score any ST TD's this season with him. :(

As for my receivers' numbers comparable to Wellie's...

Robiskie - 56 receptions, 759 yards, 3 TD's (11 drops) :(
Jackson - 49 receptions, 832 yards, 9 TD's (6 drops)
Massaqoui - 40 catches, 515 yards, 5 TD's (5 drops)

LiveWire

Man I can't wait to see player progression! I spent most of my workday today compiling my team stats in an Excel spreadsheet. :lol

I already have a good idea of who will retire from my offline Skins franchise, so I know where I will need to draft to fill depth in key spots on offense and defense. But my defense in the GAF league was far better than my offline D, so I don't know what to expect as far as progression of players. If my theories are correct, I will have a defense with all three starting linebackers at 85+ OVR, both starting corners at 86+ (1 perhaps 90+)OVR, a starting free safety at 90+ OVR, and starting strong safety at 80+ OVR. The only weakness I'll have is defensive end, but who cares when I've got Haynesworth. 2000 Ravens ain't got shit on me! :D

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Man I can't wait to see player progression! I spent most of my workday today compiling my team stats in an Excel spreadsheet. :lol

I already have a good idea of who will retire from my offline Skins franchise, so I know where I will need to draft to fill depth in key spots on offense and defense. But my defense in the GAF league was far better than my offline D, so I don't know what to expect as far as progression of players. If my theories are correct, I will have a defense with all three starting linebackers at 85+ OVR, both starting corners at 86+ (1 perhaps 90+)OVR, a starting free safety at 90+ OVR, and starting strong safety at 80+ OVR. The only weakness I'll have is defensive end, but who cares when I've got Haynesworth. 2000 Ravens ain't got shit on me! :D
Certain positions are messed up. It doesn't matter that you had a good defense or that you didn't allow yards or points. The gauges used, in terms of production, are way out of our reach because we play human opponents. If only they would grade on a curve instead of their shitty "sim" stats. We're not going to get a player with 125+ tackles, 10+ pancakes, etc unless we sim our games.

Anyway, the most impactful attributes seem to be potential and age.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Certain positions are messed up. It doesn't matter that you had a good defense or that you didn't allow yards or points. The gauges used, in terms of production, are way out of our reach because we play human opponents. If only they would grade on a curve instead of their shitty "sim" stats. We're not going to get a player with 125+ tackles, 10+ pancakes, etc unless we sim our games.

Anyway, the most impactful attributes seem to be potential and age.

Perhaps, but most of my guys have production on par with the real NFL I think. Haynesworth beat his real-world NFL sack total from 2008.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Perhaps, but most of my guys have production on par with the real NFL I think. Haynesworth beat his real-world NFL sack total from 2008.
I'm not saying your guys aren't going to get upgrades. I'm just saying don't expect much from your LBs and perhaps safeties. Haynesworth should get a decent upgrade since he's A, young, and had some sacks.

Top Bottom