• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

I'm not sure if this is the glitch I just experienced in the tournament, but just figured I'd let everyone know not to set your #2 cb to cover the #1 wr cause it will cause the #2 wr to always be wide open. just had that happen to me against wellington in the tourney and boy did he take advantage.

TheCrow

sableholic said:
I'm not sure if this is the glitch I just experienced in the tournament, but just figured I'd let everyone know not to set your #2 cb to cover the #1 wr cause it will cause the #2 wr to always be wide open. just had that happen to me against wellington in the tourney and boy did he take advantage.

:lol I learned this the hard way. I was always wondering why a safety would cover the #2 WR and my other cb is on a TE. :(

Edit: this also happens if you try to assign your #2 CB to cover the #3 WR(slot).

daw840

Bah, he was really keyed up on AP. I don't know what I was thinking tbh, but he was just not doing anything for me on the ground and I tried to put it to the air, and that didn't work either. At least I had a good season and made it a little ways into the playoffs. SB next year!

i see no problem with going for it on 4th and inches from the 41, even if the first quarter. this is something that you basically see every sunday (the 49ers have done it twice this season.... converting both!!)

anyhow, i will be advancing now.... unless there is another game to be played. let me check

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
then the off-season festivities can begin!
10ndfur.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i hate to see that i beat 3 of the 4 people left in the playoffs. Didnt get a shot at the 4th.

Rorschach

CB3 said:
i hate to see that i beat 3 of the 4 people left in the playoffs. Didnt get a shot at the 4th.
Should have beat other people too, not just them! ;b

I hate to see that I was the only shitty team in the playoffs this year. Shit is tough this year! Elite teams ftw!

Next year I better see the 9ers, Rams, or Lions in the SB!

Rorschach said:

I hate to see that I was the only shitty team in the playoffs this year. Shit is tough this year! Elite teams ftw!

hey! i did what i needed to do! i finished in first place even by EA's own admission on their iphone app!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
hey! i did what i needed to do! i finished in first place even by EA's own admission on their iphone app!

are any more matchups finalized in the tournament? I need more one on one time with Sanchez (I was robbed of more than half of the game because of an injury. I had to make due with Kellen Clemens -_-)

CB3 said:
are any more matchups finalized in the tournament? I need more one on one time with Sanchez (I was robbed of more than half of the game because of an injury. I had to make due with Kellen Clemens -_-)

no because your opponents haven't played yet brah!

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:

The Rams and 9ers aren't making the playoffs next season.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
So the Cards have officially taken the torch from the Walrus and are gonna win the division for years to come?

The Cards only won because my batteries died man. Since I'm playing with a wired controller from now on that won't happen again.

Also once I draft Eric Berry and CJ Spiller I will be set for life.

Nightz

BigAT said:
Sorry, I was out last night. What's your availability like for today? I can play pretty much anytime in between now and the 8 PM game.
No worries. I'm not sure about my availability yet. I'm about to head out in a few minutes, and I should be back around the time the early games finish. The girlfriend wants to hang out later though, don't know what time yet. I'll post here when I'm available.

Nightz

GG AT. I got off to a really good start then Madden decided to give my team some brick hands. Some of those drops pissed me off and I started forcing stuff into areas I knew I shouldn't have gone to. Each of those picks I threw, I knew would be intercepted right after I hit the button. Everything went downhill for me after that kick return for a TD that you had. Good job man, congrats and good luck in the Super Bowl.

Now I'm really excited for the offseason. My team will look completely different. ;)

BigAT

gg Nightz, certainly not the prettiest game ever, 8 turnovers between the two teams. I let up a quick 17 points, but thankfully had a HUGE kick return for a TD after I was down 17-0 by Will Blackmon that really gave me some momentum. That was definitely the turning point in the game. My defense was fantastic the rest of the time, only allowing an additional 7 points while forcing 6 turnovers.

MVP of the game might have been Mason Crosby, hitting field goals of 49, 54 and 55 when they really meant something while keeping Felix Jones in check on kick returns.

On to the Superbowl!

P.S. You're a beast controlling Jay Ratliff. He is ridiculously quick for a NT.

daw840

BigAT said:
gg Nightz, certainly not the prettiest game ever, 8 turnovers between the two teams. I let up a quick 17 points, but thankfully had a HUGE kick return for a TD after I was down 17-0 by Will Blackmon that really gave me some momentum. That was definitely the turning point in the game. My defense was fantastic the rest of the time, only allowing an additional 7 points while forcing 6 turnovers.

MVP of the game might have been Mason Crosby, hitting field goals of 49, 54 and 55 when they really meant something while keeping Felix Jones in check on kick returns.

On to the Superbowl!

P.S. You're a beast controlling Jay Ratliff. He is ridiculously quick for a NT.

Well, I'm glad the one who beat me is in the superbowl. It's very consoling. Good Luck AT!! Got to have that NFC Trophy.

God, my fingers actually burned a little while typing that I am rooting for the NFC, blech.

daw840

Can someone please explain how this process works with who we are required to cut? How many players, and of what OVR rating, are we supposed to cut at the end of the season?

daw840 said:
Can someone please explain how this process works with who we are required to cut? How many players, and of what OVR rating, are we supposed to cut at the end of the season?

its in the original post brah:

2 players of 75+
1 player of 80+

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

2 players of 75+
1 player of 80+

I think we should revisit this after we see how progression unfolds. If it's busted and shitty, this should get rethought.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:

2 players of 75+
1 player of 80+

OK. Well, does that count if someone on your team retires? Favre is going to retire, does that count as my 80+? Also, what is the reasoning behind this requirement? Salary cap?

edit: Or lack of salary cap?
Never change EA

LJ11

Smokey, I may not be able to play tonight, something came up. I may be free after 11pm eastern, so if you're still around we may be able to get it in.

daw840 said:
OK. Well, does that count if someone on your team retires? Favre is going to retire, does that count as my 80+? Also, what is the reasoning behind this requirement? Salary cap?

edit: Or lack of salary cap?
Never change EA

no, a retiring player doesn't count.

the thought on it is if everyone gives up 3 players, there will be a pool for everyone else to re-stock on. if you only gave 2 players, that doesn't even out.

the reasoning behind this is no salary cap or player contracts. otherwise our roster would stay identical the entire franchise!

LukeSmith said:
I think we should revisit this after we see how progression unfolds. If it's busted and shitty, this should get rethought.

absolutely. lets see what happens after progression and then i'll confirm what the free agent intentions are

Smokey

LJ11 said:
Smokey, I may not be able to play tonight, something came up. I may be free after 11pm eastern, so if you're still around we may be able to get it in.

alright, just post here if you can go.

LJ11

Good game Smokey.

14-3 going into the second half. I threw a pic near the end of half, had Owens clear the safety and Evans underneath, but hit the B button instead of X and couldn't put up points. Missing that play pissed me off so much, that I went straight to the pass in the 3rd and threw an int inside me own 20 right off the bat. Smokey did a good job confusing me on that play.

I held him to a FG though even though he had 1st and goal from the 2. Made one other shit throw in the 3rd when I thought I had Evans on Jammer, but it was Cromartie.

With all the turnovers, and Lynch carted off early in the 3rd, I still was able to keep the deficit to 17-10 going into the 4th. With about 8 minutes to go I was at mid-field driving, Edwards gets stripped sacked. My memory is hazy, I think I made a stop on D, but on the very next possession Jackson fumbled and they put up 7.

Smokey grabbed one last time int for 6 after he took knees, deserved it, and then Jackson fumbled again when I just needed one play to killed the clock.

I'll get you next year dude.

Smokey

LJ11 said:
Good game Smokey.

14-3 going into the second half. I threw a pic near the end of half, had Owens clear the safety and Evans underneath, but hit the B button instead of X and couldn't put up points. Missing that play pissed me off so much, that I went straight to the pass in the 3rd and threw an int inside me own 20 right off the bat. Smokey did a good job confusing me on that play.

I held him to a FG though even though he had 1st and goal from the 2. Made one other shit throw in the 3rd when I thought I had Evans on Jammer, but it was Cromartie.

With all the turnovers, and Lynch carted off early in the 3rd, I still was able to keep the deficit to 17-10 going into the 4th. With about 8 minutes to go I was at mid-field driving, Edwards gets stripped sacked. My memory is hazy, I think I made a stop on D, but on the very next possession Jackson fumbled and they put up 7.

Smokey grabbed one last time int for 6 after he took knees, deserved it, and then Jackson fumbled again when I just needed one play to killed the clock.

I'll get you next year dude.

Good game LJ!

That game must've been tough for you with the turnovers and all. On top of that Lynch was done for the game with a broken collarbone. It was like the game decided to curse your or something.

For another game the defense stepped up. You were going on some long ass drives, but they managed to hold up for a FG or force a TO. Offensive wise Rivers did what he was supposed to do. 13/19 3 TD's, no picks. Braylon Edwards has been huge for me in the post season too. That was a pretty serious goal line stance you put up on the 2 yard line. I tried to run outside, inside..it didn't matter I was getting stuffed on everything.

GG and look forward to our future rivalry in the AFC!

Now to see if they gang can keep it up for one more game :).

FMT advance!

Top Bottom