• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Nightz

DCX said:
i'm ready to go.

DCX
Sorry man it looks like I'll be in the office for a full workday today. A lot of stuff just came up and people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off right now. I don't know what time I'll be home, so it looks like we might have to play on Sunday as originally planned. :(

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
Sorry man it looks like I'll be in the office for a full workday today. A lot of stuff just came up and people are running around like chickens with their heads cut off right now. I don't know what time I'll be home, so it looks like we might have to play on Sunday as originally planned. :(
ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!! I was hyped up too...ok then. Can you play at all tonight?

DCX

Fifty

FMT, I guess we can shoot for next saturday for the draft? You said a saturday would be best, and waiting two weeks from tomorrow is too long to delay it. I'm sure we'll have finished the season by then, and as long as we're not stuck waiting like idiots for a few people who have gone MIA to input their FA info, we should be able to do it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Favre retired. Warner did not.
jesus_warner.jpg

Striker

Fifty said:
FMT, I guess we can shoot for next saturday for the draft? You said a saturday would be best, and waiting two weeks from tomorrow is too long to delay it. I'm sure we'll have finished the season by then, and as long as we're not stuck waiting like idiots for a few people who have gone MIA to input their FA info, we should be able to do it.
A set-date for the Draft/FA pickings would be the best thing.

My schedule is mostly for evening workhours. Of course, we'll probably have 4-5 PST changes for our league at that time. :'(

Fifty said:

the FA draft or the rookie draft?

rookie draft i seriously doubt. i could see the FA draft being done then, but we can't even begin to choose the players we cut until the season is over and we see progression. i would say there's a 50/50 shot on the FA draft next weekend.

rookie draft probably wont be for a couple weeks

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Man I can't wait to see player progression! I spent most of my workday today compiling my team stats in an Excel spreadsheet. :lol

I already have a good idea of who will retire from my offline Skins franchise, so I know where I will need to draft to fill depth in key spots on offense and defense. But my defense in the GAF league was far better than my offline D, so I don't know what to expect as far as progression of players. If my theories are correct, I will have a defense with all three starting linebackers at 85+ OVR, both starting corners at 86+ (1 perhaps 90+)OVR, a starting free safety at 90+ OVR, and starting strong safety at 80+ OVR. The only weakness I'll have is defensive end, but who cares when I've got Haynesworth. 2000 Ravens ain't got shit on me! :D
I would not expect guys to be able to jump +/- 5 points no matter what kind of a season they had. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I passed to a trio of wideouts, as well. I noticed you did with Smith, Hixon, and Nicks. What... Mario had one grab? I know he's low rated, but damn. Would you be willing to depart Super Mario for a draft pick or a player you would like in return? Surely he can't be that bad. All I'm looking for is a WR to challenge the #4 duties, return game, or depth.

I don't like running 4 WR sets because I like to hold in protection for long passing plays. So if I were in a third and long I definitely want a back or Boss in for additional protection. I like to pass to Bradshaw because he is a matchup problem for most of the LBs in the game due to his speed.

The problem with Mario is the problem with Hixon, they have low catch ratings - one of two ratings I care about with a receiver. In practice games offline he would just drop the ball far too often to play him. The roster updates have fixed him but he would be a liability in the league. In fact, now that I look at it, Barden has a way higher catch rating than I thought he would, I should have used him more this season. I may go with Smith/Nicks/Barden as my starters next year. Barden is also better than Mario, Hixon, and Smith in release, the other stat I care about (Matters less to me than most because of my OL).

That said, let me look over your roster and we'll work something out.

My receiving stat totals for the year overall:

Code:
Name    Rec    Yards    TD    Drop
Smith    52    763       5    6
Nicks    48    741       4    6
Bradshaw 36    380       5    4
Boss     29    410       1    2
Jacobs   26    419       1    0
Hixon    24    368       4    4

As you can see, with less chances Hixon just had too many drops.

And before anyone says shit about my usage of RBs in the passing game (much higher totals than I thought they would be) I go over the middle with my guys for the most part. I'd have a lot more TDs, but I do not value passing in the RZ, I throw too many ints.

Nightz

DCX said:
ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!! I was hyped up too...ok then. Can you play at all tonight?

DCX
I'm always out on Fridays from 6:30 pm PST to around 9:30 or 10. Depending on what time I get off work today and traffic, I may be able to play before I go out...but I can't promise anything. Otherwise I'll be available when I get home tonight, dunno if you'll still be up at that time.

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
I'm always out on Fridays from 6:30 pm PST to around 9:30 or 10. Depending on what time I get off work today and traffic, I may be able to play before I go out...but I can't promise anything. Otherwise I'll be available when I get home tonight, dunno if you'll still be up at that time.
I can play whenever, just let me know when you can and i'll make it.

DCX

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
I'm not saying your guys aren't going to get upgrades. I'm just saying don't expect much from your LBs and perhaps safeties. Haynesworth should get a decent upgrade since he's A, young, and had some sacks.

Actually, Fat Albert turns 30. Most of my other guys are younger.

BigAT

daw840 said:
AT, I am still at work. I don't know how much longer I will be here. Hopefully we can still bang this out tonight.

Alright, it would have to be after the game at this point, and I'm not positive I'll be able to do it then as I'm having a couple of people over.

so it's mostly lbs and safeties that won't get much improvement then? what about wrs? seems the wr statistics are pretty realistic. just trying to figure out if i did enough to improve some of the younger lower rated receivers (henderson & meachem). Also I'm hoping I didn't completely tank my rbs, how important is tds?

Rushing
thomas 569 yards 10 tds
bush 363 yards 7 tds

receiving
thomas 296 yards 3 tds
bush 692 yards 2 tds

overall
thomas 865 yards 13 tds
bush 1055 yards 9 tds

wrs
henderson 935 yards 7 tds
meachem 478 yards 3 tds

Rorschach

sableholic said:
so it's mostly lbs and safeties that won't get much improvement then? what about wrs? seems the wr statistics are pretty realistic. just trying to figure out if i did enough to improve some of the younger lower rated receivers (henderson & meachem). Also I'm hoping I didn't completely tank my rbs, how important is tds?

Rushing
thomas 569 yards 10 tds
bush 363 yards 7 tds

receiving
thomas 296 yards 3 tds
bush 692 yards 2 tds

overall
thomas 865 yards 13 tds
bush 1055 yards 9 tds

wrs
henderson 935 yards 7 tds
meachem 478 yards 3 tds
RBs tend to get a good boost if they had decent production and have ok potential. WRs are... actually, I have no idea what WRs are based on. I had my best receiver get downgraded, worst receiver get an 8 pt upgrade, and mid tier receiver stay the same, but got a speed downgrade. They all have good POT and only one is "old."

I'd say the most screwed positions will be DBs, Special Teams, and OL (if they have sacks).

The most upgraded will be HBs and QBs.

IMO, progression should be quarterly like in last gen.

LJ11

I've a question about the 4-4 D. If you choose to show blitz (Y + Left), the ends move outwards a bit but they don't move out as much as they do in a DL spread. Is it fair game or against the rules?

I know FMT uses this formation, but I'm not sure if he's noticed this quirk. I didn't until today when I was messing around in practice mode, and I've been using it for months. Figured there was no point in showing blitz since it's a single safety look, but I guess they added a different wrinkle to this book. It also aligns the OLB to any slot/flex receiver.

DCX

DCX
gg dude. Madden decided my fate from the begining. My secondary cannot catch the ball..Ryan played like a bum this game, had Roddy White wide open on a streak over throws him 10 yards...fuck this game...good season, gl

DCX

Nightz

GG DCX. Yeah you had some tough breaks man and a couple of those screens you threw were just an inch away from being a long touchdown. I was scared out of my mind on those long drives that you put together. Roddy White and Tony Gonzales are freaking scary man.

You know, when I play with you guys I find myself having cold hands and feeling nervous the entire game, which I never get when I play random people online. It sucks but it's an awesome feeling at the same time. Glad I was able to get into this league. :D

DCX

DCX
Nightz said:
GG DCX. Yeah you had some tough breaks man and a couple of those screens you threw were just an inch away from being a long touchdown. I was scared out of my mind on those long drives that you put together. Roddy White and Tony Gonzales are freaking scary man.

You know, when I play with you guys I find myself having cold hands and feeling nervous the entire game, which I never get when I play random people online. It sucks but it's an awesome feeling at the same time. Glad I was able to get into this league. :D
Don't you love the one where they called me for passing past the line of scrimmage that took away a touchdown to bring me within a TD with the halftime coming :( within the 10 yard line 3rd and like 2 or so thinking 4 down territory loss of down and ten yard penalty..had to settle for a FG, that was it...my CB couldn't jam the receivers

Romo was laying passing in like if he was out there handing the ball off...on a crossing pattern White and Jenkins bump into each other when White was Open, White runs into Turner on a screen where i had like 5 blockers to his two defenders...ugh

28-10 yet it felt like i was more in control than you were lol Must be the big plays. You got huge returns to put you into scoring position. I had a good season, can't help to feel disappointed. Aw well, bring on the tourney.

DCX

Nightz

DCX said:
Don't you love the one where they called me for passing past the line of scrimmage that took away a touchdown to bring me within a TD with the halftime coming :( within the 10 yard line 3rd and like 2 or so thinking 4 down territory loss of down and ten yard penalty..had to settle for a FG, that was it...my CB couldn't jam the receivers

Romo was laying passing in like if he was out there handing the ball off...on a crossing pattern White and Jenkins bump into each other when White was Open, White runs into Turner on a screen where i had like 5 blockers to his two defenders...ugh

28-10 yet it felt like i was more in control than you were lol Must be the big plays. You got huge returns to put you into scoring position. I had a good season, can't help to feel disappointed. Aw well, bring on the tourney.

DCX
Haha yeah I agree, you were in control of the game and the time of possession. My D was letting you run up and down the field, just not into the endzone. Ultimate bend but don't break defense. :lol I got really lucky on those long plays, so I just feel fortunate that I got out of there with a win.

Smokey

Good game Ram.

Defense and special teams won that game for me. LT couldn't do anything until the very end with a touchdown, but beyond that I couldn't get him going even though I kept trying. Was probably one of my worst offensive games of the year.

Defensively though, my boys showed up. They brought big Ben down numerous times, and held firm at the end of your drives giving up only FG's two times.

Sproles was the savior too! His Punt Return and Kickoff return were the difference in the game. Bad offensive game for me, but when that happens you hope you can make it up in other areas and that's what happened. Hell, I only had the ball 9 minutes to your 30:lol

:(

GG

so now I got LJ. All those scrims we had, but didn't get to play during the regular season. Now it's the real deal:D

BigAT

Daw, I'm not going to be able to do tonight. What's your availability like for tomorrow? I'll be up pretty early so I can do whenever during the morning/day.

daw840

BigAT said:
Daw, I'm not going to be able to do tonight. What's your availability like for tomorrow? I'll be up pretty early so I can do whenever during the morning/day.

I have to go to work at 8:00am CST. I may work until 10am or I may work until 10 pm, it all depends on how busy we get tomorrow. I will have access to GAF while at work, so I will let you know.

Rorschach

I think we should start a different thread to include our drafts. Here is the list of trades from our rookie draft:

-------------1st--------------
Denver from Chicago
Seattle from Denver
Oakland from San Francisco from Carolina (JRuss to SF)
Miami from San Diego

-------------2nd--------------
Kansas from Atlanta
New England from Jacksonville
New England from Tennessee

-------------3rd--------------
Oakland from New England
St Louis from Atlanta
Philadelphia from Seattle
Broncos from Philadelphia
Philadelphia from Baltimore
Washington FORFEIT (dunno how this would work lolz)

-------------4th--------------
Denver from New England
Miami from Philadelphia

-------------5th--------------
Cleveland from Tampa
Tampa from New England
Oakland from New England
New England from Denver
Denver from Dallas
Philadelphia from New Orleans
Detroit from Denver
St Louis from Atlanta

-------------6th--------------
Buffalo from Philadelphia
Miami from Washington
Carolina from Oakland
Philadelphia from Indianapolis
Tampa from Loltimore
Philadelphia from San Francisco

-------------7th--------------
New England from Philadelphia
Denver from New England
Miami from Kansas City

Ramirez

My Special Teams just gave up 3 KR's & 1 PR in 2 games, I mean really. Just like last game the opening KR was taken back, sickening really.

I would have at least scored a FG at the end of the half had I not of challenged a two yard running play while trying to get to my depth chart, thus losing me a TO. -_- Ryan Clark dropped the easiest INT of his life, among other things.

I felt I dominated in every facet of the game except the ST's, most of those 30 minutes of possession were spent imposing my will on your D with long drives, Merriman is so overrated in this game, but that's neither here nor there. Love getting sacked before I can hand the ball off AND getting pressured on pretty much every PA even though Mendenhall was shredding you. Fast forward to you doing a PA with maybe 20 yards rushing total at the time in the 3rd, everyone bites and Edwards takes it to the house. Oh well.

Next year will be different, I won't have to worry about stone hands Sweed dropping everything I throw to him. Hopefully Mike Wallace gets a decent boost, but I doubt it...

Rorschach said:
I think we should start a different thread to include our drafts. Here is the list of trades from our rookie draft:

I also have a 4th rounder from the Eagles for that Jason Taylor trade

hey FMT I'll give you my 2 first rounders and 3 futures for
jack english

daw840

AT, I am home. If we are going to play we need to do it like right now. The wife is making me go to the damn pumpkin patch today, so if we don't start now it will have to be later this afternoon.

ph33nix said:

jack english

you wish bro. English 1-A is in session boyeeeeeee!

p.s. rors on that 6th rounder i actually owe it to philly, not vice versa :/

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you wish bro. English 1-A is in session boyeeeeeee!

p.s. rors on that 6th rounder i actually owe it to philly, not vice versa :/
:lol That's what I had at first. I changed it because I thought it was for Spikes or something. :p

ph33nix said:

jack english
Told you guys to post them. :|

LiveWire said:
Wait what?
They gave it up in the supplemental. I'm not sure if we enforce it.

daw840

Well Big, that came was garbage. Fucking Madden just wouldn't let me win. I saw at least 5 additional picks that should have been snatched. Your defensemen knew where AP was running every time.

And WTF at going for it on 4th down on your opening drive? That was fucking BS man.

BigAT

daw840 said:
Well Big, that came was garbage. Fucking Madden just wouldn't let me win. I saw at least 5 additional picks that should have been snatched. Your defensemen knew where AP was running every time.

And WTF at going for it on 4th down on your opening drive? That was fucking BS man.

Your guys did have quite a few dropped potential picks, but that happens sometimes. I was keying in on AP a fair amount of time, because of how badly you've burned me with him in the past, so I was determined to stop him.

As far as the fourth down attempt, besides being allowed under the rules, I had absolutely no problem with it. It was 4th and inches from your 41, so my options there are to attempt a 58 yard kick that probably gets taken back to the house if I'm short, or attempt a punt where I'm lucky to move it 20 yards maybe, if Harvin doesn't return it for a big one which he's done against me in the past. It only resulted in a field goal attempt eventually anyway.

TheCrow

Wellington said:
4 yards on the ground for AP is ridiculous. Bravo AT.

I would think having AP would mean running the ball a little more than 8 times. But what do I know, I didn't even have a winning season. :lol

Top Bottom