• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

i didn't exit out early! i looked at all the stats for a couple mins then went out.

its weird because it recorded all my defensive player stats and if you look it has all my guys with "1 game played, 1 game started".

so there's that..... does sables script not show the stats either? :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hmmm he had 10 thru 3 quarters and is driving in the 4th and you were up 18, I would think you would have won, but crazy shit happens.

If that was me, I would have given you the W Lone :\

Well the reason I didn't feel out of it is because I had made big plays on you that were nearly TDs (INT, fumble return) and I thought my passing game was starting to click, so if I had scored then, I felt like I had plenty of time in the fourth to at least attempt a comeback. I guess I just feel this way cause I didn't feel so much like the score really reflected much of the game since we both got retarded penalties and TOs.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i didn't exit out early! i looked at all the stats for a couple mins then went out.

its weird because it recorded all my defensive player stats and if you look it has all my guys with "1 game played, 1 game started".

so there's that..... does sables script not show the stats either? :(
Sable's script will show it, I think, but that doesn't count towards progression.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wish I had lost connection with FMT..... stupid fumbles!

I really need to get rid of LJ.

but didn't LJ recover that last fumble caused? or did he fumble that time too? changed the entire game.

and for being a "lockdown" corner, nate clements sure sucks balls. whiffed on a few attempts and COMPLETELY ignored that long pass early resulting in a 1st and goal at the 5 for you

i also had about 5 NEAR sacks!

p.s. at least i get the credit for games started! i know that goes into progression. not like im going to drop drastically from 1 missed game stub. and what is the correct process to get the stats recorded? i looked at the game stats, went to quit. and then quit. what should i have done? :(

Rorschach

This rookie the cpu picked for me is shit.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but didn't LJ recover that last fumble caused? or did he fumble that time too? changed the entire game.

and for being a "lockdown" corner, nate clements sure sucks balls. whiffed on a few attempts and COMPLETELY ignored that long pass early resulting in a 1st and goal at the 5 for you

i also had about 5 NEAR sacks!

p.s. at least i get the credit for games started! i know that goes into progression. not like im going to drop drastically from 1 missed game stub. and what is the correct process to get the stats recorded? i looked at the game stats, went to quit. and then quit. what should i have done? :(
Ian fixed the stats for some dudes, but in his own league. :p They're gone. Mine were last year too.

Speaking of starts, make the cuts I requested so Winnington can start!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ph33nix said:
Well the reason I didn't feel out of it is because I had made big plays on you that were nearly TDs (INT, fumble return) and I thought my passing game was starting to click, so if I had scored then, I felt like I had plenty of time in the fourth to at least attempt a comeback. I guess I just feel this way cause I didn't feel so much like the score really reflected much of the game since we both got retarded penalties and TOs.

Well, you had the long pass that hung up in the air, and I attempted to defend it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And that pass right as the disconnect happened...well, I would have challenged the in bounds on that....if I hadn't wasted it on that Fumble challenge I knew would have 0 chance :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i hope no one Mr. Bob's us till saturday. Im already amped for Week 2. I think its against the Packers. HUGE game

Rorschach said:
This rookie the cpu picked for me is shit.

Ian fixed the stats for some dudes, but in his own league. :p They're gone. Mine were last year too.

Speaking of starts, make the cuts I requested so Winnington can start!

i would like to but everytime i go to the website it says "Server not available. try again later"

i've tried off and on for the past 20 mins

Lonestar said:
Well, you had the long pass that hung up in the air, and I attempted to defend it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And that pass right as the disconnect happened...well, I would have challenged the in bounds on that....if I hadn't wasted it on that Fumble challenge I knew would have 0 chance :lol

i couldn't tell either i was just screaming at him to catch the fucking ball. i was already so pissed earlier at all the missed tackles and that fumble (which was later made up by yours)

Fifty

Pheeniks and Lone should play one quarter and if Pheeniks doesn't score 18 in that quarter, Lone gets to play the CPU for what should be an auto win. Got a better idea? You shouldn't have to replay the first game of the season, that's not fair to Lone, who was up 3 scores with only a quarter to go

Meanwhile, in my game, Mr. Glass scored 2 long TDs and had over 100 yards to be my MVP. DM laughed the hardest at my pick, but Glass showed him, by breaking tackles and..not getting hurt!

GG

Also, I've code named my offense "Cerberus", because I plan on using all 3 of Rice, Glass and McGahee in every game. The 3 headed monster! And my 94 rated FB, Mc'Clain, is the tail, or something.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but didn't LJ recover that last fumble caused? or did he fumble that time too? changed the entire game.(

My fb Cox fumbled my first one on your 5 yard line after I got a first down and he decided he wanted extra yardage and it backfired. LJ fumbled the next one in your redzone, not sure the exact spot, but it was around where Cox did.

The 3rd time I fumbled on your 5 yard line and actually won the stupid ass fumble mini game to get the ball back.

In the 4 games I played using the Chiefs to end last years season, I think I fumbled only once out of all 4 games.

Fifty said:
Pheeniks and Lone should play one quarter and if Pheeniks doesn't score 18 in that quarter, Lone gets to play the CPU for what should be an auto win. Got a better idea? You shouldn't have to replay the first game of the season, that's not fair to Lone, who was up 3 scores with only a quarter to go

I'd be fine with that

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Meanwhile, in my game, Mr. Glass scored 2 long TDs and had over 100 yards to be my MVP. DM laughed the hardest at my pick, but Glass showed him, by breaking tackles and..not getting hurt!

GG

It wasn't just the broken tackles, it was the fact he doesn't slow down after them. He'd get hit, break, and just go back to his max speed. I'm like "Ok, when does the 31 injury rating factor in....or his 66 stamina?...never?...ok." :\

And then right after his 1st TD, I drive down to FG range and fumble, which is returned for a TD. It's like getting bunched in the face, and then turned around to get kicked in the ass immediately after.

At least I know JFree is now officially a Sling and Slanger, brought me back into the game to tie it 24-24 after I thought I was dead.

21-31
268 Yards
3 TDs
0 INTs

<3 My 2nd year QB

excellent idea fifty. you down for that lonestar?

lol @ mrglass. in my game against matrix i thought english was going to get hurt. i scrambled for a couple yards and couldn't hit slide fast enough and derrick johnson fucking destroyed english and it looked like he was going to be slow to get up but he's a warrior.... stayed in the game!

also, i cant wait till the patch hits. flats covering, better man to man, yeah yeah thats all cool. but the best part is that they are adjusting the qb's getting hit while throwing and what should be a sack and a "bad pass". so we should start seeing more sacks in the coming weeks!

Matrix

Whats with all the fumbles tonight? All the bad teams are getting screwed over even extra :lol

Yea English should have died from that hit or at least coughed up the ball.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bluemax said:
MrBob is already holding out until Wednesday! :p

I can deal with Wednesday. Thursday is pushing it. If it gets to friday im protesting (
not entirely sure what i would be protesting
)!

DSkillz had a back breaking fumble in the Redzone. it wasnt even a big hit (I wasnt even sure it should have been a fumble). Madden is putting it on these bad teams

Matrix

CB3 said:
I can deal with Wednesday. Thursday is pushing it. If it gets to friday im protesting (
not entirely sure what i would be protesting
)!

Protesting against this....
couch-potato.jpg

Lonestar

Yeah, I can be fine with that. I'd say whoever wins the coin first, Pheeniks gets the ball first, since it ended with him having it.

I can also use a TO when 2 minutes "warning" comes around.

Wanna try sometime tomorrow? I'll be home by around 6 pm CST.

Man, I want to see some of those returns by J. Bellows.

I also want to change his name, because I don't know his first name beyond J, and Bellows isn't badass enough for him.

How about.....Ivan Starrkiller

Fifty

Lonestar said:
I also want to change his name, because I don't know his first name beyond J, and Bellows isn't badass enough for him.

I don't know if the depth chart/player management has it..I'd assume it does. I just went to the website, and it's Jamarion. You really should get to know your players. And of course, his age is 41..because the stupid website adds 17 years to the rookie's ages :lol

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i would like to but everytime i go to the website it says "Server not available. try again later"

i've tried off and on for the past 20 mins
What do you have against the 360?

Also, delete your cookies.

bluemax

Banned
Oh man been messing around in practice mode with LeRon James and when he gets out in the open he's gone. So fast it's ridiculous.

Also random weird note I noticed, in online franchise you can have multiple guys with the same number! I had several players that I acquired as FAs with the same number as guys who were already on my team.

Does anyone know how to move players off Injured reserve offline? I want to get a guy on my Seahawks roster for practice mode but he's on the Skins injured reserve.

Striker

You should be able to select injuries off for pre-existing.

The numbers thing bugs me, which is why I select a new one for my players once they join.

ill have to take a look at the stats script, not sure its working correctly anymore.

DCX said:
Sable!! Can we play tonight?

DCX

Sorry went to bed right after setting my depth chart and such, maybe tonight?

Lonestar said:
Yeah, I can be fine with that. I'd say whoever wins the coin first, Pheeniks gets the ball first, since it ended with him having it.

I can also use a TO when 2 minutes "warning" comes around.

Wanna try sometime tomorrow? I'll be home by around 6 pm CST.

Man, I want to see some of those returns by J. Bellows.

yeah I can do it around then just message me on aim

so in 10 minutes I need a field goal, 2 TDs, one of which has to be a 2 point conversion

I better get some of the big plays that I anticipated having :lol

and how will onside kicking work anyways, what if I'm in a situation where I have to?

ph33nix said:
pat white's your quarterback now?

I'm so sorry man :lol

nah it looks like for the game stats they just reuse the same url every season and they don't have a way to specify the season on that url (they do on others though... very helpful ea), so I'll have to update the script and add some checks to make sure its the right season. That's why it lists some teams as having played two games.

The player stats on the other hand I believe do use the season number, so that might be why the player stats are wrong? Again I'll have to take a look.

Somnia

So finally turned on the ole madden league app this morning and I see the computer drafted almost all oline men for me. One was an improvement at least but also drafted me a 75 ovr RB so now I have a 88, 85, 75+ and a 75 RB combo :lol

So....I do have a starting 79 ovr RG and maybe a RB so send PMs. Which I'll check after my flight and stuff.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
ill have to take a look at the stats script, not sure its working correctly anymore.

Sorry went to bed right after setting my depth chart and such, maybe tonight?
Tonight will be fine, i would love for it to be before the Monday Night game...say seven ish. EST time of course

DCX

DCX said:
Tonight will be fine, i would love for it to be before the Monday Night game...say seven ish. EST time of course

DCX

any chance you could do earlier than that? maybe 5:30-6ish? I should have put my availability tonight is probably around 4:30-6ish for start times. Otherwise we might not be able to do it tonight, we'll see.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
any chance you could do earlier than that? maybe 5:30-6ish? I should have put my availability tonight is probably around 4:30-6ish for start times. Otherwise we might not be able to do it tonight, we'll see.
I could do that...let me know closer to the time.

DCX

Lonestar

ph33nix said:
yeah I can do it around then just message me on aim

so in 10 minutes I need a field goal, 2 TDs, one of which has to be a 2 point conversion

I better get some of the big plays that I anticipated having :lol

and how will onside kicking work anyways, what if I'm in a situation where I have to?

1. You have to do all that, and keep me from scoring. You have to at least beat me by 19 points. Not sure what to do if the quater ends at "even" OT? Better serve to start another game, let you coin flip, and see who scores first?

2. I assume Onside as you would normally do in the 4th quarter, if a comeback is possible. Are you going to onside every time, even early in the "4th"?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Nightz said:
Denog, since you're still waiting for your FA's to be cut, do you want to get our game in tomorrow?
I think tonight (Monday) may be tough. I think Tuesday may work better for me. I will let you know later today after 6EST if I will have time to go tonight.

LiveWire

Fifty said:
I don't know if the depth chart/player management has it..I'd assume it does. I just went to the website, and it's Jamarion. You really should get to know your players. And of course, his age is 41..because the stupid website adds 17 years to the rookie's ages:lol

I noticed that too....watch Madden make our 1st year QBs retire next offseason because of age. Thanks EA! Great beta-testing!

LiveWire

storybook77 said:
Livewire, I'll be available this evening from about 5 to 7. Otherwise, we will have to do it tomorrow night.

Works perfect for me. Just have to get Chester Taylor on my roster and see if there's a non FA-draft kicker left over (Suisham, welcome back you shitty motherfucker!) and I'll be good to go.

I'll aim to be home by 5:30-5:45 to get started.

daw840

Sorry about last night guys. I ate dinner and then ended up falling asleep on the couch. I meant to cut my players and sign my FAs last night, but it didn't happen. LOL.

To whomever I play this week. I get off work everyday at 5:00pm CST. Let me know when the best time is for you.

BigAT

daw840 said:
Sorry about last night guys. I ate dinner and then ended up falling asleep on the couch. I meant to cut my players and sign my FAs last night, but it didn't happen. LOL.

To whomever I play this week. I get off work everyday at 5:00pm CST. Let me know when the best time is for you.

Hi.

I think I should be around when you get home if you want to do it then.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've been meaning to do a breakdown of individual attributes for each position. I noticed a lot of very weird picks in the draft last night where the OVR of a player had them ranked higher than another player at the same position that would likely perform better. I wasn't too interested in any of this until the second half of the season when I let my personnel better dictate the O and D that I ran.

Big time special thanks to LJ for cluing me in on some of these.

Speed - No explanation needed. The top speed at which a player runs.

Acceleration - How quickly a player will be able to reach their top speed from a dead stop, a change of direction, or a juke/truck. Useful for HBs, WRs, CBs, S, and LB who often have to change direction.

Strength - This is a weird one because it factors in to a lot of positions for many different things. Strength for a ball carrier is part of the tackle breaking equation, for the guys running free without the ball it helps determine how strongly they can block on offense, and how well they get off of blocks on defense. So for an OLineman for example, if a 99 STR tackle went up against a 70 STR end, the tackle has a much better chance of being able to anchor the block. This attribute looks like it's in the process of being phased out considering the other ratings available - Trucking, Runblock Strength, Passblock Strength, Power Moves, Block Shedding, and Hit Power

Agility - How quickly a player can change direction. This effects mostly HBs, WRs running routes (part of the calculation anyway) and CBs covering the receivers. This rating also affects the speed of which spins, jukes, etc are pulled off.

Awareness - I think AWR is fairly useless but from the mouth of Ian:

I think you just made a lot of football fans extremely happy, Donny. OK now that I have the chance I'm going to take it. For the love of Pete, what does Awareness do? Please—someone--explain this mystery attribute to me and if it's important for every position.

Ian: Great question. In order to answer this best, I just did a full search in the code for the rating. Here are the areas in which AWR is used:

-How quickly a defender can realize the ball is in the air to try and make a play
-Chance to jump offsides or false start
-Whether a defender tries to scoop-n-score or falls on a fumble in the correct situations
-How quickly receivers get into “get open” mode after a route (and where they go)
-Chance the WR recognizes the coverage & picks the “correct” option on an option route
-How quickly OL can recognize and pick up new blitzing defenders
-Chance for QB to predict a blitz and assign a hot route
-When a QB will choose to tuck and run (scramble) if nothing is open
-Chance a defender will try to strip the ball on a ballcarrier with bad carrying ratings
-Chance a defender will attempt to get his hands up to tip a ball while engaged

There are quite a few more (mostly assigned to penalty chances), but this seemed like enough to give the general example of what it does. As you know, over the last few years we’ve added more ratings to handle the specific situations that occur most often – ratings like man coverage, zone coverage, press, release, etc. We did this so that we wouldn’t have one rating (like Awareness) that dictated so many aspects of gameplay.

Source

Seems like it covers a lot of the "intangibles" of the game. I totally ignore it though.

Catching - The ability of a player to catch and hold onto the ball.

Carrying - The ability of a player to *not* fumble.

Throwing Power - How far a QB can throw a deep ball and how much zip can be put on the short line drive passes.

Throwing Accuracy - I think this rating has been over taking by the individual distance ratings.

Throwing Accuracy Short/Med/Deep - I am pretty sure that the breakdown is 1-10, 10-20, 20+ as far as the yardage goes. Obviously how accurate the QB will be at those distances.

Play Action - The ability of the QB to "sell" the play action. This works in conjunction with PRC to determine how hard the defense "bites" on the PA.

Throw on Run - Prevalent while the QB is on the move and it becomes part of the equation with the throwing accuracy ratings. Aside from guys like McNabb, Vick, Little Ben, it's highly recommended not to throw on the run. :lol

Kick Power - The distance that a kicker can achieve with his kicks

Kick Accuracy - Self explanatory

Run Block - Along with Pass Block, this rating looks like it's being replaced by other individual ratings. It likely still factors in on the equation for run blocks.

Pass Block - Same as above, just for pass blocking

Tackle - The ability of a defender to bring down the ball carrier. This rating directly opposes the ball carriers Trucking, Elusiveness, Stiff Arm, Spin Move, and Juke Move.

Jumping - Height of the vertical jump.

Return - I have no fucking clue why this rating is in the game

Injury - The likelihood of your player going down with an injury.

Stamina - How quickly your player will get "winded" and will need to sit out a few plays. Keep in mind that there are multipliers that affect other ratings when a player is tired.

Toughness - Once a player is injured, this rating effects the severity of the injury.

Trucking - The ability of a player to break tackles by running through or over defenders. Tied in with Strength. This is a replacement for last year's Break Tackle (BTK) rating. It also determines the window in which a person controlling the ball carrier has to do the "trucking" move.

Elusiveness - The ability of a player to break tackles by making the defender miss. Tied in with agility. This is a replacement for last year's Break Tackle (BTK) rating. It also determines the window in which a person controlling the ball carrier has to do the "elusive" move.

Ball Carrier Vision - No idea what this does either, as you control the ball carriers.

Stiff Arm - How effective stiff arms are with your ball carrier. Tied in with strength.

Spin Move - How effective the Spin Move is with your ball carrier. Tied in with agility.

Juke Move - How effective the Juke Move is with your ball carrier. Tied in with agility.

Impact Blocking - The potential of a blocker to get a pancake, this includes on returns, turnovers, etc.

Runblock/Passblock Strength - This directly opposes Power Move for defenders. The ability of a blocker to withstand bullrushes and other power moves in running/passing situations. Also affects being able to lockdown a defender with a block.

Runblock/Passblock footwork - This directly opposes Finesse Moves for defenders. It's the ability of a blocker to withstand spins/shoulder dips and other finesse moves of defenders. Also affects "pushing" a defender and making him lose his balance

Power Moves - The ability of a defender to power through a blocker. Tied in with strength.

Finesse Moves - The ability of a defender to work his way around a blocker. Tied in with speed and agility.

Block Shedding - The ability of a defender to get out of a block in the open field. Directly opposed to strength for a blocker.

Pursuit - The angle a defender takes to get to a ball carrier. This INCLUDES how effective a blitzer is.

Play Recognition - Awareness for the defender. Particularly important for LBs and safeties in regards to play action.

Man Coverage - How well a defender can man up on a receiver. This is directly opposed to route running, and why some DBs seem to know the routes better than the receivers.

Zone Coverage - How well a defender reacts to threats running through their zone, and the ball coming their way.

Spectacular Catch - I do not know how this is separate from CIT.

Catch in Traffic - As far as I can tell, the ability to go up and get the ball with a defender in close proximity. Also, it is part of the equation on whether or not a ball is caught when a defender tackles the receiver right after the catch.

Route Running - I've seen weird things that I can attribute to this one - 1) how well a receiver will work through routes with moves/multiple moves. 2) How well a receiver will break out of a route to catch a pass (an in route that you throw hot and it turns into a streak rather than going over the player's head, for example) 3) The ability to "get open" from a defender that has low MCV.

Hit Power - The strength of a tackle. Directly opposed to the injury and carry ratings of the ball carrier.

Press - The ability of a defender to press at the LOS.

Release - The ability of a receiver to break away from a press at the LOS.

------------------

I hope this helps. I can break down what I specifically look for in certain positions if necessary.

Ramirez

I'm liking how my schedule looks aside from this opening week. :lol

I should be able to play tonight LJ. My draft ended up being pretty uneventful, all of the CBs I was looking at got scooped up. :(

Top Bottom