• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

BigAT

daw840 said:
So, WTF do we do now?

I am playing BigAT. There is only 5 minutes left in the game, I am up by 8 points, and now he has disconnected.

Ugh, my 360 completely froze on me and locked up. I've had great luck with my unit so far, that has never happened.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to play again right now with the World Series starting shortly.

daw840

BigAT said:
Ugh, my 360 completely froze on me and locked up. I've had great luck with my unit so far, that has never happened.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to play again right now with the World Series starting shortly.

FUCK ME>

I was having an AMAZING second half. I could still run it out against the CPU.......

BigAT

There's no way you should get to finish out against the CPU, if that is even a question. It's only 8 points, with 5+ minutes left and I was driving pretty well with the ball when my 360 froze.

The parameters we discussed were WELL beyond the situation our game was in. It's a shitty situation for sure, but it's definitely not a scenario where you should get to finish it out against the CPU.

daw840

BigAT said:
There's no way you should get to finish out against the CPU, if that is even a question. It's only 8 points, with 5+ minutes left and I was driving pretty well with the ball when my 360 froze.

I was kidding.

Did you install it to your HD?

edit: C'mon man. Just miss the first part of the world series. Who really cares anyways. All the WS is anyways is just who can beat the Yankees this year.

BigAT

daw840 said:
I was kidding.

Did you install it to your HD?

Yeah, I've had it installed on there for a while. My 360 just completely froze and was stuck there with me walking up to the center waiting to snap it.

BigAT

daw840 said:
You know you want to skip the first part of the WS......RIGHT!?!

I might normally, but people are already showing up at my place to watch it, so that's a no-go unfortunately. :-\

Can someone give me some tips on how to run effectively with Slaton on the Texans or in general.........and how to get more interceptions manually or whatever?

BigAT

daw840 said:
Shit.

Alright. Same time tomorrow work?

Sounds good.

I'll have to work on kicking out of bounds between now and then, Harvin is going to ruin a lot of people's worlds this year.

Well, that was a nice, gutsy fake punt in your territory on 4th down Lonestar. Congratulations on having that gamble pay off.

daw840

BigAT said:
Sounds good.

I'll have to work on kicking out of bounds between now and then, Harvin is going to ruin a lot of people's worlds this year.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He is a 99 rated punt and kick returner :)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
uuuughh, that retry was the reverse of what I wanted. His QB, who in the 1st game, was so so to average. I don't think he missed a pass, including a 73 yarder to ginn. Me on the other hand, was pretty doomed. A 3 and out on the 1st time, and a desperation play on my part, faking a punt from 4 yards out. Basically...I was going to lose. Nothing I threw at him coverage wise, mattered. His WR's were going to catch that shit. The QB even took a full on shot by Burgess being controlled by me, just escapes out of it...

All I know is the rest of the league better have Camarillo, Ginn, and Bess on notice!

AND KELLY FUCKING JAMES, I've seen what he can do now.

Lonestar

Really, you might not have to run very much anymore. Passing Team HOoooooooooooo!!!

Did you want me to finish against the CPU? Gotta leave the league for a bit.

Lonestar

BigJonsson said:
You aren't missing McAllister are you?

More like the Mythical CB I wanted in the 2nd ;)

Of which, it'd probably wouldn't be better than 5th string on me now anyway :(

Yeah, my DB's aren't great. But Ellis Hobbs I think might be a little better than McAlister.

Lonestar said:
Really, you might not have to run very much anymore. Passing Team HOoooooooooooo!!!

Did you want me to finish against the CPU? Gotta leave the league for a bit.

Yeah just do that.

By the way...I know you gambled there and I respect that but you aren't supposed to go for it on 4th in your territory when you're up. It's just the rules. I don't wanna be a bitch but I think if I did that on you you'd not be happy....

I don't want to cause shit and I'm glad you were considerate enough to let this 'replay' happen and all but just be wary of this rule.

Lonestar

ph33nix said:
Yeah just do that.

By the way...I know you gambled there and I respect that but you aren't supposed to go for it on 4th in your territory when you're up. It's just the rules. I don't wanna be a bitch but I think if I did that on you you'd not be happy....

I don't want to cause shit and I'm glad you were considerate enough to let this 'replay' happen and all but just be wary of this rule.

You just scored 15 points in 6 minutes. I didn't line up and run a regular play, I ran with a FB and barely got over. It was either going to be win or concede. Cause the game was playing differently than last night, like a complete 180.

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
I can probably take my beating tonight around 10:30 EST, stuff is always in flux with when I'm going to leave for the night, so I'll post in the thread (or PM) when I know for sure.

Actually, it'll probably have to be a little later for me tonight. We're going to see my grandfather in the hospital (luckily it's nothing too serious), and we probably won't be home until around 11-11:30 est.

Ramirez

Things I want for Madden 11...

-Less broken tackles
-Defenders that can actually catch INTs that hit them right in the hands

kthx.

I hope I put Lynch out for the season, I have never seen so much overrated nonsense in like 5 minutes of league play. :lol

Oh well, figured I would lose, but to see so many broken tackles and dropped INTs is really disheartening.

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:
Actually, it'll probably have to be a little later for me tonight. We're going to see my grandfather in the hospital (luckily it's nothing too serious), and we probably won't be home until around 11-11:30 est.

That's probably better for me, I'll check the thread later on - take your time, brother

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
I want to be able to add to gang tackles instead of just hovering around the group. Let me hitstick or make a grab for the ball!

Yea, the whole tackling system needs to be completely redone. 2K's gang tackling is still more realistic than a preset animation of 12 players just getting together for a group hug.

I've also seen players be on their way to the ground, then somehow magically stand back up, breaking the laws of gravity more times than I wish to admit this year.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
Yea, the whole tackling system needs to be completely redone. 2K's gang tackling is still more realistic than a preset animation of 12 players just getting together for a group hug.

I've also seen players be on their way to the ground, then somehow magically stand back up, breaking the laws of gravity more times than I wish to admit this year.
They're all just wearing Michael's Smooth Criminal shoes!

45-pdf.gif

DMczaf

They just redid the tackling engine this year, and now you want them to redo it again?

How about they just tune it instead? :p

LJ11

Honestly, I didn't even break that many with Lynch, it was Jackson who was slipping around. You were trying to kill everyone that crossed the line of scrimmage with the hit stick, and it worked because at one point I had Lynch, Jackson, and Evans all out of the game. Also fumbled on 3 successive possessions, the third was overruled. The hit stick is a double edged sword.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia if you're up for the game tomorrow I'll be around all week anyway. If not no biggie I am trying to tone down my social life a bit... fucking expensive. :lol

In 2K, it was YYYYY. In Madden, it's Right Stick Up, Right Stick Up, Right Stick Up, Right Stick Up, Right Stick Up

2k it was charge, Y, charge, Y, charge, Y.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
In 2K, it was YYYYY. In Madden, it's Right Stick Up, Right Stick Up, Right Stick Up, Right Stick Up, Right Stick Up. :lol
Only if you have overrated Portis. Some of us work for our runs. :\

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The superman diving tackles were so awesome (especially in 2K1 when they were even more juiced). I once filled in for a guy in a league and kept his opponent out of the playoffs on the last play of the last game by diving forward five-yards to tackle him at the 1. One of my sweetest online sports moments to this day.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
There are other ways to tackle besides hitstick?

Yeah, just run to the ball carrier, he initiates the tackle and it's a much surer tackle. I rarely use the stick because my timing is shitty and players bounce off my tacklers like a pinball when I do use it.

It would be better if the hitstick was changed to some type of tackle stick.

ph33nix said:
Well, that was a nice, gutsy fake punt in your territory on 4th down Lonestar. Congratulations on having that gamble pay off.

Isn't that against the rules? Pretty sure it is, 4th down your own territory up by 3, don't think any nfl coach would go for that.

Edit: I see this was already discussed, but I'm still curious.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Yeah, just run to the ball carrier, he initiates the tackle and it's a much surer tackle. I rarely use the stick because my timing is shitty and players bounce off my tacklers like a pinball when I do use it.

It would be better if the hitstick was changed to some type of tackle stick.
:lol I was joking, but thanks.

hit sticking is definitely a double edged sword. i have caused many a-fumble with the hit stick, but i have also blown plenty of plays because of it.

also, looks like i'll be all alone in first place after week 1 unless bluemax mans up and wins. show some pride NFC westers!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hit sticking is definitely a double edged sword. i have caused many a-fumble with the hit stick, but i have also blown plenty of plays because of it.

also, looks like i'll be all alone in first place after week 1 unless bluemax mans up and wins. show some pride NFC westers!
Don't worry, NFCWest, Jack English is going down next week. Hard.

Rorschach said:
Don't worry, NFCWest, Jack English is going down next week. Hard.

yes, down in the endzone for his first career rushing TD. i'm calling it now, english with the 158.3 rating for the 2nd straight week AND a rushing TD to boot!

delhomme.... well, if he makes it to the end of the game.... will finish with a negative rating somehow.

all of your karma went out the window when you turned your back on jbust. now he's rotting away in minnesota throwing passes to the flats "all day".

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes, down in the endzone for his first career rushing TD. i'm calling it now, english with the 158.3 rating for the 2nd straight week AND a rushing TD to boot!

delhomme.... well, if he makes it to the end of the game.... will finish with a negative rating somehow.

all of your karma went out the window when you turned your back on jbust. now he's rotting away in minnesota throwing passes to the flats "all day".
Jack English is a stinkin' red coat. Delhomme is an All-American good ol' boy.

iwno7o.jpg
vs
141se40.jpg

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lets compare qb ratings.

jack english: 158.3
kelly james: i have no idea, but it's not better than that!

kelly james was definitely higher in that first quarter replay against lonestar, i can tell you that :lol

YOU get a quarterback to get ted ginn 101 yards on 2 catches! jack english couldn't do that!

ph33nix said:
kelly james was definitely higher in that first quarter replay against lonestar, i can tell you that :lol

YOU get a quarterback to get ted ginn 101 yards on 2 catches! jack english couldn't do that!

by that token, jamarcus russell is a great qb in the game because he had good success with Derrius "the garbage man" Heyward-Bey

Rorschach

ph33nix said:

Told you Ginn was a threat. Trade me that tackle.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
by that token, jamarcus russell is a great qb in the game because he had good success with Derrius "the garbage man" Heyward-Bey
He is!

Top Bottom