• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Awareness is the one think Ivan Starrkiller is lacking in (45).

But most importantly, beyond all the speed, agility and catching ability....it's the 98 Injury Rating that can be key.

Please PLEASE don't get injured, the same way Mortal Men are injured, Crazy Ivan!

Lonestar said:
Awareness is the one think Ivan Starrkiller is lacking in (45).

But most importantly, beyond all the speed, agility and catching ability....it's the 98 Injury Rating that can be key.

Please PLEASE don't get injured, the same way Mortal Men are injured, Crazy Ivan!

the higher the injury rating the better...

Fifty

Uh, no, Sable is lying. Lone, trade me that guy and his horrible 98 injury rating and I'll give you my RB with his awesome 31 injury rating!

Lonestar

Fifty said:
Uh, no, Sable is lying. Lone, trade me that guy and his horrible 98 injury rating and I'll give you my RB with his awesome 31 injury rating!

ejtsi9.gif

Nightz

DenogginizerOS said:
I think tonight (Monday) may be tough. I think Tuesday may work better for me. I will let you know later today after 6EST if I will have time to go tonight.
Alrighty. I get home from work around 5 pm PST, so anytime after that is good for me. Same thing goes for tomorrow.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18316016&postcount=8198

It's fitting that since you like breaking Madden down into a science, Wellie, that the one intangible attribute (Awareness) is the one you don't believe in. :lol

Great, I pushed the post you put all that effort into to the last page. Maybe you should re-post it in the draft thread.
It's cool. In a round about way I was just letting everyone in on some of the important factors that determine matchup battles.

That said, I did some things during the draft and FA that will hopefully allow me to take advantage of some of the player ratings situationally.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
It's cool. In a round about way I was just letting everyone in on some of the important factors that determine matchup battles.

That said, I did some things during the draft and FA that will hopefully allow me to take advantage of some of the player ratings situationally.

When I built my draft board for later round players I went after guys with high ratings at what I figured were skills important to their position. IE I grabbed a CB with high Man and Zone coverage that will at best see the field in dime situations. Or the WR I got who had high speed, agi and acc but awful awareness making him at least a good special teams guy.

I'm actually gonna futz around with them in the character creator and see how much their low awareness ratings affected their overall ratings.

Lonestar

Sadly, the game fixed it right after taking this picture, but for one, shinning moment, I had 2 Timmy Tribow's

1101092208.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:

Yeah, it would be nice if you could export ratings from the web site to do in-depth research.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
daw840 said:
Madden 2015. BELIEVE.

:lol

85-90% of the players wouldn't use it so it probably will never be in.

I fine tuned my depth charts today using the iPhone app. I am happy for the most part with the improvements I made to the team. Still have a season or two to get things where I need them.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
When you move a dude out of position, say a SS to OLB, I know the rating on the depth chart drops, but that's only because it uses different stats to calculate at each position right? There's not an actual decrease in the player's ability is there?

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
Bluemax are you actually gonna start Campbell or are you still running Hasselbeck?

I'm still starting Hasslebeck but Campbell will get some snaps. I played around with Campbell in practice mode, he seems to have a tendency to just completely uncork one every so many passes.

Aside from his accuracy ratings he's better than Hasslebeck in a lot of categories. Certainly a lot more mobile. I have more faith in him than noodle armed Senecca Wallace.

AstroLad said:
When you move a dude out of position, say a SS to OLB, I know the rating on the depth chart drops, but that's only because it uses different stats to calculate at each position right? There's not an actual decrease in the player's ability is there?

As far as I know from years of playing no there's no difference. I remember in NCAA a few years back there was a guy on USC (I think Clay Matthews) who was like a 93 as a LB and a 99 as a DE. Easiest way to verify this would be to go in to the rosters offline and either create a guy or just use an existing guy and see what happens to his overall if you edit his position (not just move him to a different spot on the depth chart).

Edit: Speaking of Senecca if anyone needs a back up QB or a wildcat QB he's available! I'm looking for a nickle CB or mid round (3rd/4th) round draft pick in return.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
Correct.

PRC and PUR are what I assume those two spots have in common. For a safety you would want much higher MCV, ZCV, PRS, and JMP but for an LB you would ideally want TAK, HIP, and BSH. Higher STR as well, whereas the SS would have higher SPD. It's a matter of matching the skillset to the position.

Fifty

bluemax said:
As far as I know from years of playing no there's no difference. I remember in NCAA a few years back there was a guy on USC (I think Clay Matthews) who was like a 93 as a LB and a 99 as a DE. Easiest way to verify this would be to go in to the rosters offline and either create a guy or just use an existing guy and see what happens to his overall if you edit his position (not just move him to a different spot on the depth chart).

Yeah, I have a ROLB (Suggs, who in real life plays DE) that when moved to RE goes from 92 to 99. He doesn't produce like a true 99, but that's what it says! I guess his high speed and finesse moves ratings propel him. Same with a 93 DE who goes to a 99 DT. Weird, but I'm not complaining.

Lonestar

Derrick Burgess is a 64 rated LOLB, but a mid to high 80's DE, which is Where I use him, as I actually run more 4-3 and 46 now, instead of the 3-4 (just not enough good LB's any more)

LiveWire

bluemax said:
I'm still starting Hasslebeck but Campbell will get some snaps. I played around with Campbell in practice mode, he seems to have a tendency to just completely uncork one every so many passes.

It's making it through the "so many passes" part that's hard.

bluemax said:
Aside from his accuracy ratings

:lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Another basic question I've been meaning to ask: What's the best way to get punts out of bounds? The arrow or the stick (or both)? It seems that even I aim the arrow to the sidelines and hit the stick dead center it just goes down the middle. Would be nice if the manual even alluded to it.

Fifty

AstroLad said:
Another basic question I've been meaning to ask: What's the best way to get punts out of bounds? The arrow or the stick (or both)? It seems that even I aim the arrow to the sidelines and hit the stick dead center it just goes down the middle. Would be nice if the manual even alluded to it.

If you're aiming X degrees off of due north, you'll need to finish your right stick movement at the same % to the left/right. I'm hardly ever in coffin corner situations, so I'm not very good at this, but that's the gist of it, in very confusing terms.

We'll play a game and practice punting back and forth! It'll be like my upcoming game vs the Browns!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah when I have the ball at my 45 or whatever it invariably winds up going dead center or 20 yards out of bounds. Love netting 25 yards on punts.

Lonestar

bluemax said:
Campbell will complete 60% of his passes this season!

Pass to Leron James in the Flat
Pass to John Carlson in the middle

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:

The John Carlson and Leron James for Adrian Peterson deal went through?

Lonestar

I'm personally wondering if I should pick Miami's playbook, and see how Tibrow does in the wildcat.

But I don't think it has as many shotgun formations, and doesn't have the dreaded "Direct snap to the HB" play. :lol

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
I'm personally wondering if I should pick Miami's playbook, and see how Tibrow does in the wildcat.

But I don't think it has as many shotgun formations, and doesn't have the dreaded "Direct snap to the HB" play. :lol
Which play is that? I tried every shotgun running play in the Pats book and couldn't find it.

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
I was talking to Rors last night, LeRon is almost cheesy in the flats. I feel wrong throwing the ball to him.

Lonestar

bluemax said:
I was talking to Rors last night, LeRon is almost cheesy in the flats. I feel wrong throwing the ball to him.

It probably is. Insane speed, agility, acceleration, strong in stiffarms, jukes and spins, and has ok catching ability, probably pretty good for a HB. He's probably already deadly from just a running back stance, to get him the ball in space...

I feel the same about Bellows, I just don't have him running out to the flats where the CPU doesn't know how to cover him.

I need to find him some WR screen possibilities. I'm also wondering if I should move him to #1 instead of #2, so he fits into where I like to throw the ball (depending on formation)

daw840

Big. I am getting off work right now. Heading home. I will have to mess with my lineup before we play though.

Rors. Did you drop JRuss?

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
It probably is. Insane speed, agility, acceleration, strong in stiffarms, jukes and spins, and has ok catching ability, probably pretty good for a HB. He's probably already deadly from just a running back stance, to get him the ball in space...

I feel the same about Bellows, I just don't have him running out to the flats where the CPU doesn't know how to cover him.

I need to find him some WR screen possibilities. I'm also wondering if I should move him to #1 instead of #2, so he fits into where I like to throw the ball (depending on formation)
I didn't throw to RBs too much last year except as dumpoffs.

I'll have to dig in my old NCAA notes
and run some Reggie Bush plays for him.

BigAT

daw840 said:
Big. I am getting off work right now. Heading home. I will have to mess with my lineup before we play though.

Rors. Did you drop JRuss?

Alright, I'll be on. I just took a look at the free agent list and it looks like Russell is available. How did everyone manage to restrain themselves and keep their hands off him????

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:
Luke, when do you wanna play our game? I can go pretty much any night this week after 9:30 est.

I can probably take my beating tonight around 10:30 EST, stuff is always in flux with when I'm going to leave for the night, so I'll post in the thread (or PM) when I know for sure.

daw840

Bernard Berrian is still on my roster. I am going to drop him, I don't remember who picked him up in the FA draft though.

Lonestar said:
1. You have to do all that, and keep me from scoring. You have to at least beat me by 19 points. Not sure what to do if the quater ends at "even" OT? Better serve to start another game, let you coin flip, and see who scores first?

2. I assume Onside as you would normally do in the 4th quarter, if a comeback is possible. Are you going to onside every time, even early in the "4th"?

Honestly if I do put up 18 I wouldn't be opposed to just playing the game again, but if you wanna do a "simulation" OT then that's cool

and as for onside, i most likely won't do it until after my 2nd score (cause time won't be on my side at that point if we do get there)

oh and if it becomes fairly obvious that i won't come back then I'll just quit and let you finish it out so I don't waste anyone's time.

Great game Live. Tough loss for me since I had 3 shots to win before kicking the fg to go into ot. Good to see my rookie return a kickoff for 103 yards though.

A much better, closer game than last season though, for sure.

NFC West crown is mine! :lol

LiveWire

storybook77 said:
Great game Live. Tough loss for me since I had 3 shots to win before kicking the fg to go into ot. Good to see my rookie return a kickoff for 103 yards though.

A much better, closer game than last season though, for sure.

NFC West crown is mine! :lol

HOLY SHIT dude. Awesome, awesome, awesome comeback. I thought it was in the bag for sure after notching 4 turnovers and being up by 18. 18!

SJax destroyed my run defense on the outside (my rookie DEs got blown away), and then in the 4th Bulger just decides to channel John Elway and nearly win it. That goal line series with 12 seconds left and 3 passing plays, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. :lol

I figured the kickoff return was your rookie....once I saw he had a one-on-one on the sideline I was like....fuuuuuck. He should give you 3 or 4 of those this season. The Rams run defense is pretty sick. If it weren't for the yardage gained in OT, Portis would've been around 40-50 yards. NFC West will be very interesting this year!

Despite giving up 18th 4th quarter points and nearly losing the game, my defense performed pretty well.

My 4th-round DE, Ronnie Maeweather, picks up a fumble forced by 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year Rocky McIntosh (8 tackles, 1 INT, 2 FF, 1 FR).

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/12907712

Dane Morrow posting a good rookie performance (2 TDs, 1 INT). Really solid in the pocket, way better than Campbell under pressure. Look at this play here:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/12907760

Look at him DRIIIIIIVING off that back foot and hitting a wide open Antwaan Randle El for a TD. 1 win in the books, now to take care of the Giants.

daw840

So, WTF do we do now?

I am playing BigAT. There is only 5 minutes left in the game, I am up by 8 points, and now he has disconnected.

Top Bottom