• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

bluemax

Banned
Birdman02 said:
It's actually called HB direct snap....look for the formation with the TE lined up just off the line of scrimmage and the RB to the right of the QB.

Formation is DBLS WING TE.

Sweet can't believe I missed this. It works rather nicely with the King as well!

LiveWire I dedicate these videos to you:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/12917940

I was throwing to Housh!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/12917942

Tibrow style!

He finished 4/6 for 92 yards no TDs or INTs and 1 rushing TD.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Somnia said:
Jesus... the computer drafted me two centers?????? Jesus Christ I got dicked over :lol
But now you no longer have to worry about every Madden player's greatest fear: losing a stud center. Very few people have such solid contingency plans at center.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Somnia said:
Jesus... the computer drafted me two centers?????? Jesus Christ I got dicked over :lol

FMT got a Center with the #1 overall. it could always be worse!

Smokey

I have a question regarding manual WR control.

I know it's not allowed or whatever (even though I've yet to see the rocket jump from WR as in years past), but could we modify it a bit?

The rule could stay in effect when it's a fly pattern with man to man coverage or whatever, but what if you lead the receiver and he gets pretty good separation from the defender? Could we take control of the receiver in this situation to give the WR some extra juice to catch up with the ball?

Smokey said:
I have a question regarding manual WR control.

I know it's not allowed or whatever (even though I've yet to see the rocket jump from WR as in years past), but could we modify it a bit?

The rule could stay in effect when it's a fly pattern with man to man coverage or whatever, but what if you lead the receiver and he gets pretty good separation from the defender? Could we take control of the receiver in this situation to give the WR some extra juice to catch up with the ball?

nope.

offense already has a huge advantage in this game. this is a rule that SHANT be changed

Birdman02

GG Luke....big plays and turnovers won the game for me. I just knew there was too much time on the clock when I scored that last TD. I thought about going down at the 1 so I could kill a little more clock, but I didn't want to risk not scoring the go ahead touchdown.I thought for sure Peyton was gonna lead you down for the game winning score, and I was almost right.

Luke was down by 3 and had the ball 4th and 2 on my 12 yd line with 28 seconds left. I figured he would kick the game tying FG, so I called a timeout to give myself a little bit of time to answer. Instead, he decided to go for the win and this was the result:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/12919420

Reggie Wayne was killing me all game. I had that motherfucker spotlighted and doubled most of the game, but he was still getting open pretty easily. Thankfully, Daryl Smith (my team captain) made a play when I needed him too and knocked the ball loose.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
Wellie I am free anytime Tuesday. Just let me know when you want to get this week 1 match in!
Okay I should be home at around 6 EST.

Somnia was a good player with the Bengals, now with his natural team I am a little nervous that I won't stand a chance. Then I have Livewire next week who beat me twice last season. Looks like another 0-2 hole to start the season. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington said:
Dude you kill zone, you kill blitzes, you kill man to man. I couldn't do anything that game.

Jonsson, I will sacrifice myself by exposing my secretz to give you more ammo. Here's more out of my coffers:

When I was with the Texans I loved splitting Daniels out for two reasons 1) He is a great receiver, better than the Texan slot guy. More importantly, if I ran with Slaton with three wide, he sealed the edge much more effectively than the slot WR. He's a TE, he can block like a motherfucker.

I like setting my audibles... I have my formations that I like to run out of, so what I do, say it's I-Form and I called a toss... one of my audibles is an I-Form run up the gut. If I find myself in a bad situation because of what the d called, I audible to the other run. I also have a toss audible just in case. A lot of times guys love to play me inside because BJac is killer in there, so I call the toss.
Forgot to mention the most important thing.

NEVER give up on the run. Even if you get stuffed early on and can't figure out what is wrong, don't give up.

LiveWire

Wellie, I can play late tonight if we advance, or anytime tomorrow night. But if we don't advance by then, I can't play until Friday as I'm in NYC Thursday.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Wellie, I can play late tonight if we advance, or anytime tomorrow night. But if we don't advance by then, I can't play until Friday as I'm in NYC Thursday.
Five games including me and Somnia left. I highly doubt we advance tonight.

What you doing in NYC Thursday? (Hopefully not game 7 of the WS. ;) )

Somnia

Wellington said:
Okay I should be home at around 6 EST.

Somnia was a good player with the Bengals, now with his natural team I am a little nervous that I won't stand a chance. Then I have Livewire next week who beat me twice last season. Looks like another 0-2 hole to start the season. :(

We shall see...It's been awhile since I've played Madden let alone the Boys :lol Anyone up for playing today before I play Wellie shoot me an AIM (Somnia1982) I'd love to get some practice in...at least I don't have to learn my new players since they are all offensive linemen *eyes CPU draft picks =/*

Somnia

Wellington said:

The Yankees better win before Thursday....just for the sake of Fringe returning! Well that and I would perfer them over Philly and I'd like to see Mo get another WS win :D

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Some conference on intellectual property law sponsored by the government. Mostly just there to keep up appearances with our contacts at the DOJ. Assuming there is a game 7, any good sports bars to hit up around 7th Ave near 53rd? I'll have my car so I can drive around if needed.

Nightz

DenogginizerOS said:
I should be able to play around 9EST. Does that work for you?
Any chance we can start a little earlier? Maybe 8:45 EST? We're having visitors over at 7 pm (10 EST) and I don't want to leave them waiting because I'm playing Madden. :lol Or if that's not possible, would you be able to play around 11:30 EST? I know that's kinda late, so it's ok if you can't.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
We shall see...It's been awhile since I've played Madden let alone the Boys :lol Anyone up for playing today before I play Wellie shoot me an AIM (Somnia1982) I'd love to get some practice in...at least I don't have to learn my new players since they are all offensive linemen *eyes CPU draft picks =/*
I was just looking over your roster, holy shit will I even be able to pass against you? All your CBs have insane MCV and ZCV ratings.

Looks like it's up to Jacobs and Bradshaw.

Somnia

Wellington said:
I was just looking over your roster, holy shit will I even be able to pass against you? All your CBs have insane MCV and ZCV ratings.

Looks like it's up to Jacobs and Bradshaw.

I'm gonna be trying out my new 4 RB system :lol I can't believe I have a 88 (barber), 85 (jones), 79 (choice) and 75 (my cpu drafted rookie)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
I'm gonna be trying out my new 4 RB system :lol I can't believe I have a 88 (barber), 85 (jones), 79 (choice) and 75 (my cpu drafted rookie)
Fucking Shawn did too well with those guys. :lol

:(

Headed towards 0-1 tonight boys. All Pros versus All Joes all over again.

daw840

Somnia said:

Jesus Christ. I still like my AP/Fred Taylor combo!:D

Fifty

Somnia said:

Ahem. A true 4 RB system, like mine, features no backs under 80. Rice - 86, Keller - 82, Mcgahee - 81, Mc'Clain - 94 (A FB, but used as a RB is still over 80!)

I saw that the Broncos won with a 69 rated rookie @ QB. I missed it, where did Orton go?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Ahem. A true 4 RB system, like mine, features no backs under 80. Rice - 86, Keller - 82, Mcgahee - 81, Mc'Clain - 94 (A FB, but used as a RB is still over 80!)

Speaking of drafted, who picked up Kelly James, the #2 QB? I remember the third guy, Dane Morrow, getting pick before James.

I saw that the Broncos won with a 69 rated rookie @ QB. I missed it, where did Orton go?
Orton is with Lone and the Pats. After Brady went down for the year he needed a QB.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Nightz said:
Any chance we can start a little earlier? Maybe 8:45 EST? We're having visitors over at 7 pm (10 EST) and I don't want to leave them waiting because I'm playing Madden. :lol Or if that's not possible, would you be able to play around 11:30 EST? I know that's kinda late, so it's ok if you can't.
I will try to be on around 815/830ish EST. I may have to pause for goodnight kisses for my daughter, but we should be good otherwise.

TheCrow

Wellington said:
Orton is with Lone and the Pats. After Brady went down for the year he needed a QB.

Actually he had to play without Brady for about 4 weeks and I ended up trading him Orton a week before we played each other. Unfortunately, for me, Brady was able to play during our game.

Speaking about RBs. Both Moreno(86) and Makino(73) got hurt during my game against airbrian and I had to make due with my FB Hillis(81 at RB). I need to pick up another RB. :(

Nightz

DenogginizerOS said:
I will try to be on around 815/830ish EST. I may have to pause for goodnight kisses for my daughter, but we should be good otherwise.
Cool, that's no problem at all. See you then. :)

Fifty

I think Browns/Panthers and Packers/Vikings are the only games I'm not aware of when they'll be played. Two games tonight, supposedly Bob plays on Wednesday (cute how even with an extended deadline he plays on his usual deadline day).

I'm pretty sure we won't need till the initially proposed saturday to finish week one.

P.S: People, pick up the FAs you drafted, or declare that you don't want them. After a while (not sure exactly how long), it'll likely be a free for all. I saw Petitgout that Ram picked, just sitting there. Not that he would have helped Ramirez win, as a backup LT rated 75 only has so much value.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Fifty said:
P.S: People, pick up the FAs you drafted, or declare that you don't want them. After a while (not sure exactly how long), it'll likely be a free for all. I saw Petitgout that Ram picked, just sitting there. Not that he would have helped Ramirez win, as a backup LT rated 75 only has so much value.
I will pick up Schobel and Josh Reed tonight before my game with Nightz.

Fifty

Not until we're sure that everyone has had a chance to claim the ones they took in the FA draft. Basically, just play it safe (However people that weren't dropped in the FA draft are fine as always..i.e: you can pick up Deuce or Shaun Alexander now!)

If there's someone specific you had your mind on, you can search through the draft thread I guess to see who took him and talk to them. I know some people might not care about picking up their 3rd round FA picks.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm not sure, but I don't know if I ever picked up the 7th round pick I was to get from CB. It was "best available" and...maybe it was another HB. CB, any thoughts?

Top Bottom