• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire said:
Some conference on intellectual property law sponsored by the government. Mostly just there to keep up appearances with our contacts at the DOJ. Assuming there is a game 7, any good sports bars to hit up around 7th Ave near 53rd? I'll have my car so I can drive around if needed.

haha damn you're staying at that Westin? I think there's some sports bars there (Haven't been to any) but if you're on 53rd and 7th at night you need to see the halal cart. if they're not on 53rd and 7th then they'll be on 53rd and 6th and I think they're open past 7 or 7:30 PM. real good munchie food!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
TheCrow said:
Actually he had to play without Brady for about 4 weeks and I ended up trading him Orton a week before we played each other. Unfortunately, for me, Brady was able to play during our game.

Speaking about RBs. Both Moreno(86) and Makino(73) got hurt during my game against airbrian and I had to make due with my FB Hillis(81 at RB). I need to pick up another RB. :(

Those were some fun losses, to be sure!

Now, I even have another QB (didn't expect to draft one :p ) and might have found a changeup to throw at people, in Tibrow.

LiveWire

ph33nix said:
haha damn you're staying at that Westin? I think there's some sports bars there (Haven't been to any) but if you're on 53rd and 7th at night you need to see the halal cart. if they're not on 53rd and 7th then they'll be on 53rd and 6th and I think they're open past 7 or 7:30 PM. real good munchie food!

Actually I was planning on driving back home to visit family in PA right after the conference if there was no game 7, so I don't have a hotel. But now that I think of it, I've stayed there before, I think I know that area...there's a few clubs/lounges nearby, but I can't recall any real sports bars (though I guess any bar with a TV will have the game on). I've heard about that halal cart, but I heard a rumor it was gone because the proprietor owed like tens of thousands in fees or something?

LiveWire said:
Actually I was planning on driving back home to visit family in PA right after the conference if there was no game 7, so I don't have a hotel. But now that I think of it, I've stayed there before, I think I know that area...there's a few clubs/lounges nearby, but I can't recall any real sports bars (though I guess any bar with a TV will have the game on). I've heard about that halal cart, but I heard a rumor it was gone because the proprietor owed like tens of thousands in fees or something?

Well I know for sure the 53rd/6th folks are still there cause I was there last week. I used to go to the one on 7th ave (cause its closer) but they are not around anymore it seems :( boohoo for having to walk east one more block

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Somnia.

Justin Tuck went down in the first quarter with turf toe, but the two off-season acquisitions stepped it right up. 2 tackles for a loss and a sack for Stroud, and Quentin Groves had a sack, stepping in for Tuck. Sexcellent.

I have a problem with my D though. For whatever reason, most games its starts lights out then it dies in the second half. I was up 21-0 then suddenly it's 28-25 and I have to eat up the clock at the end of the game to make sure I get the W. (Threw a pick six in there but you get my point). Any advice?

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I have a problem with my D though. For whatever reason, most games its starts lights out then it dies in the second half. I was up 21-0 then suddenly it's 28-25 and I have to eat up the clock at the end of the game to make sure I get the W. (Threw a pick six in there but you get my point). Any advice?

What's your D's stamina colors in the 2nd half?

Rorschach

daw840 said:
FUCK A 58 YARD FIELD GOAL TO WIN. FUCKING BULLSHIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OWEURQHF:LKAJHF
People don't see the value of an awesome kicker 'till they have to make a 62 yarder. :D

I offered up Jano and no one bit! Too late now, suckas!

Rorschach

Sweet, only 3 games left. Jets/Bengals I saw scheduled above. Dunno about Panthers/Browns. ...oh crap and the last game is a Bob game... what does your Saturday look like, FMT?

BigAT

daw840 said:
FUCK A 58 YARD FIELD GOAL TO WIN. FUCKING BULLSHIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OWEURQHF:LKAJHF

HUGE game by Mason Crosby. Daw scored a TD to tie the score up real late. I got the ball back with about 35 seconds left and only a single timeout. Two long passes by Aaron Rodgers later and Crosby was able to barely squeeze one through the uprights for 58 yards as time expired to win the game. He had another field goal earlier in the game of 56 yards as well.

AP went down for a quarter, although it didn't really matter because Fred Taylor didn't slow down in the least when replacing him. I was helped out though when Harvin went down for the game with an injury.

I don't know if you realize this, but our 3 regular season games so far have been decided by an average of 2.66 points per game.

Fifty

Heh, Mason Crosby is only a 76, but because he has kick power 99 (ok...) he plays like an all star in Madden in the right hands. His kick accuracy isn't THAT bad, with 81. The game values KACC way too much in calculating the overall ratings for kickers. Nick Folk is a 92, but his kick power is something like 89 so he has literally no chance at making kicks that "average" kickers, like Crosby can make.

I can live with not having a high KPOW kicker, because most of my misses were wide, not short. I just can't handle the pressure!

P.S:
Fred Taylor got a rushing and receieving TD! A Pete only with one receieving TD. Bizarro!

daw840

Fifty said:
Heh, Mason Crosby is only a 76, but because he has kick power 99 (ok...) he plays like an all star in Madden in the right hands. His kick accuracy isn't THAT bad, with 81. The game values KACC way too much in calculating the overall ratings for kickers. Nick Folk is a 92, but his kick power is something like 89 so he has literally no chance at making kicks that "average" kickers, like Crosby can make.

I can live with not having a high KPOW kicker, because most of my misses were wide, not short. I just can't handle the pressure!

P.S:
Fred Taylor got a rushing and receieving TD! A Pete only with one receieving TD. Bizarro!

AP caught a pass over the middle to tie it up late in the 4th.

Striker

GCQuinton,

I'll be home around 10ish. Most likely I'll be on here before I turn on my box.

CB3 said:
Ive got 1 Rb in the 90's and 2 in the 80's. I win!
I don't have one over 75. We'll see how I do this season!

daw840

Fifty said:
Are you just reminding people, or is there someone you wanted to pick up? PM me if that's the latter and we'll sort it out.
I would say after the week advances, all FA's are free game.

thecrow, if you are interested in a RB i have ricky williams or glenn coffee that i might be interested in trading..... for the right offer!

p.s. that goes for you too lone.... if you're interested in your boy coffee!

TheCrow

I have a good trio at RB, so I'll just pick up a HB from the free agents to carry the ball when the game is over.

BTW: If anyone is interested in a young MLB with good potential. David Veikune is available and I would be willing to look at any offers.

Nightz

GG Denog. Right from the start I could tell that it would be an ugly game. Your defense confused me and I made a lot of mistakes. It was pretty apparent that I need to spend a lot more time learning the Bengals playbook.

I really thought you were gonna win it on that last drive. I was just fortunate that my run defense stepped up when it mattered.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Heh, probably all I have to give, is more running back (Morroney/Peerman), "maybe" kyle Orton, and future draft picks. I should be out there trying to get some secondary help.

Because of the draft snaffu, and not being able to get a CB in the 2nd round from Houston, I've deemed it ok to randomly abuse Timmy T.

Like this

I went and copied the ratings from my top 4 rookies, and altered the roster for the team to match as closely as my online franchise is. Best I can figure to try and "practice" with my players. This Tibrow is about as close as the online one is.

Ramirez

Fifty said:
I think Browns/Panthers and Packers/Vikings are the only games I'm not aware of when they'll be played. Two games tonight, supposedly Bob plays on Wednesday (cute how even with an extended deadline he plays on his usual deadline day).

I'm pretty sure we won't need till the initially proposed saturday to finish week one.

P.S: People, pick up the FAs you drafted, or declare that you don't want them. After a while (not sure exactly how long), it'll likely be a free for all. I saw Petitgout that Ram picked, just sitting there. Not that he would have helped Ramirez win, as a backup LT rated 75 only has so much value.

My team was full and LJ was ready to go, so I didn't bother going in and cutting someone so I could get him, pretty sure I drafted a LT that is better than him anyways, so if anyone wants him, feel free.

Another thing they need to do for Madden 11 is change the kicking mechanics, Rors nailed TWO 60+ FGs in a scrimmage against me at Heinz Field. I think the total number of 50+ FGs ever is under 10, no one will ever smell 60 at that place, but Jano had room to spare! :lol

to rors credit, janikowski might actually hit that FG in real life is the raiders offense wasn't so awful and could actually get to the steelers 43 yardline (which they would never do in real life... they would win the game on 4 ben rofflesberger TAINTS)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It was nice to see my first round pick C Brandon Atkinson start and play well all game. Jay Ratliffe did beat him three times from what I saw, but Rat is actually really good so it's to be expected. I plan on swapping him in and out with O'Hara for now situationally. I started second year RT Will Beatty in place of Kareem McKenzie, boy did he do well! Shut down Antonio Smith and was key to sealing off the edge a few times on outside runs. Glad that these two players are proving some of the theory that I've been spouting correct. We'll see what happens as the year goes on. The sack I gave up to Ware was me stupidly rolling out of the pocket in his direction.

On the other hand, I vastly underestimated the value of the route running rating. It cost me a pick in the game with Somnia,

I am debating making Andre Brown my #2 RB. His carry rating is very very good...

Needless to say, this really feels like controlling a team. With all the drawbacks, kudos to EA for providing all that it has with the OF feature.

O'Hara is on the trading block by the way.

Wellington said:
It was nice to see my first round pick C Brandon Atkinson start and play well all game. Jay Ratliffe did beat him three times from what I saw, but Rat is actually really good so it's to be expected. I plan on swapping him in and out with O'Hara for now situationally. I started second year RT Will Beatty in place of Kareem McKenzie, boy did he do well! Shut down Antonio Smith and was key to sealing off the edge a few times on outside runs. Glad that these two players are proving some of the theory that I've been spouting correct. We'll see what happens as the year goes on. The sack I gave up to Ware was me stupidly rolling out of the pocket in his direction.

On the other hand, I vastly underestimated the value of the route running rating. It cost me a pick in the game with Somnia,

I am debating making Andre Brown my #2 RB. His carry rating is very very good...

Needless to say, this really feels like controlling a team. With all the drawbacks, kudos to EA for providing all that it has with the OF feature.

the frustrating thing is that yes this is very fun, but it could be so much more. you look at how NCAA football handles their online dynasty and you just shake your head at the potential that is there for a pro football online franchise mode. EA did capitalize on the opportunity somewhat, but they also left a lot out that could rocket this mode to mars. maybe next year :(

Fifty

Striker told me he's playing around now-ish, so that leaves us with one game remaining. Bob told me that Bluemax couldn't play today, and that they're playing tomorrow.

This means we should be able to advance roughly on schedule

Somnia

Wellington said:

O'Hara is on the trading block by the way.

Ya I was impressed how your center was stopping me when I was controlling Ratliffe (which is most of the time). Antonio Smith did not impress me today at all for being my top FA signing! He better step it up :lol You ran all over his side like it was nothing.

Other than a few big plays my secondary impressed me pretty good today though. They were shutting most players down except Boss.

Fifty

Bluemax, if you're around, bug bob about playing. No point in me doing it if you're not right there, but bob said he saw you online.

Mrbob

I sent bluemax an aim message, no response. He is probably gone. I'm not staying up that late tonight to play either. Being sick + early work day tomorrow equals earlier bed time for me!

Might have to wait till tomorrow night sometime!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
I sent bluemax an aim message, no response. He is probably gone. I'm not staying up that late tonight to play either. Dragon Age + Dragon Age tomorrow equals earlier bed time for me!

Might have to wait till tomorrow night sometime!

Fixed

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
Ya I was impressed how your center was stopping me when I was controlling Ratliffe (which is most of the time). Antonio Smith did not impress me today at all for being my top FA signing! He better step it up :lol You ran all over his side like it was nothing.

Other than a few big plays my secondary impressed me pretty good today though. They were shutting most players down except Boss.
No way dude, there were a couple of times when you got into the backfield and sniffed out the plays. I'm certain that he'll absolutely demolish lesser DTs/NTs. His RBS and PBS are extremely high, better than O'Hara's. Ratliff has a PMV of 89 so they were closely matched as far as the PMV/RBS & PBS stats. Next game is against the Skins, Fat Albert manhandles everyone, but I think my boy Atkinson can swat away Griffin. The real test I am waiting for is against the Eagles. I should be able to gobble up those DTs all day.

It's weird that Smith was getting washed like that, he is a big body and should work well in your scheme.

Your secondary was fucking RIDICULOUS. I hardly ever go to Boss unless necessary, so that just goes to show how blanketed my guys were.

Mrbob

You'll never know because you don't have Steam!

I'm ready to go to town on bluemax tonight like Mjeff did on the Jazz in the nba finals!

Fifty

I keep getting stupid "Server Connection Down" messages when I try to get on the site to see the box score for the Browns/Panthers game. Ugh!

Striker

GC and I finished our game. To summarize, the first half was really quiet. Nothing really happened except one field goal.

Second half starts, and Chris Gamble returns the kick back to the house. Really? My KR specials going to be bad again? Guys were engulfed in their blocks and nobody was able to get off them.

17-14, after a HUGE catch by Steve Smith in double coverage on 4th & 12 :|, GC's driving and he's down to my 14-yard line. I was disgusted because my defense was getting gashed by Williams and Stewart all day. :(

He's got a 4th & short with :42 seconds left, but Rogers sniffs inside and pushes Williams back a yard. I really, truthfully think he got it, but the zebras say no, and it's turnover on downs.

As for my run game...

James Davis 16 carries, 75 yards
Jerome Harrison 7 carries, 45 yards

Not going to count on this every week, but I hope there's some consistency. Kemoeatu was in my backs' faces all game. I suppose that's going to happen vs. BAL and PIT's front line as well. :(

DMczaf

Awesome, so we can advance!!

cheers_cliff-734467.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Sorry guys, I was at the store when bob message me. I didn't expect him to be available until tomorrow like we arranged so I went to the store after work to get groceries.

I'll be home around 7:15 PM PST tomorrow and should be able to play around 7:20 (gotta feed the dogs).

Striker said:
GCQuinton,

I'll be home around 10ish. Most likely I'll be on here before I turn on my box.

I don't have one over 75. We'll see how I do this season!

I only had one over 80 last season and he wasn't worthy of that and I finished last in the league in rushing! Good times.

Striker

bluemax said:
I only had one over 80 last season and he wasn't worthy of that and I finished last in the league in rushing! Good times.
A large part may pay due to the strength of the OL.

Thomas-Steinbach-Mack-Sears-Grant

While it was only one game, the Davis/Harrison combo did pretty damn well for me compared to last season.

bluemax

Banned
I played the CPU Bears offline with my updated roster and dropped 49 on them. I only failed to score on two drives both in the fourth quarter. That may have been one of the most flawless games I've ever played on offense.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the frustrating thing is that yes this is very fun, but it could be so much more. you look at how NCAA football handles their online dynasty and you just shake your head at the potential that is there for a pro football online franchise mode. EA did capitalize on the opportunity somewhat, but they also left a lot out that could rocket this mode to mars. maybe next year :(

Don't you know this is a part of a 3 year project? Wait till Madden 2012 to get the full features!!

Honestly this wouldn't surprise me. Next year they'll add scrimmages and a few things, next year after that would possibly be salary cap/scouting.

If free agent negotiations ever happen I would love to see the shit that will go down here

Top Bottom