• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/56832

Updated the script to work correctly, because ea just reused the gameids for the next season without allowing a seasonid to be passed I had to rework some of the logic, but it actually should work much better now.

once you do get it check out the leader in total offense :)

also I don't know if I ever mentioned this but you can sort multiple columns using shift

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the frustrating thing is that yes this is very fun, but it could be so much more. you look at how NCAA football handles their online dynasty and you just shake your head at the potential that is there for a pro football online franchise mode. EA did capitalize on the opportunity somewhat, but they also left a lot out that could rocket this mode to mars. maybe next year :(

It is the first year and it seems to me that the Madden team built things from scratch instead of using NCAA as a base. Hopefully next year (yes I know we always say that) they will improve the online franchise. It seems that simply moving the offline salary cap and free agency deal over to online would be what needs to happen. That is it. Now that would mean that maybe 3-4 advances by the commish of free agency before the draft to allow people to try to resign people or sign free agents, but that can be done.

I think that it will be something left for next year, not a patch for this year's game. Speaking of patches, when is the next patch coming out?

Mrbob

bluemax said:
I played the CPU Bears offline with my updated roster and dropped 49 on them. I only failed to score on two drives both in the fourth quarter. That may have been one of the most flawless games I've ever played on offense.

:(

I'm going 0-16 this season!

Nightz

dskillzhtown said:
What's the next OM (Off-Madden) game people are buying?

MW2?
My time away from Madden has been spent on Borderlands. It'll move on to MW2 when I get it this Thursday. :D

Edit: And I'll probably be picking DJ Hero up too.

LiveWire

Tekken 6 and WoW. Oh, and maybe Torchlight. Oh, and then MW2 when that comes out. Still haven't beat ODST either. Oh and then there's L4D2 and Assassin's Creed II.

Fucking hell.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, Forza 3, Dragon Age, Borderlands, Left 4 Dead 2, NHL 10, and FIFA 10. TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Dskillz,

I have a softball game tomorrow night after a PTA meeting at my daughter's school. Perhaps Friday night we can play after 9EST. Saturday night is a date night but perhaps we can go earlier in the day. Just let me know.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just wrapped up the GTA4 DLC (though I'll still will play around some in there, couple side missions to finish up). Still debating on what's next, whether it's MW2, or perhaps go grab Forza 3. Haven't thought too much about what's came out recently, or about to.

dskillzhtown

DenogginizerOS said:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, Forza 3, Dragon Age, Borderlands, Left 4 Dead 2, NHL 10, and FIFA 10. TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Dskillz,

I have a softball game tomorrow night after a PTA meeting at my daughter's school. Perhaps Friday night we can play after 9EST. Saturday night is a date night but perhaps we can go earlier in the day. Just let me know.

Friday night is fine for me. I am not doing anything Friday night.

Hoping a core of us can get the same multiplayer game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I don't do much gaming these days... not being married and living in NYC does that. But I was going to go in with MW2. I wasn't going to get it until thanksgiving but if a bunch of us do it I'd love to join in.

Last time I tried getting games in, I bought ODST and played exactly ONE firefight.

dskillzhtown

Wellington said:
I don't do much gaming these days... not being married and living in NYC does that. But I was going to go in with MW2. I wasn't going to get it until thanksgiving but if a bunch of us do it I'd love to join in.

Last time I tried getting games in, I bought ODST and played exactly ONE firefight.

I didn't even do one firefight of ODST, lol!
sorry Luke

I think I am going to pick up MW2. I know that over half my friends list will be playing it. I will get killed every 5 seconds, but I am willing to try.

bluemax

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
What's the next OM (Off-Madden) game people are buying?

MW2?

I finished Uncharted 2 recently and started again for platinum. The only other next gen games I want to try the rest of this year are MW2 and AC2 and those are both rental fodder.

Also the project I'm on at work is supposed to finish on the 14th of December so I expect this next month might turn into crunch.

Mrbob said:
:(

I'm going 0-16 this season!

The first time it was only 38-10 and mostly cause I did stuff at the end of the game that I would never do in a league match. CPU Cutler is a lot easier to sack than I imagine you will be.

Fifty

FMT, I hope you'll be able to advance shortly after they finish their game tonight! (should be around 8:30 pacific).

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Bungie dropped the ball with no online matchmaking. Definitely one of the reasons I've left it sit. Good singleplayer though.

MW2 is guaranteed money in the bank. L4D2 is too, but depends on your platform. I'm getting PC version, the 360 versions look like shit compared to it.

Smokey

Bought DJ Hero last week.

I've had Live and 2k since launch and the 2k league has been on postponement until they can get a fucking patch out.

Just ordered Modern Warefare 2 from Amazon (get $20 gift certificate).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
When you consider that this is a 360 Madden league, the better question is probably who won't be getting MW2?

-fifty (dedication to madden)
-me (no real reason)

BigAT

I've been pretty busy with Borderlands lately, although I don't know how much more I'll be playing after I hit 50. I already have MW2 preordered, so there will be plenty of that to be played.

Fifty

The last two new games I've bought have been NHL 10 and UFC Undisputed. I'm a real man. If I want to shoot someone, I turn my 360 off, drink a shitload, and head outdoors!

Mrbob

You got NHL 10? Damn we should play it online sometime!

I'm skipping MW2 as well. I'll be rocking Left 4 Dead 2 this month.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
You got NHL 10? Damn we should play it online sometime!

I'm skipping MW2 as well. I'll be rocking Left 4 Dead 2 in November.

oh bob

get off your pc high horse and suck it up!

Mrbob

:lol

I wasn't even going to bring that issue up here, and still won't!

The real talk is MW2 is sandwiched between Dragon Age and Left 4 Dead 2. Both games I would rather play instead. With Madden league, NHL, UC2, and other various PC titles I still want to play I just don't have the available free time!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Who plays PC games anymore. Honestly? PC died last gen when good FPS were coming out on xbox. There was no reason for PC's anymore besides your MMO and RTS games

Smokey

Mrbob said:

I wasn't even going to bring that issue up here, and still won't!

The real talk is MW2 is sandwiched between Dragon Age and Left 4 Dead 2. Both games I would rather play instead. With Madden league, NHL, UC2, and other various PC titles I still want to play I just don't have the available free time!

Cut out some of the wack TV shows you watch and there's your time right there.

Also: I get Dragon Age in the mail today from Gamefly. I'll tell you if it sucks. That'll save you some money and you can use that towards MW2 and join the rest of us.

tl;dr

stop being a pussy

Mrbob

I already bought Dragon Age off of steam though. :lol

Protip for everyone....don't take Nyquil instead of Dayquil by accident in the middle of the day. I just did about an hour ago and I'm having a hell of a time trying to stay up! :lol

Edit: I'm getting L4D2 on the PC.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I am SO IN for L4D2. What are we playing it on, PC or 360? I got the original on 360 and had no one to play with. :(
I got the original and wouldnt mind playing it someday.

DCX

dskillzhtown

Wellington said:
I am SO IN for L4D2. What are we playing it on, PC or 360? I got the original on 360 and had no one to play with. :(

You had L4D? I did too! I had no one to play with except randoms.

Maybe I will get L4D2 and MW2. I have enough trade fodder to do that.

Mrbob

My steam list always has people playing L4D1 to this day. MW2 is gonna destroy the L4D community on 360, might as well get it on pc. The PC version of L4D (and upcoming L4D2) has so much more over the 360 version it isn't even funny.

Cheaper price, better gameplay, free expansions, more options.

www.l4dmods.com

Great resource site, and you can continually expand upon the game.

LiveWire

Fifty said:
The last two new games I've bought have been NHL 10 and UFC Undisputed. I'm a real man. If I want to shoot someone, I turn my 360 off, drink a shitload, and head outdoors!

I'm scared

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
Who plays PC games anymore. Honestly? PC died last gen when good FPS were coming out on xbox. There was no reason for PC's anymore besides your MMO and RTS games
For multiplayer only games like L4D I would never think about playing it on console.

For a game I'm only gonna play single player like MW2 then console is fine.

Wellington said:

i'll play the original, not a chance im buying the 2nd one though. Don't get me wrong first one is awesome, but the 2nd one should have just been dlc.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

PC my friend! Unless you like horrible textures and washed out colors (and playing with Smokey).

TheCrow

CB3 said:

28w07b7.jpg

21ee1jn.jpg

TheCrow

CB3 said:
Only PC gamers would post unfunny pictures like that

33tgk7d.gif

I would get L4D2 for PC if I didn't have to rely on my netbook. :( I am still waiting for the new laptop gpus before I get a decent gaming laptop. Plus, by then I'll be out of the dorms and have a much better internet connection. I don't even want to think of playing a FPS now with the lag I would be getting.

Top Bottom