• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
GCQuinton said:
Astro, your PM box is full but Saturday morning/afternoon works for me too.
Yeah sorry bout that just cleaned it out. I'm gonna try to make it home by 9 but if wurst comes to wurst Sat is coo.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm 2-0 against the AFC west.

NFC west is the new hotness bro's, everyone knows that!
I'm going to decimate the West. I don't care if I only win 6 games (highly possible), I'll bury the West.

LJ11

Smokey said:
let me know what's good for u.

ill probably be on xbl for most of the time between now and then, so if i dont see ur message just hit me up on xbl.

Well you just started a ranked match, doubt we'll get in before 7.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm 2-0 against the AFC west.

NFC west is the new hotness bro's, everyone knows that!

Pffft fumbles beat me, not you! :(

Mrbob

The fact that the NFC North and NFC East have to play each other this year means there will be plenty of parity going into the last couple weeks for multiple playoff spots.

I don't see a winner out of either division coming out with more than 11 wins. Maybe 10!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
The fact that the NFC North and NFC East have to play each other this year means there will be plenty of parity going into the last couple weeks for multiple playoff spots.

I don't see a winner out of either division coming out with more than 11 wins. Maybe 10!

Both my wins have come from the NFC North Bobbo. Your time is coming soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6xqamEd8s0

Rorschach

Mrbob said:

Well, that's pretty much what the winners had last year. :p 11 for the AFCN and 12 for the NFCE. It would have been 10 for the North if not for a purposefully blown game at the end!

AFCW played the AFCN and the NFCE last season and they had 2 teams with over 12 wins. :D

Somnia

Well NFCE will have two undefeated teams and two 1-1 teams after this week....wow I just noticed Wellie plays 3 divison games in a row, ouch man.

LJ11

Good game Smokey. Turner's a bitch to handle, he rarely goes down on first contact. I recall when play where I just went straight to Rivers thinking my front had already made the tackle and he busted through. Thankfully he didn't get by the safety.

24-17, about 2 and change left to play and I threw to my wide open rookie receiver, the 47 year old Toliver on a slant. Made the catch but fumbled, fumbled last week too. His carry isn't that bad, but I guess I shouldn't have trusted him in a tight spot.

Next play Rivers goes deep and he really overthrows the ball, click on Whitner (I'm thinking easy int) and the ball clanks off his hands. 3rd down and long, Sproles wide open in the flats and the ball clanks of his hands. 4th down and long, midfield, and he goes to deep sideline pass, misfires, int McGee.

Good game dude.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
Well NFCE will have two undefeated teams and two 1-1 teams after this week....wow I just noticed Wellie plays 3 divison games in a row, ouch man.
Yeah ouch for you guys.

I think Live gets to play four in a row. :lol

The matchups between the NFCE and NFCN will be brutal. I also think I have the hardest schedule in the league:

Cowboys
Redskins
Eagles
Cardinals <---- Why do I play the division winner?
Vikings
Redskins
Chris Johnsons
Cowboys
Lions
Bears
Eagles
Colts
Jags
Packers
Bucs
Texans

What the fuck!

Smokey

LJ11 said:
Good game Smokey. Turner's a bitch to handle, he rarely goes down on first contact. I recall when play where I just went straight to Rivers thinking my front had already made the tackle and he busted through. Thankfully he didn't get by the safety.

24-17, about 2 and change left to play and I threw to my wide open rookie receiver, the 47 year old Toliver on a slant. Made the catch but fumbled, fumbled last week too. His carry isn't that bad, but I guess I shouldn't have trusted him in a tight spot.

Next play Rivers goes deep and he really overthrows the ball, click on Whitner (I'm thinking easy int) and the ball clanks off his hands. 3rd down and long, Sproles wide open in the flats and the ball clanks of his hands. 4th down and long, midfield, and he goes to deep sideline pass, misfires, int McGee.

Good game dude.

Guess Madden decided to give me one of "those" games. Rivers was overthrowing everything. On my final drive I lol'd when Sproles was WIDE OPEN on the left side of the field, thew the pass where he can catch it in rhythm and he drops it. Nobody around him. At that point I just said fuck it w/e.

One of those games, but gg.

CB3

Shawn is gonna be on the Newlywed game on GSN at 6 PST if anyone wants to watch. It says on his AIM away message.

You all can get your jokes about how he cant cheese on the newlywed game out now :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
CB3 said:
Shawn is gonna be on the Newlywed game on GSN at 6 PST if anyone wants to watch. It says on his AIM away message.

You all can get your jokes about how he cant cheese on the newlywed game out now :lol

WTF?

Seriously?

Fifty

I guess daw's secret to winning in season 1 was being banned. Now he's 0-2! Favre has finally retired, and the fans in Minny are left with Jamarcus Russell. That's just cruel.

Bucs 31, Vikes 24

The box score makes it look like an absolutely insane game, with 6 INTs (4 for Black Favre) and an insane SEVEN forced fumbles

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
I guess daw's secret to winning in season 1 was being banned. Now he's 0-2! Favre has finally retired, and the fans in Minny are left with Jamarcus Russell. That's just cruel.

Bucs 31, Vikes 24

The box score makes it look like an absolutely insane game, with 6 INTs (4 for Black Favre) and an insane SEVEN forced fumbles

Wow...that's alot of turnovers.

daw840

God Damn it DM. That was the sloppiest loss I think I have ever had. Brett Favre truly was the heart and soul of this team.

I didn't even see that safety at the 3 yard line that picked that ball. It ended up being OK though, since it was like an awesome punt or something. 3rd down and long and you INT on the 3 yard line and get immediately tackled. LOL.

What the hell was with my guys not being able to catch your damn FB. 84 yd FB TD reception?!? WAT?!?

Then the last quarter was just trash. That fumble by my WR was NOT a fumble, yet the booth didn't even review it. :/

One more thing, I thought blitzing with anyone but the DL was banned?

Somnia

daw840 said:
God Damn it DM. That was the sloppiest loss I think I have ever had. Brett Favre truly was the heart and soul of this team.

I didn't even see that safety at the 3 yard line that picked that ball. It ended up being OK though, since it was like an awesome punt or something. 3rd down and long and you INT on the 3 yard line and get immediately tackled. LOL.

What the hell was with my guys not being able to catch your damn FB. 84 yd FB TD reception?!? WAT?!?

Then the last quarter was just trash. That fumble by my WR was NOT a fumble, yet the booth didn't even review it. :/

One more thing, I thought blitzing with anyone but the DL was banned?

It is...you can however take over any player if they are past the line of scrimmage from my understanding.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
All out blitzes are ok, as long as you aren't controlling an LB or DB before crossing the line. The AI has to get past the OLine first.

DMczaf

The only time I ran in was when you called play action and I went after the RB. Isn't the point of calling PA to get me to bite on the run? :lol

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:

... going to resist...

DCX

daw840

DMczaf said:
The only time I ran in was when you called play action and I went after the RB. Isn't the point of calling PA to get me to bite on the run? :lol

No, no. You tackled AP like 3 yards before the line of scrimmage nearly the instant he got the ball. It was at the very beginning of the game, actually I think it was the 2nd play of the game. You were controlling the MLB. I'm not upset or anything, I just was curious since I was banned for so long and I thought someone maybe had a discussion or something.

Striker said:
How can Russell's passes double Peterson's rushing attempts? :\

Twilight zone, amirite

Because of the 4th quarter. I was down 14 and needed to get big chunks of yards. If you could look at the quarter by quarter stats it would be all AP. I think I actually had more TOP than DM did by a lot.

Striker

No worries, I was just ribbing. I played Russell last season vs. Rors and the guy's accuracy is just terrible. Not sure what you traded for him, but your call! I wonder if his deep accuracy is any good, because bombs to Harvin or Rice should be dynamite.

daw840

Striker said:
No worries, I was just ribbing. I played Russell last season vs. Rors and the guy's accuracy is just terrible. Not sure what you traded for him, but your call! I wonder if his deep accuracy is any good, because bombs to Harvin or Rice should be dynamite.

A 2nd round pick, which is fucking awesome because no one I needed was even around at my pick for the 2nd round. As much as JRuss might suck...........god he is better than TJack. :/

edit: Furthermore, on both of my losses. Harvin and AP were out with injuries for at LEAST a quarter. So apparently, you have to injure my star players to beat me.

CB3

you traded a second rounder for Jamarcus? What the hell

Thats almost as bad as that Brent Barry shit. Im gonna have congress investigate you

daw840

CB3 said:
you traded a second rounder for Jamarcus? What the hell

Thats almost as bad as that Brent Barry shit. Im gonna have congress investigate you

WAT?!?

How is that bad?!? 59th overall pick for a QB that is 10 OVR points better than TJack?!? In the rookie draft there wasn't any QB's worth a shit by the time my 2nd round pick came around. JRuss is young and rated a 78 OVR, with good potential. I have been trying to lead people with passes like I used to be able to do with Farve, but now I need to work on just throwing the ball with the stick in the nuetral position. Russell could perform much better if I could just get used to him.

CB3

im sure there are plenty of back up QB's who maybe not rated as high, but you could have got for much cheaper. You probably could have packaged a guy with your first rounder to move up and get a good qb too

Striker

Ratings only mean so much. Brady Quinn is a 76, but I think he's played pretty good for me so far. Last season he's missed throws where receivers are running open or are currently open in the zone. Improving his accuracy was a goal for me on Quinn this season, and so far, so good. Facing Carolina and Baltimore defenses wasn't easy for me, either.

27/41, 364 yards, 3 TD's, INT -- which was totally my fault... I haven't hit any big down field plays yet, so hopeful his yards can rise.

Fifty

Striker said:
27/41, 364 yards, 3 TD's, INT -- which was totally my fault... I haven't hit any big down field plays yet, so hopeful his yards can rise.

No offense, but you need a real QB, like Flacco, to contend in this division.

14/24, 222 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs. And yes, that's in two games. :lol

Striker

Fifty said:
No offense, but you need a real QB, like Flacco, to contend in this division.

14/24, 222 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs. And yes, that's in two games. :lol
That isn't troubling since you have three RB's who can start for lots of teams. ;)

CB3

Oh man. This is painfully awkward. This dude kills me in madden and he is on the newlywed game

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
im sure there are plenty of back up QB's who maybe not rated as high, but you could have got for much cheaper. You probably could have packaged a guy with your first rounder to move up and get a good qb too
Considering i got Jason Campell for FREE a second seems like robbery.

Also I wouldve parted with Senneca Wallace for less.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
CB3 said:
Oh man. This is painfully awkward. This dude kills me in madden and he is on the newlywed game

Damn, this show is boring. It was funnier in the 70s. Maybe it is the host.

/gameshowexpert

Smokey said:

Shawn and his wife are on the Newlywed Game on GSN right now.

Smokey

dskillzhtown said:
Damn, this show is boring. It was funnier in the 70s. Maybe it is the host.

/gameshowexpert

Shawn and his wife are on the Newlywed Game on GSN right now.

:lol

what is GSN?! i gotta see this.

Smokey

wow

i agree with cb..this is awkward:lol

he looked pissed off at that last question lol

everybody else is clapping when it goes to commercial except shawn

Top Bottom