• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

yep, i have basically no true options to edit aside from difficulty. hopefully they add this stuff in soon! but we just have to suffer until then!

p.s. madden sales have been slow (vs. expectations), so who knows if EA is even going to allow for additional support :/

i guess this is what you get when you try to please the fans though!

Striker

gg Smokey. not sure if your score bar glitch came back, but you did fine without it.

Granted it was against two top tier 3-4 Defenses, but I cannot run against them. Steelers and Chargers just swallow my line (which has two 90+ left side guys) and backs like nothing.

I have been more comfortable using Quinn lately, despite that one errant throw to Robiskie late in the 2nd half. Braylon was pretty big for me that game. Quinn needs a bit more seasoning and I think he could develop pretty well.

Nobody defensively could stop Gates, though. I tried assigning D'Qwell Jackson to him, since he's my best LB period, but his speed does not match up. If my blitz coverages couldn't get to Rivers in time, I had no chance. What the fuck was up with Vincent Jackson? Dude caught two passes that bounced off my CB, and caught another one, which was a bad pass, in double coverage.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yep, i have basically no true options to edit aside from difficulty. hopefully they add this stuff in soon! but we just have to suffer until then!

p.s. madden sales have been slow (vs. expectations), so who knows if EA is even going to allow for additional support :/

i guess this is what you get when you try to please the fans though!
:lol All this time playing on Slow was for nothing. Suck it down, DM!

Somnia

So going through my depth chart I have a lot of players with an "A" potential that are young. That's a good sign at least....

Smokey

Striker said:
gg Smokey. not sure if your score bar glitch came back, but you did fine without it.

Granted it was against two top tier 3-4 Defenses, but I cannot run against them. Steelers and Chargers just swallow my line (which has two 90+ left side guys) and backs like nothing.

I have been more comfortable using Quinn lately, despite that one errant throw to Robiskie late in the 2nd half. Braylon was pretty big for me that game. Quinn needs a bit more seasoning and I think he could develop pretty well.

Nobody defensively could stop Gates, though. I tried assigning D'Qwell Jackson to him, since he's my best LB period, but his speed does not match up. If my blitz coverages couldn't get to Rivers in time, I had no chance. What the fuck was up with Vincent Jackson? Dude caught two passes that bounced off my CB, and caught another one, which was a bad pass, in double coverage.

GG

Yeah VJ has done that in back to back games :lol. It's happened to me before too and it sucks when you're on the other side. My scorebar did come back...eventually. During the final drive of regulation when I got to the 5 yard line w/ no TOs, it was gone and I didn't know how much fucking time was left. Sure enough I try and hurry up, Rivers gets ready to call play and BAM..ot.

I gotta question.

Defensive man alignment DOES NOT work in 10. i can call that shit a million times and my defense will not do anything. This is BS. So are you allowed to manually move the guy over to be in the correct position to cover their man? Otherwise the CPU just sits there and TE's and RB's coming out of the backfield get open on a consistent basis.

edit: wait what? the game is on fast for the league? there's not even an option to change it?

wat
tha
fuck

no slider adjustments, cant turn that fumble mini-jackoff game off, no overturning games?!?!

:lol :lol

smokey,

The man align is tricky. At one point you had a play near your end-zone, and I saw my LB not so set on with Gates, and I tried calling Timeout or even adjust the play into zone, but was too late. -_-[/QUOTE]

This what I'm talking about. you will get burned 9/10 times. so is it okay to put your defender into position? fmt?

Striker

Rorschach said:
You know, it's sad... I actually prefer slow now... too bad.

Don't. Don't sign any players from FA yet. Read the OP.
Oh, I knew the Burress, McAlister, etc. stuff, but I meant like guys in the 60's or something, to fill out a depleted part of the lineup. Waiting is fine! :p

Fucking EA needs to release Patch 2 and add another roster spot for us if we place a player on Injured Reserve.

smokey,

The man align is tricky. At one point you had a play near your end-zone, and I saw my LB not so set on with Gates, and I tried calling Timeout or even adjust the play into zone, but was too late. -_-

edit

I had to save Corey Williams' INT though. I was like, "Wow!" and pushed that fat shit as quick as I could.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8597817

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, signed in, even though I still haven't actually tested out playing a game. I know I'll have to play right off the Cable Modem, like last year. That's ok, just I won't have any access to here when I'm in the game.

The Depth Chart feature sucks too. There's no Reorder button as far as I can tell, and it's putting different people in at different places. They've got Burgess back in at LE, and Bruschi at LOLB.

Smokey

striker said:
edit

I had to save Corey Williams' INT though. I was like, "Wow!" and pushed that fat shit as quick as I could.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8597817

look at that fuckin lb come haulin' ass through the line. i was trying to backpedal for my life and still got hit causing the INT:lol :lol

when that INT happened I just set the controller down. There was no use in even raging. It's happened to me at least once a game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
League name: NeoGAF
Password: Crabby

sign in now friends! you can even do it on your PC!
Hm maybe I'm missing something but I'm just getting this message (logged in under my EASports account, set to 360): This franchise is private.
Please find another franchise to join.

I'm officially done playing online ranked games vs randoms. This one dude just killed me using nano exploits that were unstoppable.

Take a look at this video I made for Ian on Twitvid, it's no "Troof Chasers" but the shit is kinda funny in a sad way: http://www.twitvid.com/2B8DD

Fifty

AstroLad said:
Hm maybe I'm missing something but I'm just getting this message (logged in under my EASports account, set to 360): This franchise is private.
Please find another franchise to join.

Yeah. There's no pass entry field that I see. :lol I guess we have to do it in-game.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
I guess we have to do it in-game.
Yep. False advertising by the commish!

And I the only one with downgraded rookies? DHB 71 (from 76) and my rook DL is rated F. How can a rookie have no upside? :\

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gramatica1.jpg

Rorschach

Gramatica runs a football camp... which is sort of like a school. Which sort of makes him a professor. A professor of football!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
Yep. False advertising by the commish!

And I the only one with downgraded rookies? DHB 71 (from 76) and my rook DL is rated F. How can a rookie have no upside? :\

:lol :lol :lol

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
I'm officially done playing online ranked games vs randoms. This one dude just killed me using nano exploits that were unstoppable.

Take a look at this video I made for Ian on Twitvid, it's no "Troof Chasers" but the shit is kinda funny in a sad way: http://www.twitvid.com/2B8DD

that shit still hasn't been fixed?

and my GT is now famous horray

Jtrizzy

So what's the word on when patches are coming out? I'm pretty much done setting up the PS3 league, but the holding during fg's/xp's is already causing problems in our test franchise.

Also wondering if anything else is known about what will be in the patches As FMT said, we have almost no control over the franchise. It appears that there is no way for me to restart a game or to change the outcome.

Rorschach

Jtrizzy said:
So what's the word on when patches are coming out? I'm pretty much done setting up the PS3 league, but the holding during fg's/xp's is already causing problems in our test franchise.

Also wondering if anything else is known about what will be in the patches As FMT said, we have almost no control over the franchise. It appears that there is no way for me to restart a game or to change the outcome.
Supposedly, whatever they patch will be implemented into your current leagues so you don't have to restart them, BUT I wouldn't take Tiburon's word on anything at this point.

The FG thing is getting fixed, but no one knows when the patch is coming.

In short, we're as lost as you guys. :\

Jarate

Banned
I'm pretty sure the nanoblitzes can be beat by a nice pitch play. If he stacks everyone in the middle, push the ball outside. If it works well their should be plenty of room for your runningbacks to un for 5 to 6 yards every play

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Jarate said:
I'm pretty sure the nanoblitzes can be beat by a nice pitch play. If he stacks everyone in the middle, push the ball outside. If it works well their should be plenty of room for your runningbacks to un for 5 to 6 yards every play

The QB gets easily sacked on Toss plays even without stacking it like that. ive probably called 4 toss plays where the ball never even made it to the RB

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i will be opening the franchise up for sign ins tomorrow. when everyone is signed in, play begins!

just don't be mad at me with some of the omissions present at this time! (i cannot overturn games, no draft pick trading, no scouting, no sliders, no speed adjustments, no turning off fight for the fumble, no cap/contracts, team stats are missing, etc.)

this stuff maybe fixed soon or may not so i guess it makes sense to start now!
shakehead.gif

Went to sign in, the website says the server is down at the moment. Will try again later.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The only thing that concerns me this year is that I cannot freaking run. It's almost shameful. :lol

Thankfully with the combination of the game being slower and the ints being dropped so often, my passing game is better. :lol Sucks that the league speed is fast.

BigAT

Wellington said:
BigAT if you are home tonight I would love to play you. You use the Giants right? I would have no problem using another team.

I would definitely be down for a game. I don't know if tonight is great, I'm supposed to go to the Scranton/Iron Pigs game. My sister lives out there and it'll be nice to get to check out Austin Jackson in person. It's supposed to rain though, so there's still a chance I'll be around. If not tonight, then sometime soon for sure.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Just logged into the league. It's not perfect, but the site is pretty slick. Not sure why they decided to have so much wasted space on each page though.

CB3 said:
The QB gets easily sacked on Toss plays even without stacking it like that. ive probably called 4 toss plays where the ball never even made it to the RB
This!

I wish I could have captured what happened on toss plays, poor Romo didn't even have a chance... :(

LiveWire

There's no join option for the league on EA's website (it has a lock symbol, says current status is 13/32 teams joined). Hopefully signing in on the 360 tonight will work.

the last spot is down to BigAT and Bigjohnnson. there may possibly be one extra spot opening (i don't know for sure yet) and then they would both get in. we'll see tonight!

DCX

DCX
nfl_pennington_ryan2_576.jpg

26-21

Falcons take the opener. Ugly game that was decided on lazy duck ints that went back for 6. Turner had a decent day on the ground and Gonzo had big first down catches.

Miami suffered injuries all game including Charmin Pennington. The Wildcat was in effect and working for a while but coach Pheeniks went away from it. Tough loss for the Dolphins who play the Colts next week and the Falcons take on division rival Carolina.

DCX

Fifty

LiveWire said:
There's no join option for the league on EA's website (it has a lock symbol, says current status is 13/32 teams joined). Hopefully signing in on the 360 tonight will work.

It will. I don't think you can join private leagues from the site, which is just laughable.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DCX said:

Waiting on when/if the stats of your game show up on the web page. Since it's the first game, we can use it to gage the accuracy and time delay of this info.

At 15 minutes after, I'm not seeing anything on the page.

2 minutes later, I can see it when looking at the schedule, and going to this weeks game. But not on the overall standings page.

Buuuuut....Looking at the individual statistics for the game, and the Miami players are listed under the Atlanta icon, and vice versa. Who had the most yards overall? It's got Miami having 499 total yards to Atlanta's 311.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Waiting on when/if the stats of your game show up on the web page. Since it's the first game, we can use it to gage the accuracy and time delay of this info.

At 15 minutes after, I'm not seeing anything on the page.

2 minutes later, I can see it when looking at the schedule, and going to this weeks game. But not on the overall standings page.
i think the standing update after week is advanced. In game the standing still show 0-0 for everyone, although on my team sched it shows 1-0 and league leaders and all related stats are updated. I can't access the website for some reason.

DCX

Rorschach

Fifty said:
It will. I don't think you can join private leagues from the site, which is just laughable.
Lonestar said:
Buuuuut....Looking at the individual statistics for the game, and the Miami players are listed under the Atlanta icon, and vice versa.
It's Beta! I like how they have the balls to make us beta test their shit when we have to pay for this. It's genius, really.

Anywhooo.....

Smokey: When do you want to play?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DCX said:
26-21

Falcons take the opener. Ugly game that was decided on lazy duck ints that went back for 6. Turner had a decent day on the ground and Gonzo had big first down catches.

Miami suffered injuries all game including Charmin Pennington. The Wildcat was in effect and working for a while but coach Pheeniks went away from it. Tough loss for the Dolphins who play the Colts next week and the Falcons take on division rival Carolina.

DCX

Notice anything weird here? The stats are on the wrong freaking team! I hope this gets fixed.

3840356140_775a93fdbf_o.jpg

BEATEN!!!!!!!

The scoring summary page is all fucked up too. I tried following the progression of the game, and it's just a clusterfuck....

DM, I'm free till about noon today, otherwise I'll have to catch you tomorrow as I'm pretty booked the rest of the day/evening

Picture4-1.png

Top Bottom