• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang i didn't know you could actually start playing the games before it was full!

i'll update the original post. sorry bro's!
Are we still planning on advancing on Wednesdays and Saturdays?

Smokey

Lonestar said:
Look at Smokey, going for it on 4th down twice!

SIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMM :lol

uh..i was down by a touchdown with less than 4 - 5 minutes to go w/ that accelerated clock shit on which makes it go even faster. it's not like it was 4th and 7 or some shit. Both of them were 4th and 2 or 3 in his territory, so i'd appreciate it if you didn't try and call me out on something you don't know about.

thanks

and the op doesn't say anything about 4th down rules yet so i used my judgement to decide if it was ok or not. so :lol :lol :lol away.

SMOKE

Banned
I just played a pub game and I swear I am not going to play against the EAGLES no more!!!

This dude was losing but liked sending me messages over PSN telling me how he gonna VICKtimize me all day. I'm like whatever fuck it!

Well he does just that but ends up fumbling and loses the fight for the fumble twice, I get a lead with the first fumble and this second one sealed the deal for him and scamble master vick.

He scores at the end on some haile mary shit to curtis and went for the 2pt conversion, he hijes the ball and runs straight backwards to the other endzone and theres no one chsing him but my dlinemen and he ran around in circles around them for over 5 minutes until he decided to get close enough to the goaline for me to click on a DB and end that shit.

The most frustrating shit in my whole madden career and I dont want to go thru that shit ever!!!

He didnt even slow up or get tired man he did this shit and got me tired as if I was chasing him.

And then I get called a bum and how weak and sorry I am blah blah blah...

woodchuck

I'm organizing a Madden tournament at my school. I want each game to last about 30 minutes. Anyone have some good clock settings?

LJ11

How do you join from your PC? I'm on the site, found the Neogaf franchise, but it's set to private and gives me no option to enter a password.

DCX

DCX
LJ11 said:
How do you join from your PC? I'm on the site, found the Neogaf franchise, but it's set to private and gives me no option to enter a password.
Can't...only in game.

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Smokey said:
uh..i was down by a touchdown with less than 4 - 5 minutes to go w/ that accelerated clock shit on which makes it go even faster. it's not like it was 4th and 7 or some shit. Both of them were 4th and 2 or 3 in his territory, so i'd appreciate it if you didn't try and call me out on something you don't know about.

thanks

and the op doesn't say anything about 4th down rules yet so i used my judgement to decide if it was ok or not. so :lol :lol :lol away.

the exagerrated "SIIIIIIIIIMM :lol" is still not enough to show a jovial prodding?

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
Are we still planning on advancing on Wednesdays and Saturdays?
I think it will take at least 2 weeks for everyone to get signed in, so I doubt it.

[edit] Maybe it's not so bad. 23 teams have signed in. Teams that haven't yet:

Titans
Steelers
Texans
Chiefs
Jaguars
Panthers
Seahawks
Cardinals
Bills

Ramirez

AirBrian said:
Ramirez, when can you play? I'll be ready sometime around 8 PM (CDT) tonight if you're around.

Hmm, not sure if I'll be around at that time, I'll be on Live right now if you happen to get on earlier than planned. :)

GCQuinton

Rorschach said:
I think it will take at least 2 weeks for everyone to get signed in, so I doubt it.

Titans
Steelers
Texans
Chiefs
Jaguars
Seahawks
Cardinals
Bills

Just signed in with the Panthers.

Striker

daw840 said:
Striker. What happened? That was actually a really good game.
2nd Quarter it started thundering (raining before), and lightning came and power went off.

It just did again (I'm on wireless laptop).

FUCK

And that was a close game. Injuries were lol in the beginning, but overall nothing too bad. Are you free tonight? I am for a little bit, but I highly doubt I'll be able to do anything online with this storm.

daw840

Ah, I will be around for most of tonight. Probably going to bed around 10:30pm CST. So, if your power comes back on, let me know.

And yes, those injuries in the first quarter were fucking ridiculous. My heart sank when AP got injured on the first play.`

Birdman02

Rorschach said:

Titans
Steelers
Texans
Chiefs
Jaguars
Panthers
Seahawks
Cardinals
Bills

Jaguars will be signed in in the next hour or so.

Striker

daw840 said:
Ah, I will be around for most of tonight. Probably going to bed around 10:30pm CST. So, if your power comes back on, let me know.

And yes, those injuries in the first quarter were fucking ridiculous. My heart sank when AP got injured on the first play.`
AP goes out, and Brady Quinn got hurt too, but both for only a couple plays. :lol :\

My power is on now, but no way I'm risking it for 60 minutes for it to screw us/you over again. Game wasn't over, but I still needed eight points in 7 minutes left to go in the game.

If we can't do it tonight for whatever reason, I'll be around tomorrow after 3 PM.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've never felt so betrayed by my offense! The most telling stat - Livewire did not have a first down until the five minutes left in the third quarter! But what can I say, this is exactly what I wanted - the whole non-robo QB.

I just don't get it. All "Preseason" I tear guys up through the air, including my opponent today. All of a sudden Eli decides to stink it up. Twice in Redskin territory he threw bogus passes that were picked off.

Exhibit A. Eli throws up a duck to no one in particular (Neither Giant receiver is in position to make a play). Just a soft lob up the middle when I was looking to hit my tight end underneath.

Exhibit B. My 91 rated C wants to attack the second level, leaving me short staffed along the line for the fake FB handoff.

Exhibit C. The pass was intended for Boss, who was a good 4-5 yards away from where the ball went. Way behind him. That one was mindboggling.

This all just means my defense has to be EXTRA shutdown the rest of the season.

FYI, before hopping into a game, check your depth chart. Some things were screwy.

Lessons have been learned, corrections will be made. Time to open up Texas Stadium 2.0.

LiveWire

Ladies and gents, there's a new Beast in the East. :D

Redskins offense was flat for most of the game, but came through in the 4th on a time-killing drive where Big Mike Sellers dominated the Giants front four. Redskins' first play of the season? Jason Campbell throws an INT. :lol

But the Skins D feasted on Eli's bad decisions. 3 INTs for the former Super Bowl MVP. Rocky McIntosh had 2, the first one on the very next drive after the Giants intercepted Campbell. It was returned for a 75-yard TD.

McIntosh's 2nd INT:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8616136
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8616139

Kevin Barnes' (rookie!) INT:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8616112

Portis takes a pass in the flat to the house, 75 yards:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8616110

Finally, LaRon Landry pops Bradshaw on the Giants' last-ditch drive and Chris Horton recovers to seal the deal:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8616193

Let this serve as notice as to who the team to beat in the NFC East is, chumps! :D

SUPERBOWL, BABY, SUPERBOWL!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ramirez

Wellington said:
I've never felt so betrayed by my offense! The most telling stat - Livewire did not have a first down until the five minutes left in the third quarter! But what can I say, this is exactly what I wanted - the whole non-robo QB.

I just don't get it. All "Preseason" I tear guys up through the air, including my opponent today. All of a sudden Eli decides to stink it up. Twice in Redskin territory he threw bogus passes that were picked off.

Exhibit A. Eli throws up a duck to no one in particular (Neither Giant receiver is in position to make a play). Just a soft lob up the middle when I was looking to hit my tight end underneath.

Exhibit B. My 91 rated C wants to attack the second level, leaving me short staffed along the line for the fake FB handoff.

Exhibit C. The pass was intended for Boss, who was a good 4-5 yards away from where the ball went. Way behind him. That one was mindboggling.

This all just means my defense has to be EXTRA shutdown the rest of the season.

FYI, before hopping into a game, check your depth chart. Some things were screwy.

Lessons have been learned, corrections will be made. Time to open up Texas Stadium 2.0.

Well, I checked my depth chart after my game just now and everything was right, but during the game they had Polamalu playing ROLB pretty much all game and William Gay at Safety. I actually didn't notice until about half way through. :lol I hope this isn't a bug...

daw840

Ramirez said:
Well, I checked my depth chart after my game just now and everything was right, but during the game they had Polamalu playing ROLB pretty much all game and William Gay at Safety. I actually didn't notice until about half way through. :lol I hope this isn't a bug...

I noticed Jared Allen was playing on the opposite side as he is supposed to be. This is weird.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
I had Nicks at my #2 instead of slot. Kiwanuka was at DT on all plays instead of Canty (Wtf?). Hixon returned KOs and Bradshaw returned punts, which should be flipped. Dunno what happened, but I was not too happy when I noticed it was Kiwi the whole time there.

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:

It resets your depth chart half based on best players at each position, half based on totally random nothingness.

some updates on the OF problems:

1st an update:
The good news is they have fixed the issue of missing stats. All of my stats that were missing on offense are now showing. Hopefully that does it and we won't see the issue again.

I think the problem of entire user vs. user games not being recorded may have well been an issue with only my franchise since it appears I was the only one reporting that issue. I've started up a new franchise for testing for my 32 man league and hopefully we won't have any more issues. Right now LD is drifting farther and farther away and i am very impressed with how well they've been hammering these bugs out.

The bad news, I have noticed that a lot of the offensive stats that are reporting are not being added to the player's total stats correctly. I looked at a few and I think the ones not reporting may be the same stats that are listed under the wrong team on the website. Hopefully that may be the case and we can get another relatively easy fix in.

Hey bgdave, I sent you a pm message, and is there any way we can ask these developers to add the option for gameplay speed on the online franchise.

They know people want this and i am pretty sure they will look at adding th option for slow speed after they get through some of the bugs. I assure you theyare aware though, just bigger fish to fry first.

Can we also find out why there are so many bugs when the EA team played in at least one season of online franchise before release?

Regardless of what a lot of guys may believe, EA and its devs had a pretty big challenge in getting this thing up and running and I think they were pretty crunched on time. They probably ran through their tests pretty quickly towards the end of the dev cycle and I am pretty sure a lot of their testing was after the game was finalized. Hard for 21 or so guys to find the same stuff that 2 million do. Those 2 million do more in 10 mins than the dev team could do in a month as far as testing.

And isn't there an issue with the college drafts turning out in the same order each time?

Please expand. I haven't made it all the way through to the draft since we've been actually playing a lot of the games to test possible settings for realism for our league. I haven't seen anyone else say anything about this yet. What's the issue?

Ian is on vacation this week so hopefully some of this stuff gets addressed in the coming week. I'm not saying it'll get fixed right away but at least maybe he'll acknowledge that they are working on the problems.

Jarate

Banned
I think i might ragequit this game, every fucking single game i've played i've been screwed over multiple times. This game is totally luck and defeats the whole purpose of a football game. There should be no fucking reason for me to lose at all, yet I lose. WTF, I can see maybe once or twice I get a little unlucky, but no, I just get screwed over time and time again. Fuck this shit, i'll go play some Tecmo Superbowl, where at least there when the computer is cheap, i can just zig zag instead of getting screwed over constantly

Rorschach

Jarate said:
I think i might ragequit this game, every fucking single game i've played i've been screwed over multiple times. This game is totally luck and defeats the whole purpose of a football game. There should be no fucking reason for me to lose at all, yet I lose. WTF, I can see maybe once or twice I get a little unlucky, but no, I just get screwed over time and time again. Fuck this shit, i'll go play some Tecmo Superbowl, where at least there when the computer is cheap, i can just zig zag instead of getting screwed over constantly
No one ever wins at this game.

picture-2.jpg

LJ11

I signed up, thought you guys were playing preseason games with all the roster resetting talk, but I was dead wrong.

So what's the deal, we have to reorder them at half even if I set my depth chart in the options menu?

EA does a horrible job with removing/adding players on rosters. They removed two guys I wanted to use in some capacity, they've been on the team since last season, just to add a couple of off the street players that are currently on the Bills roster because of minor injuries.

Lonestar, let me know what works best for you.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I signed up, thought you guys were playing preseason games with all the roster resetting talk, but I was dead wrong.

So what's the deal, we have to reorder them at half even if I set my depth chart in the options menu?

EA does a horrible job with removing/adding players on rosters. They removed two guys I wanted to use in some capacity, they've been on the team since last season, just to add a couple of off the street players that are currently on the Bills roster because of minor injuries.

They don't have all my WRs in... among other things...

Anyway, you don't have to reset them at the half. At least, mine didn't. I did have some problems with my MLB switching around for no fucking reason, but only for a few plays. Unfortunately, it was for some big plays, but it was only 3 or so.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:

Sometime tomorrow afternoon (6 pm CST to whenever), don't have time tonight unfortunatly.

Somnia

TheCrow said:
:D

I am loving the upgrades to the broncos o-line. It gives me more time to air it out
with kyle orton :(

You able to play tonight? Shoot me an AIM @ Somnia1982 if so. Otherwise I'm available anytime after 6pm cst tomorrow night.

TheCrow

Somnia said:
You able to play tonight? Shoot me an AIM @ Somnia1982 if so. Otherwise I'm available anytime after 6pm cst tomorrow night.

Yeah, I can play. Lets see how my dorm's internet holds up.

Top Bottom