• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

AstroLad said:
damn wellie i thought the carrmobile would lead the comeback there for a while was clinging on all game. hooray for cheap things like injuries to your starting qb in the first few minutes! beggars can't be choosers!

high_five-thumb-500x332.jpg

Smokey

LJ11 said:
Toliver > Phelps

Hmm..

Production wise they are about the same, attribute wise he has the edge barely.

All though you could argue I'm getting more out of Phelps since he is rated lower!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
damn wellie i thought the carrmobile would lead the comeback there for a while was clinging on all game. hooray for cheap things like injuries to your starting qb in the first few minutes! beggars can't be choosers!
That loss was infuriating for a number of reasons. Normally I don't post replays but these are just fucking unbelievable.

Along with losing Eli on the second play from scrimmage for a few weeks here is a little breakdown.

Carr's first pick.
I say Carr's because that shit definitely isn't mine. Carr way overthrows the receiver, to the point where the safety ten yards back gets the pick.

Carr wanted to make up for that one. Instead of over throwing he figured he'd UNDERTHROW this time, and on top of that go behind the receiver. Take a look.

And here's a perfect picture of what the game was like.

3rd and 2, 3:10 left in the game I desperately need a stop. FOUR guys there to make a tackle, Wells powers through them.

The D played superbly considering the horrendous field position provided by Carr, but it was too much to overcome in the end.

-------
On a more serious note, to the commishes. Game is over and I accept the loss, but here is a play that happened before the half.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13291891

I run a route out with Boss, he catches it and breaks away from the defender and is free and clear headed to paydirt. My RB trailing the play decides to block the chasing defender in the back, the one that Boss had already beaten and was increasing the distance on. The penalty is called and I am fucking robbed of a TD. Difference in the game was, of course, a TD.

I understand the competitive nature of the league, and I understand that there is no way to determine if a hold or a clip "springs" a play, but can we do something about these penalties? I don't even know what to do, to be honest. It's clear I got flat out jobbed on that one.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
didn't LJ beat you head to head? that is the tie breaker my friend!

not that it matters. rookie of the year is already going to jacky boy

Yes but Rivers was being a jackass that day and couldn't water in the ocean, so the stud rookie suffered as a result.

But Azaveus has now found his comfort zone!

and lol and jacky

bluemax

Banned
Matrix said:
Bluemax, when are you free to beat my wonderful Chiefs?

Turner again :lol

Madden league losing that sim feeling.

You still around? I can go tonight. Otherwise tomorrow after about 7:30pm PST.

LJ11

Pancake blocks are also completely broken, along with tackles. Wood planted a guy twice in the run game and he got no credit. They always credit the sacks, but nothing on the pancake side. Not sure what affect it has on progression.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
definitely if there was a way to know when a bad call was made i would decline it. i honestly don't even pay attention at this point, being the second most penalized team in the league i just go meh holding ok clipping whatever. never actually see any of them

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
bluemax said:
You still around? I can go tonight. Otherwise tomorrow after about 7:30pm PST.

Can you still play? cause I'm around and ready to lose

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
haha yea well that won't happen in this game... chiefs D ready to bring nothing!

ok going on

i know its frustrating but there really isn't a way to combat bogus penalties aside from declining all of them. you can't replay stuff online immediately, so how do you know where it's called? what if it legitimately called when a d-lineman is pushed down and it allows the qb enough time to complete the TD pass?

i've been screwed plenty of times on penalties (td's and otherwise). just like in real life sometimes you get a bullshit call your way and sometimes it goes against you. i dont see anyway to regulate holding calls. they happen so infrequently its just unfortunate it happens on a TD play for you

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Pancake blocks are also completely broken, along with tackles. Wood planted a guy twice in the run game and he got no credit. They always credit the sacks, but nothing on the pancake side. Not sure what affect it has on progression.
Miller absolutely wrecked Ray Lewis and didn't get credit. All for nothing!

Also, they credited Mario Henderson for a sack when it was actually Gallery's fault. :\

Matrix

5 f-ing drops, one that should have been a late td imo...wtf Bowe dropping that. I hate this f-ing team

GG bluemax, Chiefs can't stop any running back.

Just when I get back into the game with a fumble recovery td, my special teams gives up a 103 kr td :lol

bluemax

Banned
Matrix said:
5 f-ing drops, one that should have been a late td imo...wtf Bowe dropping that. I hate this f-ing team

GG bluemax, Chiefs can't stop any running back.

Just when I get back into the game with a fumble recovery td, my special teams gives up a 103 kr td :lol

GG, I thought you were maybe trying to run with the ball too soon or something but maybe it was just the WR dropping shit.

That early FG miss ended up being pretty big because it would've been a 7 point game at the end and your dudes were getting beyond me on the Rex Grossman specials.

Wish I'd scored TDs on my first two RZ trips would've been a different game.

Also fun fact, that was the first sack allowed by my o line all season. Must be why Hasslebeck fumbled he was so surprised to be actually pressured!

On the KR stuff, I was wondering who would break on first, you or me since we were both getting good returns. I came close 2 or 3 other times but your kicker got me. That time I managed to squeeze through a few dudes and there was no one left to catch him. Not bad for a low round rookie.

I need to upload some plays tomorrow, I was annoyed at how my FS ran backwards 8 yards on an INT despite me holding up on the stick.

GG, now I'm back to .500 with my next two being the Raiders and Chargers I think :( 2-4 here I come.

bluemax

Banned
FMT down 24-7 in the second it looks like. Guess Jack English had to turn into a rookie at some point.

BTW LeRon James has 500 or so yards of offense and 6 rushing TDs. I think I'll match my season total of rushing yards in the next two weeks give or take.

Edit: Now 27-10 in the third!

TheCrow

bluemax said:
33-10! I assume an XP is forthcoming.

I'm going to bed. Can't wait to see the write up in the morning though.

Theres not much to say. My D stepped up and I made big plays happen early.

EDIT: GG FMT

But the early lead proved to be too much. I had a few scares there but my defense played great for the most part. Offensively I played conservatively because I didn't want to give you any momentum.

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
Looks like Crow's Broncos certainly speak English.

Thought you were making fun of my grammar. :(

I was able to hold English to no TD passes. The CPU broncos can't say the same. :lol

God damn

Your DB's had glue on their hands at the end there =/

It was nice getting a TD pass of 60 and then 77 yards to AJ on my first 2 offensive plays though :p

GG

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG. That first play was awful. I picked my play, looked at the coverage and where everyone was, and as soon as you snap the ball, i had a brain fart. I literally had no idea what or who i was supposed to cover with dawkins. Then i saw the open middle and figured it out

Westbrook goes over 200 yards again. With AP injured this is my year for the rushing title!

CB3 said:
GG. That first play was awful. I picked my play, looked at the coverage and where everyone was, and as soon as you snap the ball, i had a brain fart. I literally had no idea what or who i was supposed to cover with dawkins. Then i saw the open middle and figured it out

Yea, I figured you were asleep or something lol

Westbrook may have gone over 200 but AJ had 10 catches for 252.......and Moss had 135 or something

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I usually dont play this late at night. my reflex's go to shit. especially after hours of MW2. I was breaking so late on everything with Dawk. I had to start doubling in the second half. Which didnt work. Nothing really worked besides my DB's stepping up in the redzone

By the way the highlight of this game wasnt even the win. I got the Buzzkill achievement for picking off a pass intended for Moss. 40 Points!

Rorschach

CB3 said:

By the way the highlight of this game wasnt even the win
. I got the Buzzkill achievement for picking off a pass intended for Moss. 40 Points!
smh. Don't talk like this. The next step is buying Eragon and playing it all the way through.

Wellington said:
Along with losing Eli on the second play from scrimmage for a few weeks here is a little breakdown.

Carr's first pick.
I say Carr's because that shit definitely isn't mine. Carr way overthrows the receiver, to the point where the safety ten yards back gets the pick.

3rd and 2, 3:10 left in the game I desperately need a stop. FOUR guys there to make a tackle, Wells powers through them.

1st video: that does suck, but with no pressure on you at all look how open the wr on the left was.

3rd video: link points to the 2nd video.

DM whats your availability look like? ie when would you like to beat me?

daw840

Whomever I play. I will be around after 4:00pm CST tonight, and pretty much every night. I will be playing MW2 mostly, so just post here if you can play or send me an XBL message.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigAT said:
Lonestar, when do you want to play today?

I'll be home around 6 pm CST, and I'll be ready to go. Yesterday, I just had to finish the campaign for MW2, which I did.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
1st video: that does suck, but with no pressure on you at all look how open the wr on the left was.

3rd video: link points to the 2nd video.

DM whats your availability look like? ie when would you like to beat me?
Fixed thanks.

You are right on the first. I saw it was a zone but assumed it was a cover three. Both Nicks and Smith were open.

I may have to roll with a different PB for the next few games. I may just run a full time Wildcat with Bradshaw playing the role of Ronnie Brown. :-O

I am definitely going to go with Bomar instead of Carr. Carr is just awful (Yes, worse than JRuss if you look at the attributes!)

LiveWire

Wellington said:

Carr's first pick.

Carr wanted to make up for that one. Instead of over throwing he figured he'd UNDERTHROW this time, and on top of that go behind the receiver. Take a look.

Welcome to my world with Jason Campbell.

Wellington said:
On a more serious note, to the commishes. Game is over and I accept the loss, but here is a play that happened before the half.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13291891

I run a route out with Boss, he catches it and breaks away from the defender and is free and clear headed to paydirt. My RB trailing the play decides to block the chasing defender in the back, the one that Boss had already beaten and was increasing the distance on. The penalty is called and I am fucking robbed of a TD. Difference in the game was, of course, a TD.

I understand the competitive nature of the league, and I understand that there is no way to determine if a hold or a clip "springs" a play, but can we do something about these penalties? I don't even know what to do, to be honest. It's clear I got flat out jobbed on that one.

I had a TD called back last season for Portis or Moss, can't remember which, but Devin Thomas came in late and decided to do that same thing to the last defender chasing the ballcarrier. I think I still won that game, but at the time I was down by a TD and on 3rd down at my end of the field, so it was a drive killer. Shit happens. :/

Wellington said:
Fixed thanks.

You are right on the first. I saw it was a zone but assumed it was a cover three. Both Nicks and Smith were open.

I may have to roll with a different PB for the next few games. I may just run a full time Wildcat with Bradshaw playing the role of Ronnie Brown. :-O

I am definitely going to go with Bomar instead of Carr. Carr is just awful (Yes, worse than JRuss if you look at the attributes!)

with those qb options, I'd just go to a run heavy playbook and pound it with bradshaw/jacobs all day. That or try and trade with somebody... see if Blue would trade you Jason Campbell :lol

Smokey

CB3 said:
Westbrook goes over 200 yards again. With AP injured this is my year for the rushing title!

lol

a guy named Michael Turner laughs at you.

TheCrow said:
Theres not much to say. My D stepped up and I made big plays happen early.

EDIT: GG FMT

But the early lead proved to be too much. I had a few scares there but my defense played great for the most part. Offensively I played conservatively because I didn't want to give you any momentum.

Good win. You're 4-0, quite a turn around from last season.

HOWEVA..we do dance in week 5..big division game...can't wait :) !

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gonna be an epic showdown next week fmt. too bad about thecrow game, was looking forward to giving you your first loss. actually getting my first win that game would have been a fun storyline too, but i guess God wanted to start returning order to the nfc west sooner rather than later (much like in real life)

TheCrow

Smokey said:
Good win. You're 4-0, quite a turn around from last season.

HOWEVA..we do dance in week 5..big division game...can't wait :) !

:lol

I am one win away from my total amount of wins last season. :D

I am looking forward to my game against you. Either I am the first team to stop Turner or you are the first team to run on my defense. A win would go a long way in making my run legit. Should be fun.

Mrbob

daw840 said:
Whomever I play. I will be around after 4:00pm CST tonight, and pretty much every night. I will be playing MW2 mostly, so just post here if you can play or send me an XBL message.

I sent you a couple aim messages last night, whomever you play? :lol

I should be home around 4:30 cst today! Lets get this done, we'll see who can tank better!

Smokey

TheCrow said:

I am one win away from my total amount of wins last season. :D

I am looking forward to my game against you. Either I am the first team to stop Turner or you are the first team to run on my defense. A win would go a long way in making my run legit. Should be fun.

LJ did a really good job of containing him. It didn't help that I was trying to do somethings different which also backfired. So that game helped put things into perspective and stick to what works.

And that is why..Michael Turner has awakened.

Who did you add on defense in the offseason/draft to make such a big turnaround?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Houston is just throwing the ball every down :lol Clean up the INT's, man!

I'll give you my defense and Wes Welker, for AJ, Moss, and your Defense :p

TheCrow

Smokey said:
LJ did a really good job of containing him. It didn't help that I was trying to do somethings different which also backfired. So that game helped put things into perspective and stick to what works.

And that is why..Michael Turner has awakened.

Who did you add on defense in the offseason/draft to make such a big turnaround?

It's not so much the change in players. Since most of my players are young progression helped quite a bit. My defense has been playing well ever since I switched playbooks after getting destroyed by Rors. Since then I think I have gone 8-1. My turn around really started late last season.

Knowshon doesn't get any love. I make good use of a running back with a 86 rating in speed. :D

daw840

Mrbob said:

I sent you a couple aim messages last night, whomever you play? :lol

I should be home around 4:30 cst today! Lets get this done, we'll see who can tank better!

Dear Whomever,

That will acquiesce to my schedule in a grand fashion. It is refreshing to see that you are taking your virtual footballing responsibilities seriously this week and completing your assigned game prior to the scheduled deadline, bravo sir. I look forward to a pleasant sporting event today at the hour of 4:30pm. I must extend my sincerest apologies for not responding to your instant messages of yesterday. I was celebrating the day of my birth and not in the area of my computing device.

Best Wishes,
daw840

Top Bottom