• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AirBrian

Fifty said:
Ugh, Airbrian really wasn't able to play for another 3 days?

I see that Smokey played the CPU within minutes of advancing, and surprise surprise, Turner got another 223 yards!

I know to expect unrealistic stats for all CPU games, and basically for anyone smokey plays, but 35 points in the 2nd quarter? that's so insane I don't even know what to think.
Yep, my flight gets in at 12:08 AM on Sunday night/Monday morning. :-(

Mrbob

Daw I'll be home between 4:30-5pm, then we will roll!

Of course we are tempting fate playing Madden today. I'm expecting Modern Warfare 2 is going to crash Xbox Live in the next 24 hours.

daw840

Mrbob said:
Daw I'll be home between 4:30-5pm, then we will roll!

Of course we are tempting fate playing Madden today. I'm expecting Modern Warfare 2 is going to crash Xbox Live in the next 24 hours.

Oh shit!!! EMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Smokey

TheCrow said:
It's not so much the change in players. Since most of my players are young progression helped quite a bit. My defense has been playing well ever since I switched playbooks after getting destroyed by Rors. Since then I think I have gone 8-1. My turn around really started late last season.

Knowshon doesn't get any love. I make good use of a running back with a 86 rating in speed. :D

That's good.

Nice to see you have some success. I always thought you were much better than your record indicated last season.

That said...

I'll be more than happy to hand you that first loss next week!

Bring the heat!

TheCrow

Smokey said:
That's good.

Nice to see you have some success. I always thought you were much better than your record indicated last season.

That said...

I'll be more than happy to hand you that first loss next week!

Bring the heat!

We'll see about that. :D

I do like how our division is looking. Rors and Smokey are really good and looks like I'll do just fine. We just need matrix to rebuild. It would be nice to see 3 teams with 10+ wins in our division at the end of the year.

Smokey

TheCrow said:

I do like how our division is looking. Rors and Smokey are really good and looks like I'll do just fine. We just need matrix to rebuild. It would be nice to see 3 teams with 10+ wins in our division at the end of the year.

AFC Best > NFC Beast

Somnia

Bird when can you play? I'm off work today and tomorrow. I'll be on AIM (Somnia1982) in away mode all day. Just shoot me a message on there and I'll respond.

DCX

DCX
sableholic said:
with those qb options, I'd just go to a run heavy playbook and pound it with bradshaw/jacobs all day. That or try and trade with somebody... see if Blue would trade you Jason Campbell :lol
I'd trade him Culpepper. ROLB please :D

DCX

Birdman02

Somnia said:
Bird when can you play? I'm off work today and tomorrow. I'll be on AIM (Somnia1982) in away mode all day. Just shoot me a message on there and I'll respond.

I'll be home from work around 7 est tonight. I can play anytime after that...as long as it's before or after the Mavs game. I'll sign into AIM when I get home, and we can figure out a time.

Rorschach

Carr isn't THAT bad. He's better than last year's JRuss and has a way better deep ball.

Just don't lead your receivers and you'll be fine.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
TheCrow said:

That could take a decade.

CK, give me Carr. I'll bring his magical arm back to life!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Carr isn't THAT bad. He's better than last year's JRuss and has a way better deep ball.

Just don't lead your receivers and you'll be fine.
Impossible. If so I don't know how you got so many wins.

Matrix said:
CK, give me Carr. I'll bring his magical arm back to life!

Carr for Bowe.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Striker,

I have family in town until tomorrow. I have a softball game tomorrow night. Perhaps I can play tomorrow at 930EST. If not, we can shoot for Friday night or this weekend.

LiveWire

Smokey and Crow's discussion got me thinking. I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy checking the franchise site to catch up on scores from each game and theorize how unplayed matchups and future weeks are going to pan out. I thought to myself, each week to hype matchups we should have something to generate discussion. So, to provide a little more entertainment for us all
and because it's a Wednesday and I'm really bored at work
I decided to create:

2wqesnc.jpg

I'll start with Week 5 matchups.

5jxroh.jpg
(-16) @
5z1xl5.jpg
O/U = 51.5 Line = (-400, +425)

2d6ny48.jpg
(+4) @
2lvmttl.jpg
O/U = 50.0 Line = (+165, -135)

oggpqe.jpg
(+3) @
xer7kw.jpg
O/U = 44.5 Line = (+135, -135)

1971mw.jpg
(-6) @
2uzw6r6.jpg
O/U = 49.5 Line = (-165, +190)

5pfojq.jpg
(+8) @
jt2t85.jpg
O/U = 58.0 Line = (+235, -205)

5b5non.jpg
(+17) @
28vejc5.jpg
O/U = 53.5 Line = (+530, -495)

2we9ob5.jpg
(-13) @
250o5n6.jpg
O/U = 40.5 Line = (-240, +275)

54sj0g.jpg
(+17) @
6eoqap.jpg
O/U = 52.5 Line = (+600, -565)

34hg9ih.jpg
(-4) @
34t8hky.jpg
O/U = 50.5 Line = (-140, +160)

124908n.jpg
(-7) @
2j0jpn9.jpg
O/U = 51.5 Line = (-185, +215)

1zr1h82.jpg
(-7) @
wa1zt2.jpg
O/U = 49.0 Line = (-195, +225)

2rr8e9d.jpg
(-4) @
5n7lmr.jpg
O/U = 49.5 Line = (-150, +185)

ay0bjm.jpg
(-6) @
ww0j0p.jpg
O/U = 51.5 Line = (-200, +240)

2efjqxl.jpg
(-4) @
huimj9.jpg
O/U = 50.0 Line = (-190, +210)

daw840

I have always been confused by these odds calculations. Please will someone explain this to me.

What does over/under mean?

What does (-4) mean?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh goody, now I can legitimately ask this question:

2we9ob5.jpg
(-13) @
250o5n6.jpg
O/U = 40.5

Is this good or bad???? :lol

I don't bet, and have never really cared for Lines and all that, but it always confused me, the negative or positive points.

I guess our game is going to be the lowest scoring game of the week!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
daw840 said:
I have always been confused by these odds calculations. Please will someone explain this to me.

Roughly speaking, the expected total score. People can get even odds on the score being "under" or "over" that amount.

What does (-4) mean?
-x means you get even odds if your pick wins by more than x points. +x means you get even odds if your team loses by less than x points (or wins of course). So -13 means you are favored to win by 13.

I really like the idea LW. I might even make picks just for fun. That is the kind of shit the franchise mode should have--allow you to pick games and win "points" for in-game avatar garb or some such useless junk.

LiveWire

daw840 said:

What does (-4) mean?

Over/Under is the bet on what the final, combined score of the two teams will be. Take a look at your teams' line.

An O/U of 50.0 means that you bet on whether you think the final score total will be 51 points and over, OR 49 points and lower. The point spread is dependent upon how you want to write the order of the teams (either the favorite or underdog being written first). I chose to be consistent with the location of the games (AWAY vs. HOME) and adjusted the spreads accordingly. A team that is a favorite has to spot points to an underdog. So, by saying Giants (-4), I'm saying the Giants are favored to win by MORE than 4 points. For betting purposes, if you were to bet on the Vikings to cover the spread, they'd have to pull within 4 points of the Giants (even if the Vikings lose the game) to win the bet. If the game was in New York instead of Minnesota, I'd write Vikings (+4) @ Giants. Make sense?

LJ11

It means your favored to win, bet will pay out if you score more than 13. In daw's case Wellie is favored to win. Negative numbers you're favored, positive you're not.

Edit: Beaten

daw840

LiveWire said:
Over/Under is the bet on what the final, combined score of the two teams will be. Take a look at your teams' line.

An O/U of 50.0 means that you bet on whether you think the final score total will be 51 points and over, OR 49 points and lower. The point spread is dependent upon how you want to write the order of the teams (either the favorite or underdog being written first). I chose to be consistent with the location of the games (AWAY vs. HOME) and adjusted the spreads accordingly. A team that is a favorite has to spot points to an underdog. So, by saying Giants (-4), I'm saying the Giants are favored to win by MORE than 4 points. For betting purposes, if you were to bet on the Vikings to cover the spread, they'd have to pull within 4 points of the Giants (even if the Vikings lose the game) to win the bet. If the game was in New York instead of Minnesota, I'd write Vikings (+4) @ Giants. Make sense?

Yes. And I will be betting on the Vikings to cover that spread.:D

LiveWire

I'll also add that I may be shortsighting some teams as they have not yet played their Week 4 matchups, and some have only played 2 games. Hopefully I won't be completely off-base with these predictions. :lol

Edit: Moneylines?! FUUUUUUU

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
Yes. And I will be betting on the Vikings to cover that spread.:D
I rely less on Eli than you do on AP and Harvin. :D

I cracked up at this, nice work LW. I've always wondered what a fantasy league based on our Madden league would be like. The first pick would of course be AP, but who would be second!? Chris Johnson?!?

gg crow that was a beating!

im not sure wtf happened to my defense in the run game. i basically lost the game on 4 plays: a PR td that i tried to kick oob (there was 16 mph wind so....), 2 80-yard toss play runs, and a pass play that went for 70-ish or so that was just blown tackle and run.

i got out of my game and started passing too much. what was really pissing me off is i was getting hit as i threw and going down for sacks, but when i would hit denver QB he would just have a "bad throw" with no one around.

just one of those games where nothing went right :/ english didn't have a bad game but i made a couple bone head throws.

back down to earth my friends! NFC west is a race again!

p.s. the game disconnected with about 2 mins left and i had the option to play against the CPU down 40-10. i of course continued because i'm a cool dude! also, on the play it was disconnected, i scored a sweet ass corner crab with crabtree!

daw840

Wellington said:

I cracked up at this, nice work LW. I've always wondered what a fantasy league based on our Madden league would be like. The first pick would of course be AP, but who would be second!? Chris Johnson?!?

The Williams' and Jared Allen will run a train on you while Fred Taylor video tapes it!

LukeSmith

Wellington said:

AP
Turner
Chris Johnson
Peyton!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
corner crab
:lol

Wellington said:

Is it PPR? If so, MJD.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Zach Miller can only catch. Not much rushing out of him. :( And if last year is any indication, he won't be the leading receiver much longer!

MJD's 3.7 ypc indicates not much rushing out of him, too :(

Addai part II

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg crow that was a beating!

im not sure wtf happened to my defense in the run game. i basically lost the game on 4 plays: a PR td that i tried to kick oob (there was 16 mph wind so....), 2 80-yard toss play runs, and a pass play that went for 70-ish or so that was just blown tackle and run.

i got out of my game and started passing too much. what was really pissing me off is i was getting hit as i threw and going down for sacks, but when i would hit denver QB he would just have a "bad throw" with no one around.

just one of those games where nothing went right :/ english didn't have a bad game but i made a couple bone head throws.

back down to earth my friends! NFC west is a race again!

p.s. the game disconnected with about 2 mins left and i had the option to play against the CPU down 40-10. i of course continued because i'm a cool dude! also, on the play it was disconnected, i scored a sweet ass corner crab with crabtree!

I am pretty sure I audibled to both of the tosses. I saw you shifting you line away from the run and thought it could lead to some good blocking. Makino made some moves on your secondary and then had a clear path to the endzone. The PR TD is why DeSean Jackson is important to me. He just needs a little space to make big plays.

At the start of the game I was pissed at my defenders dropping 3 straight picks. I was surprised you didn't run the ball a single time with Frank Gore. At times you were able to get yards through the air both my D didn't break. This was the first game I was able to get sacks(I think 5) and I rather have opposing teams passing then running(more chances for big plays my way).

DCX

DCX
LJ11 said:
Toliver > Phelps

Edit: I also want to thank DCX for cutting Sidbury. He may be better than Maybin.
It's funny everyone benefiting from my moves one way or the other.Turner is on his way to a HUGE year, Cason is providing me amazing depth at CB and LT is doing his thing and Jamal Anderson is having a career year.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i dont like this :lol Im being spotted 17 points? thats a great way to give AirBrian bulletin board material

Top Bottom