• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

Striker said:
I'm ok with the 20 sec runoff. As long as you don't take long selecting your play, you should be fine. Why take long selecting a play, and then want more time to audible it?

If you're in a snag, the RS quick audible is better, at least in my view.

i've tried this.

even if u pick a play at the 34 sec mark thats still 14 secs left.

then you have to factor in the game takes it's sweet little time getting your team to the line of scrimmage, even if you hold A to hurry them up.

you barely have any time to at least throw a WR in motion to see what kind of coverage the D is in, or any other line adjustments.

Smokey said:
i think it should be cut to 15.

there's really no way to make any kind of adjustments at the line with the way it is now.

there are times where i completely audible a play and call 2 hot routes with time to spare. i don't want people sitting back there all day hot routing and audibling as they please the entire time!

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
there are times where i completely audible a play and call 2 hot routes with time to spare. i don't want people sitting back there all day hot routing and audibling as they please the entire time!

that's not what i'm saying.

Smokey said:
that's not what i'm saying.

i know, but it could feasibly happen. without the time constraint:

1. you can motion to receiver to see if the D is playing man or zone
2. change the play accordingly
3. change back if the D changes up again
4. hot route whoever you need to

with the time limit now, you have the ability to audible if you need to. that should be enough. besides, bumping it down to 15 just gives more time for the game to disconnect!

Striker

Smokey said:
i've tried this.

even if u pick a play at the 34 sec mark thats still 14 secs left.

then you have to factor in the game takes it's sweet little time getting your team to the line of scrimmage, even if you hold A to hurry them up.

you barely have any time to at least throw a WR in motion to see what kind of coverage the D is in, or any other line adjustments.
Beyond two minutes of each half, they won't run down.

I don't have problems with putting a player (WR, TE, FB) in motion with the current time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
bowe would be amazing w/ edwards and gates.
I know we don't have a salary cap but that would just be ridiculous. The lack of salary cap or even a fake salary cap system (like we do our fake FAs) is the one major problem with the league that needs to be fixed. There is no penalty to building a fantasy team full of stars and duping lesser knowledgeable players into trading big names. Here is an example of how ridiculous it is for us:

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentscontractssd.php

At the end of this season, the following Chargers go into FA:

Charlie Whitehurst
Darren Sproles
Mike Tolbert
Vincent Jackson
Malcolm Floyd
Kassim Osgood
Brandon Manumaleuna
Kris Wilson
Marcus McNeill
Jeromy Clark
Travis Johnson
Shawne Merriman
Tim Dobbins.

The bolded guys are the ones that will definitely command big money.

That is not to mention Braylon Edwards, who is also going to be going into FA at the end of the season who was acquired by the Chargers via trade. He replaces Jackson. Also does not detail how much more Turner makes than LDT, and that Chris Chambers would have been an FA at the end of the year too if the real life Chargers did not cut him.

Regardless, I figure by season 5 or 6, all of our teams will be insanely good due to progression.

I agree with FMT on the time limit. I think the 13 or so seconds we are given after selecting the play is more than enough to make adjustments. If not, call a time out like they do in real life.

Striker

As I told Wellie in a discussion on AIM once, that's why I felt the Edwards deal was more "realistic" than ones we see now with Turner/Tomlinson, MJD/Addai (in-division no less), Marshall/Jackson, etc.

Edwards was going to become a FA. In a CAP situation, my options were keeping him and paying him a big salary, trading him for picks or players, or letting him hit FA without any compensation. Of course, I acquired Vincent Jackson and Jyles Tucker instead, and lost Edwards and David Bowens. Tucker would be cheap, and Jackson wouldn't be as expensive as Edwards.

EA, put a fucking CAP in 2011 Online Franchise. :(

some people are going to get absolutely fucked by the cap next season. i don't think everyone realizes how the cap works and i know some people are going to find themselves having to cut high profile players because they didn't manage it properly. although maybe their.... trading habits would have been different with a real cap in place!

Mrbob

I think the 20 second runoff is fine. I like the fact you gotta make quick adjustments presnap if you want to change the play. If you want more time to audible go no huddle.

10 point underdog at home mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm motivation!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
some people are going to get absolutely fucked by the cap next season. i don't think everyone realizes how the cap works and i know some people are going to find themselves having to cut high profile players because they didn't manage it properly. although maybe their.... trading habits would have been different with a real cap in place!
Next season in our league or Madden 2011?

daw840

Mrbob said:
I think the 20 second runoff is fine. I like the fact you gotta make quick adjustments presnap if you want to change the play. If you want more time to audible go no huddle.

The thing that sucks about no huddle is even if you let the clock run down to nothing before you snap, the players get worn out REALLY quick. I have tried to run a drive on no huddle, but by the time I made it to the red-zone my guys were taking a nap.

LukeSmith

Mrbob said:

If no huddle were viable, I'd absolutely agree with you because I'd just run no huddle a la the Colts. But it's not remotely viable.

LiveWire

Yea no huddle is hardly a solution. It's good for maybe 8 plays max. Then you risk injuries (I lost Devin Thomas for 2 weeks because of that). I'd support 15 second runoff instead of 20. It won't add that much time to a game and it will solve all these problems.

Striker

LiveWire said:
Yea no huddle is hardly a solution. It's good for maybe 8 plays max. Then you risk injuries (I lost Devin Thomas for 2 weeks because of that). I'd support 15 second runoff instead of 20. It won't add that much time to a game and it will solve all these problems.
What problems?

wellington i meant madden 2011, not next season as in season 3

p.s. like i said, i consider the current time run off to give us a very realistic feel. when was the last time you ever saw a delay of game penalty in one of our leagues? yet we see it every week in the NFL. i can't see bending on this unless the vast majority of the league wants a 15 second run off

LiveWire

Striker said:
What problems?

Being unable to audible out into a better play (Right stick audibles can only do so much --particularly, audibling into a pass from a run).

Not being able to read the defense as well (motioning receivers)

Not being able to max protect effectively in 3-0-2 or 2-1-2 formations (hot routing RB or RB plus FB to block in some situations puts you in danger of DOG penalty).

You see a lot of audibling going on in most NFL games at the line, so it's not an issue of not being sim if we add a few more seconds to allow this. The problem is, even when you pick a new play immediately when the playcalling screen comes up after a play, you're down to effectively 9 seconds, with the 20 seconds runoff plus about 6 seconds even when holding down the A button to hurry to the line.

1. there is plenty of time to audible. i do it all the time
2. have you noticed the scoring in this league? trust me, the offensive side of the ball does not need anymore help
3. i can not only audible to a quick pass, but i think have had time to hot route my TE and RB to stay into block. you don't need to wait for your qb to do the animation. you can hit Y + Y (for the RB) + RT (block) + A + RT in a matter of a couple seconds

Striker

Set up your playbook audibles prior to playing your games.

As for setting up blocking or quick routes in case of being blitzed, I can do that within the 20 second runoff.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
2. have you noticed the scoring in this league? trust me, the offensive side of the ball does not need anymore help

I think the NBA-style trading might have more to do with that, giving some teams two or more 90+ WRs or RBs.

But whatever, if it's going to stay 20, I'll run no huddle whenever I want.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Well, in real life most audibles are of the right stick variety. Not totally changing a set or whatever. I am fine with the way things are now. I have gotten delay of game penalties because of changing blocking schemes or whatever. Sometimes you just have to run a play right into the teeth of a defense and take a loss.

I am not a fan of running up to the line, making 5 audibles and then running a play. That starts to open up people calling audibles with WRs shifting to TE. The current way is fine.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
20 second run off is fine. You can do everything you need tp do in the time given. And I use hot routes and RS audibles a lot

TheCrow

Yeah, I don't have a problem when the 20 sec runoff. I have specific audibles set up that the right stick doesn't have so I rarely run a play I don't want to.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm indifferent on the runoff time. I don't think I've ever actually audibled to an entire other play. Only used the Right Stick audible, and the occasional hot route change. But I don't feel like there is alot of time to move a player in motion, unless that's all you do before you snap the ball. So, I don't really put players in motion (though I do run plays with the automatic motion, which doesn't take as long)

Which people, might I add? Any rule changes on what is allowed to be dumped and what isn't??

i don't have any specific rule against no huddle. run no huddle all game if you like. you're going to come up with a laundry list of injuries and your receivers aren't going to run their routes properly because they're so tired.

and the "nba style trades" haven't really caused it. even people who dont make big trades are averaging big points. just the way it is!

p.s. when i say cap "next season", i meant madden 2011. there will be some rule changes for OUR free agency system in season 3 though

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't have any specific rule against no huddle. run no huddle all game if you like. you're going to come up with a laundry list of injuries and your receivers aren't going to run their routes properly because they're so tired.

and the "nba style trades" haven't really caused it. even people who dont make big trades are averaging big points. just the way it is!

p.s. when i say cap "next season", i meant madden 2011. there will be some rule changes for OUR free agency system in season 3 though

Yea, like no snipping picks ebay style i'm all for it.

DCX

Rorschach

I remember last year, a certain player would do this on every single fucking play:

Motion WR
Motion WR back
*change play*
Motion WR
Motion WR back
*Defense changes*
Motion WR
Motion WR back
*change play*
Motion WR
Motion WR back
*snap while WR is in motion*

Pissed the fuck out of me. Every fucking play... Go learn how to read defenses, you twat!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. like i said, i consider the current time run off to give us a very realistic feel. when was the last time you ever saw a delay of game penalty in one of our leagues?
... I get one probably every game. The main problem I have is on change of possessions it seems to give you less time. That and motioning a wr all the way across the field is damn near impossible if you do any other adjustments. I'm fine with the runoff being where it is but I would welcome 5 more seconds. Then I can implement a gibbs 1 era offense :D

sableholic said:
... I get one probably every game. The main problem I have is on change of possessions it seems to give you less time. That and motioning a wr all the way across the field is damn near impossible if you do any other adjustments. I'm fine with the runoff being where it is but I would welcome 5 more seconds. Then I can implement a gibbs 1 era offense :D

i meant to say before madden '10. i know i see them every now and again NOW, but never at all in years past!

Fifty

Rorschach said:
I remember last year, a certain player would do this on every single fucking play:

Motion WR
Motion WR back
*change play*
Motion WR
Motion WR back
*Defense changes*
Motion WR
Motion WR back
*change play*
Motion WR
Motion WR back
*snap while WR is in motion*

Pissed the fuck out of me. Every fucking play... Go learn how to read defenses, you twat!

Who?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nope. But its not like he wouldn't check this thread. I'm posting from my phone, its too much of a hassle to find him and PM him on a blackberry

Fifty

I'd still think you're a pussy for not calling someone out who plays unrealistically, if he was still in the league, but being afraid to say their name if they're gone is stupid. You mean Shawn? Vumpler? Ando?

CB3 said:
Nope. But its not like he wouldn't check this thread. I'm posting from my phone, its too much of a hassle to find him and PM him on a blackberry

I hope you're right. I hope you're right. I want to play DCX! DCX! The man so nice they named him twice!

Fifty

He said last year. I thought he meant Madden 09. But I guess you're saying that he meant shawn. Anyway, I don't like people only complaining behind their opponent's back. Reading the thread, you wouldn't have known that shawn was close to being kicked out of the league due to people complaining about him nearly 'every game', but apparently people were PMing FMT.

I think we're good now, so it's not an issue, but if someone is playing unrealistically, they should be shamed in public, instead of people sniping at them until FMT can't take it anymore and boots them.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
I'd still think you're a pussy for not calling someone out who plays unrealistically, if he was still in the league, but being afraid to say their name if they're gone is stupid. You mean Shawn? Vumpler? Ando?

I hope you're right. I hope you're right. I want to play DCX! DCX! The man so nice they named him twice!
matt-ryan-football-card.jpg

Sign me up!

DCX

Fifty said:
He said last year. I thought he meant Madden 09. But I guess you're saying that he meant shawn. Anyway, I don't like people only complaining behind their opponent's back. Reading the thread, you wouldn't have known that shawn was close to being kicked out of the league due to people complaining about him nearly 'every game', but apparently people were PMing FMT.

I think we're good now, so it's not an issue, but if someone is playing unrealistically, they should be shamed in public, instead of people sniping at them until FMT can't take it anymore and boots them.

oh no, it was out there last year. both DM and Rors openly told shawn they didn't like his playstyle and didn't want him in the league.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I don't like the playstyle of anyone who beats me. So I basically think 95% of you cheese.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
if we played now you'd beat me (on account of larry johnson being off your team)

You can join CB in my 5% group.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
I don't like the playstyle of anyone who beats me. So I basically think 95% of you cheese.
Don't worry brother, now that you traded teams and I played the Chiefs last season, we will basically never play in Madden 10.

Fifty

Word is that Larry Johnson (NOT LJ11) is going to sign with the Bengals. As if them being horribly underrated in our franchise isn't bad enough, now I get to beat them with the player they're about to sign.

Top Bottom