• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
im gonna get fucking stomped next time i play madden. its been forever since i played my last game

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Word is that Larry Johnson (NOT LJ11) is going to sign with the Bengals. As if them being horribly underrated in our franchise isn't bad enough, now I get to beat them with the player they're about to sign.
What are you getting in return? Chad, Carson, and Keith Rivers? Nah that would be too little for your deals.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Don't worry brother, now that you traded teams and I played the Chiefs last season, we will basically never play in Madden 10.

I'm always down for a scrimmage so I can toss you into the group with everyone else.

Fifty

Wellington said:
What are you getting in return? Chad, Carson, and Keith Rivers? Nah that would be too little for your deals.

Uh, no, he's actually going to the Bengals IRL. I'm just taunting Nightz.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said on Monday that Johnson would be in Cincinnati to discuss a limited role—fourth-string running back, essentially an insurance policy in case Cedric Benson’s(notes) hip injury gets worse or another running back gets hurt.

It’s a very low-profile role.

“That’s what his role would be, it would be as a fourth running back and an opportunity as a backup player on this football team doing all the things backup players do,

Just like on my team! And people thought that me having him as a #3 was unrealistic. If anything, I'm giving him too much PT! Willis is the Ravens' #2 RB, so I basically traded my #2 for a #4. What a ripoff! I'm way too generous.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
See all I did was trade a homophobic trash talking spitting 4th string backup player who likes to beat women to Fifty.

I got a future pick and Fifty's number #2 running back :)

Fifty

I wish we had slackers this week, because it'd be easier to vent our impatience, but it's tough to deal with a wait when it's for reasonable reasons like their internet being down and them being out of town. If there's a wait next week, it had better be because FMT is busy watching his stories, and doesn't check the thread until 1 hour before the deadline.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I can't be the only one who has a backup Internet connection for leagues and stuff right? No way I would leave all that up to chance.

Fifty

Why do you think I keep paying AOL $30 a month? People laugh at me for keeping this dial-up, but when I'm playing my game instead of crying in my bag of Cheetos like Somnia is right now, it is I who will be doing the laughing!

LukeSmith

I really dread my schedule the rest of the way. Bring on Season 3.

Cowboys
Chiefs
Bills
Eagles
Raiders
Broncos
Giants
Chargers
Texans
Titans
Redskins

I wonder if 6-10 can win the AFC South :(

Fifty

LukeSmith said:
I really dread my schedule the rest of the way. Bring on Season 3.

Cowboys
Chiefs
Bills
Eagles
Raiders
Broncos
Giants
Chargers
Texans
Titans
Redskins

I wonder if 6-10 can win the AFC South :(

eeyore1.jpg

Matrix

Fifty said:

Yea big time :lol

Luke, I don't have the Texans you don't have to worry about some explosive offense from me. You should easily be able to carve up my team.

Somnia

Well it looks like BJ and I are set for tomorrow night after I get home from work. Comcast came out today for the 3rd time. This time I think we got someone competent because he almost knew right from the get go our Modem was going bad. He tested everything to make sure and in the end it was the modem which he said the first two guys should have caught right away. We are being compensated on our next bill thankfully for their mistake. I should be up and going again for good now *knocks on wood*

Fucking Comcast...

edit: Well @ 2am I'm getting 27.75mpbs down and 7.6mpbs up on my new modem. Let's hope that keeps up :lol use to get 15ish down and 3-4 up.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
He said last year. I thought he meant Madden 09. But I guess you're saying that he meant shawn. Anyway, I don't like people only complaining behind their opponent's back. Reading the thread, you wouldn't have known that shawn was close to being kicked out of the league due to people complaining about him nearly 'every game', but apparently people were PMing FMT.

I think we're good now, so it's not an issue, but if someone is playing unrealistically, they should be shamed in public, instead of people sniping at them until FMT can't take it anymore and boots them.
It wasn't an issue and I never PM'd FMT about. FMT probably knew because he played him. Anyone who played him knew. It wasn't a secret. :lol

Somnia said:
use to get 15ish down and 3-4 up.
How did you ever manage?! ;)

Somnia

Rorschach said:
It wasn't an issue and I never PM'd FMT about. FMT knew probably because he played him. Anyone who played him knew. It wasn't a secret. :lol

How did you ever manage?! ;)

Well when my modem as really going bad I was getting less than 1 down and like .1 up :lol

Rorschach

:lol The 18mb package is 65 bucks. I hope you're getting a package deal... although that still requires a contract.

I'll take my contractless, higher speed internets for less money kthx.

What's your up, btw?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
:lol The 18mb package is 65 bucks. I hope you're getting a package deal... although that still requires a contract.

I'll take my contractless, higher speed internets for less money kthx.

What's your up, btw?

Dunno. the 2wire site only shows download speed. Uverse is packaged with Internet, phone, and Cable. so im not actually paying 65 bucks

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigJonsson said:
So do the Pats have to go for it on 4th down all the time now? Sim league and all

No, but it gives me the option to be the Wildcard.

Already used that twice this year. The Fake punt in the 1 quarter makeup against Pheeniks, and the reverse of kneeling the ball on 4th down in the 1st quarter (Inside my own 20) against Pheeniks, and giving him an easy TD to go up 14-0 on me (in a game I won 28-21)

So, unless you're the Dolphins, you might not have much to worry about...maybe.

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Pretty much. im gonna forget the controls for madden and lose to livewire by the time our next game rolls around

Yea, I'm up to level 20 now. And I take back what I said about MW2 singleplayer, it is better than part 1. Veteran difficulty was MUCH easier in MW2 than MW1.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
WAT?!?

When did this happen and why!?!
For performance enhancing drugs...

smh. Cheating ass Chiefs can't even cheat right. 2 wins?

Official Madden League does not tolerate substance abuse. Bench 'im, Matrix!

daw840

Rorschach said:

Or trade him to me.

Striker

Rorschach said:

That's what I say.

Look at your division!

Broncos cheat the CAP. Handful of Chargers have been suspended for steroids. Now Dwayne Bowe is taking PEDs. Why can't the Raiders catch a break?!

LukeSmith

AirBrian said:
Only if return the favor and beat the Colts and Jags! I need some help now since I've been out for 2 weeks! :-(

Oh I'm going 0-4 against the NFC Beast and probably 0-4 against the AFC Best. Brutal non conference this year. I hope there are 10 elite players in the upcoming draft! Ima get one!

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Oh I'm going 0-4 against the NFC Beast and probably 0-4 against the AFC Best. Brutal non conference this year. I hope there are 10 elite players in the upcoming draft! Ima get one!
You drafted high and already have a badass team. Stop Eeyoring us!

Striker said:
That's what I say.

Look at your division!

Broncos cheat the CAP. Handful of Chargers have been suspended for steroids. Now Dwayne Bowe is taking PEDs. Why can't the Raiders catch a break?!
Werd.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AirBrian said:
Only if return the favor and beat the Colts and Jags! I need some help now since I've been out for 2 weeks! :-(
Done and done. You have to perform tonight or I swear I will tank both games! Pheeniks style!

Smokey

I hope all this MW2 action won't have too much effect on playing Madden.

I'm at level 46 with way too many hours already played in MP. I think I played 10 hours straight last night in MP. Finals coming up in 2 weeks and this game has the potential to really fuck me over.

:(

Smokey

CB3 said:
I hit level 40 on like 14 hours played last night. My life has been taken over by MW2

I'd say most of the we tend to play together at nights, and we usually play Team Deathmatch and/or Domination. I usually play FFA if I'm by myself. So that's 3 modes...out of what..15?!

I haven't even played half of the modes available.

Amazing and scary at the same time.

daw840

Smokey said:
I'd say most of the we tend to play together at nights, and we usually play Team Deathmatch and/or Domination. I usually play FFA if I'm by myself. So that's 3 modes...out of what..15?!

I haven't even played half of the modes available.

Amazing and scary at the same time.

I wish more people would be down to play the "mosh pit" mode. It cycles through everything I think.

Rorschach

Nightz said:
Have you guys tried the third person modes? They're surprisingly fun and it feels kinda like SOCOM. :lol
Son of a bitch... first part of the sentence, I thought you were talking about a new Madden mode or something. :|

Top Bottom