• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Striker

Oh god, if they can patch the cap, fix team stats, and fix the IR bug (no roster spot if player is placed on IR), it'll be grand.

If that happens, we won't have cut x amount of players to fit under the rule. I hope this also means we won't have to re-start the Franchise; it is server based, correct?

Rorschach

Guys, don't get your hopes up. There's not even a remote chance of all that happening. Don't even think about it being a possibility. Just move on.

Rorschach said:
Guys, don't get your hopes up. There's not even a remote chance of all that happening. Don't even think about it being a possibility. Just move on.

Exactly. I just hope that they fix problems with things that already exist and then if they add things, it'll just be a bonus.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I would be pissed if they didn't let you use Cards Jake.
j5xnq9.jpg

Rorschach

"ian_cummings My online franchises are starting to kick off. I have TEN in a '1 week per day' - @MYsportsphotog ducked me so I simmed it and lost. BS."

I like how he can see it's a problem for him, but they didn't think to add the ability to assign wins or whatever in case of flakers. :\

AstroLad said:
I would be pissed if they didn't let you use Cards Jake.
You can sign McCown. Does that make you feel better?

Striker

daw840 said:
Striker. Let's try this at 5:30pm CST. Alright?
Hey, whenever you're around, let me know. We still have all evening. I'm going to wash clothes and I'll be back later.

Hopefully no injuries strike for each of us and I'm able to keep up with your offense again! :lol

Pulled this gem from OS in reference to AI, the speed change, and the flats coverage...enjoy!

It's not being lazy, look at it this way. The game AI in the game is thinking at a x10 speed on normal making it think faster and putting pressure on the programming. You slow the gamespeed down now the AI has a couple more second to process what is going on in a play.

The reason I think the LB's in flat zone always flip out against a flat route Man or Zone is because the speed (normal) is going at a pace the AI can't handle right now. You lower the speed boom the AI has time to react to the flat rb.

:lol

Shawnwhann said:
That's why I don't even fuck with OP anymore. It's way too fanatical over there nowadays.

The ONLY reason I go over there is to see if Phil or Ian have posted anything of value. I browse threads to get a laugh while I'm there though.

Fifty

The first game of our first non league daddy season..I get a PR TD! In all our seasons of LD, and doing the weekly special teams awards, I never got one. Now, the second special teams awards are gone, I get one! Bah!

I wish I could say GG Malley. The good news for you is that it can only get better. The bad news for me is that it can only get worse. Before anyone laughs at Malley, let it be known that that was his first game since Madden 08. And the Chiefs stink.

I noticed one glitch, otherwise the game was fine:

- When he punted, pre-play it said he was in "Field Goal" formation. When he kicked a FG, it said he was in "Punt" Not a big deal, since it would always obvious which was going to happen.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ, I'm home if you want to go. Let me know here, because I'll then need to switch the internet over, it'll take a few minutes to make sure it works.

Woot!

Eeked out a close and competitive game vs. the Bucs. Came out on top 21-16. The story of the game had to be my conversion rate on 3rd downs. I converted on 6-10 while Tampa only converted 4-10.

That being said I almost blew the game. Up 21-10, I threw a stupid pick in the red zone while trying to put the nail in the coffin. I expected a blitz, but DM called a zone. He almost got a pick 6, but I caught him. He did end up scoring, but I was just happy he had to waste a little bit of time to get it done.

Up 21-16, I had to punt from a clutch 3rd down stop that DM made. McBriar boomed it out of bounds making the Bucs start from their 20. Early in the drive, he threw a pick right to Keith Brooking enabling me to kill the remainder of the clock to hold on for the win.

Something that fucked both of us up was the speed change from normal to slow. I know DM missed an easy tackle from poor timing on a 63 yd TD catch by Felix Jones. Definitely get reacquainted with "slow" because it takes time to adjust.

Anyways...I'm ready for you Wellie! :D

DMczaf

Ugh, it's going to be a long season with this rook. I try to avoid passing mistakes all game, and with the game on the line on my first snap on my final drive with like a minute left he throws this lame duck. Ball just completely sails on me, oh well.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/8638403

Rookie Experiment continues!

and if the Experiment is a failure, at least I get a top 5 draft pick!

LJ11

Lonestar said:
LJ, I'm home if you want to go. Let me know here, because I'll then need to switch the internet over, it'll take a few minutes to make sure it works.

Storm moving into my area, and recently I've been getting knocked off the net every time is rains heavy. I was on earlier when it started to pour, my connection dropped against some random.

How are dropped games resolved? I'm willing to risk it if there's an easy solution, but I'd rather wait it out until this batch of rain ends.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Shawnwhann said:
Everyone here has been on the receiving end of an ass-whopping at one point or another. I can't imagine anyone here laughing at anyone...unless it's me at CB3! :D

Only Asswhooping I believe I've had against me, was I think you, in a NCAA league. You had Ohio State I believe, and you Ginn'ed me.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Shawnwhann said:
:lol :lol :lol

Still a broken POS... but it appears video highlights are viewable now

I am not expecting much. They have had years to get EASportsworld right and it is still a broken POS.

Striker

DMczaf said:
and if the Experiment is a failure, at least I get a top 5 draft pick!
You'll pick #2 if you get that far. With a brutal loss to Minnesota, and plus four games vs. Steelers and Ravens ahead -- nothing on this schedule is looking up. Me and Malley play in the final weeks of the season. Battle of the 60-ish ovr teams!

OL was awful this past game. Granted daw had three guys in the 90's, but nobody seemed to want to block. Seemed like every pass play was corrupting with a player in my QB's lap. At one play, I had two TE's line up on the right, and his end (Edwards) was went untouched to easily take down my HB.

They REALLY need to fix the swing plays in the patch. The shit is so money, and with a guy like Peterson, you'll get tons of YAC all the time.

Striker

DCX said:
You trading Braylon yet?

DCX
Hey, fuck you buddy! Receivers won't matter if I can't protect Car-, Brady Quinn.

edit:

Team Stats look good on the website. How come it's not happening on the console version? [For the console] the Player Stats look pretty shit, too, if you go to your players' stats and view QB.

Team stats for games I've clicked on btw. :p

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
Hey, fuck you buddy! Receivers won't matter if I can't protect Car-, Brady Quinn.

edit:

Team Stats look good on the website. How come it's not happening on the console version? [For the console] the Player Stats look pretty shit, too, if you go to your players' stats and view QB.
I'd trade u an olineman and WR/RB for Braylon and crappy olineman

DCX

Rorschach

Striker said:

edit:

Team stats for games I've clicked on btw. :p
I meant season team stats, league leaders, etc. And hey, if you don't want Braylon, I'll take 'im! :p

There are also zero ST league wide stats. Which is absurd.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Signed up. I see there's a way to mess with the depth chart in franchise, but is there any way to do more specific tweaking of personnel by formation/play type? Also can you change your audibles?

I haven't played Madden since like 05 and damn this game is not friendly to newbies at all.

Striker

They really need sub-package formations again. Place Justin Tuck at DT, or an OT at TE in a strong run play, for example. I used that a ton in Madden '05 and haven't noticed much of it since Next-Gen games arrived. :(

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
Signed up. I see there's a way to mess with the depth chart in franchise, but is there any way to do more specific tweaking of personnel by formation/play type? Also can you change your audibles?

I haven't played Madden since like 05 and damn this game is not friendly to newbies at all.
You can assign depth charts in game and the website, yes you can change audibles but i'm not sure if it saves it for you so its set every game.

DCX

LJ11

Good game Lone. The KR return after the TD to Moss, and the Nelson catch + broken tackles to start the second half were really the difference in the game.

Top Bottom