• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Birdman02

GG Luke. I got off to a good start and just held on to the end.

First play of the game really set the tone.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8619867

I was trying to dive into the endzone cuz I thought your CB had the angle, but it looks like my WR didn't dive until he was already across the goalline.

After I got up 16, I went into ultra-conservative mode, and you gave me a couple of scares. Thankfully, my D came through with some well-timed turnovers.

Also, Patrick Willis proving he could also play WR if given the opportunity. Great Hands!!!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8618472

Rorschach

Everyone's almost signed in. Good stuff, guys!

Only ones left are:

Texans
Chiefs
Cards (Said he'd sign in tomorrow, though!)
Seahawks

guys i will be in san francisco next week from monday to wednesday. in my absence, Andokuky and Vumpler will be league commishes. please go to them with any questions regarding "sim play" or any concerns if someone is not playing sim.

p.s.

actually it will be rors.... unfortunately!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
5242_matt-leinart-gives-us-the-thumbs-up.jpg

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
my boy p-will!

and yes, please decline all FG holding calls. sorry for not posting that earlier!

Doh I would have had an extra 3 points in my opening game! Not like it would have mattered :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
astrolad we are matched up in week 1! i'll be around this weekend if you are game. otherwise.... next thursday? i want to get your best shot of course!
Cool yeah I can play this weekend but maybe we can make it Sunday so I can spend Saturday sharpening my strategic prowess to its maximum deftness.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i will be in san francisco next week from monday to wednesday. in my absence, Andokuky and Vumpler will be league commishes. please go to them with any questions regarding "sim play" or any concerns if someone is not playing sim.

p.s.

actually it will be rors.... unfortunately!
pvqz7.jpg

bluemax

Banned
WTF We started?

Is it too late for me to still get in?

storybook77 said:
When will you be available Bluemax? I should be around from about 5:30 to 7:00 EST and then sometime after 10 EST PWT (Post Wifey Time).

Um I'm available now!

Normally though after about 8pm PST is good for me on weeknights.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
WTF We started?

Um I'm available now!

Of course it's not too late. Get in thar!

League is called NeoGAF
Pass is "crabby" (all lower case)

"Ok, it's done. So, here's the deal. Game speed for all Online head to head games (including Franchise) is now SLOW.

Unfortunately, to change OF games vs. CPU to slow, we need to patch. This will be in the first patch. All other online games are slow though

Also, fingers crosses, look for a new updated version of the website this afternoon. VHiglights fixed and more."

http://twitter.com/Ryan_Ferwerda

bluemax said:
WTF We started?

Um I'm available now!

We can do it late (for me) tonight. I should be up after watching the Falcons preseason game.

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
We can do it late (for me) tonight. I should be up after watching the Falcons preseason game.
Get me a program!! Hard to get anything Falcon here in NY :(

DCX

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
sableholic said:
"Ok, it's done. So, here's the deal. Game speed for all Online head to head games (including Franchise) is now SLOW.

Unfortunately, to change OF games vs. CPU to slow, we need to patch. This will be in the first patch. All other online games are slow though

Also, fingers crosses, look for a new updated version of the website this afternoon. VHiglights fixed and more."

Can you play tonight? I think we playing week 1. I can play after 6 Central.

dskillzhtown said:
Can you play tonight? I think we playing week 1. I can play after 6 Central.

don't think i'll be available tonight around then, i'll be on earlier today like 4pm eastern to 6:30ish. Whats your schedule for the weekend?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
sableholic said:
don't think i'll be available tonight around then, i'll be on earlier today like 4pm eastern to 6:30ish. Whats your schedule for the weekend?

Early in the day Saturday would be best for me. I don't want to miss any preseason games.

BigAT

MrBob, when are you going to be around to get our game in? I'm going out at some point tonight, but I can play earlier in the night.

I tried to friend request you but you're full.

dskillzhtown said:
Early in the day Saturday would be best for me. I don't want to miss any preseason games.

k sounds like a plan then, ill be on just send me a message on xbl. If for some odd reason i'm not on, then you can reach me on aim: sableholic

Smokey

BigAT said:
MrBob, when are you going to be around to get our game in? I'm going out at some point tonight, but I can play earlier in the night.

I tried to friend request you but you're full.

Bob is such a popular guy ya know.

On my inquiry about the omission of team stats and rankings for the OF site, I got this reply from Ryan Ferwerda:

"Its not an omission. We didn't forget to do it :) We have that on our list as with the other things to add as well."

Good to hear!

i get the feeling that in a few months we're going to look back on what online franchise is now and say "man they left a lot of stuff out".

i know the "haha it's ea what do you expect" line, but no team stats and trades and stuff is shady even for EA. i have to believe they're going to fix a lot of this stuff. i WILL be shocked if any type of CAP system comes into play.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Doesn't EA always say stuff like "yeah, we're gonna fix that" and then it never gets fixed? Like ever? Even my beloved FIFA still has online crash bugs and the like.

I really don't get why the leagues are so barebones though. I know the generic response from the dev side is "LOL fans always wantin' more without any idea of how hard it is." But in the case of some of the glitches described above and some of the missing features I just don't think that flies here.

Smokey

AstroLad said:
Doesn't EA always say stuff like "yeah, we're gonna fix that" and then it never gets fixed? Like ever? Even my beloved FIFA still has online crash bugs and the like.

I really don't get why the leagues are so barebones though. I know the generic response from the dev side is "LOL fans always wantin' more without any idea of how hard it is." But in the case of some of the glitches described above and some of the missing features I just don't think that flies here.

NFL2k5. 2005. Had leagues.

5 years later and EA still doesn't have a clue. At least they took the first step of putting it in the game this season, but all of these errors and overlooks tell me it wasn't quite ready.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Smokey said:

5 years later and EA still doesn't have a clue. At least they took the first step of putting it in the game this season, but all of these errors and overlooks tell me it wasn't quite ready.
Yeah EA in general seem to be really bad about leagues. In Euro 08 the league display page columns (in-game, there's no web view option) were so wide that they couldn't fit Losses. You literally had to scroll over to see Losses. The Wins column took up like half the screen horizontally. This is how LeagueDaddy and the like can still be a viable business even though that business model should have been made obsolete five years ago.

It's frustrating to me because I gave up on playing the CPU years ago and I don't think a decent online infrastructure is something unreasonable to ask for.

I mean some of the stuff like teams being switched and scores counting down, while itself not particularly material, kind of shows you the kind of resources they dedicated to the feature. They aren't exactly those "OMG THE FANS FIND THE CRAZIEST BUGS!" kinds of glitches.

Rorschach

sableholic said:

You're breaking my balls, Tiburon. I get used to one speed, then I make an effort to get used to the other speed... damnit! Glad to see it's settled, though. And we don't need it for CPU games anyway.

Smokey said:

Madden 05 also had leagues. This is a franchise, though. :p

AstroLad said:
Yeah, they do that with some things. It goes from "we're gonna do it" to "it's on our list" to "here's how you can get around it" to "maybe next year."

:lol The people at OS are already melting down about the speed change online. Those people will NEVER be pleased!

Also, the bitching about 40 times is also hilarious. Guys using stop watches while watching a guy run a fly pattern....in a video game. :lol

Rorschach said:
:lol I must see this video.

I don't know if there is a video but there was lengthy post about some guy doing this so that he could adjust the game to get his .5 second for his players. Wannabe scouts?

Striker

Too many dumb shit kids on there. Have to facepalm myself out of there.

Also, daw, sky looks decent today. I'll have all evening, brother!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i get the feeling that in a few months we're going to look back on what online franchise is now and say "man they left a lot of stuff out".

i know the "haha it's ea what do you expect" line, but no team stats and trades and stuff is shady even for EA. i have to believe they're going to fix a lot of this stuff. i WILL be shocked if any type of CAP system comes into play.

theres actually a slot in there right now for capenabled, was there this morning when i was checking:

<franchise>
<abbrev></abbrev>
<accelclocktype>2</accelclocktype>
<lastactivetime>1250829756</lastactivetime>
<accelpresentenabled>1</accelpresentenabled>
<currchampion>0</currchampion>
<numhumans>29</numhumans>
<creationtime>1250743115</creationtime>
<description></description>
<maxdnf>100</maxdnf>
<fatigueenabled>1</fatigueenabled>
<fantasydraftenabled>0</fantasydraftenabled>
<franchiseid>54468</franchiseid>
<gm>
<blazeid>398</blazeid>
<persona>FrenchMov</persona>
</gm>
<injuriesenabled>1</injuriesenabled>
<joinsenabled>1</joinsenabled>
<logo>0</logo>
<isrequestermember>1</isrequestermember>
<maxhumans>32</maxhumans>
<name>NeoGAF</name>
<numberofmembersonline>4</numberofmembersonline>
<password>****</password>
<quarterlength>10</quarterlength>
<rosterid>8</rosterid>
<salarycapenabled>0</salarycapenabled>

not saying it means anything though. Anyways the reason i was looking is because if they don't create the team stats thing, i'm pretty sure I could (or anybody who wants to) throw something together to do it.

storybook77 said:
Also, the bitching about 40 times is also hilarious. Guys using stop watches while watching a guy run a fly pattern....in a video game. :lol

Unbelievable. I'm reading the posts there and I still don't believe it. :lol

Top Bottom