• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

Mrbob said:
Seeing Livewire and Wellie try to out eeyore each other is a bit annoying! :lol I'll kick both your asses when we play! :D

The Eeyore is just for members of the NFC Beast. We shit on the Norris.

Edit: OK Wellie is sticking with the schtick (I guess history shows he does better in seasons when he gets the ball rolling early). I'll go on record saying Redskins 42, Bears 13.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LiveWire said:
The Eeyore is just for members of the NFC Beast. We shit on the Norris.

Edit: OK Wellie is sticking with the schtick (I guess history shows he does better in seasons when he gets the ball rolling early). I'll go on record saying Redskins 42, Bears 13.

Heh, I wonder if he does have an Eeyore Column in his strategy notebook.

LJ, what time is good for you?

Smokey

anybody want to play between 5p-530p central?

i REALLY need to play. I haven't played in like 4 days due to 'that' game, and i need the practice :/

LukeSmith

DCX said:
It's one thing to throw pick sixes, but it's an entirely different thing to execute an offense to score, rather than to chew up clock and end the game. Game against Sable and Somnia i was down big and fought my last couple of drives to get something going. I don't expect to have dudes have a pick and dive at the five to run clock out.

Also dude mentioned he was out of timeouts. three knees and it may leave the man like 20 seconds left. I don't whatever. The league is a shame anyway becuase of DCX trading Turner right? :/

DCX

He was out of timeouts because he burned them driving for the garbage field goal. Somnia and I have IM'd about this a bunch, we're both on the same page.

Birdman02 said:
I can play pretty much anytime after 9 pm est during the week, so just let me know what night works best for you.

Alright, I think I can play after Ultimate Fighter tonight, or after 9 tomorrow might work

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
He was out of timeouts because he burned them driving for the garbage field goal. Somnia and I have IM'd about this a bunch, we're both on the same page.
ok..i don't know all the details, my bad. Shooting from the hip isnt good...not in real life or COD, i learned this the hard way :D

DCX

Somnia

LukeSmith said:
Speaking of that. Sorry for just disappearing it was storming bad out and shock comcast Internet was down in my area till 2am cst :lol

anyone want to scrimmage tonight late? Like 1230-1am cst.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Somnia said:
Speaking of that. Sorry for just disappearing it was storming bad out and shock comcast Internet was down in my area till 2am cst :lol

I might be down with that, if I am up.

TheCrow

Somnia said:

I'll try to play. I can't promise a complete game because of my connection but we could try if you are up for it.

Edit: You should try to play dskillz. You'll have a better chance at actually finishing a game. :(

Rors and BJ, I need you guys to win. Don't let me down. :D

Rorschach

Smokey said:
You wait!

Why are you trying to take advantage of me :/
I haven't played either since my game with Bluemax which was right after it advanced. I don't want to be the MrBob game of the week. You're gonna win anyway.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
I haven't played either since my game with Bluemax which was right after it advanced. I don't want to be the MrBob game of the week. You're gonna win anyway.

Your reverse psychology won't work on me.

I will not let it

Mrbob

You are lucky you could cheese me on crossing patterns across the middle. I would see the play happening and couldn't stop it because my guys were too slow. :lol

But...my TE cheese is back! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Greg.

That user pick in the first was nice though....I shouldn't have dropped the ball off low I would have had a td had I gone deep.

Mrbob

That game was pretty gross on defense on both sides. We were both missing tackles or having guys slide off of tackles all game long.

3 ints and my missed 4th down conversion did me in. Even though that ball hit off olsen's hands and he dropped it. I should have had another td with him. :( 5 isn't enough!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah lets get these games going. Livewire is in my sights

terminator-vision.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright daw. Barring something coming up I'll be available to play at 9 EST if you can. Showdown between two owners that actually deserve to be E-orbs.

Fifty

CB3 said:
Redemption.

Sure, you won, but at what cost? The *BEARS* scored 42 points against you? OK, I know we get a lot of high scoring games, so I'll let that slide...but league members, this is the most unrealistic stat line I have seen in our two seasons. How is this even possible? I know the Philly LBs aren't great, but get the fuck outta here.

Greg Olsen - 8 catches, 289 yards, 5 receiving touchdowns

I can live with Turner running for 300 against the Chiefs and some rookie speedsters going crazy, but this just makes me feel ill. What kind of routes was he running? Are we playing NFL Fucking Blitz here?

edit: To try to rationalize it...CB could have had a bad game at safety (in this situation, the user should probably try to help the LBs cover the TE) and that combined with Olsen's 86 speed rating and Philly's LBs being utter shit... I'm just trying to wrap my head around it)

LJ11

Good game Lonestar, very tight game. Bellows is difficult to defend, but so is that playbook. I had to give you certain routes in order to cover some of the underneath stuff.

Sidbeast, defensive player of the week. 3 sacks, 5 tackles for a loss, abused Kaczur all day.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
Good game Lonestar, very tight game. Bellows is difficult to defend, but so is that playbook. I had to give you certain routes in order to cover some of the underneath stuff.

Sidbeast, defensive player of the week. 3 sacks, 5 tackles for a loss, abused Kaczur all day.

because you player controlled him and confused the shit out of the ai.

One of those poluztki, 6 yards in the air/off to the side ints ruined a drive...

But I got you to punt twice!! Moral victory!

Maybe I should have tibrowed more :(!

The search for a rb continues.

I guess I should throw to the tight ends more, like Bob

daw840

Holy Crap. I hope my upcoming game doesn't go like the rest of my night has gone. I tried to light my fireplace for the first time just now. Never lit it before. So, I turn it on and stick my hand in there with a regular lighter. It didn't light immediately, so I did the dumbest thing I could have. Nothing. I just sat there with my lighter lit. Then it finally lit. It looked like something out of back draft. Now I have no eyelashes, significantly less eyebrows, and no hair left on my right arm. :lol

LJ11

Lonestar said:
One of those poluztki, 6 yards in the air/off to the side ints ruined a drive...

Wasn't it beautiful. I was bit peeved that I threw an int, called some shit D and you were ready to score points. Calmed down, and thought I bait you into throwing an int. Poz had seam responsibility, who's in the seam your man Bellows. Hmmm, maybe if I pull Poz off the seam he'll think it's open, and bait him into an int. Low and behold, User Pick.

One was totally on the CPU, the other two were swim moves, nothing confusing. Kaczur stinks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I see Bob is back to his old tricks, ughhh.

Sim league my ass.

Somnia

daw840 said:
Holy Crap. I hope my upcoming game doesn't go like the rest of my night has gone. I tried to light my fireplace for the first time just now. Never lit it before. So, I turn it on and stick my hand in there with a regular lighter. It didn't light immediately, so I did the dumbest thing I could have. Nothing. I just sat there with my lighter lit. Then it finally lit. It looked like something out of back draft. Now I have no eyelashes, significantly less eyebrows, and no hair left on my right arm. :lol
Jesus dude :lol

Next week needs to get here so I can destroy Live and feel better after my loss :D

Though you better win this week Live! Though CB is owning our division right now =/

Lonestar

It was just one of those video game things, because that was humanly impossible.

Having to defend the 4 wide set for 85% of the 2nd half suuuucked. I knew you would go to the hb if he was open, but I knew if I called something for help, you liked to hit tolliver when he went to sit in the middle of the field.

I gotta learn to run effectively one of these days

daw840 said:

holy shit dude you ok? :lol

Rorschach

Wow, Daw... lol

Somnia said:
Jesus dude :lol

Next week needs to get here so I can destroy Live and feel better after my loss :D

Though you better win this week Live! Though CB is owning our division right now =/
This week CB plays the Bears. Next week, you get a bye. :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
daw840 said:

wtf :lol Momma always said stupid is as stupid does.

LukeSmith

daw840 said:

omg :lol

Nightz

daw840 said:
All that, and you're still worried about your game? Now that's hardcore! :lol

LJ11

Lonestar said:
It was just one of those video game things, because that was humanly impossible.

Having to defend the 4 wide set for 85% of the 2nd half suuuucked. I knew you would go to the hb if he was open, but I knew if I called something for help, you liked to hit tolliver when he went to sit in the middle of the field.

I gotta learn to run effectively one of these days

Well you kind of stuffed my run game in 2 and 3 wr sets, you ran a lot 8 man fronts against my 2 receiver sets, so I came out in the 3rd and decided to spread you out.

Hard to run the ball when you're in the gun all game, draws are hit or miss.

Lonestar

I was usually in Nickel on your 3 and 4 sets, just using mostly from the strong nickel. Had to protect against Toss Sweeps, with fast enough people to get to Lynch!

I think the clinching fact, was that I could not score on the opening possession, and I believe you did on the 2nd half kickoff drive.

Mrbob

The way ai pathfinding reacts, it is way too easy to beat someone on multiple crossing routes with a spread offense. Unless you can get to the QB right away and that is near impossible.

Top Bottom