• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Wow, Daw... lol

This week CB plays the Bears. Next week, you get a bye. :p
Oh I know cb plays the bears I just want wellie to lose so I stay within line in our division :D . I didn't pay attention to my bye week just that my next opponent is Live =( that sucks.

Mrbob said:
The way ai pathfinding reacts, it is way too easy to beat someone on multiple crossing routes with a spread offense. Unless you can get to the QB right away and that is near impossible.

it is and it isn't. there are defenses out there that work very well against this. it's up to YOU to find them!

hopefully the patch fixes some of the route paths/angling by the defenders though. i have a handful of plays that i can count on in the clutch against certain types of patterns, but it they dont always work and a couple are VERY bad if a certain type of pattern is called (and its not crossing)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Somnia said:
Oh I know cb plays the bears I just want wellie to lose so I stay within line in our division :D . I didn't pay attention to my bye week just that my next opponent is Live =( that sucks.

Giants up 45-17 :lol

Fifty

There are two things I can do as I lose horribly to DCX. Throw my controller, or stop caring. I will do the 2nd. If I can't force pressure, if I can't get turnovers and if I can't run the ball..I'm going to lose against any good offense.

DCX, why was Roddy White playing defense on that last INT?

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it is and it isn't. there are defenses out there that work very well against this. it's up to YOU to find them!

hopefully the patch fixes some of the route paths/angling by the defenders though. i have a handful of plays that i can count on in the clutch against certain types of patterns, but it they dont always work and a couple are VERY bad if a certain type of pattern is called (and its not crossing)

If I spread my offense and also have a running back coming out of the backfield I could find an open guy every single time. Blitzing isn't quick enough to get to the QB in time. And I have the Bears team for offense. I normally stay away from spread offense for this very reason.

TheCrow

Fifty said:
There are two things I can do as I lose horribly to DCX. Throw my controller, or stop caring. I will do the 2nd. If I can't force pressure, if I can't get turnovers and if I can't run the ball..I'm going to lose against any good offense.

If a DB gets tired, the cpu may automatically sub a WR in. I think I saw that another WR had a INT and returned it for a TD.

Rorschach

Fifty said:

It happens when the corners get tired... and sometimes at random. It doesn't even matter that you have capable DBs on your roster. It will put in the WRs anyway.

Fifty

Well when you're playing against me and I'm having a horrible game and throwing deep desperately, I suppose having your #1 WR in there is a better way to get an INT than using a scrub safety with a bad catch rating.

Some weeks are fun, some aren't. The downside to these leagues is caring when you lose. I don't know how the people with really bad records do it. I'm 3-2 and I feel like shit. I've wanted to play this game for days and when it doesn't go my way, I take it too hard. The highs aren't as high as the lows are low in the game of Madden.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:

Time to cut LJ, he's a cancer and he will destroy your team from within.

Honestly though, I can't imagine your Ravens D not being able to force pressure :\ This game can be weird sometimes.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:

I have no clue why he was back there, but maybe DB were tired, but it's weird since i think you was running no huddle so how did he get on the field anyway? I don't know but i loled when i saw it was him then i realized holy fuck i better not get him hurt so i ran into your kicker :lol

It was a weird game all around. First 2 qrts you had no run game, at all i thought i was watching myself play. LT got hurt for the whole game lolz. My rookie ( thanks to you btw ) had a punt return TD called back for holding, only to have a 102 yard kick return later in the game to answer your clutch TD drive to bring the game within 3.

D finally played up to par. I'm pleased with how they performed. I was shitting bricks on that 4th and goal on the goal line there and i called a PA pass?!?! WTF was i thinking, thank go it worked.

GG

Yay 2 wins!!

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
Well when you're playing against me and I'm having a horrible game and throwing deep desperately, I suppose having your #1 WR in there is a better way to get an INT than using a scrub safety with a bad catch rating.

Some weeks are fun, some aren't. The downside to these leagues is caring when you lose. I don't know how the people with really bad records do it. I'm 3-2 and I feel like shit. I've wanted to play this game for days and when it doesn't go my way, I take it too hard. The highs aren't as high as the lows are low in the game of Madden.

This is pretty much me to a T. I'm a little bit better than I was, though.

Though, I have to say, I did cuss up a storm or 2 on LJ, mainly on that mentioned INT.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
damn jruss. i coulda sworn you were gonna make the comeback a few times there and every time jRUSS just hung one out there.

i was lucky to play you on a day jesus clearly hates you

Mrbob said:
If I spread my offense and also have a running back coming out of the backfield I could find an open guy every single time. Blitzing isn't quick enough to get to the QB in time. And I have the Bears team for offense. I normally stay away from spread offense for this very reason.

well obviously not everytime.... because you lost the game

daw840

AstroLad said:
damn jruss. i coulda sworn you were gonna make the comeback a few times there and every time jRUSS just hung one out there.

i was lucky to play you on a day jesus clearly hates you

Whatever. I'm just about done with this game. I thought Jruss had progressed enough to be a feature QB. I don't know if I can handle an 0-16 year.

Rorschach

JRuss was good enough to make it to the playoffs last year and got past round 1...and outplayed Peyton Manning in that first playoff game!

...and he had no WRs!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
daw840 said:
Whatever. I'm just about done with this game. I thought Jruss had progressed enough to be a feature QB. I don't know if I can handle an 0-16 year.

You could say, you just got....burned....

david_caruso_sunglasses.jpg

daw840

Rorschach said:
JRuss was good enough to make it to the playoffs last year and got past round 1...and outplayed in that first playoff game!

I really don't give a fuck. You are better than I am. Hands down. I don't know why I waste 60 bucks every year just to be embarassed.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
I really don't give a fuck. You are better than I am. Hands down. I don't know why I waste 60 bucks every year just to be embarassed.
Dude, just have fun. I've had miserable 5 win seasons. Just salvage what you can out of the season and bounce back next year. At least now we get rewarded at the end of the year for all our troubles. Last year, you made the playoffs. This year you have an injured AD. Who knows what happens next season.

Somnia

daw840 said:
I know how you feel...I've never had a winning season yet in the league, but I play for the fun. I'd much rather lose here than to just ransoms because people play for real here.

Look at it this way you may get a damn good QB in the draft now and you'll be back to a playoff team like last season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
daw840 said:

I'll trade teams with you :p

DCX

DCX
Somnia said:
I know how you feel...I've never had a winning season yet in the league, but I play for the fun. I'd much rather lose here than to just ransoms because people play for real here.

Look at it this way you may get a damn good QB in the draft now and you'll be back to a playoff team like last season.
Just like the San Antionio Spurs when DROB got hurt, their prize? Tim Duncan :/

DCX

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
wait what does that mean
If i have to explain it...

It means i bought 2K10 only to trade it in after the league NUKED, which allowed me to buy Call of Duty and i got 37 bucks for it which in turns gave me COD for 1/2 off. Eh? Smoke another one...

DCX

daw840

DCX said:

It means i bought 2K10 only to trade it in after the league NUKED, which allowed me to buy Call of Duty and i got 37 bucks for it which in turns gave me COD for 1/2 off. Eh? Smoke another one...

DCX

Wouldn't that mean that you essentially spent $83 on MW2?

Ok well story its already past the time you mentioned and you aren't on live, so its probably not happening tonight barring you signing on in the next couple of mins. What's your availability tomm?

DCX said:

DCX

oh yeah, because "slash my COD in half" followed by :/ tells me SO much. the fuck outta here

Matrix

ph33nix said:
oh yeah, because "slash my COD in half" followed by :/ tells me SO much. the fuck outta here

:lol

sableholic said:
Ok well story its already past the time you mentioned and you aren't on live, so its probably not happening tonight barring you signing on in the next couple of mins. What's your availability tomm?

Yea, something came up tonight, sorry about that. I should be able to play around 10:30 EST tomorrow night even though it's me and the wife's anniversary because she has to work the next day so she'll be in bed by then.

storybook77 said:
Yea, something came up tonight, sorry about that. I should be able to play around 10:30 EST tomorrow night even though it's me and the wife's anniversary because she has to work the next day so she'll be in bed by then.
K might be a little late for me but we'll see

Striker

GG Nightz. Offense couldn't do shit outside two drives (early pick really killed me). You played really well defensively. Donald "Jim" Brown looked great slicing through my defense. Was quite possibly the worst I've seen them look this season so far.

I also did not mean to sub in my backup QB on that Shotgun package. I guess I hadn't noticed until I saw "3" instead of "10", and his arm strength looked rugged on that play. Ugly pass. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Okay, here is the catch and run by Brown LW was referring to. Not shown thanks to the shitty replay system is that the ball was bobbled twice and then he ended up catching it. This is the play that broke the game wide open.

Watch the QBs throwing animation. It happened twice in this game. Has anyone else gotten this? I got the throwing while going down thing a bunch but I thought the ball would have been coming out during this animation as well. Also, Justin Tuck is a grown ass man.

Also, Bradshaw is too badass a returner, I have to take him off the block! He has been a revelation.

Return 1

Return 2

Facing off against Chris Johnson next week, my run D has been terrible. 300 yards and 4 TDs for CJ coming right up.

Smokey

Fifty said:

Honestly if I didn't have an endless flow of pussy rolling in or MW2 to play..this season would be driving me crazy.

Nightz

GG Striker. Neither of our passing games looked good at all in this game lol, but our running backs were on fire. That was a nice game for the two Colts I picked up in the offseason. Hopefully the scoring picks up in our next game. :)

On a side note, I played an online game with the current Bengals roster and man there's a big difference. The defense was actually able to make stops and Chris Henry could actually catch passes! :lol

Birdman02

GG man. Once again, my defense comes up with big turnovers when I need them the most. Your offense is really tough to stop. I just had to sit in basic zone coverages all game hoping for a bad decision because my guys didn't have a shot in man coverage...you got a long TD the only time I ran man, and my zone blitzes weren't getting there fast enough.

I look forward to the rematch in 2 (or is it 3) weeks!

i love playing in a 32 man league. everyone really has a different playstyle and it can blindside you when you play someone you've never played before. but then of course against division opponents you both know what you're going to get and it's usually a dog fight.

for those down on your luck, relax! things can turn around! i was 3-7 at one point last year and finally got to 8-8 and RIGHTFULLY won the division but for EA deciding who they wanted to win!

then i got a good qb and magically i'm back in it! that is what free agency and the draft are for!

Top Bottom