• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Striker

Nightz said:
GG Striker. Neither of our passing games looked good at all in this game lol, but our running backs were on fire. That was a nice game for the two Colts I picked up in the offseason. Hopefully the scoring picks up in our next game. :)
Yeah, I'm sure there will be.

For some reason after Harrison's TD run, and James Davis went out for the quarter with his injury, it seems like I gave up on running the ball, which fueled my offense in the first half. Davis and Brown were on fire at one point, but once Davis went out, so did his fuse. I probably should have used Harrison a bit more, too. My wideouts couldn't get open and when they did, couldn't hang onto the pass. :(

Now the biggest game of my Season 2 game is next week @Steelers. Shit.

Smokey said:
WAT THA FUCK is going on w/ Rivers this season

dude is playing like that bum Alex Smith

you'll pay for that in our meeting later this season. jack english has alex's back, and he doesn't take kindly to THAT type of trash talk

bluemax

Banned
Mrbob said:
If I spread my offense and also have a running back coming out of the backfield I could find an open guy every single time. Blitzing isn't quick enough to get to the QB in time. And I have the Bears team for offense. I normally stay away from spread offense for this very reason.

Eh it depends. I went entirely spread midway through last season and finished among the top 5 in yards and completion percentage but I only managed to go 7-9.

My passing is still pretty spread oriented this season. Last game was my worst performance though, only 109 yards passing. Probably the layoff + whatever FMT did killed me.

I do admit to struggling against people who manually control safeties.

BigJonsson said:
I'd rather lose in a league setting then lose to randoms

Amen. And isn't the average league game pretty close? I've only had one game this season that didn't come down to the final possession and that was a replay of a game that did go down to the final possession.

Rorschach

GG Smokey. That said...

Ok, I'm with Daw now. Fuck this game. I don't care about the stupid fumble with my finger on the hold ball button or any of the other little retarded things, but I do care that I'm out of bounds with time left to kick a FG and the clock keeps running... It wasn't even one of those where you're not sure if he's out or forward progress...I literally ran out.

[edit] Phew...thought Delhomme would be out for weeks. Only out for that game... :\

bluemax

Banned
Woah I just realized according to Sable's script I'm second in KR yardage, nice! Only 3 yards behind Wellie. My KR is a low round draft choice too, but he has ridiculous Elusiveness.

Weird the Eagles lead the league in passing yards allowed but also in defensive INTs.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bluemax said:
Woah I just realized according to Sable's script I'm second in KR yardage, nice! Only 3 yards behind Wellie. My KR is a low round draft choice too, but he has ridiculous Elusiveness.

Weird the Eagles lead the league in passing yards allowed but also in defensive INTs.

Bend but dont break! I take alot of chances. sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts

you shut down rivers, had a good game with pat white, and still lost!?

p.s. patch 2 supposedly fixes the "clock still running on out of bounds or incomplete pass" issue. although i saw people on op sports complaining that the clock was still running when they went out of bounds with over 5 minutes left. they dont know NFL rules!

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
You realize that means you're just giving up a lot of points, right?

:(

I have two 100+ yard returns! But yeah 28.5 PPG allowed is fairly bad. There are 8 teams allowing over 30 PPG. I'm in the bottom third of the league. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. My defense has a lot of well rated players, I got some tutelage on defense and I'm still getting lit up.

CB3 said:
Bend but dont break! I take alot of chances. sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts

Does no one run on you? 43 RYPG allowed. Lowest in the league.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you shut down rivers, had a good game with pat white, and still lost!?

p.s. patch 2 supposedly fixes the "clock still running on out of bounds or incomplete pass" issue. although i saw people on op sports complaining that the clock was still running when they went out of bounds with over 5 minutes left. they dont know NFL rules!
pissed.gif

It also doesn't stop when taking a knee... >:|

CB3

bluemax said:
:(

I have two 100+ yard returns! But yeah 28.5 PPG allowed is fairly bad. There are 8 teams allowing over 30 PPG. I'm in the bottom third of the league. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. My defense has a lot of well rated players, I got some tutelage on defense and I'm still getting lit up.

They try.

Striker

Stats are deceiving at times! :(

My Browns defense so far ranks #1 via the pass, #1 overall in total yards, #3 via scoring (#1 Buffalo, #2 Denver; both undefeated...), yet I am only 2-4.

FML.

Texans allowing 40+ points per game? Hmm, surely didn't need that #2 overall pick, eh? :p

LukeSmith

bluemax said:

I'm guessing he just plays with a lot of leads - in part from his ridiculous TO difference - ergo, not facing too many rushing attempts.

Smokey

holy shit

I pulled a Bellicheck (however you spell his name). It's tied up 24-24 with less than one minute to go. I have the ball at my own 43 yard line. It's 4th and 2. If I get stopped no doubt Rors wins the game with the beast kicker he has over there. Call a play..ALL MY UNDERNEATH ROUTES ARE TAKEN..FUCK..I quickly go through my reads...get to Edwards and remember he's running a out/in post pattern. I hang in for as long as I fucking can and as soon as he cuts back in BOOM I let that bitch go and he caught it:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13549549

At this point I let out a monstrous YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

So I'm in FG range now, just trying to run out clock to as low as possible and hopefully kick game winning FG. Rors has no TOs. on 3rd and 2 with 40ish secs left..i run it..Turner fucking gets hurt stopping the clock for Rors. Are you kidding me?

Anyway kick FG up by 3. Rors gets kickoff. I forget how many seconds left but it's not many. I believe with 25-30 secs left (possibly less)..he tries to throw with Pat White (Delhomme hurt)..he gets hit as he throws. The ball hangs in the air for like 3 seconds only going a few yards, but his receiver CATCHES it in a sea of blue. So tick tick, clock moving. Rors hurry up and spikes ball with 7 secs left on his 40 something yard line.

I call prevent like a idiot forgetting about his beast kicker. He hot routes to throw a quick under route. His man catches it. He heads for out of bounds, I'm chasing his ass and it's a foot race. My guy makes contact with him and tries to drag him down. Rors gets out of bounds w/ 1 sec left but b/c of the tackle animation or w/e the clock keeps going...and i win. I guess it evened out for the Turner situation on my last drive but ..yeah.

Great game. I was nervous as shit on the 4th and 2 call b/c i knew if I missed it he would win the game with his kicker. I succeeded where Belibitch could not!

And here's Turner being A MAN. This was first run of the game for me:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13549614

A MAN

good game Rors.

LJ11

Somnia said:
You still awake?

I'm up if you're down for a game.

Edit: I love how the DB has a clear as day shot on the QB, but decides to raise his hands, which slows him down, and gives the QB just enough time to release the ball. EA, it's in the game.

Rorschach

Damn EA site is down.

I thought I had control of that game until the McFadden fumble. Sigh. Oh well, I'm taking a sabatical. Goodbye forever! ...or until Saturday. Whichever comes first.

I'll be glad to have Delhomme back!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i used to be good against the run.... until i met the broncos and seahawks :(

I'm going to get raped in my game against Broncos. Honestly, how the hell is my shit defense supposed to stop their run attack? *weeps*

F-ing Seahawks and their midget back destroyed me two weeks ago.

anyone want to scrimmage Denver/ Chiefs with me?

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Damn EA site is down.

I thought I had control of that game until the McFadden fumble. Sigh. Oh well, I'm taking a sabatical. Goodbye forever! ...or until Saturday. Whichever comes first.

I'll be glad to have Delhomme back!

You did. I prayed to Madden gods to give me something...

and they delivered!

it's interesting. all of our games come down to a few key plays in the 4th quarter.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Too bad I'm physically unable to play as Denver. *goes on a fast food run instead*

Smokey said:
You did. I prayed to Madden gods to give me something...

and they delivered!

it's interesting. all of our games come down to a few key plays in the 4th quarter.
It was a good game even with the bugs. Next time I'll just lay down and go down by 40 so I don't suffer any 4th quarter mishap.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
You realize that means you're just giving up a lot of points, right?
I am 13th in the league in points allowed. I guess I am good with that considering I have given up a lot of garbage time points (I subbed out almost my entire D in the fourth quarter in the game yesterday too), but giving up 25 PPG is something I am definitely not used to. My run D is absolutely killing me. Trade me ManLaw FMT!!!

Well really it's not that bad, I just let up 1-2 huge runs per game.

Oh crap only four games left! Early advance? :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Does anyone have L4D2 360? I am likely going to pick it up for this weekend if anyone is down for some games. :D

Rors' post got me wondering if I am really bad that bad defensively. I give up a lot of long plays due to my style of defense, which is fine, so I am going to measure with defensive red zone %. So far in 6 games I have allowed 14 visits into the red zone, 7 TDs, and 5 FGs are the result. The O scores 85% of the time when they reach the RZ against me, 50% of the time it's a TD. Not horrible but I definitely need to lower the percentage of scores allowed once opponents reach the redzone. Only way to do that is to force turnovers. :(

Also:

Max Younger 1 Pancake, 2 Sacks allowed.
Brandon Atkinson 3 Pancakes, 0 sacks allowed.

Dude is a beast. Aside from one play in which my LG fucked up, Fat Albert was a non-factor. The tackle of Carr before executing the toss, and a tackle of Jacobs after a one yard game. That's all!

amqq1e.jpg

^^ Buahahahaha

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
daw840 said:
I really don't give a fuck. You are better than I am. Hands down. I don't know why I waste 60 bucks every year just to be embarassed.

I feel ya. Sometimes I do think this game has passed me by. But then I remember my lone Madden Championship win over FMT and I continue to play. Also, by picking a crappy team like I did, I always have an excuse!!!!

I will be picking up L4D2 tomorrow most likely. I can play Friday and late Saturday.

Nightz

Smokey said:
holy shit

I pulled a Bellicheck (however you spell his name). It's tied up 24-24 with less than one minute to go. I have the ball at my own 43 yard line. It's 4th and 2. If I get stopped no doubt Rors wins the game with the beast kicker he has over there. Call a play..ALL MY UNDERNEATH ROUTES ARE TAKEN..FUCK..I quickly go through my reads...get to Edwards and remember he's running a out/in post pattern. I hang in for as long as I fucking can and as soon as he cuts back in BOOM I let that bitch go and he caught it:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13549549

At this point I let out a monstrous YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

So I'm in FG range now, just trying to run out clock to as low as possible and hopefully kick game winning FG. Rors has no TOs. on 3rd and 2 with 40ish secs left..i run it..Turner fucking gets hurt stopping the clock for Rors. Are you kidding me?

Anyway kick FG up by 3. Rors gets kickoff. I forget how many seconds left but it's not many. I believe with 25-30 secs left (possibly less)..he tries to throw with Pat White (Delhomme hurt)..he gets hit as he throws. The ball hangs in the air for like 3 seconds only going a few yards, but his receiver CATCHES it in a sea of blue. So tick tick, clock moving. Rors hurry up and spikes ball with 7 secs left on his 40 something yard line.

I call prevent like a idiot forgetting about his beast kicker. He hot routes to throw a quick under route. His man catches it. He heads for out of bounds, I'm chasing his ass and it's a foot race. My guy makes contact with him and tries to drag him down. Rors gets out of bounds w/ 1 sec left but b/c of the tackle animation or w/e the clock keeps going...and i win. I guess it evened out for the Turner situation on my last drive but ..yeah.

Great game. I was nervous as shit on the 4th and 2 call b/c i knew if I missed it he would win the game with his kicker. I succeeded where Belibitch could not!

And here's Turner being A MAN. This was first run of the game for me:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/13549614

A MAN

good game Rors.
I applaud you, Smokey.
Not for the win, but for using the sexy powder blues.

Smokey

Wellington said:
Does anyone have L4D2 360? I am likely going to pick it up for this weekend if anyone is down for some games. :D

I do.

I got it in the mail from Gamefly yesterday.

Nightz said:
I applaud you, Smokey.
Not for the win, but for using the sexy powder blues.

:lol

I usually use the powder blues w/ the yellow pants and powder blue socks. Switched it up this time though and used the old white pants w/ the yellow lighting bolt. Best throwbacks in the league?! Last season I almost always wore the powder blues when I was the home team. Maybe I should get back to that?!

Somnia

Wellington said:

Just let me know man I have it. I haven't got around to playing it yet since my normal crew from L4D1 haven't been around which is odd since it was our most played game of last year.

bluemax

Banned
Matrix said:
I'm going to get raped in my game against Broncos. Honestly, how the hell is my shit defense supposed to stop their run attack? *weeps*

F-ing Seahawks and their midget back destroyed me two weeks ago.

5'10" is a midget now? Also he only had 102 yards rushing in that game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Somnia said:
Just let me know man I have it. I haven't got around to playing it yet since my normal crew from L4D1 haven't been around which is odd since it was our most played game of last year.
Ok. If it distracts you from Madden it's only a benefit for me. :D

Somnia

Wellington said:
Ok. If it distracts you from Madden it's only a benefit for me. :D

:lol I need to play more Madden, but I always end up playing other games. I REALLY need to play more since I have a bye week coming up.

DCX

DCX
How do you guys get new releases on GameFly sent to you. I put some new releases and even recent releases and i got Fight Night Round 4 :/

DCX

CB3

DCX said:
How do you guys get new releases on GameFly sent to you. I put some new releases and even recent releases and i got Fight Night Round 4 :/

DCX
I used to send my game back days prior to the games release and leave nothing on my list but the new release. When it would hit that tuesday i would usually get it shipped

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
I used to send my game back days prior to the games release and leave nothing on my list but the new release. When it would hit that tuesday i would usually get it shipped
Ah ok, so my 50 game que is the issue :lol

DCX

Top Bottom