• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I messed up alot, and I haven't done alot of defense in Madden. That 3-4 just didn't really help. I got pressure maybe twice. And that punt at the end (Not that I had enough time or ability to win), but I royally messed that up. And it was too late for the game to register a fair catch. Total botch job.

PS: I want clarification. Can the away team switch jerseys to be their home team? The Bills and the Patriots Jersey's are Blue, and I have to admit, my old eyes in the beginning was confused when trying to pass.

That was maybe my 3rd full game of Madden and first online.

This Ones For Rorschach!

Andrew Walter BOMBING RUN!

Just a Standard Brady Pass

Rorschach

AWALT! Sweet prince! :(

[edit] And yeah, I hate people switching to the same color I have. I usually switch after I see the other person switching, but I'd hate to play in my away jerseys all year.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
28026_medium.JPG

JAXXXXXXX

THREE Special Team TD's

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
AWALT! Sweet prince! :(

[edit] And yeah, I hate people switching to the same color I have. I usually switch after I see the other person switching, but I'd hate to play in my away jerseys all year.

Awalt actually went 2 for 2 and a perfect rating, if I recall. I bet LJ was all giddy that Brady got knocked out. BOOM came the AWALT-A-THON.

I think I had 8 injuries, but all minor. I think LJ had 1.

Patriots are getting OLD

Striker

Daw and I had both our home jerseys on today, and while it didn't cause the outcome, it does bug me. If you want to wear the home jersey, let me know and I'll switch to my whites!

guys come on. if you are the road team, wear your road jerseys. if you are the home team, wear your home jerseys. i don't mind you doing the throwbacks if they are a different color than your opponents but lets just keep it simple to avoid problems.

LJ11

My bad, I wore the baby blue unis with white pants, felt they were different enough to use against the Pat navy blue/silver.

Lonestar

like I sad, old guy eyes, and the wide out screen, it runs together when you have 4 seconds to get rid of the ball. I eventually focused enough to do damage, but it was late.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you let me know if you're ready before sunday astro! no pressure though ;)
Cool I can probably play some time tomorrow yeah presuming I can get in at least one vs. game before our game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anyone want a game? GT is astrothelad if anyone wants to add too. Also whenever you want FMT. Damn the torpedoes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
GG Wellie that was a lot of fun. You totally shut down the pass--gotta work on making the reads like you were making.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
sableholic said:
bout to sign on if anyone is still up for a game, that or ill just wait till dskillz comes on

GG...The game wouldn't let me audible a few times. That is why I kept calling timeout. I have to do some investigating on the web to see if that is a known bug or what. Calvin Johnson's fumble in the red zone really hurt my chances.

dskillzhtown said:
GG...The game wouldn't let me audible a few times. That is why I kept calling timeout. I have to do some investigating on the web to see if that is a known bug or what. Calvin Johnson's fumble in the red zone really hurt my chances.

GG to you too
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/8653091

yea I had a user strip on that play, really is probably the only reason I won.

Just want you to know on this play i just was trying not to kick it through the endzone so i just went high up, although I was kinda surprised you tried to field it:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/8653169

The other key i think was us both stalling in the redzone, I had a couple nice stops down there, although i'm still mad that I missed this field goal right before half. I thought I had a timeout left, but it wouldn't let me call one so I had to kick it as fast as possible, didnt get to realign it.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/8653262

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/8653166

Shockey with a spin move to get away from two guys was also funny to see, although some of this pro-tak stuff is so unrealistic.

Something that is realistic though is how frail reggie bush is, he had to leave the game at least 4 times

DCX

DCX
GG Astro, his D is awesome...great athletes on the field, you have to be patient and hope to find a hole here and there...on offense he just need to find mid to deep lanes...it's hard to move the ball with 4-5 yard passes especially when i can drop into a mid zone with flat protection...good overall!

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah gg man. Every game is a learning experience now. I think one bad habit I was having was playing too much with leading receivers (bad habit from the 2K5 Max Passing days I guess) which was leading to some really errant throws, even by Football Jesus. I have always had a preference for running and D though so I guess I'll have to learn to change!

Rorschach said:
Is Patrick Willis based on a real human being or did EA just make their "ideal"?

:lol

i think that is the most tackles i've ever accumulated in a video football game. if you count the assisted tackles i think it was 17.

i still got my ass kicked though :( it's either feast or famine with my team! either my guys are being very productive and catching things, or they are dropping shit causing me to get down big and make stupid throws. the asomoguah pick pissed me off though, that shit went through crabtrees stomach and into his hands :lol

astro will you be able to play in a couple hours? or is right now ideal?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Not sure if I'll be around then--can play right now but if that doesn't work we can try later or definitely tomorrow.

Just to confirm also, we don't write down stats or anything, yes? Just what's in the OP re fair play.

Playing another with DCX right now but I can play after that. Also can play per the above.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
sableholic said:
GG to you too
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/8653091

yea I had a user strip on that play, really is probably the only reason I won.

Just want you to know on this play i just was trying not to kick it through the endzone so i just went high up, although I was kinda surprised you tried to field it:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/8653169

The other key i think was us both stalling in the redzone, I had a couple nice stops down there, although i'm still mad that I missed this field goal right before half. I thought I had a timeout left, but it wouldn't let me call one so I had to kick it as fast as possible, didnt get to realign it.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/8653262

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/8653166

Shockey with a spin move to get away from two guys was also funny to see, although some of this pro-tak stuff is so unrealistic.

Something that is realistic though is how frail reggie bush is, he had to leave the game at least 4 times

I really didn't try to field it. I was trying to get people away from it, but one person decided he should be the hero.

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Was plaxico removed during the last update? If not I assume we still won't allow anyone to sign him right?

Plaxico got signed by the Chiefs in my offline franchise. Didn't start until Week 5, got one touchdown, and mostly shutdown when I played the Chiefs in Week 6 (Matt Cassel sucks). Portis broke the 10,000-yd career rush mark with 272yds and 3 TDs. :D

Rorschach

Only 4 games left. :D

Jets/Texans
Rams/Seahawks
9ers/Cards
Bears/Packers

This first week went by smoother than I expected. Good job, gentlemen. Now, if we can get these games in soon, maybe FMT can get his second game in and we won't have to wait to advance week 3 later in the week.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
wow :/ game froze with 1:32 left in the 4th. :/

fmt so it says continue vs. cpu or quit and don't count game. i'm fine with whatever.

got excited too cause when you quit the play started up again but i guess quitting just "unfreezes" it. smh

no you can go ahead and finish against CPU. doubt i would've gotten the onsides kick :(

the score was 17-3, then right as i crossed the goalline it says touchdown and then it froze... but not really froze, i could still hear the crowd chatter but the game wouldn't respond to pauses or timeouts or anything!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yup same here...sooooooo damn terrible on timing. was looking forward to finishing it the right way. ah well hopefully it doesn't happen too often

BigAT

Rorschach said:
Only 4 games left. :D

Jets/Texans
Rams/Seahawks
9ers/Cards
Bears/Packers

This first week went by smoother than I expected. Good job, gentlemen. Now, if we can get these games in soon, maybe FMT can get his second game in and we won't have to wait to advance week 3 later in the week.

Still waiting to hear something from MrBob. Left a message on here, PMed him and attempted to friend request. I haven't heard anything back yet.

gg though astro. my pass defense is awful. i don't know if its my personnel, my playcalling, or both. but i can't get pressure on the qb unless i blitz a few people. when i blitz a few people, i get burned. even when i DO get pressure my guys don't really cover very well. and when they do cover well and place a solid hit on the receiver he still hangs onto the ball. at least my run D is good i guess!

meanwhile on my side of the ball if i can't run im going to lose. i was never very good at passing anyways and this years game seems to prove that more than ever! guess it doesn't help that i have a middle-of-the-road qb (actually his rating went up to 71! yeah!!!) but i have a feeling even if i had peyton manning i wouldn't be setting the world on fire.

oh well, i'll get the #1 pick and pick tim tibrow (this is not a joke, the game generated classes has a qb #15 named tim tibrow....)

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg though astro. my pass defense is awful. i don't know if its my personnel, my playcalling, or both. but i can't get pressure on the qb unless i blitz a few people. when i blitz a few people, i get burned. even when i DO get pressure my guys don't really cover very well. and when they do cover well and place a solid hit on the receiver he still hangs onto the ball. at least my run D is good i guess!

meanwhile on my side of the ball if i can't run im going to lose. i was never very good at passing anyways and this years game seems to prove that more than ever! guess it doesn't help that i have a middle-of-the-road qb (actually his rating went up to 71! yeah!!!) but i have a feeling even if i had peyton manning i wouldn't be setting the world on fire.

oh well, i'll get the #1 pick and pick tim tibrow (this is not a joke, the game generated classes has a qb #15 named tim tibrow....)
Astro's D is crazy...Docket just shoves blocker away to tackle the Rb in the backfield, i had to start running away from him. His corners are good and Dansby...man, it's a good defense for sure. The Cards oline are robots, there is no pressure to be had. I blitzed so many different ways and nothing, not even a hurry.

DCX

DCX said:
Astro's D is crazy...Docket just shoves blocker away to tackle the Rb in the backfield, i had to start running away from him. His corners are good and Dansby...man, it's a good defense for sure. The Cards oline are robots, there is no pressure to be had. I blitzed so many different ways and nothing, not even a hurry.

DCX

i would attribute this to the cards being a highly rated team, but this has happened to me against everyone from the raiders to the cardinals. if i have to put my nickle or dime D on the field, that means trouble for me :(

Top Bottom