• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg though astro. my pass defense is awful. i don't know if its my personnel, my playcalling, or both. but i can't get pressure on the qb unless i blitz a few people. when i blitz a few people, i get burned. even when i DO get pressure my guys don't really cover very well. and when they do cover well and place a solid hit on the receiver he still hangs onto the ball. at least my run D is good i guess!

meanwhile on my side of the ball if i can't run im going to lose. i was never very good at passing anyways and this years game seems to prove that more than ever! guess it doesn't help that i have a middle-of-the-road qb (actually his rating went up to 71! yeah!!!) but i have a feeling even if i had peyton manning i wouldn't be setting the world on fire.

oh well, i'll get the #1 pick and pick tim tibrow (this is not a joke, the game generated classes has a qb #15 named tim tibrow....)
gg man. i was about to say it's just one of those games where it's nice to have the better team considering it's a pretty huge mismatch in the game. i was also lucky to have played 4 games this morning against wellie and dcx to get more disciplined in my passing game or i can guarantee you woulda had a pick 6 or two in there. still was real close at the end until the game decided to just screw us out of a proper finish. i noticed that they had to "check" to see if it was a TD (it was) so that might have frozen it. very annoying if it's a recurring bug.

still a fun time despite the crap at the end.

i also had 2 turnovers in the redzone :(

my guys were so tired on that last drive that 4 of my olineman were on white, shaun hill was on white, frank gore was on white, and michael crabtree was on white. otherwise i would have used the 2 minute warning as a free time out. but i decide to let them get some rest, then after the 2 min warning most of them were all taken out!

oh, and sorry about pausing at the beginning, my roster was all fucked up. had my LB at DE, my backup CB at SS, and some otherweird shit. my offense was untouched strangely

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
Bob found a Cheers series DVD set on Amazon on sale, we're never going to see him again :(
lostsmilex.gif

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Astro: have you thought about that trade yet? :D
Thing is...Breaston was my leading receiver that game. 100+ yards I believe. I need my receivers! (For now) My running game sucks too much!

ps anyone wanna scrimmage? i got about an hour here.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Does anyone else have problems with the EA server? Over 50% of the time the connection to the EA server fails and I have to restart my router and modem, then usually it works. Sometimes it doesn't go at all. Should I forward some ports or something what the fuck...

DCX said:
Astro's D is crazy...Docket just shoves blocker away to tackle the Rb in the backfield, i had to start running away from him. His corners are good and Dansby...man, it's a good defense for sure. The Cards oline are robots, there is no pressure to be had. I blitzed so many different ways and nothing, not even a hurry.

DCX
I could not run at all, and heading towards Dockett's side was pretty much a loss of yardage.

I got two sacks in the first half and then the OLine shut me down no matter what I threw at it.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
Thing is...Breaston was my leading receiver that game. 100+ yards I believe. I need my receivers! (For now) My running game sucks too much!

ps anyone wanna scrimmage? i got about an hour here.
I'll play and show you what shitty WRs I'm playing with here. :(

lolz i can't give auto losses, remember?

also rors (or anyone else), i MAY have takeo spikes for trade if you're looking for a LB. i maybe interested in some defensive line help or a qb if he is good enough (jgar and shaun hill aren't much different, shaun hill is 16 points higher in throwing power :lol )

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lolz i can't give auto losses, remember?

also rors (or anyone else), i MAY have takeo spikes for trade if you're looking for a LB. i maybe interested in some defensive line help or a qb if he is good enough (jgar and shaun hill aren't much different, shaun hill is 16 points higher in throwing power :lol )

But you CAN play the computer (I think)

Kevin Kolb for Takeo!

Fifty

Playing the computer instead of Bob would be giving Chicago an unfair advantage. The CPU is just that much better than him.

(PM'ed Smokey re: our week two game) I promise to use PMs and not clutter the thread about upcoming games! We'll probably advance by tuesday, right? Certainly Wednesday..and then we can get on our normal schedule. Well, after FMT's trip ends.

nope! i can't even put bob on "auto pilot" and let his opponent play the CPU. i would have to remove him from the league and have him re-sign in.

also, remember i'm leaving monday so before i leave Rors will be the commish and he can advance the league (if the games aren't done before i leave). all is well!

p.s. lol cb kolb is probably worse than my 3rd string qb!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nope! i can't even put bob on "auto pilot" and let his opponent play the CPU. i would have to remove him from the league and have him re-sign in.

also, remember i'm leaving monday so before i leave Rors will be the commish and he can advance the league (if the games aren't done before i leave). all is well!

AT the match up screen cant the user press start or back to play the CPU? i could have sworn you could...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Since it's week one, why not remove him and let him join in week 2? He wouldn't be losing any stats or anything since it is week 1.

Rorschach

FMT: why don't you just have MrBob sign out of the league and then you can let his opponent play the CPU. I think you can't kick him, but it shouldn't take him more than a couple of minutes to sign out if he's strapped for time or whatever.

AstroLad said:
:lol told you I needed those receivers more rors.
Bah! Boldin owns everything. You don't need Breaston! What you need is some defensive help like a nice defensive end to go with your great DT play? :3

GGs.

DMczaf

dskillzhtown said:
Since it's week one, why not remove him and let him join in week 2? He wouldn't be losing any stats or anything since it is week 1.

FMT can't kick people, if he kicks them they are banned from the franchise forever.

People CAN exit and enter a league as many times as they want through.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah but jgar is going to retire at the end of this year guaranteed!
So is Spikes. I'm surprised he's still standing.

Also, I don't think Hill is a good long term solution because of his age and rating.

CB3

Rorschach said:
I'll give you an unprecedented first rounder for Maclin.

[edit] Wait, he's not worth that much... just looked at his full ratings. :p Nevermind!

KCurt is only 2 points below mack. TAKE THE DEAL. DO IT

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah but jgar is going to retire at the end of this year guaranteed!

Will players retire in our franchise?

Also, do we know how progression works? As in, will players progress the same way no matter what, based on their 'potential', or will (hopefully) getting big stats with them this year give them a ratings improvement the upcoming year.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Will players retire in our franchise?
Yep.

Also, do we know how progression works? As in, will players progress the same way no matter what, based on their 'potential', or will (hopefully) getting big stats with them this year give them a ratings improvement the upcoming year.
Progression and regression work just like offline franchise as far as I know. It depends on the stats the put up, their potential, their current rating, and their age.

CB3 said:
KCurt is only 2 points below mack. TAKE THE DEAL. DO IT
Hrm...maybe. He's old. Depends on the deal.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Has the web franchise been down the past couple days? Cleared cookies and everything and still says server down.

Just got back from the Gamestop tournament, and I beat everyone out in the store to move on to the second round in Hollywood next week.

Thankfully the guys that played did a good job of playing simulation style ball. That being said, the skill level of the crowd was pretty limited. A lot of guys kept running the same plays, so it was easy to defense the teams there.

Not sure if I'll end up getting far, but I got a sweet limited edition Madden 10 X360 faceplate out of it already. Anything else is butter! :D

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
Just got back from the Gamestop tournament, and I beat everyone out in the store to move on to the second round in Hollywood next week.

Thankfully the guys that played did a good job of playing simulation style ball. That being said, the skill level of the crowd was pretty limited. A lot of guys kept running the same plays, so it was easy to defense the teams there.

Not sure if I'll end up getting far, but I got a sweet limited edition Madden 10 X360 faceplate out of it already. Anything else is butter! :D
Seeing as you are like top 20 in Madden online, this doesn't suprise me...the fact that a top 20 player is in our leagues is cool...the fact that i'll beat you to make the Super Bowl, now that's priceless :D

DCX

DCX said:
Seeing as you are like top 20 in Madden online, this doesn't suprise me...the fact that a top 20 player is in our leagues is cool...the fact that i'll beat you to make the Super Bowl, now that's priceless :D

DCX
Meh...I'm alright but not close to untouchable. Hopefully the level of competition is better next week.

Mrbob

F you you dodger loving bitch cb Ive been busy getting ready to move I was told sept 1st for league start and I would be done!

I am home now big at. It is going to be hit and miss trying to get a game in this week for me. I should be home later at nights most nights though!

Rorschach

CB3 said:
Oh shit bob is almost done with his game. What games do we have left?
Rams/Seahawks (Maybe tonight or tomorrow night)
Jets/Texans (Scheduled for tomorrow at 7)

If FMT can somehow get his week 2 game in before he leaves, we might be able to advance in the middle of the week even while he's gone.

Top Bottom