• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
So do we wait until it advances to play our Week 2 games?
You have to. It won't let you otherwise. If you go on right now, your screen will have the week 1 game up.

We were looking to have a set schedule this year for advancing the weeks, but these first couple of weeks will be a little iffy. We should get on track by week 3 or 4, though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ah got it.

Noob question also, that I can't find in the teeny struction book:
-In game how do you see stamina?
-On the field, any way to see the names of the secondary?

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
Ah got it.

Noob question also, that I can't find in the teeny struction book:
-In game how do you see stamina?
-On the field, any way to see the names of the secondary?
Stamina is represented by the color of your players in the playbook. When you look at the formations, the circles will be:

Green = full stamina
Yellow = medium stamina
Red = low stamina
White = critical stamina

The CPU will usually take out players before they get white. You can set substitution rates in the options menu or the start menu. For example, you can choose to have them switch out your RBs when they reach 80% if you want.

I don't think you're able to see the secondary's names this year unless the defensive player switches to them. :\ I should go check just to be sure, but I hadn't seen an option for it this year.

[edit] Just checked. There isn't an option for that.

Mrbob

Good game AT. I had a terrible start to the game. Fell down 21 to 0 in the first 5 minutes. Tried to battle back but didn't have enough! My very first pass with Cutler was picked off for a pick 6 return! Woodson jumped my slant! :(

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8667038

Then I went 3 and out, punted. Had the Packers on 3rd and 9 and I got Arodged.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8666992

Damn corner can't tackle. :/ Then I had another 3 and out and the packers score again to go 21 to 0. I finally mount a drive to make the game 21 to 7 at the end of the first quarter. 2nd quarter starts packers get the kickoff return to midfield. I hold the packers to 23 yards on 5 plays but its get him into fg range to make it 24 to 7. I take possession once more and jcut drives down the field to make it 24 to 14. Momentum is slowly going in my favor and then on the next packers possession this happens on 2nd down:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8667044

Grant busts through my entire defense attempting a gang tackle for a 62 yard td. :lol :(

So that was a bit demoralizing but I don't give up yet! I drive down and get a fg to make it 31 to 17. With about two minutes left I pick off Rodgers and start a drive. I get down to the 13 yard line with 15 seconds left in the half, 1st and 10. I see Forte open and throw it to him, catching the bal at 4l. To the 3, to the 2, to the 1, TD! What, WHAT!?

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8667055

Forte gets hit at the goal line and fumbles the ball away, Green Bay recovers. :lol That play finished me for the game, and I couldn't get it together in the 2nd half. Now I have some more retooling to do, and thankfully I get another shot at the Pack later this year at Soldier Field!

fellas im home all day tomorrow so if those games get done then i will definitely play my week 2 game (assuming whoever my week 2 opponent is can play...i think i play the seachickens so bluemax)

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
fellas im home all day tomorrow so if those games get done then i will definitely play my week 2 game (assuming whoever my week 2 opponent is can play...i think i play the seachickens so bluemax)

did we advance?

no, not all the games are done so we cannot advance yet. i still dont think ive ever seen matrix post in this thread! where has he been? not that he wont play his game just wondering if he got banned or something

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no, not all the games are done so we cannot advance yet. i still dont think ive ever seen matrix post in this thread! where has he been? not that he wont play his game just wondering if he got banned or something

Ah ok I haven't been on, but thought we may have :D Ready to continue my march to first pick in FA and the Draft!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
I don't know, but he's signed in and Denogg said they're playing tomorrow evening.

BigAT

gg Bob.

I was never comfortable with that game despite my lead. I genuinely thought it was going to end up 50-40 or something the way things were going. That Grant touchdown run was especially satisfying though.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:

He's set to play sunday at 7 eastern. He's been really busy though so he hasn't been able to post much.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DenogginizerOS said:
I contacted Matrix. Our game is scheduled for tomorrow night at 7PM.

Just to double check that is eastern standard time?

Yea what Fifty said, Ive had to have some medical tests done to me this past week that were not fun at all and have knocked me down.

Matrix said:
Just to double check that is eastern standard time?

Yea what Fifty said, Ive had to have some medical tests done to me this past week that were not fun at all and have knocked me down.

dang, hope everything goes well.

p.s. sorry if i came off like a dick i just hadn't seen you post since the game came out

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang, hope everything goes well.

p.s. sorry if i came off like a dick i just hadn't seen you post since the game came out

Thanks.

You didn't come off as a dick, well except in CB's eyes.

I should have mentioned something in here ahead of time since I knew I would be busy and feeling crappy for the whole week.

DCX

DCX
So Matrix and Dskillz is the last game? So i assume we would advance either tonight or tomorrow night. Either way Q ( Panthers ) can you tomorrow night after 9:30pm est? Or tonight same time ( depending on League advancment )

DCX

Bluemax, are you going to be available tonight?

(I also sent him a message via Live so hopefully he's around at some point when I'm home and we can get this done)

GCQuinton

DCX said:
So Matrix and Dskillz is the last game? So i assume we would advance either tonight or tomorrow night. Either way Q ( Panthers ) can you tomorrow night after 9:30pm est? Or tonight same time ( depending on League advancment )

DCX

I probably won't be around tonight, but tomorrow I'm free from 8-10 EST.

LiveWire

storybook if you're around tonight and the league advances I'm around to play our game.

Also, I don't know if there's an option to post trade offers in the franchise, but I need a kicker and a wide receiver. Here's some of the players I would be willing to part with:

Shaun Suisham (K)
Antwaan Randle El (WR)
Ladell Betts (RB)
Fred Davis (TE)

i WILL seriously draft a kicker as high as the 4th round if i see one that has ridiculous leg strength. i can't tell you how many times i get a first down at the 37 and then can't get much beyond that and have to punt because nedneys leg isn't strong enough to nail anything over 50. meanwhile, i push rors back to the 40 and he still nails FG's with plenty of room to spare thanks to that drunken irishman!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i WILL seriously draft a kicker as high as the 4th round if i see one that has ridiculous leg strength. i can't tell you how many times i get a first down at the 37 and then can't get much beyond that and have to punt because nedneys leg isn't strong enough to nail anything over 50. meanwhile, i push rors back to the 40 and he still nails FG's with plenty of room to spare thanks to that drunken irishman!
I'd trade you my punter ( used to be a place kicker until Anderson and Elam came to town...i'd just sign a punter from free agency ) for a CB or WR. or i can send Redman, he is sure to be better than your starters.

DCX

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

In my offline franchise I got a kicker in the sixth who had 97 kpw and 90 accuracy.
I also got a WR in the 4th who had 89 hands, and 96 in speed and 99s in accel/agility. You know, more weapons for Peyton as he heads out to the pasture.

LukeSmith said:
In my offline franchise I got a kicker in the sixth who had 97 kpw and 90 accuracy.
I also got a WR in the 4th who had 89 hands, and 96 in speed and 99s in accel/agility. You know, more weapons for Peyton as he heads out to the pasture.

i'll make sure the sorgi era begins sooner than expected thanks to a blindside blitz from p-will!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:D~

It's harder to kick, though. You really gotta aim that muffugga.

LiveWire said:
storybook if you're around tonight and the league advances I'm around to play our game.

Also, I don't know if there's an option to post trade offers in the franchise, but I need a kicker and a wide receiver. Here's some of the players I would be willing to part with:

Antwaan Randle El (WR)

Nick Folk for Antwaan Randle El? I have three kickers on my roster, and I'm more than willing to part with my best one for Randle El's speed.

Rorschach

Offline franchise cheats so fucking much. Nnamdi was a shoe-in for defensive player of the year and then some shitty Browns player gets 47 tackles in one game and a forced fumble? Fucking bull!

Here are some top teams for team stats in our league, btw:

Total Offense
  1. Jaguars ........... 395
  2. Cowboys ......... 353
  3. Bears .............. 352
  4. Cards .............. 326
  5. Bills ................. 313
  6. Packers ........... 313

Rushing Yards
  1. Ravens ............. 140
  2. Packers ............ 134
  3. Bills ................. 128
  4. Titans ............... 125
  5. Jaguars .............116

Passing Yards

1. Bears ............... 336
  2. Cardinals .......... 296
  3. Patriots ............. 281
  4. Jaguars ............. 279
  5. Falcons .............. 275

Yards Against
  1. Vikings .............. 137
  2. Giants ............... 173
  3. Broncos ............. 176
  4. Cowboys ............ 182
  5. Saints ................ 186

Rushing Yards Allowed
  1. Bills .................... 15
  2. Packers .............. 16
  3. Redskisn ............. 18
  4. 49ers .................. 30
  5. Dolphins .............. 31

Passing Yards Allowed
  1. Vikings ................ 89
  2. Chiefs ................. 122
  3. Broncos ............... 125
  4. Panthers .............. 125
  5. Redskins .............. 128

I'm in no top 5 list. :( First time in forever.

LiveWire

Shawnwhann said:
Nick Folk for Antwaan Randle El? I have three kickers on my roster, and I'm more than willing to part with my best one for Randle El's speed.

I need a receiver to replace El then, cause part of the point of getting a new WR is to return El to the slot. Maybe we can work a 3-way trade with another team? Is that possible in Madden? Anyone else have a #1 or #2 (even a good #3) they're willing to part with?

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg livewire! it felt like the game didn't want me to win or the programmers love them some carlos rodgers :lol

gg. Gore and VD are butterfingers!

So, let's go over my new gameplan for Madden 2010:

1. Run 3 downs with Portis (Do NOT try to pass with Campbell). Score or punt.
2. Left Bumper on D.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
I need a receiver to replace El then, cause part of the point of getting a new WR is to return El to the slot. Maybe we can work a 3-way trade with another team? Is that possible in Madden? Anyone else have a #1 or #2 (even a good #3) they're willing to part with?
I'd get in on a three team trade, id take Carlos Rodgers off your hands for Jenkins.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
storybook77 said:
Bluemax, are you going to be available tonight?

(I also sent him a message via Live so hopefully he's around at some point when I'm home and we can get this done)

Yeah I'm home today, hopefully I won't get called in to work today.

Sorry I haven't been around we're kind of up against a wall at work on this project.

Rorschach

Malley: if the league advances tonight, I'm available for the game. Let me know if you can go today or what day would be best for you.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
RORS we can go tonight if it advances.... anyone want to play now... i need the practice to get back into the swing of things

Matrix

See ya at 7 Denog and thanks.

Btw I have been out of the loop lately, what are the league settings again? Min quarters? Difficulty? etc

Top Bottom