• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

bluemax

Banned
Wow I killed myself today. 4 ints including 2 in the red zone and 1 at the goal line that was retuened for a TD. I dominated on offense and only came away with 14 because of terrible decision making on my part.

GG Storybook this division is gonna be tough.

gg astrolad, some tough breaks for you, especially the below play:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8687099

I saw the replay after I challenged and it definitely looked like a fumble, so i was pretty shocked when it got overturned. heck even under the highlights it said fumble recovered by dockett.

I tried to run most of the end of the 3rd/4th cause i didn't want you to think i was trying to run it up.

also I felt kinda dumb on the touchdown you got as I completely failed at defending that pass, that was one of the few times i think it would have been better if i didnt switch to the guy.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol yeah no worries man gg. I've been having a really tough run the past couple days--learning curve! My passing game especially has been absolutely annihilating me. Hopefully it ends with next week's game.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
im here brother
73jcw1.jpg

bluemax said:
Wow I killed myself today. 4 ints including 2 in the red zone and 1 at the goal line that was retuened for a TD. I dominated on offense and only came away with 14 because of terrible decision making on my part.

GG Storybook this division is gonna be tough.

That interception was definitely the turning point. I was able to handle your offense better in the second half once I started applying a little more pressure. My secondary is definitely not going to cover very well on their own. :lol

My first TD of the season from Bulger to Robinson...

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8687149

The game changing INT return....

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8687124

The dagger delivered by Stephen Jackson...

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8687210

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Denog.

A game of big plays..... :( @ your 103 kr td.

Slaton is a f-ing beast in this game.

I can't believe how much I missed using the 360 controller for Madden. I can actually throw again unlike last year where I couldn't complete a pass for shit with the dual shock.

Somnia

BigAT I'll be available starting right now till 2am CST just let me know. Shoot me an AIM (Somnia1982) if you can otherwise I'll look back here every once in awhile.

LukeSmith said:
EA decided to not show us the end of your clip.

That would be because of the stupid refs having a discussion about whether it was a TD or not. I hope they fix that to at least let the play finish and then have the refs discuss it.

Livewire, I'll be around tonight after 10 EST.

Matrix

Airbrian, when would you like to play our week 2 game?

Can the commishes hook it up the "league news" with some of that old school flava? I'm talking about conference players of the week and matchups of the week. Would it help if we made posts featuring the stats of our best players every week?

We gotta put some legitimate news in that area other than: "EXTRA! EXTRA! ONLINE FRANCHISE WEBSITE SUX CACK!" :lol

Somnia

BigAT I will be unavailable from 8pm-9pm cst sorry if you post between that hour period. Other than that I am available like I said till 2am cst. If not tonight I can't play tomorrow at all (12 hour shift at work along with Batman midnight release to manager over), but I'm available all day Tuesday and Wednesday (off both days).

going to be a long season my friends!

i went 20/24 with shaun hill. the 4 incompletions happened to be INT's. on one i throw deep to crabtree and somehow the CB is running a better route than him and makes an over the shoulder catch. another one i had a guy by the sideline and hill decides to throw back to the inside towards a lb for pick 6. the other 2 picks VD got caught amongst a mass of people and didn't make his cuts. i guess it's my fault for throwing it knowing that there is no such thing as lead passing in the game (rather the qb throws to where the man is).

then my defense.... what else can i say? another raping by a qb because i can't get any pressure. dre bly calmly watches as a ball sails right past him to the WR. my lb's played ok in pass coverage (i stupidly pushed LB instead of Y to knock a ball down instead of pick it), but my Dline is god awful. in 2 games, i cannot remember 1 play that i have gotten pressure on the qb unless i all out blitzed. i would be pissed about it but sadly i'm afraid thats what the real 49ers will look like this year :(

hopefully i get that #1 pick so i can score me some tibrow :D

bluemax

Banned
Dre Bly is a cheap shot artist! FMT tried to kill Deion Branch!

Also how is it that Shaun Hill's only incompletions were completions to my team?

Also there will be highlights later when I get back from dinner!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i guess it's my fault for throwing it knowing that there is no such thing as lead passing in the game
I thought there was lead passing this year? Honestly this is one of my biggest problems so far in learning the game. DB is playing way up and Fitzie has him beat, I try to throw over the top and 50% of the time it's just a bullet to the DB. Or I try to lead someone on a slant and just wind up throwing it to the LB instead.

bluemax said:
Dre Bly is a cheap shot artist! FMT tried to kill Deion Branch!

Also how is it that Shaun Hill's only incompletions were completions to my team?

:lol

oh yeah i got called for a late hit out of bounds with bly! first time i've seen that but i wasn't trying to late hit. he was headed toward me so i hit sticked and the animation took control out of bounds. not my fault ref!

anyone need LB help and have D-line for trade? i'm thinking of switching to a 4-3, which means i have no need for takeo spikes, but do need additional lineman!

spikes is rated a 78 and needs a good home

bluemax

Banned
Okay not gone to dinner yet, here are some highlights!

Crabtree out jumped by Ken Lucas:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8689377

I was actually gonna go short to Housh and then saw Burleson running past FMT who cheated in:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8689367

Lofa Tatupu tricks FMT into throwing it right to Curry (who is a beast in this game):

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8689343

And then on the ensuing drive:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8689382

Which was followed with:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8689396

I love that passing to the RB is finally effective in Madden. Julius Jones might end up with more receiving yards than rushing yards.

Mikki Moore said:
"Would you let someone go into your house, smack your wife around, make a sandwich and change the channel on your TV? We're disgusted with ourselves."

Tonight I am one with you, Mikki.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The Matrix Gif wins the Internet.

Now, I demand one be made for everyone.

Bob's has to have a Remote control, flipping channels.

Bog's has to either be hanging, or slitting his wrists (quitter)

I'll take the one with DM kicking me out of the playoffs once again.

BigAT

Somnia said:
BigAT I will be unavailable from 8pm-9pm cst sorry if you post between that hour period. Other than that I am available like I said till 2am cst. If not tonight I can't play tomorrow at all (12 hour shift at work along with Batman midnight release to manager over), but I'm available all day Tuesday and Wednesday (off both days).

Just figured I'd let you know I'm unavailable tonight so you don't need to keep checking back here. Let's play Tuesday, I'll be around all day as well.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
The Matrix Gif wins the Internet.

Now, I demand one be made for everyone.

Bob's has to have a Remote control, flipping channels.

Bog's has to either be hanging, or slitting his wrists (quitter)

I'll take the one with DM kicking me out of the playoffs once again.
Mine has to be one with my kicking my own name...

DCX

Rorschach

:lol Disconnected AGAIN with 45 seconds left just as I was choosing the play to take the knee. Just fucking great. This time I didn't even use my router.

There were some great plays by DHB and Schilenz *shock* and those will never happen again...

The great run by McFadden won't ever happen again either. Great stuff. :|

btw- why does it always say Malley is kicking a fg when he's punting and vice versa?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Birdman02 said:
Doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to play at all tonight. How's tomorrow work for you? I'm good around 9:30 CDT.
I can usually play after 9 or 10 EST on weeknights yeah.

Somnia

BigAT said:
Just figured I'd let you know I'm unavailable tonight so you don't need to keep checking back here. Let's play Tuesday, I'll be around all day as well.

works for me. I'll be on AIM all day just shoot me a message or pm me on here

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
:lol Disconnected AGAIN with 45 seconds left just as I was choosing the play to take the knee. Just fucking great. This time I didn't even use my router.

There were some great plays by DHB and Schilenz *shock* and those will never happen again...

The great run by McFadden won't ever happen again either. Great stuff. :|

btw- why does it always say Malley is kicking a fg when he's punting and vice versa?

Yea, I'm starting to notice some consistent glitches/disconnects. Storybook and I got disconnected twice, once at the half, once about 5 min in...lots of periodic lag during plays, and then occasionally the status bar (time left, down & distance, etc) just disappears.

Storybook and I had disconnect problems in NCAA; I dunno if it's just us now or something new that happened...Madden wasn't patched this weekend was it?

LiveWire said:
Yea, I'm starting to notice some consistent glitches/disconnects. Storybook and I got disconnected twice, once at the half, once about 5 min in...lots of periodic lag during plays, and then occasionally the status bar (time left, down & distance, etc) just disappears.

Storybook and I had disconnect problems in NCAA; I dunno if it's just us now or something new that happened...Madden wasn't patched this weekend was it?

I don't know what it is, I had no problems playing Bluemax earlier. :(

I'm plugged into a router but it's a wired connection and not wireless. I tried doing port range forward so we'll see how that goes tomorrow night. I don't have any troubles with any other games so I wouldn't think it's on my end but of course, I'm not 100% sure on that.

Striker

TheCrow said:
Striker can you play tonight? I'll probably be on anyway but I might get off early because classes start tomorrow.
I'm off all day tomorrow, so if you can then that's awesome. Got home from work short time ago and have to take care of some things. Tomorrow any time would work the best. What's the best for you?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I dont know wtf is going on the two games i have played on line just end up disconnecting... well the first one is understood because my electricity went out, but with that Fifty was able to just continue it through.

Then tonight with rors it disconnects, and neither him nor I are given the option to continue play and finish the game.. I dont play enough to know if this is going to be a chronic problem, we will see and if it doesnt change we will have to figure something out. tomorrow we can go again if you want.

TheCrow

Striker said:
I'm off all day tomorrow, so if you can then that's awesome. Got home from work short time ago and have to take care of some things. Tomorrow any time would work the best. What's the best for you?

Tomorrow is fine. I'll post here when I can play.

Striker

TheCrow said:
Tomorrow is fine. I'll post here when I can play.
Terrrific. I'll keep an eye out. BTW, I'll wear my white uni's so no mix up of jersey colors. We could be rad and both wear our orange uniforms. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FMT dropped his first two? Changing of the guards is here my friends...

Well, the Giants dropped their first two then won the super bowl anyway.

Top Bottom