• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've been wondering...Will we even know what kind of players will be in a draft at the end of the season. Assuming there is a draft. I'd like to know that if, IFFFFFFF, I was to say, trade Moss for a #1, that there would be some decent WR stock in the draft, and not 18 FB's and 14 Safeties. I assume there is no scouting in the game, either.

Smokey

ph33nix said:
luckily for you i have almost given up on this season and i'm beginning to think about trading my older vets for draft picks :lol

:lol

how are you giving up 2 games in :lol?

lets resume trade talks later tonight buddy. i can help you out.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
You'll get it when we play. Luke beat me 42-21.

Then again maybe it was his elite team like Rors says.... but I have an elite team too (which is nullified by the inability of the DLine to fucking do anything. I mean seriously, why can't my two 94+ ends get into the backfield at all without me having to blitz? I'm not saying it has to happen all game, but I'd like to see once from each of them at some point. Hell even Dwight Freeney came free for a sack against me and he only had like one good year in the NFL).

Season over Season Sacks
Osi
1, 7, 14.5, 6, 13, IR

Justin Tuck
1, 0, 10, 12

Dwight Freeney
13, 11, 16, 11, 5.5, 3.5, 10.5

Yep, one good season.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So was Kurt Warner the QB of the week? The dude is awesome--I remember him from his Arena days but never knew he got this good.

9gyfcg.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Slo said:
You've got the wrong guy, buddy!

Ooops!

Daw, when do you want to play our game? I can play tonight after the preseason game because I am a NFL junkie. If not, we can wait until tomorrow night.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Season over Season Sacks
Osi
1, 7, 14.5, 6, 13, IR

Justin Tuck
1, 0, 10, 12

Dwight Freeney
13, 11, 16, 11, 5.5, 3.5, 10.5

Yep, one good season.
You looked up the stats, did your eyes glance over to the left to see how many games they played/started? The drop to 6 sacks was because he had that hip flexor injury and could barely move (Osi). For Tuck he hasn't been able to get on the field due to a hall of famer being ahead of him on the depth chart (Strahan). Still managed 10 sacks from the bench in 07 and in 08, while being slowed by injury and drawing all double teams, still got 12.

Sucks about Freeney sucking tho.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
You looked up the stats, did your eyes glance over to the left to see how many games they played/started? The drop to 6 sacks was because he had that hip flexor injury and could barely move (Osi). For Tuck he hasn't been able to get on the field due to a hall of famer being ahead of him on the depth chart (Strahan). Still managed 10 sacks from the bench in 07 and in 08, while being slowed by injury and drawing all double teams, still got 12.

Sucks about Freeney sucking tho.

Freeney's lone season of "I played every game and only had 5.5 sacks" doesn't bug me in light of the rest of his superb career.

LiveWire said:
sable, when you get a chance, check your league inbox. Sent you a trade proposal.

k lemme go take a look, i think you can see them online.

Edit: i'll think about it and get back to you tomorrow. (i'd respond today, but I gotta leave work now to drive to buffalo and take care of some things).

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
I've been wondering...Will we even know what kind of players will be in a draft at the end of the season. Assuming there is a draft. I'd like to know that if, IFFFFFFF, I was to say, trade Moss for a #1, that there would be some decent WR stock in the draft, and not 18 FB's and 14 Safeties. I assume there is no scouting in the game, either.
Deal. Let's get this done.

Ramirez said:
I thought trading for picks wasn't in the game?
It isn't, but if you trust the person to make the pick for you come draft time, then you can make deals. :p

[edit]Once FMT gets back, maybe he will allow us to pick up fodder from FA (who would then be cut) to trade players for picks. That way, you're basically trading nothing but the pick for the player.

Rorschach

Striker said:
*checks Trades*

None for me?!
I guess everyone gave up on you. You're gonna trade, then you're not, then you are, then you are but only with a certain person, then you're not, then you are, then NO WAY IN HELL you are....

I'm still interested in Braylon if the price is right!

Striker

DCX said:
I'd take Baylon or Moss for a number 1.

DCX
Your #1 will be in the 20's :(

Rorschach said:
I guess everyone gave up on you. You're gonna trade, then you're not, then you are, then you are but only with a certain person, then you're not, then you are, then NO WAY IN HELL you are....

I'm still interested in Braylon if the price is right!
I never said I wasn't!

CB3 said:
Braylon Edwards for Kevin Kolb
:|

I already have shit players at QB.

DCX

DCX
Striker said:
Your #1 will be in the 20's :(

I never said I wasn't!

:|

I already have shit players at QB.
Wow, thanks, you're assuming i'm going to be playoff bound and win my division. I'd give you a 1 this year and a 3rd rounder next. The best i can do.

DCX

Rorschach

I'd give a #2 and #3 for Bray-bray. I'm the Raiders, so you know it's gonna be a low pick. And if you need to build a defense, 2 picks are better than 1! ;b

Dskillz: I just realized Daw is banned, so he won't see your message. Try aim or XBL?

AIM daw840daw
Yahoo! daw840
XBL DarkQberto

LiveWire

Wait, we can trade picks? I didn't see that option in the trade generator (it's in offline franchise but not in online that I've seen)!

Who wants my round 1-7 picks (I NEED A QUARTERBACK)?

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Wait, we can trade picks? I didn't see that option in the trade generator (it's in offline franchise but not in online that I've seen)!

JRuss for all your picks. Or JGar for your 2nd rounder.

And you can trade picks, but only if you trust that the other guy will be at the draft. We can't trade them through the game.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I'd give a #2 and #3 for Bray-bray. I'm the Raiders, so you know it's gonna be a low pick. And if you need to build a defense, 2 picks are better than 1! ;b

Dskillz: I just realized Daw is banned, so he won't see your message. Try aim or XBL?

AIM daw840daw
Yahoo! daw840
XBL DarkQberto
Don't listen to him, he's an elite player and will pick like 30th.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Don't listen to him, he's an elite player and will pick like 30th.

DCX
I'm winless. You're undefeated!

LiveWire said:
Done and DONE. I'll send over the paperwork.
Yeah, right. Nnamdi is worth your entire next two drafts, Santana Moss, Cooley, and all your DBs. At least.

Striker

Wellington said:
Striker, would you be interested in TT? He is buried deeper than Kiwi on my depth chart and has a high POT.
What would you want for him? I do need CB help, since Eric Wright is by far my best player in the secondary.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Striker said:
What would you want for him? I do need CB help, since Eric Wright is by far my best player in the secondary.

ill undercut CK and offer Ellis Hobbs

LiveWire said:
Somnia and Shawn, sent you two trade proposals as well. Let's make a deal! :D

Reviewed your trade offer of

Shaun Suisham and Marques Hagans

For..

David "Mule Kickin..." Buehler

and I had a great :lol

Deal didn't help me out at all, so I had to reject it.

However I made a quality counter proposal that'll help us both out...

Jones.bmp

"Your move"

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:

Carlos Rodgers for this years number 2!

DCX

Striker

TheCrow said:
Striker, I can play now.

Edit: should have just checked the franchise lobby. :(
I sent you two invites. Where you at? I'm ready to get burnt by Marshall, Royal, and Moreno. :(

edit

nvm!

edit

fucking EA. I am able to pick my team but kicks the session out.

LiveWire

Shawnwhann said:
Reviewed your trade offer of

Shaun Suisham and Marques Hagans

For..

David "Mule Kickin..." Buehler

and I had a great :lol

Deal didn't help me out at all, so I had to reject it.

However I made a quality counter proposal that'll help us both out...

Hey, Suisham started out a Cowboy! Just sending him back home! :D

(I signed Buehler as a FA in my offline franchise, big part of the 11-0 Redskins season so far... :lol)

Your proposal is decent, let me see how some other trades work out, I may agree to it then (if so you'd probably have him by Week 3). When is the trading deadline, BTW?

Can't believe I'm talking trades with a Cowboys fan. What has the world come to?

Striker

It's letting me enter games online (quick match, unranked). Other guys are picking uniforms and other teams. For your Broncos it's just the Broncos logo screen. :\

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
When is the trading deadline, BTW?
Week 6.

Can't believe I'm talking trades with a Cowboys fan. What has the world come to?
You're making the favorite of your own division stronger. What could possibly go wrong?

[edit] Oh yeah, I think we should let Bluemax get Edge.

Striker

TheCrow said:
Just checked some ranked games and I see the opponents picking uniforms as well
Hmm, wonder wtf is going on. We never had problems with EA/our matchups before, and we played 2-3 times.

I'll reset my stuff, see if that works.

Top Bottom