• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone notice f-ing MTV ad's popping up tonight? so annoying.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah some of those were pretty rough too. The Boldin one over the middle was tough. And fucking Fitz one-on-one and for some reason in this game he never wins those jump balls for me and it's always an INT even though that's like 50% of the Cards O IRL. Gritty game but Young Kurt Warner and the Boys will bounce back.

gg Livewire....well, at least for you. :lol

Couple of bad decisions on my part plus Bulger deciding his receivers were wearing white even when the guy I was trying to throw to was open spelled my doom.

Haynesworth is a fucking beast. I couldn't get a run game going early on and then the turnovers came, that was that.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Actually pretty excited about my start considering I haven't played Madden in six years. Just wanted to be competitive and so far so good.

LiveWire

storybook77 said:
gg Livewire....well, at least for you. :lol

Couple of bad decisions on my part plus Bulger deciding his receivers were wearing white even when the guy I was trying to throw to was open spelled my doom.

Haynesworth is a fucking beast. I couldn't get a run game going early on and then the turnovers came, that was that.

Yea, I tried to stop the scoring at the beginning of the 4th. Score could've easily been 56-7. I don't know what the official rule is, but I figured that was enough. It took every ounce of self-restraint not to take another Portis 50-yarder to the house.

I kinda figured you would target certain receivers so I spotlighted and switched over to the DB on the Hall and Smoot picks. But the rest was all the scheme, I couldn't believe it. Nearly every Redskins DB had a pick. :lol

Some videos, including what will likely be the league's longest rushing TD:

Portis' first big gain in the 1st quarter, helped the Skins break the 3-and-out deadlock and set up a Mike Sellers TD:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8713986

DeAngelo Hall a.k.a. The Phenom Part 1:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8713993

DeAngelo Hall a.k.a The Phenom Part 2:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8713996

Portis doin his thing:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8713997

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8714023

We're gassing up the bandwagon here in DC! Superbowl baby!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!

Hall part 1 was meant for the inside receiver instead it sailed over his head for the pick 6.

Thanks BULGER! :lol

It's not like I have a lot of receivers to throw to. :(

I need to get my run game going to open the pass but once I got down 21-0, there was nothing I could do.

LiveWire

storybook77 said:
Hall part 1 was meant for the inside receiver instead it sailed over his head for the pick 6.

Thanks BULGER! :lol

It's not like I have a lot of receivers to throw to. :(

I need to get my run game going to open the pass but once I got down 21-0, there was nothing I could do.

See what's weird to me is that of all the games I've played in my offline franchise, the Rams game was the toughest...well, maybe the Saints, since my only loss so far was to them, 56-39 :lol. Their defense blew chunks, even Campbell almost managed a 4th quarter comeback.

But the Rams D (or as I like to call them, the Laurinaitis Boys) fucked my shit up all game long. He was EVERYWHERE, just like I remember him being in NCAA08. If I were you, I'd just blitz him a lot or put him in coverage in the flats and watch the tackles go up.

AirBrian

Matrix said:
Holy shit Brian you almost gave me a heart attack with that game :lol

GG dude.
Haha, yeah, that was a great game. I freakin' choked hard (Cubs style!) at the end there. Oh that was so frustrating. And your damn run defense was all over the place. Except for those two big runs from CJ, you shut my butt down!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
after another ridiculous lobsided loss... can anyone explain to me that regardless of where I am kicking a field goal if I have full power the ball goes no where whatsoever.. I had 2 45 yd fgs just reach the endzone even though I was at full power... maybe my kicker just sucks... guess I will be trying to get a kicker with the first pick in the draft.

this shit sucks

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
after another ridiculous lobsided loss... can anyone explain to me that regardless of where I am kicking a field goal if I have full power the ball goes no where whatsoever.. I had 2 45 yd fgs just reach the endzone even though I was at full power... maybe my kicker just sucks... guess I will be trying to get a kicker with the first pick in the draft.

this shit sucks
I think I just figured it out after looking at the stats... you have your punter starting as kicker and vice versa.

Succopp is your kicker and he's alright IRL so he must have a decent Madden rating.

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
We're gassing up the bandwagon here in DC! Superbowl baby!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!

You couldn't win a Super Bowl with the Patriots when they were in their prime!

It's going to be so sad in Week 8 when the NFC East shittalking stops because the division is decided.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:

It's going to be so sad in Week 8 when the NFC East shittalking stops because the division is decided.
SuperBowl? Try the playoffs! ;)

Ramirez

LukeSmith said:

Reality bites!

Birdman02

Rorschach said:
I think I just figured it out after looking at the stats... you have your punter starting as kicker and vice versa.

Succopp is your kicker and he's alright IRL so he must have a decent Madden rating.

Rors is right. Colquitt's probably rated higher OVR than Succop, but Colquitt's kick power is only 76....Succop is rated 90 in kick power, but only 58 OVR.

LiveWire said:
See what's weird to me is that of all the games I've played in my offline franchise, the Rams game was the toughest...well, maybe the Saints, since my only loss so far was to them, 56-39 :lol. Their defense blew chunks, even Campbell almost managed a 4th quarter comeback.

But the Rams D (or as I like to call them, the Laurinaitis Boys) fucked my shit up all game long. He was EVERYWHERE, just like I remember him being in NCAA08. If I were you, I'd just blitz him a lot or put him in coverage in the flats and watch the tackles go up.

Yea, I'm still getting a feel for the Rams since they're obviously not my team. Had a good game against Bluemax but just flat out sucked tonight. I get the Packers next, I just want to be competitive at the least.

Speaking of the Saints, I got my ass handed to me by them in my offline franchise as well. I couldn't find an answer on defense for them. Of course it doesn't help that the flats coverage is all sorts of fucked up so Bush killed me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AirBrian said:
Haha, yeah, that was a great game. I freakin' choked hard (Cubs style!) at the end there. Oh that was so frustrating. And your damn run defense was all over the place. Except for those two big runs from CJ, you shut my butt down!

Sadly that's how I usually play when it comes to D. I give up big plays Texans style.

I also cant believe I booted a 36 yard fg.... I blame the small amount of lag we had :p

AirBrian

Ramirez said:
I was like just gotta make it past the punter! :lol The Parker TD seemed like some of the game's non tackling BS, IMO.
Yeah, my neighbors probably weren't too happy with me when you returned that punt. :lol :-(

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
wow... wtf... why would that even be set up that way??? this is the first time ever i had to do that... also i may have to put thigpen in because cassell threw 2 tds to oakland today

Matrix

AirBrian

Matrix said:
Damn Oilers uni's pissing me off >_<

I know you were so tempted to wear those against me Brian :lol
:lol! I even had them selected for a second, but I couldn't remember if you were white or blue!

Matrix

AirBrian said:
:lol! I even had them selected for a second, but I couldn't remember if you were white or blue!

haha I figured that was why you backed out from picking them :D

TheCrow

I don't know what the problem is but striker and I can't play. Let alone start a game.

I was able to play both an unranked and a ranked game, well my opponents quit but that's beside the point. I guess we will have to try again tomorrow. :/

Mrbob

Matrix said:
I want my Batman biznatch! And I've only posted tonight you stalker :lol

matrixadw
Super CAG Man

:D

My copy of Batman hasn't shipped yet either. :( Amazon says it should be here tomorrow. Who will rack up more trophies?!

Matrix

AirBrian said:
And my two bright spots from our game:

81-yard run by CJ:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8713543

39-yard run by CJ:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8713564

I couldn't stomach uploading any of your goal-line stands.

I forgot to save some of my Slaton highlights, he's a one man team sometimes. So odd to have a running back again.

I should have saved those goal line stands and rubbed them in your baby bears face, but I always feel if I do stuff like that karma will come back to bite me in the ass.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
matrixadw
Super CAG Man

My copy of Batman hasn't shipped yet either. :( Amazon says it should be here tomorrow. Who will rack up more trophies?!

:lol

I joined looking for deals, I'm cheap. My post count their is small. Of course I will have more trophies then you cause I don't watch every tv show known to man and will have more time to play.

Striker

TheCrow said:
I don't know what the problem is but striker and I can't play. Let alone start a game.

I was able to play both an unranked and a ranked game, well my opponents quit but that's beside the point. I guess we will have to try again tomorrow. :/
I got tired and signed off.

I was able to get into other games online too, ranked or not. Not sure what's up. :\

AirBrian

Matrix said:
I forgot to save some of my Slaton highlights, he's a one man team sometimes. So odd to have a running back again.

I should have saved those goal line stands and rubbed them in your baby bears face, but I always feel if I do stuff like that karma will come back to bite me in the ass.
Probably a wise decision.

hss7ex.gif

Matrix

I know this isn't a league play video, but I don't think Ive ever pulled this off before in the history of me playing Madden. My brain never thinks fast enough to do stuff like this. It was a rare play for me.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8668512

Rorschach

TheCrow said:

Can't even start? Can one of you play without a router?

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
I am currently living in a college dorm but I am on the wired connection which worked well enough in week one.
Yeah, it's just that sometimes it works when one or both play without a router. This happens every year. Two people just aren't compatible and playing without the router sometimes helps. Maybe he is able to.

BUBUBUBUBU THIS IS A PS3 PROBLEM!!! *pokes FMT*

Striker

Rorschach said:
Yeah, it's just that sometimes it works when one or both play without a router. This happens every year. Two people just aren't compatible and playing without the router sometimes helps. Maybe he is able to.

BUBUBUBUBU THIS IS A PS3 PROBLEM!!! *pokes FMT*
I'll try it.

Weird because we both had clean, smooth games in NCAA prior to this. I'll have until 2:30 est tomorrow if you want to try then, Crow, if not, gotta wait past 10...

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:

The Patriots couldn't win a Super Bowl when they were in their prime!

Sev-en-teen poooints.......haaa haaa haaa......

And the shittalking won't stop, don't worry, I've got plans for after I've clinched the playoffs, the division, home field advantage, etc.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
The Patriots couldn't win a Super Bowl when they were in their prime!

And the shittalking won't stop, don't worry, I've got plans for after I've clinched the playoffs, the division, home field advantage, etc.

how you gonna think about clinching the division when you wanna give shawn another weapon for his team?

And your not even counting me and CK laying low

LiveWire

CB3 said:
how you gonna think about clinching the division when you wanna give shawn another weapon for his team?

And your not even counting me and CK laying low

Pfft, just like the real life Jints, CK is done. They're 4th place in the East this season. It's between you and the Boys for 2nd. I'll admit you're dangerous. But I've got plans....

And after seeing even more even of how shitty Campbell is, I may not pass at all, so might not need to trade with Shawn. :D

Somnia

Sorry Live, but I have to say no to the trade. You made me think hard there for a second, BUT hit me up again after FA signings happen and let me see where I stand after that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
Pfft, just like the real life Jints, CK is done. They're 4th place in the East this season. It's between you and the Boys for 2nd. I'll admit you're dangerous. But I've got plans....

alg_mcnabb.jpg

Top Bottom