• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

Somnia said:
Sorry Live, but I have to say no to the trade. You made me think hard there for a second, BUT hit me up again after FA signings happen and let me see where I stand after that.

No worries....if you think of a way I can sweeten the deal, feel free to shoot me a trade proposal with an extra player.

Rorschach

Offer me some trades! Haynesworth for JRuss straight up.

Striker said:
I'll try it.

Weird because we both had clean, smooth games in NCAA prior to this. I'll have until 2:30 est tomorrow if you want to try then, Crow, if not, gotta wait past 10...
Yeah, it's weird. We've had the same complaints in previous years, though. NCAA plays fine, but Madden won't let them connect to a certain person.

Thanks for trying it and thanks to both of you for making yourselves available to keep trying.

Somnia

Rorschach said:
Offer me some trades! Haynesworth for JRuss straight up.

Yeah, it's weird. We've had the same complaints in previous years, though. NCAA plays fine, but Madden won't let them connect to a certain person.

Thanks for trying it and thanks to both of you for making yourselves available to keep trying.

Ya Ramirez and I had this problem on the ps3 version of Madden. Ramirez had to direct connect anytime we'd play.

LiveWire said:
Pfft, just like the real life Jints, CK is done. They're 4th place in the East this season. It's between you and the Boys for 2nd. I'll admit you're dangerous. But I've got plans....

And after seeing even more even of how shitty Campbell is, I may not pass at all, so might not need to trade with Shawn. :D
My sweet deal won't be on the table forever... make a decision!

CB what time will you be available today? I'll be around 4-5:30 est if you can make that. Otherwise I'll be on sometime later in the night maybe around 10est

DCX

DCX
GCQuinton said:
Yeah, really. Hopefully it'll all work out tomorrow night. Both games (before they were dropped) were battles, though. I look forward to actually finishing it!
Hey what time can you play, i'm home all day!

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Pfft, just like the real life Jints, CK is done. They're 4th place in the East this season. It's between you and the Boys for 2nd. I'll admit you're dangerous. But I've got plans....

And after seeing even more even of how shitty Campbell is, I may not pass at all, so might not need to trade with Shawn. :D
Wow. Win one game over me and all the shit starts? Get it out of your system, that was your first and last win against me in Madden 10.

Luckily for the rest of the NFC East I have not had time to play at all with my job, fitness goals, and more importantly the renovations on my house. I'll get you fucks during the charge to the playoffs.

Wellington said:
Wow. Win one game over me and all the shit starts? Get it out of your system, that was your first and last win against me in Madden 10.

Luckily for the rest of the NFC East I have not had time to play at all with my job, fitness goals, and more importantly the renovations on my house. I'll get you fucks during the charge to the playoffs.

i know you want joey porter for a 2nd rounder

ph33nix said:
i know you want joey porter for a 2nd rounder

all it would take is a second rounder (has to be a inside joke or something)? hell i'd give a lot more than that, but then again im desperate for lbs.

Oh and sorry Live, i'm going to have to decline that trade as well.

sableholic said:
all it would take is a second rounder (has to be a inside joke or something)? hell i'd give a lot more than that, but then again im desperate for lbs.

rly??

let's talk

the porter sweepstakes has
unofficially
begun!

ph33nix said:
rly??

let's talk

the porter sweepstakes has
unofficially
begun!

is there anything you are looking for in particular? or just a draft pick and a replacement lb? (assuming you are serious). also maybe i shouldn't have said a lot more lol, but I'd certainly part with what you mentioned in a heartbeat.

LiveWire

Shawnwhann said:
My sweet deal won't be on the table forever... make a decision!

commodusthumbsdown.jpg

LiveWire

sableholic said:

Hmm, you say you need LBs eh? Let me see what I can do.

I revised the trade to include a LOLB, let me know what you think.

LiveWire said:
Hmm, you say you need LBs eh? Let me see what I can do.

I revised the trade to include a LOLB, let me know what you think.

Fincher doesn't provide me an upgrade over simoneau or fujita for that matter, so I'm going to have to decline again. Should have said I was looking for starting LBs to replace my current LOLB and ROLB.

However I do want to thank you, I didn't realize my Punter was a Kicker and that Carney was starting over Hartley. If anybody wants Carney let me know (i doubt it since his kick power is weaker).

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Fincher doesn't provide me an upgrade over simoneau or fujita for that matter, so I'm going to have to decline again. Should have said I was looking for starting LBs to replace my current LOLB and ROLB.

However I do want to thank you, I didn't realize my Punter was a Kicker and that Carney was starting over Hartley. If anybody wants Carney let me know (i doubt it since his kick power is weaker).

No worries, I appreciate you taking a look. I wish we could just sign FAs. :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Come to think of it, I'm willing to part with one of my 400 quality DLineman + an LB for a stud OLB. I will peruse NFL rosters and contact some people for trade proposals. Let's help each other.

I'll think about it. All I want is young talent+high draft picks in return.
Pennington's gonna go too...it's Chad Henne time...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Damn I just want to play my next game now. Get some revengeance for a tough last game on poor lukesmith.

Also anyone feel free to make me offers. Probably not super likely to accept unless it's very lopsided in my favor but I am considering upgrading my D.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Come to think of it, I'm willing to part with one of my 400 quality DLineman + an LB for a stud OLB. I will peruse NFL rosters and contact some people for trade proposals. Let's help each other.

Orakpo for Tuck and Umenyiora.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ph33nix said:
Kiwanuka is young. What is he now like 25!?

How well does the player progression actually work though? I am somewhat debating just taking out old Danny Clark and plugging in Clint Sintim or one of my other young LBers and seeing what happens. The only thing that would suck is that I can't blitz with the guy. That's a rule that should be revisited. I understand no outside blitzes, but if I can make it through "the pocket" I should be able to get the sack.

I've got to consider this!

Thanks for scaring Livewire off my deal everyone! :lol

Not to self, never negotiate any deals in the public thread...

Anybody else looking for a powerful kicker in exchange for a fast WR, send me a PM! :D

Wellington said:
Kiwanuka is young. What is he now like 25!?

How well does the player progression actually work though? I am somewhat debating just taking out old Danny Clark and plugging in Clint Sintim or one of my other young LBers and seeing what happens. The only thing that would suck is that I can't blitz with the guy. That's a rule that should be revisited. I understand no outside blitzes, but if I can make it through "the pocket" I should be able to get the sack.

I've got to consider this!

I'll think. Tonight, I'm going to look through the rosters of people interested in my dudes and I'll figure what I want. Also, a friend and I are cruising through another online franchise where we sim everything except the games we play against each other. I'll be able to tell how well progression works.

Then again I could also win my next 14 games and go 14-2!

LiveWire

AstroLad said:
Damn I just want to play my next game now. Get some revengeance for a tough last game on poor lukesmith.

Also anyone feel free to make me offers. Probably not super likely to accept unless it's very lopsided in my favor but I am considering upgrading my D.

Any particular spots on D you're looking to upgrade? I made an offer, take a look at let me know what you think.

Also willing to consider draft picks.

ph33nix said:

Sadly I have no LB youth to really offer you, but my draft pick almost certainly will be higher than Wellington's :lol

Somnia

BigAT I'm on AIM now (Somnia1982) and available whenever you are. Shoot me a IM or let me know in here. I'm also on live for a little bit. I'm pretty much free all day unless I get the call from my work that the new slim's are in then I'll be gone to pick that up for a half an hour :D

Smokey

Wellington said:
Suddenly this became an NBA league.

It was bound to happen.

Shawnwhann said:
Thanks for scaring Livewire off my deal everyone! :lol

Not to self, never negotiate any deals in the public thread...

Anybody else looking for a powerful kicker in exchange for a fast WR, send me a PM! :D

Shit sucks doesn't it?

There are noted cockblockers that don't like me dealing with my reputable business partners in the NBA2K9 league.

Not fair, but what are ya gonna do?

Also when do we advance to week 3? Are the advancements still scheduled to happen every Wed/Sat?

Rorschach

Don't worry, gentlemen. Trades have to be approved my the commish. :3

Everyone cool your jets. This won't turn into the 2k leagues. Don't feel like you need to make moves right now to keep up.

Smokey said:
Also when do we advance to week 3? Are the advancements still scheduled to happen every Wed/Sat?
Not this week, but starting next week, we should be stable.

Astro: Trade rejected. I'm giving up way more than I'm getting in that deal. Yes, I have a strong need at WR, but I'm not going to be taken advantage of. ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah, my thinking is that a CB won't have nearly the direct impact that Boldin has even though Boldin is technically rated a few points lower. He has 200+ yards receiving already and I am fucking terrible at passing in this game (in fairness to me, I've only played ten games of Madden--all this week--in the past six years). Couldn't even imagine what he'd do in the hands of someone skilled offensively.

To digress, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=boldin+trade.

LukeSmith

I'm looking for a linebacker, otherwise, I'm mostly happy with my team. If anyone has an embarrassment of riches at the position, I'll listen.

Wellington said:
Suddenly this became an NBA league.

just wait till viakado joins

Smokey said:
There are noted cockblockers that don't like me dealing with my reputable business partners in the NBA2K9 league.

bull fucking shit.

your business "partner" is Daw and all you do every season is trade him Brent Barry for his second best player

Striker

FA signings aren't far away. It won't likely bring in starters except a few people, but it's better than dealing away a player you would want to keep.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
Yeah, my thinking is that a CB won't have nearly the direct impact that Boldin has even though Boldin is technically rated a few points lower. He has 200+ yards receiving already and I am fucking terrible at passing in this game (in fairness to me, I've only played ten games of Madden--all this week--in the past six years). Couldn't even imagine what he'd do in the hands of someone skilled offensively.

To digress, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=boldin+trade.
Nnamdi is a complete game changer (yes, as a CB) and the highest rated at his position. Plus, he's a run stuffer and sure tackler. His absence would completely change my defensive style and allow for less risk. On top of that, you're taking my fastest and best (statistically) LB.

And no one would trade for Boldin because the price is too high. I think this might be the case in our league too. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Fine with me, like I said before I'm happy and perhaps dependent on having three great receivers. Also, it's not like an offer precludes counteroffers. I don't have a set "price" for anything, just evaluate each potential trade on an individual basis.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Nnamdi is a complete game changer (yes, as a CB) and the highest rated at his position. Plus, he's a run stuffer and sure tackler. His absence would completely change my defensive style and allow for less risk. On top of that, you're taking my fastest and best (statistically) LB.

And no one would trade for Boldin because the price is too high. I think this might be the case in our league too. :p

Nnamdi is easily one of the five best players in Madden 10. I hate playing Rors :(

Rorschach

Astro: I might have a counter offer in the works. :p

TheCrow said:
Is there any way to check the free agents through the franchise website?
You have to go to add/drop players, but don't sign anyone.

If any of you clowns signs someone, it will show up on the front page. Just to let you know. :p

Oh, and I would count out Edge. I don't know if FMT will agree, but I think Bluemax should get him.

LukeSmith said:
Nnamdi is easily one of the five best players in Madden 10. I hate playing Rors :(
Preach it! :D

Top Bottom