• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
And no one would trade for Boldin because the price is too high. I think this might be the case in our league too. :p

No one? Are you sure?

14j6i6e.png

LiveWire

AstroLad said:
LiveWire--the offer is fair but sorry my issue is age.

Age? He's good for at least 3 more years. It will make a big difference on your D, trust me. Plus, you're getting a young, high potential offensive player. Go grab a beer or three and think about it, then come back and click Approve. :D

Rorschach said:
Livewire might end up being the first and only owner without trade privileges.

Don't hate because I'm willing to wheel and deal to stack my team. If anything, I'm being the most realistic sim owner of anyone! :lol

Rorschach said:
You have to go to add/drop players, but don't sign anyone.

Oh, and I would count out Edge. I don't know if FMT will agree, but I think Bluemax should get him.

Hmm don't see add/drop players anywhere on the website, what page exactly is it on? I won't be adding anyone, just wanted to look at the list

I assume he'll have to drop Duckett then, no? Not that I care , just saying.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
Hmm don't see add/drop players anywhere on the website, what page exactly is it on? I won't be adding anyone, just wanted to look at the list

I assume he'll have to drop Duckett then, no? Not that I care , just saying.
Yep. I'm dropping Neal too, but I need to ask FMT how to handle it since he's retired. I've been using O'Neal in my games.

Wellington said:
With no contracts I don't think it matters.
I meant in terms of the proposed trade. That was quite a "price." ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Injuries are on, but has anyone actually gotten injured? Seems like it happens half the time in my non-league matches but haven't seen any mention of it here.

AstroLad said:
Injuries are on, but has anyone actually gotten injured? Seems like it happens half the time in my non-league matches but haven't seen any mention of it here.

Bush goes out every 5 plays or so it seems with a injury, stays out for 5-10 plays after I say I don't want to risk it, then comes back in. I should probably trade him before he gets seriously injured lol.

LukeSmith

RE: Edge

I think it's a slippery slope if we start awarding signings that took place in the pre-season. In Edge's case, I don't think it's a big deal at all - but the road to consistently enforce something like this is fraught with peril.

LiveWire

AstroLad said:

In the first Rams game storybook and I started but got disconnected, I think someone got put on the cart on the first series.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
RE: Edge

I think it's a slippery slope if we start awarding signings that took place in the pre-season. In Edge's case, I don't think it's a big deal at all - but the road to consistently enforce something like this is fraught with peril.
It's a big off-season aquisition and the other option would have been to start the league in mid-september. I think we should allow Edge (jealous?!), but not allow stuff that happens after we get the FA stuff going, obviously.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I also wonder, if a player gets injured for the season in real life, will EA forcechange all the rosters, including any involving the online franchises. I mean, once we started the franchise, it should be it's on, contained world. They added in Favre and Vick, and we waited a day or 2 on that, but then started. Should the real world interfere now?

I don't have a problem with Blue getting Edge, as I don't think he'd be a plus on my team, but someone else might want a serviceable RB, such as Edge.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Yeah, I also wonder, if a player gets injured for the season in real life, will EA forcechange all the rosters, including any involving the online franchises. I mean, once we started the franchise, it should be it's on, contained world. They added in Favre and Vick, and we waited a day or 2 on that, but then started. Should the real world interfere now?

I don't have a problem with Blue getting Edge, as I don't think he'd be a plus on my team, but someone else might want a serviceable RB, such as Edge.
Rosters do not affect us after we've started franchise. We don't get roster updates since our teams develop based on our circumstances.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
It's a big off-season aquisition and the other option would have been to start the league in mid-september. I think we should allow Edge (jealous?!), but not allow stuff that happens after we get the FA stuff going, obviously.

I still think there was a strong case for waiting until regular season rosters to finalize before we started the real season. This version of OF could be working the kinks out and making sure everyone's in and then restart once things are final!

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
I still think there was a strong case for waiting until regular season rosters to finalize before we started the real season. This version of OF could be working the kinks out and making sure everyone's in and then restart once things are final!
We're not taking away your week 1 loss. Deal with it!

Somnia

GG BigAT...I thought I was gonna have a decent game after the 2 picks right off the bat. However my oline decided to lay down the entire game. I never had more than 1.5-2 seconds with palmer to do anything. I had to pass it as soon as I hiked it. Oline + HB in the draft here I come. Dline right after that!

DCX

DCX
Somnia said:
GG BigAT...I thought I was gonna have a decent game after the 2 picks right off the bat. However my oline decided to lay down the entire game. I never had more than 1.5-2 seconds with palmer to do anything. I had to pass it as soon as I hiked it. Oline + HB in the draft here I come. Dline right after that!
I'd take Ocho off your hands for a 2nd.

DCX

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
I played Q last night, first game got d/c and the second game Turner tore an MCL, out for 12 weeks!!! then it d/c also...thank god!

DCX

BigAT

Somnia said:

GG. I started off pretty terribly throwing two quick picks to start the game but thankfully was able to adjust eventually. I got a lot of help from my defense too, big day for Aaron Kampman: 3 sacks, FF, INT.

I never really bothered much with posting replays online last year, but have they reduced the amount of time for alloted for each replay from '09? I was going to post a couple, but the important part of the action was cut off and the replay was worthless.

Rorschach

A #2 for Chad? That's outrageous. :p

BigAT said:
GG. I started off pretty terribly throwing two quick picks to start the game but thankfully was able to adjust eventually. I got a lot of help from my defense too, big day for Aaron Kampman: 3 sacks, FF, INT.

I never really bothered much with posting replays online last year, but have they reduced the amount of time for alloted for each replay from '09? I was going to post a couple, but the important part of the action was cut off and the replay was worthless.
It sucks. They gimped the replays so if it's a long interception, long run, or a return, you're pretty much screwed.

DCX

DCX
I'm out of trades for now...same ole NBA 2k trade buddies system...i'mma just focus on free agency to fill gaps and strengthen my team.

DCX

LiveWire

Somnia said:
I sent you a trade offer...It's a bit more out there though so take a look :D

I think we're almost there, I made a counter-offer, the player I proposed has better stats except for one category, but that's also because he's a few years younger, his potential is pretty good. He can convert easily to the position you're looking for...

I understand what you're trying to improve though, if this new offer doesn't work, how about taking the line out and me giving you a 3rd round draft pick on top of the 2 for 2 trade?

Somnia

LiveWire said:
I think we're almost there, I made a counter-offer, the player I proposed has better stats except for one category, but that's also because he's a few years younger, his potential is pretty good. He can convert easily to the position you're looking for...

I understand what you're trying to improve though, if this new offer doesn't work, how about taking the line out and me giving you a 3rd round draft pick on top of the 2 for 2 trade?

I think I'm gonna see what I can do with FA. We'll talk again week 5 (right before the trade deadline) if I don't get a few things from FA that I see. Sorry man!

LiveWire said:
In the first Rams game storybook and I started but got disconnected, I think someone got put on the cart on the first series.

Someone, in fact, did and it was Deangelo Hall so damnit if that disconnect didn't come back to haunt me. :lol :(

I had tied that at 14-14 as well. In the future, they need to make it so that it saves your data when it disconnects in an online franchise so you can continue from where you left off.

LiveWire

Somnia said:
I think I'm gonna see what I can do with FA. We'll talk again week 5 (right before the trade deadline) if I don't get a few things from FA that I see. Sorry man!

One last proposal sent, let me know.

I gave you what you wanted, I just asked for a better 2nd player. I think it's fair, given your needs?

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
In the future, they need to make it so that it saves your data when it disconnects in an online franchise so you can continue from where you left off.
They won't even let you save offline. That shit is like 1000 years ahead for Tiburon. It'll come the day after spectator mode.

Rorschach said:
They won't even let you save offline. That shit is like 1000 years ahead for Tiburon. It'll come the day after spectator mode.

I know. It's like they don't realize that life happens and sometimes you have to stop playing in the middle of a game.

Somnia

LiveWire said:
One last proposal sent, let me know.

I gave you what you wanted, I just asked for a better 2nd player. I think it's fair, given your needs?

Oh I know...the trade was very fair and I thought about it pretty hard, but I'm just gonna take my luck on FA for a couple positions. If it doesn't happen I'm willing to make some deals since my team is a rebuilding project in pretty much most positions.

Fifty

storybook77 said:
I know. It's like they don't realize that life happens and sometimes you have to stop playing in the middle of a game.

What's really annoying is that a previous xbox1 Madden had it. Might have been 04 or 05, I forget..but I know you used to be able to save in-game. It's really frustrating when I have to cut a game short.

Mrbob said:
Somnia since I have my number 1 pick I'll give you the pick for Ocho. :lol

FrenchMovieTheme said:
* Pre-existing NFL trades will stand for us. That means that the Broncos owner gets the Bears owners 1st round pick, the Panthers have to give their first round pick to the 49ers, etc.

Guess you missed this...so no first rounder for you till 2011.

Mrbob

I'm still looking for a loophole....I will find it!

PS- Sorry we stole Jcut from you guys this past offseason! Maybe I'm not! :D

TheCrow

Mrbob said:
I'm still looking for a loophole....I will find it!

PS- Sorry we stole Jcut from you guys this past offseason! Maybe I'm not! :D

No problem here, I'll gladly take Kyle Orton and his 3 TD passes. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Complete and total bad luck game against Shawn. I am up 14-0 at the end of the first, start of the second, guess what happens.... a disconnect.

We play again, I go up 7-0, would be 10-0 but I can't hit a 47 yarder with max power. Subsequently in the game Romo rushes for a non-TD that gets called one. Bradshaw fumbles as I am trying to mount a comeback, pressure causes a bogus int. etc. A comedy of errors basically.

I see some good things to do on D... I really think my D was stout all game despite the score. The whole turnover thing is a problem.

Wellington said:
Complete and total bad luck game against Shawn. I am up 14-0 at the end of the first, start of the second, guess what happens.... a disconnect.

We play again, I go up 7-0, would be 10-0 but I can't hit a 47 yarder with max power. Subsequently in the game Romo rushes for a non-TD that gets called one. Bradshaw fumbles as I am trying to mount a comeback, pressure causes a bogus int. etc. A comedy of errors basically.

I see some good things to do on D... I really think my D was stout all game despite the score. The whole turnover thing is a problem.

GG brother! I enjoyed watching replays of what you're doing defensively. Felt honored that you threw the kitchen sink at me in terms of defensive packages and coverages.

While I definitely lucked up this game, I'll be ready for your tricks next time!!

DCX

DCX
GG Q. Tough loss as it seemed like everything was going your way in the first quarter. Ryan looked like a HS QB out there. Turner beasted, and stayed healthy! lol 2-0 and atop of the NFC South. Big game for Sable and his Saints against the Eagles, a loss gives me room to breath :D

DCX

LiveWire said:
Blasphemy! Have you given up on Campbell?

It's OK, so have I. :(

nah I haven't given up on him completely yet. Just saying Cutler would have better weapons with us. I would rather have Cutler, but I think Campbell is good enough to not lose games.

Top Bottom