• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

Need a temp QB? Jgar is theeeere~~~~

Need a starting RB? Fargas is right there toooooooo~

Matrix: how attached are you to Kevin Walter?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
David Carr is also on the market, Lone.

Man I have NOT been able to run the ball at all this year. I have like 70 yards on 27 carries with BJac. This is a far cry from what I was doing when the game had just come out. So weird.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rors, I'll have to think about that. I'll get back to you.

Wellington said:
David Carr is also on the market

:eek:

DMczaf

Alright, people are completing 74% of their passes against me and I only have 1 sack through 3 games....from my rookie dime CB. :lol

To say my pass defense is struggling would be an understatement.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So strange seeing CK,FMT, and Dm starting off slowly.

Bizzaro world.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg man. yes fitz was my only highlight on some pretty flukey plays. i just need to work on my...everything...and i should be good to go.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
So strange seeing CK,FMT, and Dm starting off slowly.

Bizzaro world.
:lol

I think I have the hardest schedule in the league, to be honest. My defense is coming around now though... and fuck running, I AM GOING DEEP.

Alright, people are completing 74% of their passes against me and I only have 1 sack through 3 games....from my rookie dime CB.

To say my pass defense is struggling would be an understatement.

The game having been slowed down really kills the zone, I've found at least. Everyone picks apart cover 2/3.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
:lol

I think I have the hardest schedule in the league, to be honest. My defense is coming around now though... and fuck running, I AM GOING DEEP.

The game having been slowed down really kills the zone, I've found at least. Everyone picks apart cover 2/3.

Not FMT! I'd say at least 3 of his picks came on zone, possibly all 4. Two came against the exact same play!

AirBrian

So I get home today from work and my key turns really, really easy. I'm thinking something isn't right and as soon as I open my door, there it is...my entertainment center doors are open and cables are everywhere. The fucking robbers stole my TV, 360 (and Madden '10 inside), PS3, and Wii (and Wii Sports Resort inside). Oh, and my suitcase (presumably to hide the hardware in). The bad news: my f'n insurance doesn't cover theft, only fire and water. The good news: MS and Sony just dropped their prices $100. Ugh.

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
So I get home today from work and my key turns really, really easy. I'm thinking something isn't right and as soon as I open my door, there it is...my entertainment center doors are open and cables are everywhere. The fucking robbers stole my TV, 360 (and Madden '10 inside), PS3, and Wii (and Wii Sports Resort inside). Oh, and my suitcase (presumably to hide the hardware in). The bad news: my f'n insurance doesn't cover theft, only fire and water. The good news: MS and Sony just dropped their prices $100. Ugh.
Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear that. :(

08 was the year of the red rings and 10 is the year of the stolen 360s.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:

09 was the year that no one remembers because no one could play a game on PSN's shitty network

AirBrian said:

Holy shit dude I'm sorry. Are you still in Plano w/house security? That sucks man I never would imagine it happening it right in that neighborhood you told me about =/

Shit, SOMEONE had to see them doing all that!!

AirBrian

Rorschach said:

Thanks. Well, tomorrow I'll be going up to Best Buy to pick up a new TV and 360 (and Madden).

ph33nix said:
Holy shit dude I'm sorry. Are you still in Plano w/house security? That sucks man I never would imagine it happening it right in that neighborhood you told me about =/

Shit, SOMEONE had to see them doing all that!!
No, I'm in McKinney now. Apparently the cops said that buglery is pretty rampant right now because of the economy. They've seen theft increase like crazy in the past 6 months. Luckily I'm anal and keep receipts, so the police have the serial numbers for the hardware. They also got a good set of fingerprints. If they turn up in a pawn shop (which the police said is around 75% likely), I'll get them back.

There's 4 apartments on my floor on my side of the building and all are empty but mine. They busted open the door on two of them (one empty and mine), and tried and failed on the other two empty ones.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
AirBrian said:
Jesus, that is awful. I keep hearing more and more of these stories nowadays (on GAF and here in NC).

This obviously changes when we can play our game, I guess. Just let me know when you get settled again.

AirBrian said:
Thanks. Well, tomorrow I'll be going up to Best Buy to pick up a new TV and 360 (and Madden).

No, I'm in McKinney now. Apparently the cops said that buglery is pretty rampant right now because of the economy. They've seen theft increase like crazy in the past 6 months. Luckily I'm anal and keep receipts, so the police have the serial numbers for the hardware. They also got a good set of fingerprints. If they turn up in a pawn shop (which the police said is around 75% likely), I'll get them back.

There's 4 apartments on my floor on my side of the building and all are empty but mine. They busted open the door on two of them (one empty and mine), and tried and failed on the other two empty ones.

Damn dude. I hope the security gets upped for you, I'd definitely be freaked out. Last year in Austin in my apt complex, there were 7 apts on my row...4 attempted robberies and 2 successful ones!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the beat downs continue!

i got favred :(

here is my defense in a nutshell:

1. i call man defense, no blitzing or light blitzing

Reaction: No pressure on the QB. qb has his option to wait for his player to get open Vs. man to man defense. a completion will eventually happen unless the opposing player makes a poor read.

2. i call zone defense, no blitzing or light blitzing

Reaction: See man defense called

3. I call man defense with heavy blitz

Reaction: The blitz "gets" there, but my CB's are so poor in bump and run coverage that they either fail to get a good bump, or the blitz is still slow enough to where the opposing player can wait for his guy to get open.

4. call zone with a heavy blitz

Reaction: Crapshoot.... either its a big play for the offense or i get a pick/hurried throw. the latter happens more often than not.

like i said before i can't complain at all. anyone who watches the 49ers knows this is what our defensive line does. but i expect nate clements to be a little better in man coverage.... although maybe i shouldn't, he wasn't even in the top 50 CB's list from opsports stat rundown thingie :lol

maybe i can get some help off the waiver wire come week 5 :D

I knocked out Adrian Peterson for you! I thought that would give you a shot!

I got Favred too and Adrian Peterson'd. I had AD six yards in his own end zone, 4 guys tackling him he breaks out for a 106 yard TD. I was going to show the replay here, but the shitty replay system didn't catch hardly any of it.

Remember when I took over UCLA in NCAA and turned them into a PAC-10 Champ in 2 years? The Lions on this game are going to take about 5 years.

LJ when are you available?

AirBrian said:

damn dude that sucks, especially about the insurance.

AirBrian said:
:(

So sorry to hear that bro, hopefully those assholes get caught...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
PSN for NCAA worked just fine. I think it must be you.

medium_20071106-att-uverse-wireless-router.jpg

This beast never fails me. even with PSN. I was talking about other peoples problems

PS. Kevin Kolb is your guy

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Not going to matter, I'm already planning a Lou-Out later today. Already got the little umbrella's for the drinks. All I need to decide is, which BBQ sauce to go with my char-grilled 360.

Such tremendous horseshit that I have to go buy another $130 worth of equipment, on top of the time to transfer data over, and download anything DLC wise that won't transfer, just to "fix" the system for MS and EA.

Glad that ass whooping is over with. The NFC West is fighting for the 1st draft pick! :lol :(

BigAT, that last pick was me frantically pressing the a button to hike the ball so he throws the ball over the middle right after it FINALLY snapped.

BigAT

storybook77 said:
Glad that ass whooping is over with. The NFC West is fighting for the 1st draft pick! :lol :(

BigAT, that last pick was me frantically pressing the a button to hike the ball so he throws the ball over the middle right after it FINALLY snapped.

I figured as much. I had a few of those last year where the lag was so bad that I ended up hitting A twice and the result was a lame duck to a linebacker.

That certainly was a game of big plays. Five touchdowns of more than 55 yards.

BigAT said:
I figured as much. I had a few of those last year where the lag was so bad that I ended up hitting A twice and the result was a lame duck to a linebacker.

That certainly was a game of big plays. Five touchdowns of more than 55 yards.

I can't use Stephen Jackson much because a) my offensive line is well.....offensive and b) my best receiver is Donnie Avery! :(

My defense lacks speed on the edges as well.

Rorschach

storybook77 said:
I can't use Stephen Jackson much because a) my offensive line is well.....offensive and b) my best receiver is Donnie Avery! :(

My defense lacks speed on the edges as well.
Your offensive line is pretty good. o_O And Avery creams my WRs. :(

Oh, and you could have had the beastly Broncos OL and their good WRs. :p

LJ11

sable, I'm free all day today, just name a time and I'm there.

That's terrible AirBrian, best of luck.

Lonestar, last week I purchased the 120gb 360 HD for 60 bucks and the transfer kit is included in the package. There was a bunch of similarly priced deals on ebay when I checked on Monday/Tuesday.

Ramirez

Somnia said:
Ya I don't know how you want to handle the game between Ramirez and I since I'm sure you don't want to wait till thursday for us to play. I'll let all of you guys figure that out!

I'm free all day today up until like 9 EST, so if you see this and are free for an hour or so let's nail it out!

lions is dkillz.

also, it has been brought to my attention that there are issues with men in motion against man defense. i'm not talking about "oh hey they beat the bump", i'm talking about "oh hey, the defender is running in the opposite direction at the snap and then recovers about 3 seconds later when he is 10 yards away".

it's not a talent issue, it appears to be a glitch. it has also been talked about on operation sports.

i'm going to talk to the other commishes but it might be something that we have to ban until a patch comes into play.

Top Bottom