• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lions is dkillz.

also, it has been brought to my attention that there are issues with men in motion against man defense. i'm not talking about "oh hey they beat the bump", i'm talking about "oh hey, the defender is running in the opposite direction at the snap and then recovers about 3 seconds later when he is 10 yards away".

it's not a talent issue, it appears to be a glitch. it has also been talked about on operation sports.

i'm going to talk to the other commishes but it might be something that we have to ban until a patch comes into play.

What about plays that include an automatic motion? Does man coverage react weird to those too?

TheCrow

Ramirez said:
GG Crow, definitely my hardest win this year. :p My pass D needs some love, I was getting picked apart.

GG I couldn't run the ball at all. That was my first game with Chris Simms and I like the fact that he can actually throw the ball deep and has more throwing power compared to kyle orton. If only I didn't make bad throws and fumble on the opening drive I might have had a chance to win.

Birdman02 said:
What about plays that include an automatic motion? Does man coverage react weird to those too?

yes, that is the problem. here's an illustration:

http://i25.tinypic.com/25klkp0.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/iyd5k6.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/qr0p4k.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/29e2bna.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/noirt0.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/b6cb5i.jpg

it doesn't happen everytime, but that is kind of bunk and makes me wonder on some plays if this has happened (obviously i cant go back online and replay, but there have been times where a similar situation has happened and i say damn how the fuck did that guy get so open)

everyone just keep an eye out for problems with men in motion. it doesn't happen everytime (i know that for a fact), but i'd like some feedback on whether this is a big issue or isolated incident.

thanks.... bros!

LJ11

I think it's more of an issue when corners are in press coverage. If they aren't in press it doesn't really happen, at least that's been my experience.

sableholic deserves the W, he was absolutely dicked out of a W. I had 6 turnovers with Edwards, (5 ints, 1 FF), and he's going in for a TD with Thomas near the goaline, when he fumbles (Wellie can sympathize). It would have iced the game. Total screw job in those final few possessions.

Rorschach said:
Just implement the Vumpler rule. I don't know why it was ever taken out. If a receiver is in motion, don't snap the ball.

What about automotion plays? I mean you can hot route them, but given time limitations, it can be a pain especially if your book is filled with them (Tampa Bay's for example).

Edit: Just want to add, I think automotion is fair game, but manually motioning and then snapping...don't feel it's kosher given the current circumstances.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
What about automotion plays?
It snaps automatically so it doesn't apply. :p I meant if you manually move the mofos at least don't snap 'till everyone's set.

I wouldn't even mind if manual was banned period because I never use it, but I know some people live and die off of it because they don't know how to read defenses.

[edit] I think banning auto-motion would ruin a few pass oriented playbooks. Even some run plays have it.

Ramirez

LJ11 said:
I think it's more of an issue when corners are in press coverage. If they aren't in press it doesn't really happen, at least that's been my experience.

sableholic deserves the W, he was absolutely dicked out of a W. I had 6 turnovers with Edwards, (5 ints, 1 FF), and he's going in for a TD with Thomas near the goaline, when he fumbles (Wellie can sympathize). It would have iced the game. Total screw job in those final few possessions.

What about automotion plays? I mean you can hot route them, but given time limitations, it can be a pain especially if your book is filled with them (Tampa Bay's for example).

Edit: Just want to add, I think automotion is fair game, but manually motioning and then snapping...don't feel it's kosher given the current circumstances.

I think automotion is just as much to blame here as well, I've got tons of auto motion plays and it always seems like the motion guy is wide open or has a sizeable lead on his defender.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
It snaps automatically so it doesn't apply. :p I meant if you manually move the mofos at least don't snap 'till everyone's set.

I totally agree.

Ramirez said:
I think automotion is just as much to blame here as well, I've got tons of auto motion plays and it always seems like the motion guy is wide open or has a sizeable lead on his defender.

I think bump and run is the real culprit. If you motion and snap before someone is set while the defenders are in press, the AI gets thrown for a loop from time to time. Another reason the automotion plays get open against zone, at least in TE packages, is that the TE run the coverage off, and you get the underneath motioned routes.

Rorschach said:

I wouldn't even mind if manual was banned period because I never use it, but I know some people live and die off of it because they don't know how to read defenses.

[edit] I think banning auto-motion would ruin a few pass oriented playbooks. Even some run plays have it.

Yep I think I'd have to switch playbooks altogether. I agree that manual motions are unfair if you snap it before the guy is set, but I haven't noticed anything wrong with automotion.

LJ11 said:

And it looked like such a easy td too (1 on 1 thomas vs a cb I believe). I was up 27-7 at half and then bam, i'm down by one after the craziest series of events (the thomas fumble, a fg returned for a td because it lagged when i went to kick and I only got half bar). Oh well such is madden.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
And it looked like such a easy td too (1 on 1 thomas vs a cb I believe). I was up 27-7 at half and then bam, i'm down by one after the craziest series of events (the thomas fumble, a fg returned for a td because it lagged when i went to kick and I only got half bar). Oh well such is madden.
No way!! Tell me one of you saved that replay!

So...... league advance tonight!? ;)

Rorschach

Wellington said:

I had two of those in one game. You can't get the replay because it cuts off the replay. All you see is from the 20 yard line to the TD. :| Worthless.

Wellington said:

I didn't save any replays I was so pissed lol, LJ might have? I should have mentioned this all happened within the last 2-3 minutes. Everything just suddenly went against me.

LJ11

Like Rors said, the replay was junk because it was cut off. Didn't break any tackles or anything like that, just straight up the sideline.

I was debating trading Parrish, and Rors thought it wasn't a smart move because of the speed he brings. He's basically won two games in a row for me. OT PR TD, and now this FG, which wasn't much of accomplishment but it put me ahead.

My heart is so broken right now....

So I get to the final four out of a crew of 23 guys in the regional Gamestop tournament. I'm playing a dude playing as the Packers and I've got him so fucked. With the score being 0-0, I get the ball down to his 38 yard line with about 20 seconds left. 1st and 10, I run a Dive play with Barber to get a few more yards before I kick the game winning field goal. Right when I hiked the ball, BJ Raji smacks Romo causing him to fumble....

...then Nick Barnett picks up the ball and runs 60+ yards for a touchdown as time expired. Yeah, seriously!! >_<

While it sucked losing that way when a win would have guaranteed a spot in the Regional Finals, I felt good about my performance. I beat each guy I played convincingly, and it took an unreal fluke to catch a loss.

Oh well, maybe next year... :lol

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes, that is the problem. here's an illustration:

http://i25.tinypic.com/25klkp0.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/iyd5k6.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/qr0p4k.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/29e2bna.jpg

http://i25.tinypic.com/noirt0.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/b6cb5i.jpg

it doesn't happen everytime, but that is kind of bunk and makes me wonder on some plays if this has happened (obviously i cant go back online and replay, but there have been times where a similar situation has happened and i say damn how the fuck did that guy get so open)

I have yet to see it happen and I've been calling 2-3 of those auto motion routes to Housh a game. It would suck to lose those plays from my playbook.

First no Edge, now no auto motion! FMT hates me!

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
My heart is so broken right now....

So I get to the final four out of a crew of 23 guys in the regional Gamestop tournament. I'm playing a dude playing as the Packers and I've got him so fucked. With the score being 0-0, I get the ball down to his 38 yard line with about 20 seconds left. 1st and 10, I run a Dive play with Barber to get a few more yards before I kick the game winning field goal. Right when I hiked the ball, BJ Raji smacks Romo causing him to fumble....

...then Nick Barnett picks up the ball and runs 60+ yards for a touchdown as time expired. Yeah, seriously!! >_<

While it sucked losing that way when a win would have guaranteed a spot in the Regional Finals, I felt good about my performance. I beat each guy I played convincingly, and it took an unreal fluke to catch a loss.

Oh well, maybe next year... :lol
I'd Hunter D that controller...oh well, i guess you have to settle for our league. :D

DCX

LukeSmith

Since we're banning motion, we should ban manlock, too. You know, since the offense has no way of knowing who is locked to a receiver because EA provided no in-game UI for it.

DCX

DCX
auto motion has to stay, alot of playbooks have these plays in them and are essential for thier respective teams. Manual motion, yes lets ban that.

DCX

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Since we're banning motion, we should ban manlock, too. You know, since the offense has no way of knowing who is locked to a receiver because EA provided no in-game UI for it.
Who said we were banning motion? And even if it was, it has nothing to do with man lock. That would be if different placement of WRs was banned, but it's not even being discussed here.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Who said we were banning motion? And even if it was, it has nothing to do with man lock. That would be if different placement of WRs was banned, but it's not even being discussed here.

And now banning man lock is being discussed!

relax fellas, i said i was going to discuss it. it has been discussed and all that i ask is that if you see any abnormalities in regards to motioning and the player covering just post it! nothing is being banned

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
How about we start discussing how you need to stop posting?

I reject DM's idea. Let's ban handing the ball off. Real men get airborne!
i say lets ban the 3rd and fourth downs, real men play big or don't play at all

DCX

Striker

Rorschach said:
Just implement the Vumpler rule. I don't know why it was ever taken out. If a receiver is in motion, don't snap the ball.
On the non auto-motion plays, correct? I rarely do these anyhow, unless I'm running. Also, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but if I'm putting a man in motion manually, and the clock is churning down quick, and I snap it, instead of running the route, the receiver stays to block. It's happened to me a few times, I've noticed.

Rorschach

Striker said:
On the non auto-motion plays, correct? I rarely do these anyhow, unless I'm running.
Right, on the manual ones. Just wait 'till everyone is set, then go ahead and let her rip.

A certain user used to kinda exploit the fact that those plays were money and often times, he would snap the ball as the WR was crossing the OL, so he'd get lost in traffic. After that, we banned it.

LukeSmith said:
Don't be mad because Man Lock lets you quietly take away half of the field without the offense knowing that it's being done.
I haven't used it in the season. :D

Don't be mad because Wayne gets punk'd by Mr Perfect.

DCX said:
i say lets ban the 3rd and fourth downs, real men play big or don't play at all

DCX
Agreed.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i think ive only ever snapped while the WR was in motion if i was running out on the play clock. They usually just stay in to block anyway.

Maaaaaaaaalley

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
It's perfect that the league's best player has the league's best DB. :bow Rors Madden King
We can't all have an entire team of elite players AND the skills to pay the proverbial bills. :bow elite player Luke with elite Madden team

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Yeah but the best i'll do is wildcard loss :(
Damn, you're already thinking playoffs while most of us are JUST TRYING TO WIN A GAME. Too elite for our league. :(

Anyone want to play? I gotta test something out!

man i just get shredded by any qb i play and when i get an opportunity for an INT i just drop it :(

i also tried out nate davis with a lot of success. he has a much better arm in the game and he has a lot better acceleration than hill or smith. i think i might just ride it out the rest of the way with davis and see if i need to draft a qb or if he'll work out.

p.s. in my single player franchise, crabcakes rised to a 90 after season 1. suck it down losers im going to dominate in future years!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. in my single player franchise, crabcakes rised to a 90 after season 1. suck it down losers im going to dominate in future years!

You should restart once he's removed in the day 1 rosters. Hopefully the Colts draft Crabtree next year when he re-enters the pool.

Rorschach

GG Crow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
man i just get shredded by any qb i play and when i get an opportunity for an INT i just drop it :(

i also tried out nate davis with a lot of success. he has a much better arm in the game and he has a lot better acceleration than hill or smith. i think i might just ride it out the rest of the way with davis and see if i need to draft a qb or if he'll work out.

Not with those numbers. :p

LukeSmith said:
You should restart once he's removed in the day 1 rosters. Hopefully the Colts draft Crabtree next year when he re-enters the pool.

don't you think the first overall pick is kind of high for a player of his caliber?

besides, for all this talk of him re-entering the draft, it won't happen. even if he doesn't sign with us we can trade him after march 1st. why would anyone bother "chancing" the draft when they could get him directly from us and guarantee it?

but it is a moot point. crabcakes will sign soon enough!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Airbrian,

What is your status for getting our game in today? I completely understand if you can't play due to the break-in. If you think you can't get a replacement in place in time for the league advance deadline, I am ok with just having our game simmed.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
CB3 said:
i think ive only ever snapped while the WR was in motion if i was running out on the play clock. They usually just stay in to block anyway.

Maaaaaaaaalley

SHYOOOOO sorry about yesterday ... girl got home earlier than i thought she would... I hit you on AIM... let me know when you want your 40 point win!!!!!

AirBrian

DenogginizerOS said:
Airbrian,

What is your status for getting our game in today? I completely understand if you can't play due to the break-in. If you think you can't get a replacement in place in time for the league advance deadline, I am ok with just having our game simmed.
I'm picking up a new TV and system later today. Cleaning up and getting other stuff taken care of took longer than I thought yesterday. I might be on later this evening but I'll let you know for sure in a few hours.

AirBrian said:
I'm picking up a new TV and system later today. Cleaning up and getting other stuff taken care of took longer than I thought yesterday. I might be on later this evening but I'll let you know for sure in a few hours.

I hope you upped the place's security man. That's awful.

Top Bottom