• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach said:
Yeah. I haven't checked if it's recorded in-game. I'll check later. Hopefully, it is. :|

If not is there anyway to assign the victory to LJ? Or is the only option, besides replaying it, simming the game?

wtf madden

LJ11

After we played our game I checked the sites an hour or so later, and couldn't bring up the website, some sort of server error.

Hey, after the game I said I wanted a way to replay our game because it was just an ugly finish. Might get a shot after all.:lol

Rorschach

sableholic said:
If not is there anyway to assign the victory to LJ? Or is the only option, besides replaying it, simming the game?

wtf madden
No. The commissioner has almost no options.

Things the commissioner can do:

Ban someone
Advance the week

The end. You can't assign wins, you can't sim individual games, you can't have more than one commish, you can't kick someone without banning them, you can't switch people around, you can't undo a game, etc etc.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
No. The commissioner has almost no options.

Things the commissioner can do:

Ban someone
Advance the week

The end. You can't assign wins, you can't sim individual games, you can't have more than one commish, you can't kick someone without banning them, you can't switch people around, you can't undo a game, etc etc.

good ol EA.

LJ11 said:
After we played our game I checked the sites an hour or so later, and couldn't bring up the website, some sort of server error.

Hey, after the game I said I wanted a way to replay our game because it was just an ugly finish. Might get a shot after all.:lol

I just checked on the 360 and it shows me the option to send you a invite still and there is no score or game information, so yea looks like it didn't register? It's odd because when I go to team schedule under the TS column (times started) it says 1. wtf... So LJ guess we'll have to get in another game?

Fifty

Striker said:
Fifty,

I don't want our game simmed. :( Of course it's a loss either way, but I want to play!

I'm in late-evening shifts next two days, but can play before 4 PM EST both days. Off on Wednesday. Are we advancing Wednesday night?

I told you I'd be back on Monday. I'm back. I can play on 2 PM eastern on tuesday.

LJ11

sableholic said:
I just checked on the 360 and it shows me the option to send you a invite still and there is no score or game information, so yea looks like it didn't register? It's odd because when I go to team schedule under the TS column (times started) it says 1. wtf... So LJ guess we'll have to get in another game?

I can play tonight or tomorrow, whatever works for you.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
GG, AirBrian! That game had some epic momentum shifts.

Sable,

Let me know what good times are for you. I probably won't be free until Friday evening this week but I should have time this weekend. EST.

AirBrian

DenogginizerOS said:
GG, AirBrian! That game had some epic momentum shifts.

Sable,

Let me know what good times are for you. I probably won't be free until Friday evening this week but I should have time this weekend. EST.
Holy crap it did! I thought I had a good thing going until the INT you ran back for 101 yards! :lol Then you were going to put me away early in the second half and I got the fumble hit and return to tie it up I think...

Anyhow, good game, man.

Rorschach

Only 3 games left if you don't count Somnia's game or the unfortunate dump of LJ's game with Sable. Not bad. Hopefully, these all get done before Wednesday.

2 if you don't count MrBob being MrBob!

DMczaf

(9:13:09 PM) mrbob2k1: btw
(9:13:17 PM) mrbob2k1: my cable isn't coming till thursday
(9:13:22 PM) mrbob2k1: for where my consoles will be hooked up :x

c_norm_10.JPG

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyone want to play?

im on xbl playing the greatest fighting game ever if anyoone wants to kick my ass in madden instead :(

Lets go sweet tits

Mrbob

I blame FMT and Rors for starting this league early. :x Tomorrow should be the starting point! I will have two auto losses now. :(

Striker

Thanks for doing the direct connect, Fifty.

Not much to say about the game. My defense actually was firm for the most part, at least until the final drive on Heap's tipped catch on third down. My offense continually put them in bad spots. Brian Robiskie continues to drop passes, which makes it five this season through three games. Royal's drop on one drive was huge because sub-sequently afterwards I had two penalties which killed my position. Oh well. I figured I would lose to the stout defenses in the AFC North. :(

Fifty

That game was ridiculously dull. If I was watching it on TV I would have fallen asleep. But it was my first game this season that was competitive, so that made it playable. Well-fought, but kind of pathetic for both of us.

Another no-show game by Ed Reed. I guess he covers well in zones, but that's about it. He had a chance to get a free INT, and I would have easily got it had I switched to him and done it myself, but I wanted to see if that pathetic SOB had it in him. Nope!

I don't save many replays, because I figure that most of them aren't watched by people, but this one, by the player of the game, made my cut. I just love these types of ridiculous INTs.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8866810

Striker

I love defensive games. But with my offense, I'll tend to lose 99% of them. :(

The first Foxworth INT was ridiculous. It was a quick slant, but I hesitated since I had seen Reed had not ran further to the LOS... After that, Foxworth's arms just made the play. Gotta love my defense's lack of INT opportunities, mainly the deep corner pass to your receiver, and Eric Wright jumped the route to only deflect it.

Smokey

Tough scrim LJ.

I was caught off guard in the beginning by how good your defense was, and I had to change things up to be successful against you. Rivers couldn't complete shit at first. Kept getting hit and those wobbly ass passes that stay in the air for like 8 seconds happened who knows how many times. Defense is what won that one for me.

Good scrim though. Nice way to get back into Madden competitively after not playing for almost a week.

Anybody else want to play?

Fifty

Well, I thought trades needed commish approval, but this seems to have gone through automatically. Not a problem, because the first trade of the season is legit.

The Ravens traded A. Barnes, C. Peerman to the Broncos for C. Buckhalter, J. Gaffney

Like any good Ravens GM, I'm trading away youth for mediocre old players! Barnes is a speedy but stupid promising LB and Peerman is my 3rd string RB. I improve in one of my weakest areas: WR, and I get an insurance back to replace the needless prospect that is Peerman.

It's not the smartest move for the future, but I improve for the time being, and I have to hope that the young guys don't blossom as Gaffney drops much lower than his 74. Plus, I get to trade Matrix back his beloved Mediocre Gaffney

LJ11

Smokey said:
Tough scrim LJ.

I was caught off guard in the beginning by how good your defense was, and I had to change things up to be successful against you. Rivers couldn't complete shit at first. Kept getting hit and those wobbly ass passes that stay in the air for like 8 seconds happened who knows how many times. Defense is what won that one for me.

Good scrim though. Nice way to get back into Madden competitively after not playing for almost a week.

Anybody else want to play?

Yeah, your secondary was tough, I couldn't get off the press. That int in the 3rd killed me, what a dumb throw. I knew it was going to be an int if I threw it because of the coverage, but I threw it anyway thinking my guy may make a play on the ball. 3rd down conversions killed my ass in that 4th, that Gates catch was insane on 3rd and long.

Fifty

Smokey said:
Fiddy you wanna play?

No, sorry..but don't take it personally. I hardly ever scrimmage, which explains my dumb-as-nails playstyle, and especially not after a league game.

Smokey

Fifty said:
No, sorry..but don't take it personally. I hardly ever scrimmage, which explains my dumb-as-nails playstyle, and especially not after a league game.

its cool.

appears nobodys around or wants to play soooo ill resume watching LOST S1. If anybody wants to play just send me a msg/invite.

your vick cheese and the football gods giving you 2 bullcrap fumbles is the only reason you won.

i was lighting you up with a 64 rated qb. i should've saved the deep bomb early where you played the run and i just threw it over the top. i know you said "AWW FUCK" right when it left. then i did it again to VD.

wait until we meet in franchise. i'll have an answer for dog killa

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
your vick cheese and the football gods giving you 2 bullcrap fumbles is the only reason you won.

i was lighting you up with a 64 rated qb. i should've saved the deep bomb early where you played the run and i just threw it over the top. i know you said "AWW FUCK" right when it left. then i did it again to VD.

Will it be someone you pick up from the waiver wire with the first pick?

Striker

I didn't know Fifty/Crow did a trade before I accepted ours. :lol

Broncos GM am busy.

Anyhoot, another minor trade, but I also messaged FMT about it. Initial thought was we needed commish approval. :p

Browns get:

OLB Jarvis Moss
QB Tom Brandstater

Broncos get:

QB Derek Anderson
MLB David Veikune

All four guys are fairly young, notably the QB I received and the MLB he received. He wanted QB help, and I had no use for DA; plus I desired some help on my outside pass-rush, so I dealt for Moss.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I was just toying with you that whole game. 21/27. 2 TD's. McNabb running wild. Vick Running away from Patrick Willis like they were PETA. White Lightning burning you for over 100.

And Vick was only in for what, 3 plays? That was only the tip of the iceberg friend. I was just giving you a taste

CB3 said:
I was just toying with you that whole game. 21/27. 2 TD's. McNabb running wild. Vick Running away from Patrick Willis like they were PETA. White Lightning burning you for over 100.

And Vick was only in for what, 3 plays? That was only the tip of the iceberg friend. I was just giving you a taste

like i said, i was lighting you up with my 3rd string qb, i can only imagine what i would do to you with a player of mcribbs talents.

i hope the patch concentrates on defensive coverage in the game. not that i dont benefit from it too, but the middle of the field is basically free yards unless you call the exact right play to defend it (either a blitz to hurry the throw or a mis-read).

not sure if it's the defenders just not reading the play right or just not sticking to their man (in man coverage), but the middle of the field is a buffet of completions and YAC!

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
like i said, i was lighting you up with my 3rd string qb, i can only imagine what i would do to you with a player of mcribbs talents.

i hope the patch concentrates on defensive coverage in the game. not that i dont benefit from it too, but the middle of the field is basically free yards unless you call the exact right play to defend it (either a blitz to hurry the throw or a mis-read).

not sure if it's the defenders just not reading the play right or just not sticking to their man (in man coverage), but the middle of the field is a buffet of completions and YAC!

I wouldnt go as far as lighting up. I did bait you into throwing my way for the Pick. Bend but dont break! Take away that stupid ass fumble Takeo got and you would have only had 17 points. Not the man sized 31 Donovan led me to!

Top Bottom