• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

TheCrow

GG Astro.

Really competitive game until the third quarter. After that I was disappointed in how you were playing but nevertheless it was a good game.

LJ11 said:
What a game, almost played out in reverse fashion this time. I had a sizable lead going into the fourth and it quickly evaporated.

Turning point of the game was this freak situation. McKelvin gets hurt on a tackle, I decide to leave him (medium risk), because I have no secondary if McKelvin is on the sideline. Sable comes out and McKelvin is lining up offside for some reason, encroachment, I get flagged.

Next play he lines up offsides, continues to push toward the line of scrimmage even though I'm trying to get him lined up onside. Fucker wouldn't line up, you can partially see it in the video (bottom left hand side). He's lined up offside even though I'm trying to yank him onside. Sable just threw it over the top for 6.

Definitely a great game and yeah the McKelvin shit was odd. The first time he ran offsides and ran into a guy i thought it was you trying to save a timeout cause you called a bad coverage or something. Then he does it again the next play. It was the strangest thing.

I'm still embarrassed that I let up a td with that little time left, but you made some great passes. That and the fact that I already lost this game make me not too mad at the outcome.

the league is advancing early on the account that neither the bengals/steelers game NOR the bears/seachickens game will take place by tomorrow.

all other games for the week have been completed.

i'm advancing the week in about 5 minutes.

storybook when can you play?

Fifty

Lonestar, let me know if you can tonight. (Normally I don't like clogging up the thread with posts like this, but he's not on AIM and doesn't like using PMs!)

LukeSmith

Bluemax, I can play our week 4 game either tomorrow night late (post midnight) or Thursday night - we're both West Coast so I'm ready to sign up for my beating whenever.

DCX

DCX
according to the website, the stats of my game with Lone didn't record...nice EA, just nice...

DCX

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the league is advancing early on the account that neither the bengals/steelers game NOR the bears/seachickens game will take place by tomorrow.

Bull fucking shit. I am not taking a sim loss because of mrbobs bullshit. I like my chances to beat the bears on my own and I will not take a sim loss. Either I get some chance to play bob or the CPU or some kind of fill in or I am done with this league for the year.

DenogginizerOS said:
Sable,

Let me know what good times are for you. I probably won't be free until Friday evening this week but I should have time this weekend. EST.

We'll shoot for Friday then unless something opens up sooner for you.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Matrix: let me know when you can play.

I can lose at either 10:30 or 11:00 eastern tonight if you want.

bluemax said:
Bull fucking shit. I am not taking a sim loss because of mrbobs bullshit. I like my chances to beat the bears on my own and I will not take a sim loss. Either I get some chance to play bob or the CPU or some kind of fill in or I am done with this league for the year.

if i could have assigned a win i would. i don't have the ability. i don't have the ability to remove bob and let you play the CPU or else he cannot come back into the league. I don't have the ability to assign wins. I don't have the ability to change the outcome. I don't have the ability to do shit at this point.

all i can say is that if EA gives me the ability in the future I can overturn the game, but there's not much else i can do right now.

i know it's not fair to either of you but there really isn't any other option except keep extending deadlines when people aren't around and at that point we'd probably get 1 full season in and it would be 2010 by the time that was done.

sorry dude. hopefully you're not serious about quitting but if that's how it's going to be then just let me know. as i said, if i have the ability to overturn it or let you guys replay in the future i will.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bob is a cool dude and all, but what's the point of keeping him around if this is going to happen every week? Can't say I disagree with blue.

With the inflexibility of EA's system compared to LD, a hard deadline may not be a great idea. I think by tomorrow Ram and Somnia would have been able to play.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
if i could have assigned a win i would. i don't have the ability. i don't have the ability to remove bob and let you play the CPU or else he cannot come back into the league. I don't have the ability to assign wins. I don't have the ability to change the outcome. I don't have the ability to do shit at this point.

all i can say is that if EA gives me the ability in the future I can overturn the game, but there's not much else i can do right now.

i know it's not fair to either of you but there really isn't any other option except keep extending deadlines when people aren't around and at that point we'd probably get 1 full season in and it would be 2010 by the time that was done.

sorry dude. hopefully you're not serious about quitting but if that's how it's going to be then just let me know. as i said, if i have the ability to overturn it or let you guys replay in the future i will.
There had to be another option. This just doesn't seem fair or right to me fmt. I've been in the league something like 4 years now and I think I've done a good job of being dependable. I played
my games when I had finals. I played my games when I was crunching my ass off. Mrbob flakes every fucking season and every season you let him get away with it and I'm not going to suffer while you give preferential treatment to on of your butt buddies. I've paid my dues and I deserve better.

I've already left the league and I won't play in another until I can be assured that I won't get fucked over like this again. I really like the game this year so anyone who wants to play feel free to message me but I won't play in another of fmts bullshit leagues.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Bob could have left the league through the website. WTF Bob!

Bob is taking corn flaking to a new level.

Matrix

Wellington said:
Please lose so he doesn't take his aggressions out on me next week!

:lol

Don't worry.

He's much better than me and I don't have Slaton so I don't have a shot.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Just got home and I'm pretty tired but I'll be available tomorrow night after 10ish EST. If we could just shoot for 11 but no later than 12, that would be perfect since my wife will probably be in bed by then.

Fifty

Dammit! Bluemax, I feel your pain totally. I think all of us agree with you not wanting an auto loss, and wanting to decide your own destiny. I don't think this is the way to go. You've been a good member for too long to throw it away over one game. FMT's hands were kind of tied. I mean, he would have had to ORDER bob to quit the league and hope that he listened to him. Let's try to sort this out.

Fifty said:
Dammit! Bluemax, I feel your pain totally. I think all of us agree with you not wanting an auto loss, and wanting to decide your own destiny. I don't think this is the way to go. You've been a good member for too long to throw it away over one game. FMT's hands were kind of tied. I mean, he would have had to ORDER bob to quit the league and hope that he listened to him. Let's try to sort this out.

if he already left the league can he even come back?

Off topic, but has anyone gotten the team stats userscript I wrote to work? I've updated it a couple times, tested it on two different machines and in firefox and chromium and it seems to be working, but i've only heard from two people about it and both said it didnt work.

LiveWire

DM if you're around tonight I'm ready to kick your ass.

sableholic said:
Off topic, but has anyone gotten the team stats userscript I wrote to work? I've updated it a couple times, tested it on two different machines and in firefox and chromium and it seems to be working, but i've only heard from two people about it and both said it didnt work.

Sable: works great for me! nice job! :D

LiveWire said:
Sable: works great for me! nice job! :D

Awesome glad it worked. Also nice to see you tearing it up with Portis (league leader in rushing yards), although you are last in passing yards, poor JC. I miss Portis, but not JC. I'm loving Brees and co..

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
bluemax said:
There had to be another option. This just doesn't seem fair or right to me fmt. I've been in the league something like 4 years now and I think I've done a good job of being dependable. I played
my games when I had finals. I played my games when I was crunching my ass off. Mrbob flakes every fucking season and every season you let him get away with it and I'm not going to suffer while you give preferential treatment to on of your butt buddies. I've paid my dues and I deserve better.

I've already left the league and I won't play in another until I can be assured that I won't get fucked over like this again. I really like the game this year so anyone who wants to play feel free to message me but I won't play in another of fmts bullshit leagues.

Chill out dude. I see where your coming from but FMT really cant do anything when Bob isnt around. he doesnt have special options other than to ban him but then he cant come back. Shit happens. Being a dick about it doesnt do anything.

bluemax said:

i don't disagree with you on any of that but you're acting as if i gave bob the win. i didn't. where is the preferential treatment and who got this treatment? i understand you're mad but now bob is my butt buddy? :lol

this isn't really bobs fault infact. there was pretty much a unanimous feeling to start the league early, so i did. people are jumping on mrbob but it wasn't him who advanced the league, it was me. this had nothing to do with bob "missing" a game, he couldn't play he just moved.

i set a strict deadline and i know given what i have to work with that is questionable but at the sametime i've been incredibly lenient in the past on deadlines and then what happens is people lose interest, dont know when the league is advancing or end up not caring.

i don't want anyone to leave the league especially a dependable player like bluemax. as i said, if i could fix it or pre-determine the winner in those instances i would. but i can't do that now so this is what we're stuck with.

p.s. bluemax can re-join because i didn't boot him, he quit. you are only prohibited from rejoining when the commish "boots" you. otherwise i would've booted mrbob and let blue play the CPU. if bluemax is truly leaving the league i will find a replacement for him shortly.

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Awesome glad it worked. Also nice to see you tearing it up with Portis (league leader in rushing yards), although you are last in passing yards, poor JC. I miss Portis, but not JC. I'm loving Brees and co..

Thanks! Even in my offline franchise, where I've traded for better WRs and bolstered the O-line, I still couldn't break 3000 yds with him. Ended up with 2700 yds passing, 24 TDs, 17 INTs. Some games I slinged (5 TDs against the Falcons), others I slanged (4 INTs against.....the Saints! :lol). Portis broke the all-time record with 2130 yds rushing (21 rushing TDs). That motherfucker Drew Brees STILL got the goddamn MVP though! :mad:

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I can lose at either 10:30 or 11:00 eastern tonight if you want.
I can play.

[edit]The other option is to have the person who is going to miss the game sign out. You know, like I've been saying 1 million times for 3 weeks now? It's unfair for the person flaking to get rewarded period.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
I can play.

[edit]The other option is to have the person who is going to miss the game sign out. You know, like I've been saying 1 million times for 3 weeks now? It's unfair for the person flaking to get rewarded period.

So in 5 mins or do you need some more time? I'm cool with whatever.

ok storybook i'll be online in 10 mins

rors, there was no way for bob to sign out of the league as he couldn't sign on with his xbox. you can't do it from the website.

Rorschach

Ok, maybe I'm not ready. I just got the RROD.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ok storybook i'll be online in 10 mins

rors, there was no way for bob to sign out of the league as he couldn't sign on with his xbox. you can't do it from the website.
Yes you can. Franchise actions -> leave league. Done.

Matrix

Rors I'm online and good to lose!

OH SHIT NOOOOOO

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Matrix: it revived: let's get while the getting's good! :O

Destroy me as quickly as possible!

Mrbob

Hey bluemax, stop being a little bitch. I've put up with enough shit so far, but I'm getting sick of it. If you paid attention to the damn thread you would realize I moved from one place to the next and I have no way to play my game.

Sorry you took the loss (I even said in the previous post I would take the loss) but don't be a jerk.

CB3

Mrbob said:
Hey bluemax, stop being a little bitch. I've put up with enough shit so far, but I'm getting sick of it. If you paid attention to the damn thread you would realize I moved from one place to the next and I have no way to play my game.

Sorry you took the loss (I even said in the previous post I would take the loss) but don't be a jerk.

cheers01.jpg

Anyone wanna play?

Matrix

wtf lost connection with rors

should have done a PS3 league :p

Had one great drive then I became sad as fuck....do over time! :(

CB3

im almost confident rors is fucking with his games to make the ps3 seem better.

I have to play rors this year so i quit! FMT and his butt buddies!

Mrbob

I'll tell you what bluemax, since you feel so slighted you can have my second round pick in the upcoming draft.

I can't give you my first though!

Matrix

Mrbob said:

109633231_3c478c15e1.jpg

Top Bottom