• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Jtrizzy

Question for the FMT or anyone who knows the answer...In a situation where one person doesn't show for a game, does the commish have to boot that player from the league, then have the person play the cpu, then re-invite that person for next week?

Rorschach

Matrix said:
haha that makes it even better
You shut up! :'(

Im-Gonna-Go-Listen-Linkin-Park_500x500.jpg

Jtrizzy said:
Question for the FMT or anyone who knows the answer...In a situation where one person doesn't show for a game, does the commish have to boot that player from the league, then have the person play the cpu, then re-invite that person for next week?
Apparently, you can't booth them or it bans them from the league forever. you have to ask the dude to check out and then sign back in when he gets back.

guys keep in mind on the draft (at this point) you'll just have to have the person from that team "Draft" the player you want. you can't technically trade picks at this point so we need to do a work around.

it's possible by the time draft rolls around EA has fixed this.

and let us not forget the fact that the bears and panthers owe 1st round picks to other teams. we can't forget THAT fact!

Fifty

TheCrow said:
Brandon Marshall for more quarterbacks and linebackers.

Why are you stockpiling shitty QBs? I understand speedy rookie LBs, like Barnes, but trading away your franchise receiver? Don't do it!

and sheeeett, I'd easily give a future 3rd rounder for Curtis. I need some white receivers. Check the site for an offer, CB. I have LJ Smith AND Buckhalter. You need your Eagles back!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys keep in mind on the draft (at this point) you'll just have to have the person from that team "Draft" the player you want. you can't technically trade picks at this point so we need to do a work around.

and let us not forget the fact that the bears and panthers owe 1st round picks to other teams. we can't forget THAT fact!

Facts are funny things

TheCrow

Fifty said:
Why are you stockpiling shitty QBs? I understand speedy rookie LBs, like Barnes, but trading away your franchise receiver? Don't do it!

I was kidding about wanting yet another QB. :lol

Unless I can design a new offense where I can use 4 QBs at the same time. hmm...

Rorschach

Jtrizzy said:
Curtis drops a lot of easy balls in my franchise with the Eagles.
You make a valid point. Thank you, Jtrizzy!

I knew that it was too much for Curtis and his stats aren't very good (especially his release), but on the other hand, I have two 3s. I'll sit on that deal for now and see what goes through, CB.

Rorschach

Is Crabs dumb? If he stays out the whole year, he'll drop in the boards next year and get shittier money. If he holds out on the 49ers, he'll end up like Andre and get less money as he loses leverage...

Oh well, I hope he holds out all year and the 49ers don't get a trade done so he drops to the third round or something and gets paid less than Marshall.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
My whole team is on the block except Nnamdi. If you have a WR, I'd prefer it. Also, willing to give picks.

Would you give up Howard?

There's no way his agent has him hold out that much longer, because he won't be his agent if he does.

Fifty

Someone (FMT or Rors!) should create a file that lists our draft pick movement, both from previous real-life and from trades, so that there's no drama come draft day.

Jtrizzy

:lol

Sorry, I'll stay out of that. I just happened to be playing my franchise, and he dropped a wide open 40 yard pass. It has really surprised me how many balls he seems to drop in this game, I always thought of his as being sure handed.

In all fairness, it does seem like if you get him a few early balls he warms up. Even still he seems to be guaranteed a big drop or two each game.

By the way, is All-Pro easier in online franchise or something?

I just played Eagles vs Saints in online franchise against the cpu and won 52 to 20 something, and it could've been much worse.

Somnia

Striker said:
Both "night" games are matchups of undefeated teams (one is a divisional rival). :)

SOMNIA!
I'm in Vegas for work till Thursday as I've said multiple times in the thread :D

I'll be back Thursday but don't know when I can play yet I'll post when I get home and let you know, but it should be like 5 or 6pm cst on that night.

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

Don't continue to conveniently forget that Seattle owns Denver's first as well.

Striker

Somnia said:
I'm in Vegas for work till Thursday as I've said multiple times in the thread :D

I'll be back Thursday but don't know when I can play yet I'll post when I get home and let you know, but it should be like 5 or 6pm cst on that night.
Thursday is excellent so far, since I'm off. :p

Thanks!

Ladies, I'll deal Braylon if you trade me back a decent WR in return plus LB or DB help. Who's leading the league in drops? I know Robiskie has five right now. Motherfucker. :mad:

Smokey

Hmmmm..

gotta a showdown with da Steelas in week 4. Both of us are undefeated. One shall fall!

Ramirez when are you available to play?

And are we now officially on the Wed/Sat advancement schedule?

Jtrizzy

So what quarter length and clock acceleration are yall using, and what are you doing about un played games? Just make everyone set it to away at all times, so if someone misses the game the person can play the cpu right then?

Jtrizzy

what are you doing about un played games? Just make everyone set it to away at all times, so if someone misses the game the person can play the cpu right then?

Rorschach

Jtrizzy said:
what are you doing about un played games? Just make everyone set it to away at all times, so if someone misses the game the person can play the cpu right then?
Nothing yet, but ideal would be for them to sign out of the league and let the opponent play the cpu, then sign back in when they get back. I though "away" just meant they were away from the console... :/

Jtrizzy

So even if someone sets to away, it won't allow the other person to play the cpu? They actually have to leave the league then be invited back? I booted a player from our test league, and it let me invite him back...not sure if it let him accept yet though. I thought it was the other way around--if the player leaves then he can't return.

I wish they had give the commish the option to change that for each owner.

I was planning to copy this league for the most part, so I am also wondering what you guys are doing about 4th downs. Thanks for the help.

Rorschach

STRIKER: Check trades, plz.

Jtrizzy said:
So even if someone sets to away, it won't allow the other person to play the cpu? They actually have to leave the league then be invited back? I booted a player from our test league, and it let me invite him back...not sure if it let him accept yet though. I thought it was the other way around--if the player leaves then he can't return.

I wish they had give the commish the option to change that for each owner.
Well, I'm not completely sure. I've been meaning to test some of these things with a fake league.

I was planning to copy this league for the most part, so I am also wondering what you guys are doing about 4th downs. Thanks for the help.
Most of us are vets, so we just play it by ear and we don't have a hard set of rules yet. I would suggest a set of fair play rules for new leagues, though. Set a compromise based on your members because there will surely be bitching like "waaah how come I can't go for it on 4th and 20 with my back against my own endzone?! It's my life! You're not my real dad!"

Jtrizzy

Rorschach said:
STRIKER: Check trades, plz.

Well, I'm not completely sure. I've been meaning to test some of these things with a fake league.

Most of us are vets, so we just play it by ear and we don't have a hard set of rules yet. I would suggest a set of fair play rules for new leagues, though. Set a compromise based on your members because there will surely be bitching like "waaah how come I can't go for it on 4th and 20 with my back against my own endzone?! It's my life! You're not my real dad!"

:lol We've already had that exact kind of silliness in the thread when I brought up 4th down rules.

I'm having someone set their status to away in our test league to try that out, so I'll let you know if it works.

Rorschach

Jtrizzy said:
:lol We've already had that exact kind of silliness in the thread when I brought up 4th down rules.
Yeah, that's why I think it's important to reach some compromise. What we had in the early days was:

Don't go for it in the first half in your own territory. You can go for it in enemy territory if it's a couple of yards or less.
Same rules in the third unless you're down by 2 scores or more, then it's user discretion.
4th quarter you can go for it if you're down by any margin at any part of the field.

But maybe they're too strict. This was back in the old, wild west days of Madden!

I'm having someone set their status to away in our test league to try that out, so I'll let you know if it works.
Please do, thanks.

CB3 said:
Striker dont you dare give rors Braylon!
I changed my mind anyway because he's no Curtis...sigh my dreams are shattered.

[edit] Well, all my trade hopes shattered tonight. Send me deals if you have a good WR up on the block! I'm all ears. No Nnamdi unless you have Peyton Manning or Larry Fitzgerald, though.

...maybe AWalt!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fucking Matrix what the hell!! You just ruined my life for the next week, I'll have to practice with every free opportunity I have. Rors already has what looks like the top D in the league and now he is going to be motivated.

Did anyone have problems with their depth chart this week? My DC was all fucked up.

----------

I am still really curious how player progression is going to work. My team is already good, probably too good, and every starter aside from my OLine, Pierce, and Fred Robbins at DT are entering their 6th year in the league or less. Guys like Smith, Bradshaw, Boss, and Ross - three of which are probably the most important parts of my O, and the other a starting corner, are going into their third year. Hakeem "The Dream" Nicks and Clint Sintim are seeing big playing time from me as rookies. Kenny Phillips just had a DTD and I am starting to finally "get" DLine play to the point where I can see having double digit sacks with Tuck. Is the game going to say that all of these guys had positive contributions to the team, are young, and have A or B POT ratings then bump them up accordingly?

I'm a little worried that we have not implemented or discussed a "salary cap". I don't want to be penalized for working in guys like Nicks and Sintim while everyone else plays older players because they can't be bothered to adjust their depth chart.

I've been considering targeting a stud tackle in the draft, but I am worried about how progression would work. If it's based on pancakes then we're in trouble, as Rors pointed out to me a few days ago, those rarely happen across the league.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
MRBob, can you play tonight? Tonight or Friday is best for me as College Football starts Thursday. But I can miss an hour of college football to play on Thursday if need be. That is what DVRs were invented for!

Ramirez

Smokey said:
Hmmmm..

gotta a showdown with da Steelas in week 4. Both of us are undefeated. One shall fall!

Ramirez when are you available to play?

And are we now officially on the Wed/Sat advancement schedule?

Did it advance already? I'm free tonight and tomorrow night...

If it doesn't advance until 10 PST tonight, then I'll have to play tomorrow night.

Mrbob

dskillzhtown said:
MRBob, can you play tonight? Tonight or Friday is best for me as College Football starts Thursday. But I can miss an hour of college football to play on Thursday if need be. That is what DVRs were invented for!

Can't play tonight. :/ Internet isn't being hooked up till tomorrow HOPEFULLY.

We can play Friday. I'm done with work for an extended week midday friday and if for some reason my internet isn't up by tomorrow I'll lug my 360 to a friends place to play! Let me know what time you are thinking of.

LiveWire

Ladell Betts is on the trading block. Stats are: 72 OVR, 79 SPD, 73 STR, 77 AGI, 83 ACC, 75 AWR, 81 TRK, 64 ELU, 75 BCV, 83 SFA, 72 SPM, 74 JKM, 83 CAR, 66 CTH, 75 STA, 74 INJ

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
Hmmm...I'll have to think that one over.
Its a good deal...i'm sure with a 2nd rounder you get a starter and depth with the 6th. I'm just in a win now mode and i'd throw away this entire draft to put me in position to win now.

DCX

augmental

I finally received my copy of Madden NFL 10 for 360 from the Sports Illustrated deal. It is an actual retail copy if anyone cares. There was a 'NOT FOR RESALE' sticker over the barcode but once the sticker is removed it is legit. Trying to win a game with the Chiefs is like trying to get a married supermodel to give you some free lovin', hehe.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mrbob said:
Can't play tonight. :/ Internet isn't being hooked up till tomorrow HOPEFULLY.

We can play Friday. I'm done with work for an extended week midday friday and if for some reason my internet isn't up by tomorrow I'll lug my 360 to a friends place to play! Let me know what time you are thinking of.

Friday evening is fine with me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
We still advancing on Saturday? Let's do this then Matrix. There's no fucking way I'm just gonna leave the fans hanging like that.

TheCrow

Shawnwhann said:
I just caught up on the rest of the league's action from tonight, and I got a solid 2 minutes of nonstop knee-slapping spit-choking laughter.

Bluemax calling FMT and Bob butt buddies was so random and irreverent that it was fucking brilliant!

Thanks for the chuckles guys! :lol

When can you play? I feel like pulling off an upset. :D

Top Bottom