• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX said:
Its a good deal...i'm sure with a 2nd rounder you get a starter and depth with the 6th. I'm just in a win now mode and i'd throw away this entire draft to put me in position to win now.

DCX

I don't think I can just give you the guy without getting someone in return in online franchise since it won't technically let us trade picks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
storybook77 said:
I don't think I can just give you the guy without getting someone in return in online franchise since it won't technically let us trade picks.

Just have him trade you a scrub then cut him

Smokey

Ramirez said:
Did it advance already? I'm free tonight and tomorrow night...

If it doesn't advance until 10 PST tonight, then I'll have to play tomorrow night.

We advanced to week 4. I can play tonight let me know when you're good.

TheCrow

How about playing at about 10pm cst?

Edit: How long does a game normally last? If it's not too long I could play at around 6.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AstroLad said:
We still advancing on Saturday? Let's do this then Matrix. There's no fucking way I'm just gonna leave the fans hanging like that.

Yea that's cool if we advance Saturday. I should be free. What time's are good for you?

"Fucking Matrix what the hell!! You just ruined my life for the next week, I'll have to practice with every free opportunity I have. Rors already has what looks like the top D in the league and now he is going to be motivated.
"

:lol

I was going to lose most likely, the first game I was for sure, but we got booted and the second game....well the game ended at what looked like 1 second on the clock when he spiked the ball when the clock should have stopped and let him attempt a GW 40 something yard FG. His QB went into a snap animation and screwed him over.

The Madden god's wanted Rors to lose or wanted you to really have to work for a W next week :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
I was going to lose most likely, the first game I was for sure, but we got booted and the second game....well the game ended at what looked like 1 second on the clock when he spiked the ball when the clock should have stopped and let him attempt a GW 40 something yard FG. His QB went into a snap animation and screwed him over.

The Madden god's wanted Rors to lose or wanted you to really have to work for a W next week :p
I will never forget Rors snapping the potential undefeated season streak at 14-0. He is my kryptonite.

How come I can go 14-0 with a crappy Giants team but I am 2-2 with probably the best Giants team I've ever gotten to play with? Fucked up...

DCX

DCX
storybook77 said:
So you'd send me Jamaal Anderson and then I'd cut him? :lol

(I really hope he breaks through this year, would be a GREAT surprise)
:lol :lol ..... :/ He better, but yeah a scub for trade purposes, then just cut em

DCX

LiveWire

It seems to me that Madden will not let you stop the clock under 4 seconds in a "trying-to-drive-into-FG range" or "running-out-the-clock-to-ensure-game-winning-FG-is-the-last-play" game situations. I've seen it happen at half-time and 4th quarter situations many times in unranked games. My advice to anyone looking to win in those situations is to call a timeout no later than 6 seconds left if possible.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
It seems to me that Madden will not let you stop the clock under 4 seconds in a "trying-to-drive-into-FG range" or "running-out-the-clock-to-ensure-game-winning-FG-is-the-last-play" game situations. I've seen it happen at half-time and 4th quarter situations many times in unranked games. My advice to anyone looking to win in those situations is to call a timeout no later than 6 seconds left if possible.
Thanks, noted. :(

I knew I should have kicked it with 23 seconds left.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I will never forget Rors snapping the potential undefeated season streak at 14-0. He is my kryptonite.

How come I can go 14-0 with a crappy Giants team but I am 2-2 with probably the best Giants team I've ever gotten to play with? Fucked up...

You had Tiki Barber and a better secondary (at least, better Madden secondary).

LiveWire

Rorschach said:

Same thing goes for trying to squeeze in a shot at the endzone with little time left. I estimate you need at least 11 seconds in the redzone to take a shot either to the endzone or a few yards short and trying to YAC it in... Madden seems to always choose the longest possible tackling animation which usually ends up running out the clock and preventing a timeout from being called.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:

If you can run the ball or stop the run it's your best shot against him imo. It's easier said then done though. Besides a couple of wtf bad breaks for Rors, I won cause I was able to keep McFadden in check and Moats had the game of his life.

Astro, that time sounds good.

Matrix

Rorschach said:

Sucks for you that both of us ran out of timeouts. I knew what you were trying to do early so I was using my timeouts to get myself more time...it wasn't working cause of robo Russell. Though I would have saved and called one for you if I had known that was going happen.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
You had Tiki Barber and a better secondary (at least, better Madden secondary).
Not really. The two GAF Madden Championships I won were with the Broncos and the Chiefs, both of which I used because they had lights out secondaries at the time I picked them. Now I at least have 90 rated Corey Webster on one side, and Ross is no slouch on the other. My safeties suck though.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Sucks for you that both of us ran out of timeouts. I knew what you were trying to do early so I was using my timeouts to get myself more time...it wasn't working cause of robo Russell. Though I would have saved and called one for you if I had known that was going happen.
haha. I would have had a Timeout if it wasn't for that goal line thing where I couldn't snap the ball, so I had to waste it.

Matrix said:
If you can run the ball or stop the run it's your best shot against him imo. It's easier said then done though. Besides a couple of wtf bad breaks for Rors, I won cause I was able to keep McFadden in check and Moats had the game of his life.

I think everyone knows by now that I can't throw...well, I can throw, but no one is gonna catch it. :lol And half the time JRuss will under/over throw. Once in a blue moon (once against the Chiefs and once against the Texans), he'll throw in the complete opposite direction. If anyone here complains about their 75+ QB with decent ACC again, I'm gonna lose it. You don't know bad until your QB throws left when you want to go right with no pressure in his face.

All that said, stop giving someone who already has the advantage tips! ;b

LiveWire

Matrix said:

Astro, that time sounds good.

I stopped Rors on the run and he gashed me with Miller and Schilens. What you need to hope for is for Madden J-Russ to play like real life J-Russ, which it seems he did in your game.

Rorschach said:
If anyone here complains about their 75+ QB with decent ACC again, I'm gonna lose it. You don't know bad until your QB throws left when you want to go right with no pressure in his face.

Campell has done that before. Can I complain now? :D

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
I stopped Rors on the run and he gashed me with Miller and Schilens. What you need to hope for is for Madden J-Russ to play like real life J-Russ, which it seems he did in your game.
He was playing great...in the first ERASED game. :( Happens every time JRuss has a great game: disconnect!

Campell has done that before. Can I complain now? :D
Pix or it didn't happen! If it did, though...yes, you may complain!

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
haha. I would have had a Timeout if it wasn't for that goal line thing where I couldn't snap the ball, so I had to waste it.

I think everyone knows by now that I can't throw...well, I can throw, but no one is gonna catch it. :lol And half the time JRuss will under/over throw. Once in a blue moon (once against the Chiefs and once against the Texans), he'll throw in the complete opposite direction. If anyone here complains about their 75+ QB with decent ACC again, I'm gonna lose it. You don't know bad until your QB throws left when you want to go right with no pressure in his face.

All that said, stop giving someone who already has the advantage tips! ;b

In the last few games we've played together you've completed 70% of your passes, Eliteyore.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
In the last few games we've played together you've completed 70% of your passes, Eliteyore.
Non-franchise games don't count. If it was a franchise game, we would have been disconnected with 5 seconds left and then the next game, he would have gone 20% with 3 INTs and no TDs.

This upcoming game is his last chance, though. If he wets the bed, JGar is in and he's bringing the pain!

storybook77 said:
Even the servers know that isn't right! :lol
:(

In other news, Ian has stated that the 1st patch is done and in 3rd party hands. He hopes to release the details of said patch plus a Q & A faq blog for other concerns/issues.

Fifty

Lonestar Let me know when you can play tomorrow, in eastern time. I'd like to cement a time so there's no way it doesn't get played. I won't be able to play on Friday or Saturday.

Smokey

Ramirez said:
GG Dboy, Parker saves me again, I can't pass for nothing. To top it off, Holmes is out for the year. :lol

gg

kinda pissed off right now. even with parker's 2 monster TD runs, i was still in it and made some stupid ass decisions which cost me the game. what makes it worse is week 5 is my bye week.

it's all good though.

i look forward to seeing braylon edwards in a chargers uni for week 6.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
GG Dboy, Parker saves me again, I can't pass for nothing. To top it off, Holmes is out for the year. :lol
Holy shit! :lol

I have yet to see an injury that spans multiple games (hopefully I don't see one for my team!)... being out for the season is kind of crazy, especially a guy like Holmes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Smokey said:
gg

kinda pissed off right now. even with parker's 2 monster TD runs, i was still in it and made some stupid ass decisions which cost me the game. what makes it worse is week 5 is my bye week.

it's all good though.

i look forward to seeing braylon edwards in a chargers uni for week 6.
Whaaaat!!! Chambers, VJ, Gates, now Edwards!?

Damn!!

Fifty

Ramirez said:
To top it off, Holmes is out for the year. :lol

ravensOld.jpg

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i didn't approve a trade of edwards to the chargers. have to see the details on that one ladies

Just so you know, me and DCX went through with the trade we discussed earlier in this thread. My team is going nowhere fast and I could use the extra picks to get some more help along with some FA's.

Smokey

Wellington said:
Holy shit! :lol

I have yet to see an injury that spans multiple games (hopefully I don't see one for my team!)... being out for the season is kind of crazy, especially a guy like Holmes.

Hit was pretty vicious though. Didn't expect him to be out the entire season though! I think he tried to catch a pass or something and just got knocked tha fuck out. He has a torn something can't remember:lol

And Jackson is involved in Browns trade so Edwards is replacing him.

CB3

im actually surprised we went this long without a huge injury considering how often they happen offline.

CB3

anyone wanna play? i hate to keep playing scrimmages, especially against people who i might face in my schedule later on but i can really see improvement in my game since i started playing more.

Matrix

CB3 said:
im actually surprised we went this long without a huge injury considering how often they happen offline.

I consider losing Slaton for 4 games huge when you already are playing with a team that's not that great.

Matrix

Smokey said:
Believe brother.

Our time is this year.

Oh I believe we have a chance in real life :D I meant based on Madden ratings.

Rorschach

These inflated "sim" stats are bullshit. Urlacher gets 11 tackles, Devon Hester gets 110 rec yards and 3 tds... :lol

14 Pancakes for the Seahawks OL...

No way our human controlled teams can put up that many pancakes.

edge was a concession i made for bluemax. i was leaning towards giving him edge anyhow, and the entire drama that happened yesterday (it being my fault) i decided to allow it

Top Bottom