• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach

:lol EA is not even including the Raiders' legacy unis in the DLC. Ok, now I do buy the anti-Raiders bias! ;b

AstroLad said:
I'll play you dog.

We gonna be able to advance tonight? I see bluemax is online so might be able to get our huge clash in.
Tomorrow. Livewire and GCQuinton are playing tomorrow.

I'll send you an invite!

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
:lol EA is not even including the Raiders' legacy unis in the DLC. Ok, now I do buy the anti-Raiders bias! ;b

Tomorrow. Livewire and GCQuinton are playing tomorrow.

I'll send you an invite!

We already played Rors. If everyone else is done we can advance the week tonight.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
597 of those rushing yards came against the Lions, Rams, and Panthers.

DMczaf said:
Sadly couldn't even break 70 against the lowly Bucs :(

Shawnwhann said:
With stats like those, that wild card slot is totally within your reach. Good luck with that!

sdYsolKXXqq7xgmfCjcGgD4no1_500.gif

guys, don't forget, and i can't stress this enough:

WEEK 6 IS THE LAST WEEK FOR ANY TRADES!

THAT MEANS THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE A TRADE BY SATURDAY, 9/12/09 BY 9 PM PST THEN YOU CAN NO LONGER TRADE ANYONE UNTIL THE OFFSEASON. THIS INCLUDES DRAFT PICKS.

IF I SEE THAT SOMEONE DID TRADES AFTER THE DEADLINE I WILL DELETE YOUR STARTING QB AND ASSIGN YOU JOEY HARRINGTON FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE FRANCHISE.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

THAT MEANS THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE A TRADE BY SATURDAY, 9/12/09 BY 9 PM PST THEN YOU CAN NO LONGER TRADE ANYONE UNTIL THE OFFSEASON. THIS INCLUDES DRAFT PICKS.

IF I SEE THAT SOMEONE DID TRADES AFTER THE DEADLINE I WILL DELETE YOUR STARTING QB AND ASSIGN YOU JOEY HARRINGTON FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE FRANCHISE.

Is it the last week for you to release Crabtree just like EAs roster update.
SO LONG CRABTREE

LukeSmith said:
Is it the last week for you to release Crabtree just like EAs roster update.
SO LONG CRABTREE

i'll release him when you put bob sanders on the PUP list, and when smokey suspends merriman, and when i have someone else on offense to look forward to next season :(

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'll release him when you put bob sanders on the PUP list, and when smokey suspends merriman, and when i have someone else on offense to look forward to next season :(

Turn injuries off and let us self maintain them and you've got a deal.
VOTE NO ON CRABTREE
VOTE SIM LEAGUE

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
Sweet--BLUEMAX I can usually play after 9 EST weeknights, Wed. might have to be a little later though.

Are we advanced? I could probably play now...

Usually after about 8pm PST is best for me since I don't get home until after like 7:30pm PST and I cook dinner which takes awhile.

LJ11 said:
You can AIM me if you want (LJ11370).

I read that EA is releasing an AFL pack for 7 bucks, new Uni's and more Madden moments. They cut that shit out of the game to sell back to the fans. I'd pay 7 bucks for a fucking patch that allowed defenders to cover the flats, better pursuit angles, and actually cover receivers running through their zone.

Edit: It also adds a tv filter

I already have most of the Seahawks combos, I think they had one other variation on the 80s design but meh.

Although for some reason it has the home uniforms as blue jerseys and white pants when the Seahawks have done the all blue thing exclusively for several years now.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Didn't we learn last season that Roideman is impervious to roster changes?

Striker

The Bills ate my defense up, specifically Marshawn Lynch. My defense took odd angles in the middle and tackled poorly.

Brady Quinn started off good, but his first INT really broke the ice. A good route by Jackson, but the pass was slightly thrown to its right, and the Bills DB easily nabbed it. It all went downhill from there.

In the meantime, while down I subbed in my two rookies QB Brandstater and RB James Davis, and got a TD before the final. Hoping he rates up well so once Frerotte bolts I can have a faithful backup, or if need be, possible starter later!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bluemax said:
Are we advanced? I could probably play now...

Usually after about 8pm PST is best for me since I don't get home until after like 7:30pm PST and I cook dinner which takes awhile.
Oh cool, yeah I can also play tonight if we do advance. Tonight works a little better but tomorrow late also probably works.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I better get compensation for stealing my backup QB :lol

AirBrian

Luke is kicking my ass, less than 2 minutes left in the game, and it drops. :|

EA needs to change it where the commish can assign a winner. Fuck me, they suck so hard.

AirBrian

LukeSmith said:
Game let me finish, AB. Seeing that the deficit was considerable and it was with 2 minutes to play I hope that's kosher
Oh, really? Yeah, we're replaying that bitch! I was about to come back!

(No, not really. Please take the win.)

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
Luke is kicking my ass, less than 2 minutes left in the game, and it drops. :|

EA needs to change it where the commish can assign a winner. Fuck me, they suck so hard.
Looks like Luke stayed on, so it's all good! At least you didn't get one of my heartbreaking disconnects.

I cry.

AirBrian

AstroLad said:
haha yeah with a cpu finish it keeps all the stats
Just checked the website and all the stats are there...including the broken jaw that Tulloch apparently got! Nice! :(

Anyhow, gg, Luke. Thanks for the royal spankdown. I had such promise after the first two series too. :lol

LukeSmith

AirBrian said:
Just checked the website and all the stats are there...including the broken jaw that Tulloch apparently got! Nice! :(

Anyhow, gg, Luke. Thanks for the royal spankdown. I had such promise after the first two series too. :lol

Yeah you did, CJ is a beast. Great play calling in your ground game, AB.

Birdman02

storybook77 said:
Dear Birdman,

When would you like to get your win?

Storybook77

:lol

I'm actually on xbl if you wanna play now. If not, then I'll be around tomorrow night sometime between 10-11 est and anytime after (I have a 2k9 series to play too).

On a side note, why is there an option to restart a completed game in offline franchise? I just finished a 20-17 nail-biting win against the Steelers, and I accidentally chose to restart because I wasn't paying attention in the post game menu. What a waste of an hour. :(

Birdman02 said:
:lol

I'm actually on xbl if you wanna play now. If not, then I'll be around tomorrow night sometime between 10-11 est and anytime after (I have a 2k9 series to play too).

On a side note, why is there an option to restart a completed game in offline franchise? I just finished a 20-17 nail-biting win against the Steelers, and I accidentally chose to restart because I wasn't paying attention in the post game menu. What a waste of an hour. :(

I'll be able to play tomorrow night. I need to turn in for the night or I'll be more worthless than usual at work tomorrow.

Somnia

Matrix when is good for you? I'll be on xbl tonight (message me) or I'm good anytime tomorrow.

Edit: Make that I'll be on AIM not xbl (Somnia1982)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bluemax i sent you a friend inv. i can play within the next hour if you come on. otherwise i can probably play late tomorrow but can't say for certain. after 8 pst usually works otherwise though

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
bluemax i sent you a friend inv. i can play within the next hour if you come on. otherwise i can probably play late tomorrow but can't say for certain. after 8 pst usually works otherwise though

Ah shit, okay I'll be on in a few.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Somnia said:
Matrix when is good for you? I'll be on xbl tonight (message me) or I'm good anytime tomorrow.

Edit: Make that I'll be on AIM not xbl (Somnia1982)

I'm too tired to play now, but I'm free tomorrow from 4 pm est till 6 pm est and then I'll be back home and free from 10 pm est on tomorrow night.

Rorschach

GG CB3

WTF game lags for just a fraction of a second and the cpu takes control as I'm about to return a FG for a TD and takes a knee instead?! Fuck.this.game.

DHB drops a couple more passes... Higgins too...

Coles catches a deep muffugah and the WRs become inspired and catch their shit too. That Coles one was funny because as I threw I thought to myself "No! Just throw it away! Your WRs can't catch, remember?!" *Coles catches it over the shoulder* "AIIIEEEE! I HAVE A WR?!"

Fifty

You won by one point, but he had 19 1st downs to your 2. Wow. :lol Granted your TDs came on big plays, but that's still a funny stat.

Somnia

Matrix said:
I'm too tired to play now, but I'm free tomorrow from 4 pm est till 6 pm est and then I'll be back home and free from 10 pm est on tomorrow night.

I'll be on AIM at 4pm est waiting for ya then!

Rorschach

Fifty said:
You won by one point, but he had 19 1st downs to your 2. Wow. :lol Granted your TDs came on big plays, but that's still a funny stat.
That's what kills me when you play offline franchise when all the recap show focuses on is 1st downs or number of plays. WTF does that determine? :p

gg LJ. it got out of hand quick in the 4th.

sorry about passing so much early, i was trying out the new playbook and wanted to see what it had to offer.

i hope they tweaked the D a bit in the patch. only in madden can shaun hill go 20/24 passing (with 3 of those incompletions coming early in the game). the middle just opens up TOO easily. there are ways to stop it of course, but you basically compromise your entire D to do it, and if your opponent is looking for ANYTHING else he's going to get it.

also, on that first TD throw to evans i went back and looked at the replay cause he was WIDE fucking open and i didn't blitz that cb. well, NO ONE moved before the snap, but for some reason my CB slid (as if on ice) over to the slot receiver and then back to the middle and just stood there. dont know wtf that was :(

LJ11

That pass to Evans looked like a blown Cover 2, I thought you spotlighted someone which is what caused the D to shift like that, because everyone (not only your CB) started to move towards the center.

It isn't the middle of the field that bothers it's the passes to the MOTHERFUCKING FLATS. I've got guys sitting there with no one to defend and yet a delayed route into the flats is money. You were moving around in the pocket so guys get free over the middle as the D moves, but the passes in the flats even when covered is unfucking real. No one steps up to make a play on the ball, I'm not sure if it's my shit D or what.

I don't even try with the minigame anymore, I never win that shit and I hate mashing for it. What a pain in the ass, wtf were they thinking with that shit.

Edit: I was also a retard for playing a lot of 4-3 but I didn't want to go to a 3 man line against Gore.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
It isn't the middle of the field that bothers it's the passes to the MOTHERFUCKING FLATS. I've got guys sitting there with no one to defend and yet a delayed route into the flats is money. You were moving around in the pocket so guys get free over the middle as the D moves, but the passes in the flats even when covered is unfucking real. No one steps up to make a play on the ball, I'm not sure if it's my shit D or what.
It's not you or anyone else. Like I said before, it's the game. DM just pasted this to me:

- Second title update is in progress. Top issues in development? Blocking, coverage of flat routes, def pursuit, franchise sim stats, replay length, CPU AI, and more. 

:O Fix incoming...some time...who knows when...but it's coming!

Vikings will be in trouble when that happens ;)

Top Bottom