• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

wait ok what is in the first patch if that's the 2nd one? update with new snickers ads?

p.s. LJ it wasn't a blown coverage. it was a "WTF??". it was a cover 2 zone, and as i said at the snap Dre Bly literally moves 7 yards to his left in front of the slot receiver and leaves evans open. now, its possible it would've still been completed, but it was still ridiculous.

and yes the flats coverage is bad and it's not JUST to rb's either :(

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
gg knew i'd give it away on d

I'm getting sick of these come down to the wire games, I'd like to win easy for once.

I think my next game is against the Cowboys, well at least that one won't come down to the final play!

Just to recap this game:

I trailed 14-3 at the half. Midway through the third I'm in the middle of a so so drive and I have I think second and short (I uploaded the highlight) and I come out in a run formation with the intent to pass. I audible Carlson's route, he beats his man and then proceeds to stiff arm and out run the rest of the Cards D 58 yards. I go for two to make it 14-11.

Link: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9059297

Next drive I get Astro backed up to a third and long after a penalty. When picking my D at the last second I decide to nickle blitz. The corner comes in untouched and kills Warner (he was a high injury risk afterwards) Wilson picks the floater off an runs it back for a TD. After the PAT it is now 14-18.

Link: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9059271

We go back and forth, with Astro finally getting the better of me to score with about 4 minutes to go, making it 21-18.

I drive down but run out of steam and kick a fairly long FG to tie it up 21 all. After a Warner INT I get a crappy drive where I get just enough yards for another long FG. Now with 58 seconds left all I have to do is hold the Cards down, right?

Wrong! Breaston runs it back, despite the fact that he was wrapped up at one point! Naturally the game doesn't let me save this replay.

So now I have all 3 of my TOs and 51 seconds starting at my own 26. First 2 plays incompletions, then I string together some nice completions and get down to the 29 or so. I call a play that has Carlson end up wide open but I run out of time and get sacked burning my last TO. I run the same play, Carlson slightly less open but enough that I get it to him, the problem is he gets tackled in bounds. I try to quickly call a pass but instead pick a run! So I audible to a quick pass hoping itll let me hit a guy on a slant to the sideline but instead all my guys are going to the middle, with time running out I suck it up and heave it hard to Branch who makes a diving catch in the end zone for the TD!

Link: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9059292

For some reason my ability to come back from deficits is so much better this year. I don't know why but I'm a much better passer this year than I have been in previous years.

GG Astro.

Edit: Good to read in R0rs post that the patch will fix the replay length. It seems like some times the best part of the play is what happens right at the start, or the presnap read and you can't get that this year. Bugs the hell out of me.

Also Edgerrin James is soft, dude went out twice with injuries.

Holy fuck I threw the ball 48 times and ran only 10. I gotta work on that. I knew I was Texas Techin' it up but not that much.

Rorschach

:lol Oh, man. Finally have a decent game with JRuss and the stats are missing from the season total. Sigh... of course they are. When JRuss has a decent game, the game disconnects or... my stats disappear. Thanks, EA.

The Seahawks and Cards both have theirs in. :(

I quit.

DCX

DCX
AstroLad said:
haha yeah with a cpu finish it keeps all the stats
haha no it doesn't...see my stats as counted by Madden and actually go game to game and add them up and you'll see my victory over the Pats didn't record stats wise.

Matt Ryan is supposed to have 935 yards passing and 11 Tds to 4 ints. If you go week to week and adding up his passing stats. He doesn't. He has " officially " 672 , 6 tds , 4 ints. Even the script that was added to firefox shows Falcons team passing as 935...

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shit advanced already? I'm not sure if I'll be able to hook up my Xbox today, still doing a lot of work around the house. I may be able to hook it up to play late Friday or Saturday, whenever you want to kill me, the worst team in the NFCE, Sable.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait ok what is in the first patch if that's the 2nd one? update with new snickers ads?

p.s. LJ it wasn't a blown coverage. it was a "WTF??". it was a cover 2 zone, and as i said at the snap Dre Bly literally moves 7 yards to his left in front of the slot receiver and leaves evans open. now, its possible it would've still been completed, but it was still ridiculous.

and yes the flats coverage is bad and it's not JUST to rb's either :(

This part was left off of DM's message...

Ian Cummings said:
- First title update is done, awaiting approvals from 3rd party manufacturers...expected this week. Some good fixes in there - from gameplay to online to online franchise. Full list coming very soon.

-Broadcast cam is included in the first title update

Wellington said:
Shit advanced already? I'm not sure if I'll be able to hook up my Xbox today, still doing a lot of work around the house. I may be able to hook it up to play late Friday or Saturday, whenever you want to kill me, the worst team in the NFCE, Sable.

standings say otherwise. Anyways, i'll be ready to drop to 1-4 whenever you are ready, just let me know. Saturday probably would work better, but we'll see.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DCX said:
haha no it doesn't...see my stats as counted by Madden and actually go game to game and add them up and you'll see my victory over the Pats didn't record stats wise.

Matt Ryan is supposed to have 935 yards passing and 11 Tds to 4 ints. If you go week to week and adding up his passing stats. He doesn't. He has " officially " 672 , 6 tds , 4 ints. Even the script that was added to firefox shows Falcons team passing as 935...

DCX

That's what you get for running it up on me!

DCX

AirBrian

Lonestar said:

DCX
Lonestar! When is a good time for you?

I've got some family in from out of town for the next week, so my schedule sucks. Any night after 10 PM (CDT) would work...well, except for tonight. Mornings work as well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
damn gotta play wellie next week too.

why oh why couldn't you hold out for 1 minute cards defense!? o wait....

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
GG CB3

WTF game lags for just a fraction of a second and the cpu takes control as I'm about to return a FG for a TD and takes a knee instead?! Fuck.this.game.

Wow damn PSN screwing up madden again!

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:

DCX

nba_g_curry_576.jpg

For real i didn't run it up, i did my best to play straight up but when you have Awalt throwing the ball to me and holes on your D...i did the best i could for 3 quarters...

Lone*

DCX

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
BigAT said:
dskillz, I'll be around pretty much all day today to get our game in if you're available.

I can play at noon Central. I am having car issues so I am stuck at home today.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AirBrian said:
Lonestar! When is a good time for you?

I've got some family in from out of town for the next week, so my schedule sucks. Any night after 10 PM (CDT) would work...well, except for tonight. Mornings work as well.

Mornings are never good for me, unless it's the weekend. I "can" try for the 10 pm's, but that's about as late as I want to start a game, heaven forbid a disconnect happens that late. Thursday and Friday night are good for me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
damn gotta play wellie next week too.

why oh why couldn't you hold out for 1 minute cards defense!? o wait....
:(

Saints, Cards, Eagles... I am already sick of flying shit. :(

Tough couple of weeks for me and I don't even have my Xbox set up to practice. :(

AirBrian

Lonestar said:
Mornings are never good for me, unless it's the weekend. I "can" try for the 10 pm's, but that's about as late as I want to start a game, heaven forbid a disconnect happens that late. Thursday and Friday night are good for me.
OK, let's shoot for Thursday then. I'll try and get on earlier too. If not, Saturday morning is good.

BigAT

gg dskillz, watching Calvin Johnson just shrug off a tackle before running another 50 yards was not especially pleasant. You play pretty well with Detroit considering how awful the team is.

sableholic said:
On a side note Ian looks like Tony Romo.

Maybe that's why I am quick to think he's a douchebag.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
-they are working on salery cap and FA for Online Franchise but dont expect it any time soon

-No sliders planned for online franchise

dskillzhtown

BigAT said:
gg dskillz, watching Calvin Johnson just shrug off a tackle before running another 50 yards was not especially pleasant. You play pretty well with Detroit considering how awful the team is.

Yeah, the Lions have a crapload of holes that you exploited very well, lol. That last INT I threw was just idiotic.

LJ11 said:
Broadcast camera is a nice novelty, but how about bringing back last years alt camera angle.

I was/am hoping this is the first step to spectator mode.

BigAT

By the way, on that 3rd and short on my last real offensive possession I thought I had a run play called. Imagine my surprise when Rogers stepped back into the pocket. That's why I stood back there for a second like an idiot before futilely running forward.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn I did not know about some of these issues (pursuit angles, passes in the flats). Has anyone experienced any abuse in our league? The only RB I see with a crazy reception total is Addai.

CB3

I knew about the flats being hard to cover. I try to limit how many times i pass to Westbrook like that

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
I knew about the flats being hard to cover. I try to limit how many times i pass to Westbrook like that
I wish I had known better to be honest, I like to hit my RBs over the middle on "Go's" and slants as you know and have defended with your safety.

CB3

Yeah ive had to move my safety up alot on RB's wich creates alot of problems. not saying its cheap but it is what it is. Ive had to manually cover backs wih LB's for the first time ever in madden just cause sometimes it gets a little ridiculous

LiveWire

CB3 said:

I've been blown up with Portis/Sellers on both intended screens and flat routes. I've also blown up others' attempts. I don't see it as a problem, most likely just people failing to call up some defensive schemes that cover the flats now and then to keep an offense honest.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is the pursuit angle issue only on offense? It is very easy to score a DTD if you get the ball in space, but let's be real, shouldn't it be that way? Guys on offense aren't used to chasing or tackling anyone. Most of the time I end up taking control of a guy up field and taking the correct angle.

dskillzhtown

Wellington said:
Damn I did not know about some of these issues (pursuit angles, passes in the flats). Has anyone experienced any abuse in our league? The only RB I see with a crazy reception total is Addai.

I don't abuse it, but with my shitty O-line I have to be ready to dump the ball off ASAP. So my RB will be my outlet when blitzed.

LJ11

If you're getting blitzed and the flats are uncovered, that should be option number 1 in getting rid of the ball. The problem is that even if you call a Zone that has the flats protected, you can still complete the pass because zone defenders are morons. It's not just with RB's, WR's/TE's have free reign as well as FMT pointed out.

Part of the problem will be solved if they actually fix pursuit angles in man coverages. You won't have this rounded route to the ball carrier out in the flats, so running man coverages will be more viable against most backs.

Somnia

Matrix I'm sorry to say I won't make it for our game today some stuff has popped up that I need to take care of. I am free tomorrow after 630pm cst (anytime) and same with Friday. Just let me know what works for you and I'll be there. Sorry again man

there are a few things causing issue in passing game:

1. depth of the zones
2. reactions

for instance, last night against LJ it was 3rd and long. I call a soft cover 2, basically designed to keep everything in front of me before the first down marker. so what happens? my defenders drop an additional 5-10 yards.... now it's like i'm playing a damn prevent defense and there are things WIDE open.

oh, this defense would be perfect for long outs and deep plays, but there is no great zone D for intermediate routes unless you're going to stop it yourself.

there were also times where LJ called a perfect D, got pressure, and i threw it up to a WR clearly with 2 guys in zone in the area but LJ's guys wouldn't make a play on the ball UNTIL i had already caught it and gotten yards.

it's not fair to call a solid play and be burnt time and again. the frustrating thing is its just a few minor fixes that are needed to solve this problem.

very disappointed to see the first patch has NO GAMEPLAY CHANGES. :(

Striker

Rorschach said:
:lol Oh, man. Finally have a decent game with JRuss and the stats are missing from the season total. Sigh... of course they are. When JRuss has a decent game, the game disconnects or... my stats disappear. Thanks, EA.

The Seahawks and Cards both have theirs in. :(

I quit.
I'm missing stats from Quinn's 18-21, 1 TD game against Cincinnati.

EA >:|

Somnia

Striker said:
I'm missing stats from Quinn's 18-21, 1 TD game against Cincinnati.

EA >:|

Cause it never happened!!! That's what you get for avoiding the curse of injuries that is our division :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's funny how tons of games don't have stats record apparently (even when they don't disconnect) and they still haven't fixed the broken scoring summaries or login errors among about 20 other things wrong with the site. Amateur hour. I mean really not uploading stats that kinda defeats the point of a franchise in the first place (negative effect on progression, among other things).

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Somnia said:
Matrix I'm sorry to say I won't make it for our game today some stuff has popped up that I need to take care of. I am free tomorrow after 630pm cst (anytime) and same with Friday. Just let me know what works for you and I'll be there. Sorry again man

No problem. I'll post in here tomorrow night if I can play. I know for sure I'll be free Friday.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
very disappointed to see the first patch has NO GAMEPLAY CHANGES. :(

Somebody transcribed the FAQ over at OpSports....

Top Questions:

1) What is the first patch?
Added Super Bowl and Playoff Field conditions for Online Franchise
Fixed False Start Grieving issues with Online games
Fixed video player issue where video would hang on latent connections
Improved uploaded highlight quality
Switched ranked online games to 7 min Q's
Fixed random stability issues
Added Broadcast Cam!
Gameplay Specific fixes:
Tuned slider effectiveness (Run blocking and broken tackles esp.)
Changes run blocking slider to not effect special teams
Made fatigue effect ratings more
Fixed WR release to where receivers release to both sides
Fixed incorrect spotting on punts out of bounds
Reduced/removed holding on kicking plays
Improved toe drag catch logic
Improved pursuit angles for outside running plays
Fixed defenders in pursuit running away from O-Line
Better play recognition in man coverage
Fixed double pass online exploit

2) When is the patch coming out?
Patch is up for approval from MS, expecting approval this week, and release next week but it's in the hands of MS at this point.

3) What is being done to stop the effectiveness of passes to the flats?
Hoping to adress this in second patch

4) What being done to improve blocking?
We are looking at this issue and hope to find some fixes for patch 2

5) What's being done to fix the replay cutoffs on highlights?
Will be fixed in patch 2.

6) What's being done to improve the accuracy of simulkated franchise stats?
Working to decrease Qb yardage and increase RB TD's. Hoping to get this into patch 2.

7) Are there any plans to fix the effectiveness of the PA Qb draw?
We plan to release a video showing ways to contain this play. We don't feel like it's a money play and releasing a counter via video will go a long way towards contasining it.

8) Any plans to change pursuit for cpu defenders?
Looking to address in 2nd patch

9) Pursuit for offensive players?
Next roster update will have increased pursuit angles for offensive players that should cut back on defensive TD's.

10) Any plans to get stadium specific sounds working correctly?
We are currently lookign at this and hope to get the fix into the 2nd patch as well.

11) Are you working to adding more features to online franchise such as salary cap, contracts, etc?
Absolutely but it won't be soon due to the complexity of the matter.

12) Are their plans to add sliders for online games and online franchise?
Not for Madden 10, will be looking at adding it for Madden 11 though.

13) Any plans to add more auto replays?
Currently working on and trying to get in for Patch 2

14) Why isn't the ability to choose what you want to challenge?
Priority for this is low since real NFL refs would look to correct more than just what was specifically challenged by the coach.

15) Why so many restriction on Wildcat formation?
We tried to limit exploits by limiting some of the things you are able to do in normal plays. No plans to unlock the formation fully for offline.

16) Why is it so hard to get sacks against the CPU?
Lame duck throws have drastically released sacks since the Qb can throw out. We are looking at ways to increase sacks.

storybook77 said:
Somebody transcribed the FAQ over at OpSports....

Edit: Sorry, I was mistaken, the bolded is in patch 1. carry on

Also updated the script, a lot more stats (sacks, sacked, games, pass attempts, turnover ratio, rush attempts, passing yards per attempt, etc). Also made it so the sorting column is noticeable, fixed some sorting that wasn't correct, fixed some stats that were incorrect in their decimal numbers. Also all the tables are collapsible if you click their title ("Total Offensive Stats" for example). Did some cleanup to remove redundant code.

Give it a try and let me know if theres anything else you would like added:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/56832

Technically the script isn't that far away from being able to post individual leaderboards, but I wasn't sure if that was something people wanted.

Top Bottom