• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
Well, thanks to EA and/or our connections. The epic matchup between the Cowboys and the Falcons will not be taking place. It will however be subject to a sim, isn't it grand? I predict a Cowboys victory with the Falcons losing both Turner and Ryan to injuries...

DCX

It blows ass not having my team's destiny in my hands for a week, but it is what it is. What has essentially turned into two bye weeks in row sucks donkey dick...

>_<

Somnia

Mrbob said:
Somnia I don't know if tonight will be a go. Are you home around 10cst on monday night as well?

I don't play the queens the first time until week 14 or 15. :/
We have the marvel midnight launch Monday so I won't be home till 115ish am cst. I'll be home Tuesday from 7 on though if that works.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fantastic. The posibility of a cowboys loss and potential key injuries? It could be great

Rorschach

When you guys are done with your games, try to quit out using the menu. If you just exit, disconnect, turn off the console, etc, you might mess up your opponent's stats. You might not give a hoot about your stats, but it might matter to your opponent, so be courteous. Thaaaaaaaanks.

south_park_smug.jpg

Striker

Rorschach said:
When you guys are done with your games, try to quit out using the menu. If you just exit, disconnect, turn off the console, etc, you might mess up your opponent's stats. You might not give a hoot about your stats, but it might matter to your opponent, so be courteous. Thaaaaaaaanks.
Is that is what causes the stats mishap? The Bengals' missing game stinks because Robiskie was 7 rec., 96 yards, TD, and Quinn was 18-21, TD. Two of my young players on my offense who had positive games, and it won't count? -_-

Scrolling through Sables' script, though, they did count, so it's confusing.

Rorschach

Striker said:
Is that is what causes the stats mishap? The Bengals' missing game stinks because Robiskie was 7 rec., 96 yards, TD, and Quinn was 18-21, TD. Two of my young players on my offense who had positive games, and it won't count? -_-
It's been a recurring theme in players who have had this happen on other forums and this one. There might be other reasons, but it's a small thing to do to be safe. Just end your game as you normally do, skip or watch the cutscenes, and scroll down and quit from the post game menu.

Sable's script takes the stats from the individual post game stats, so those don't count towards your players' season stats. Sorry, I feel your pain since my only offensive game worthwhile was erased as well, but there's nothing we can do about it now. :(

Striker said:

if my scripts count it, that means EA has it saved. Yep just looked and that Bengals Browns game has stats. Does it just not show up on the 360?

Rorschach

sableholic said:
if my scripts count it, that means EA has it saved. Yep just looked and that Bengals Browns game has stats. Does it just not show up on the 360?
Like I said, it counts it for the individual game, but not the season totals. Check his player profiles and the stats won't be there. :(

Rorschach said:
Like I said, it counts it for the individual game, but not the season totals. Check his player profiles and the stats won't be there. :(

yep I see what you mean. lame/doesn't make sense but I see it. EA should be able to fix that since they do in fact have the stats saved, whether they will is anyones guess.

Striker

sableholic said:
If I view a certain players stats, for example, WR Brian Robiskie, it is missing his single TD this year, which occurred in the CLE/CIN game.

When I view your team stats or others through the script, it's all there - everything. If it saved, and just that we can't view it personally through the site or personal stats (via Xbox 360), then that's fine. As long as it doesn't hurt their progression...

I think Rors had a 4 TD game with Russell that didn't count. :\

Striker said:
If I view a certain players stats, for example, WR Brian Robiskie, it is missing his single TD this year, which occurred in the CLE/CIN game.

When I view your team stats or others through the script, it's all there - everything. If it saved, and just that we can't view it personally through the site or personal stats (via Xbox 360), then that's fine. As long as it doesn't hurt their progression...

I think Rors had a 4 TD game with Russell that didn't count. :\

no i think i just misunderstood what you meant, rors is probably right it'll probably screw up your progression if they don't fix it. They do have it saved though

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AstroLad said:
alright wellie just let me know if/when you're ready
Sorry broheim. Was working on my house all damned day, just got home actually. Let me know when you can go tomorrow (before the Giants game).

xbhaskarx

I'm a Madden novice, can someone help me not suck at this game? Is there like a site out there with tips or something?

Whenever I pass to a WR who is moving out towards the sideline, there is a 0% chance of me completing the pass because I can't seem to get the ball over the CB.
Whenever I run to the outside, even a speedy RB like Chris Johnson will get tackled for a two yard loss.

Do I need to play around with the game settings or something?

RS4-

Where's Smokey at, I feel like getting another 5 picks :lol

Thanks for the info about the stats stuff, didn't really notice it before.

BigAT

Striker said:
BigAT,

I'm home at 7:00 tonight. We can play if you're around. If not, best bets are Monday or Tuesday. :p

I was at a CFB game all yesterday. Monday works fine for me, I'll be around pretty much all day so let me know what works for you.

Mrbob

Somnia said:
We have the marvel midnight launch Monday so I won't be home till 115ish am cst. I'll be home Tuesday from 7 on though if that works.

Ok we will have to play tuesday night.

Note to admins (aka rors who will cry :D), I work all day mon and tues so I don't get home till around 9PM central both days! I can't stay up till 1:15am mon night to play, so we will get it in around 9 to 10 central tuesday night!

Rorschach

xbhaskarx said:
I'm a Madden novice, can someone help me not suck at this game? Is there like a site out there with tips or something?

Whenever I pass to a WR who is moving out towards the sideline, there is a 0% chance of me completing the pass because I can't seem to get the ball over the CB.
Passes use the analogue buttons. The harder you press, the harder the QB will throw. You have to throw it with some touch to get it over the CB. Also, you have a decent QB so you can "lead" passes with the left stick or dpad. If you play with a crappy QB like Russell, don't bother. :(

Whenever I run to the outside, even a speedy RB like Chris Johnson will get tackled for a two yard loss.
Don't press the turbo button at all until you get past the line of scrimmage and your blockers are set up.

Do I need to play around with the game settings or something?
Play whatever works for you. Fortunatley, there are are sliders so you can tune the things you are bad at. I personally just use default All-Pro or All-Madden.

Mrbob said:

Note to admins (aka rors who will cry :D), I work all day mon and tues so I don't get home till around 9PM central both days! I can't stay up till 1:15am mon night to play, so we will get it in around 9 to 10 central tuesday night!
It's funny how it's usually DM who brings it up, but I get the call out. It's also impossible to squash it when YOU keep bringing it up. smh

Somnia

Mrbob said:

That works. I'll jump on AIM when I get home from work and wait for ya to shoot me a message when you are ready to play Tuesday night.

xbhaskarx

Rorschach said:
Passes use the analogue buttons. The harder you press, the harder the QB will throw. You have to throw it with some touch to get it over the CB. Also, you have a decent QB so you can "lead" passes with the left stick or dpad. If you play with a crappy QB like Russell, don't bother. :(

Don't press the turbo button at all until you get past the line of scrimmage and your blockers are set up.

Play whatever works for you. Fortunatley, there are are sliders so you can tune the things you are bad at. I personally just use default All-Pro or All-Madden.

Thanks!

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
Rors,

I will be pretty busy this weekend. Mayber Sunday night, but most likely it will be Monday.
How is your Sunday night shaping up? It would be better for me than Monday unless it's late at night on Monday.

Striker

BigAT said:
I was at a CFB game all yesterday. Monday works fine for me, I'll be around pretty much all day so let me know what works for you.
OK cool. I go into work at 5 EST I think, so we could try before that time.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Rorschach said:
How is your Sunday night shaping up? It would be better for me than Monday unless it's late at night on Monday.
I am at the lab now working. If I can get out of here at a decent time, perhaps we can play tonight around 930-10 EST.

Ramirez

This game is such a complete joke at times. I had SEVEN freaking drops by my WRs and that's just the ones it recorded, like come on. Sweed lets a pass go through his hands, it even zoomed in on it like he caught it, instead it morphs through him and he gets a 100+ INT return.

Also had a lovely play where I had about 7 defenders wrapping up his WR and he some how slips out of the animation and gets a 40-50+ yard TD. Peterson caught balls in traffic all day, overpowered Polamalu, etc.

Just ugh.

The only redeeming thing out of that game was that I thought I had put Favre and Peterson out with injuries towards the end, Favre never did come back, but I think Peterson did. I was hoping for 5-6 weeks at least personally.

Striker

Ramirez said:
The only redeeming thing out of that game was that I thought I had put Favre and Peterson out with injuries towards the end, Favre never did come back, but I think Peterson did. I was hoping for 5-6 weeks at least personally.
But then who is he going to pass to?!

Fifty

Ramirez, I had the same thing happen. I actually knocked out Peterson with a concussion, but he returned later in the game! :lol Happy as I may be that we're still even in the division race, there is no team I want to lose more than the Vikings.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If anyone wants to play tonight I should be around, I just have to do some minor painting, but I am good after that. I'm looking to try out a new defensive playbook as the one I have is just not working for me in certain respects.

BigAT

Ramirez said:
Well, I didn't want to get into that. :lol

Drama free year for me!

I think that makes you the 4th or 5th person now that "hasn't wanted to get into that" but has been equally annoyed.

LukeSmith

storybook77 said:
Luke, I'll be around later tonight after 10 EST or so.

I'm TBD, the late MNF has some fantasy football implications for me. I'll check in here later today when I know more. You're going to get the Chris Johnson treatment for SJax (i.e. 180 yards and TDs :( )

Fifty

LukeSmith said:
I'm TBD, the late MNF has some fantasy football implications for me. I'll check in here later today when I know more. You're going to get the Chris Johnson treatment for SJax (i.e. 180 yards and TDs :( )

Madden Franchise> Real NFL Franchises>>>>>>Fantasy Football.

51688KGX0ZL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

i'm back friends! matrix when can you play? i'll be home today but i think my gf wants to go out somewhere when she gets back from school (at 3 pm pst or so). let me know!

p.s. GO NINERS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!

LukeSmith said:

Just let me know. If not, I'll be around the same time tomorrow night.

Top Bottom