• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Mrbob

Damn with the vikings and packers at the top of the division its going to be tough attempting to get back into the mix.

Wild Card situation doesn't look much better! Gonna have to step it up and fast!

Fifty

TheCrow said:
GG fifty.

Felt like I just wasn't supposed to win.

I guess that game just deflated you. It was either that or an extreme outburst was coming. I'm not sure which I would have gone with myself.

You're obviously not as bad as your record reflects. The game truly did want you to lose. I have never seen that many drops. 6 Denver drops. It's tough enough playing against my Ravens D, but when shit like that happens, there's just no hope. And, of course, Yamon Figurs leads off the game with a KR TD.

BigAT

Well, the NFC North is back up for grabs as the Vikings finally went down tonight to pull the Packers even with them in the loss column and remove the head-to-head advantage (does that even matter?).

I was down 7 late and after 3 unsuccessful attempts to get it into the end zone and with just 0:01 left on the clock, Aaron Rodgers managed to thread a ball through the cover 3 to Greg Jennings as time expired to tie up the game and force overtime.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9326190

I won the coin toss in OT, drove the ball down the field and Mason Crosby put a 42 yarder through the uprights for the win.

In an odd coincidence, this is my second game in a row that has ended in a 31-28 victory in overtime.

Smokey

GOOD GAME RORS!!!

That was intense. The lag in the 1st quarter or so was horrific. The first play of the game I forgot Asomugha was covering Edwards, and when I threw it I knew it was an instant pick 6.

:(

Couldn't get anything going AT ALL until the 2nd half. Rivers settled the fuck down and made some killer throws and HEY GUYS LT IS ALIVE! He had 121 yds most of that coming in the 2nd half.

I figured you were pissed on the drive where you through the ball 3 times and scored in like 50 seconds:lol , but we bounced back. Monster 4th quarter with 21 points was good, and the D showing up when they had to got us out with this Dub!! The missed FG from 52 yds that hit the bottom of the post was also BULLSHIT :/

Oh and one huge play was the COMPLETELY LUCKY PA pass I threw to Edwards and he caught it in between 4 Raiders in the middle of the field. I let out a "FUCK" when I threw that ball, but the Madden gods let him catch it. It was a pick waiting to happen.

GG

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
someone is going to get fucked at the end of the season with the way these records are looking.

somehow, the rams are in first in the west even though the seachickens have a better record. the pats are also ahead of the jets despite the fact that the jets won their head to head meeting.

maybe this gets straightened out when all 16 games are done but im just hoping its not an issue :/

It's because it's an asterisk game. He beat the patriots with AWALT at the Helm.

TheCrow

Fifty said:
I guess that game just deflated you. It was either that or an extreme outburst was coming. I'm not sure which I would have gone with myself.

You're obviously not as bad as your record reflects. The game truly did want you to lose. I have never seen that many drops. 6 Denver drops. It's tough enough playing against my Ravens D, but when shit like that happens, there's just no hope. And, of course, Yamon Figurs leads off the game with a KR TD.

I just don't want to fuck up this thread. I'll keep it to myself.

The drops weren't bad if it was spread out across 4 quarters. But they all happened in the first quarter. That just allowed you to just pull away. Your receivers especially heap just caught everything and wouldn't get tackled. The rest was just you playing well.

Smokey

TheCrow said:
My record would be better if I could stop giving up an early lead and thus having to get away from running the ball.

Just because you are down doesn't mean you have to abandon your gameplan, unless it's like late 4th quarter or your down maybe 2+ TDs.

TheCrow

Smokey said:
Just because you are down doesn't mean you have to abandon your gameplan, unless it's like late 4th quarter or your down maybe 2+ TDs.

It's just that I get easily discouraged since I've only gone downhill since my opening week win. It feels like the outcomes of games are out of my hand whether its missed tackles, dropped passes, or opponent's receivers catching every single ball and then breaking tackles. Even against fifty my defense would not get an interception and dropped picks after picks.

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
Ugh. I swear i feel like im baby sitting children here half the time.

I personally feel my idea is great. if you guys can connect unranked for whatever reason then why let it go to coin toss? Since we cant assign wins, whoever wins that game gets to play the CPU (Its more than likely a win against the CPU anyway).

I guess i dont know the whole story but Shawn came to me and told me his side and my idea seems to mesh well with that. DCX instead of you blowing me off and saying things like nope not gonna happen without proving some sort of solution yourself, how about you come tell me your side. This drama shit is stupid

I swear you guys are lucky i dont run this league i got no time for bullshit. FMT Is like Paul Tagliabue. Im like Roger Goodell. Iron fist!

DCX you know where to find me. Or Rors. Or any other Admin. I dont understand why you dont want to control your own destiny

With iron fist rulership like this I wouldn't have had to take two bull shit losses!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
someone is going to get fucked at the end of the season with the way these records are looking.

somehow, the rams are in first in the west even though the seachickens have a better record. the pats are also ahead of the jets despite the fact that the jets won their head to head meeting.

maybe this gets straightened out when all 16 games are done but im just hoping its not an issue :/

Well see if I had gotten my win against MrBob this wouldn't be an issue!

Or If I hadn't turned the ball over 4 times in week 1 against the Rams!

bluemax said:
With iron fist rulership like this I wouldn't have had to take two bull shit losses!

yeah you would have. CB was just as eager to advance the week you played bob. your 2nd loss would have never happened if you had just chilled out for a minute and not quit the league the second after it was done!

in somewhat related news, it appears that rors has "left the franchise" cause i saw the raiders owner as CPU. hmmmmm

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
che-guevara1232976553.jpg

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah you would have. CB was just as eager to advance the week you played bob. your 2nd loss would have never happened if you had just chilled out for a minute and not quit the league the second after it was done!

in somewhat related news, it appears that rors has "left the franchise" cause i saw the raiders owner as CPU. hmmmmm

Propaganda! Lies!

Rorschach

The fuck? I didn't even have time to exit the league by accident. I just quit and then shut down the 360. Then I went to go watch me some Ethier heroics and went on a burger run. Why did it boot me? Whatever, EA.

Although, maybe they're doing me a favor...

Smokey: please turn off your torrents when playing. -_- You pause it, go away for a sec, then come back and magically it's not 2 fps anymore?

Also, you can't just PA every friggin' pass. I decided to give you a pass in the first game because I assumed you just didn't know what it was doing, but please don't do that every game. It's bad enough that the AI is absolute dog shit when defending PA against high rated PA QBs, but to do it every damn passing play is ridiculous. I'd even accept 80% of passing plays.

Play action? Let's all be fucking tards!
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9327552

Ugh that JRuss fumble that pretty much broke the game was BS. I slid, but no animation...so he just stood there....

Anyway, maybe I'll rejoin tomorrow if I don't feel like breaking the Madden disc in half.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
if it makes you feel better i made smokey toss his madden disk into the wall a couple weeks ago!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
if it makes you feel better i made smokey toss his madden disk into the wall a couple weeks ago!
Back in Madden '04 I think, Wasabi made Malley break a controller. :lol

What will you make me do today? I nominate controller through TV.

bluemax said:
Well see if I had gotten my win against MrBob this wouldn't be an issue!

Or If I hadn't turned the ball over 4 times in week 1 against the Rams!

My team is on a hot streak now...watch out! :lol

Mrbob

CB3 said:

Hahaha, he gets a little intense with his madden games!

In our scrimmage game last week, game was paused for like 3 minutes. He told me he broke his controller in rage and had to go get another one. :lol

I wonder how much money these leagues cost him?!

Where is DM? Wasn't around much before our game, and nothing since we played it.

He is back in school at Vegas Showgirls University.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
When you lost games you weren't exactly Mr. Talkative either, nobody is.

That being said I will be absent after Cold destroys me tonight. I am going to get Vicktimized. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Hahaha, he gets a little intense with his madden games!

In our scrimmage game last week, game was paused for like 3 minutes. He told me he broke his controller in rage and had to go get another one. :lol

I wonder how much money these leagues cost him?!

One time I lost to DM and smashed down so hard on my desk that it buckled. As usual my games with DM come down to the very last drive. I was moving the ball and Ronde Barber made a 360 degree no look int. Ugh.

I get smokey next.... please don't hurt me. :(

LiveWire

Wellington said:
One time I lost to DM and smashed down so hard on my desk that it buckled. As usual my games with DM come down to the very last drive. I was moving the ball and Ronde Barber made a 360 degree no look int. Ugh.

Yep, typical Tiburon Tampa bias. Fucking bullshit.

Also, after this week is advanced, DCX, I will be out of town Fri night-Sun afternoon, so the first opportunity I will have to play our game is Sun night. Let me know if that works for you.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh yeah, reading back on the Shawn vs. DCX thing, My original thought was "Damn Shawn, you're a douche. 52-10 man, against the CPU!"

But then I remember...DCX ran the score up on me 52-10. So, bravo Shawn! Magnifico!

Lonestar said:
Oh yeah, reading back on the Shawn vs. DCX thing, My original thought was "Damn Shawn, you're a douche. 52-10 man, against the CPU!"

But then I remember...DCX ran the score up on me 52-10. So, bravo Shawn! Magnifico!
LOL, the CPU is cake. If you look at the stats and score summary you'd see alot of points were gathered on Pick 6s. Plus I scored 52 on DCX in a shootout, so it's not like like my scoring output on the CPU was unrealistic in this case.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:

expect he didn't beat me 52-10, he beat me 52-28...so yeah, bravo Lone for the silver lining :lol

DCX

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Yep, typical Tiburon Tampa bias. Fucking bullshit.

Also, after this week is advanced, DCX, I will be out of town Fri night-Sun afternoon, so the first opportunity I will have to play our game is Sun night. Let me know if that works for you.
Sunday night would be just fine..

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
Sunday night would be just fine..

DCX
Wouldn't that be after the usual advance time of Saturday night? The way some people here have been so rabid about advancing the weeks you may be pushing your luck.

Wellington said:
Wouldn't that be after the usual advance time of Saturday night? The way some people here have been so rabid about advancing the weeks you may be pushing your luck.

that's his next week game, he plays me this week.

bluemax

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
Can you run tomorrow afternoon/evening my L.A. brother?

Depends upon how you define evening. I need to hit the store up after work and get some groceries. After like 9pm PST might work (I don't get off work until 7pm).

Otherwise Thursday night after like 7:30/8pm PST should be clear.

luke and i tried to play last night after midnight and the game disconnected.

it was a 3-3 barnburner near the half!

of note: both gore AND addai suffered serious injuries and couldn't return. i'm pretty sure gore would have been out for the season because the injury description said something like "groin tear" or something else nasty. it also didn't give me the option to put him back in.

oh, then josh morgan got hurt just running (no one around him). not sure what the injury was but he couldn't come back either. thank god it disconnected!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
luke and i tried to play last night after midnight and the game disconnected.

it was a 3-3 barnburner near the half!

of note: both gore AND addai suffered serious injuries and couldn't return. i'm pretty sure gore would have been out for the season because the injury description said something like "groin tear" or something else nasty. it also didn't give me the option to put him back in.

oh, then josh morgan got hurt just running (no one around him). not sure what the injury was but he couldn't come back either. thank god it disconnected!
PSN still affecting the league. You guys better move it to Wii. They might not catch you there.

Top Bottom