• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Smokey

Rorschach said:
The fuck? I didn't even have time to exit the league by accident. I just quit and then shut down the 360. Then I went to go watch me some Ethier heroics and went on a burger run. Why did it boot me? Whatever, EA.

Although, maybe they're doing me a favor...

Smokey: please turn off your torrents when playing. -_- You pause it, go away for a sec, then come back and magically it's not 2 fps anymore?

Also, you can't just PA every friggin' pass. I decided to give you a pass in the first game because I assumed you just didn't know what it was doing, but please don't do that every game. It's bad enough that the AI is absolute dog shit when defending PA against high rated PA QBs, but to do it every damn passing play is ridiculous. I'd even accept 80% of passing plays.

Play action? Let's all be fucking tards!
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9327552

Ugh that JRuss fumble that pretty much broke the game was BS. I slid, but no animation...so he just stood there....

Anyway, maybe I'll rejoin tomorrow if I don't feel like breaking the Madden disc in half.

my torrents:lol . Yeah my torrents were the reason the first play of the game was a pick 6 that I threw to you. I dunno if you're joking or what but I had nothing running. I paused the game because my delicious porkchops were done cooking and I was hungry.

and now it gets interesting!

I didn't PA every play. I did it a lot because LT was running all over the place, so I did it to keep you on your toes.

Play action? Let's all be fucking tards!
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9327552

That play had nothing to do with PA and more to do with 4 of your players seemingly unable to get a hand or pick off that easy pass. If you would've took control of one of those many players in that play, you could've had an easy pick.

Even then if a play I want to run involves PA, sorry I'm going to run it. I'd say that quite a bit of the passing plays in the Chargers playbooks are PA...that's not my fault bro.

In certain situations I may not like a particular passing play that's in a standard formation, and one I do like happens to be in the PA category. If that's the one I want to play then sorry.

But to say I did it on all of my passes is not true, and your whole post comes off as if I cheesed my way to beat you. Yeah me calling PA plays had a lot to do with the 2 picks and fumble you threw in the 4th qtr.

It's all good sorry if you took my play in yesterdays game as wrong!

Rorschach

Smokey said:
my torrents:lol . Yeah my torrents were the reason the first play of the game was a pick 6 that I threw to you. I dunno if you're joking or what but I had nothing running. I paused the game because my delicious porkchops were done and since I was hungry...I paused the game to go turn off the stove etc.

and now it gets interesting!

I didn't PA every play. I did it a lot because LT was running all over the place, so I did it to keep you on your toes.

That play had nothing to do with PA and more to do with 4 of your players seemingly unable to get a hand or pick off that easy pass. If you would've took control of one of those many players in that play, you could've had an easy pick.

Even then if a play I want to run involves PA, sorry I'm going to run it. I'd say that quite a bit of the passing plays in the Chargers playbooks are PA...that's not my fault bro.

In certain situations I may not like a particular passing play that's in a standard formation, and one I do like happens to be in the PA category. If that's the one I want to play then sorry.

But to say I did it 80% of my passes is not true, and your whole post comes off as if I cheesed my way to beat you. Yeah me calling PA plays had a lot to do with the 2 picks and fumble you threw in the 4th qtr.

It's all good sorry if you took my play in yesterdays game as wrong!
I didn't say you won because of PA. I said the fumble blew the play open which was EA's fault because instead of the animation, he just stood there....

The pick was also BS because it was spidersense pick, but again, not your fault.

100% PA is just annoying is all. And I doubt any team in the NFL would do it. Your justifications of doing it because it works contradicts your denying you did it.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
luke and i tried to play last night after midnight and the game disconnected.

it was a 3-3 barnburner near the half!

of note: both gore AND addai suffered serious injuries and couldn't return. i'm pretty sure gore would have been out for the season because the injury description said something like "groin tear" or something else nasty. it also didn't give me the option to put him back in.

oh, then josh morgan got hurt just running (no one around him). not sure what the injury was but he couldn't come back either. thank god it disconnected!

The hit on Josh Morgan was a late hit (unflagged) after Shaun Hill overthrew him. Bob Sanders delivered the hit on him and Frank the tank. Addai had a dislocated elbow and would've probably been out for a while.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
I didn't say you won because of PA. I said the fumble blew the play open which was EA's fault because instead of the animation, he just stood there....

The pick was also BS because it was spidersense pick, but again, not your fault.

100% PA is just annoying is all. And I doubt any team in the NFL would do it. Your justifications of doing it because it works contradicts your denying you did it.

You're still saying that I did nothing but PA.

This isn't true, but if that will make you feel better then ok.

The Chargers passing plays, again, I'd say are more PA than not for ones with good routes. I'm not going to do some rinky dink passing play just so you'll be happy, and not use the play I really to that so happens to be PA.

bluemax said:
Depends upon how you define evening. I need to hit the store up after work and get some groceries. After like 9pm PST might work (I don't get off work until 7pm).

Otherwise Thursday night after like 7:30/8pm PST should be clear.

We can try tomorrow then, I forgot that UFC Fight Night is tonight.

Rorschach

Smokey said:
You're still saying that I did nothing but PA.
Yeah, that's all you did. I'll stick by that. And that's all you did the first week too.

The Chargers passing plays, again, I'd say are more PA than not for ones with good routes. I'm not going to do some rinky dink passing play just so you'll be happy, and not use the play I really to that so happens to be PA.
I'm not saying not to use PA. That's fine, but every passing down is ridiculous and on 3rd and 25 shows that you're not doing it to fake, but to get the advantage that suction blocking and retarded CBs provide. That's cool, though. I don't have to play you ever again anyway. I just decided to bring it up because now you'll think twice before doing it against someone else. I doubt you ever do it again.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Yeah, that's all you did. I'll stick by that. And that's all you did the first week too.
I'm not saying not to use PA. That's fine, but every passing down is ridiculous and on 3rd and 25 shows that you're not doing it to fake, but to get the advantage that suction blocking and retarded CBs provide. That's cool, though. I don't have to play you ever again anyway. I just decided to bring it up because now you'll think twice before doing it against someone else. I doubt you ever do it again.

:lol :lol

i'm 6-1 and you're the first person to even bring it up. If I do it every play as you suggest, how come nobody else has mentioned it?

sounds to me like you're having a bad case of tough titties. PA didn't cause you to fumble and throw 2 picks bro.

TheCrow

BigJonsson said:
I'm a bit surprised no one has dropped out yet after what happened last year!

I have thought about quitting but since its going to be just one league for a about year, I would have no chance of getting back in later on. And I don't want to leave during my first chance of taking part in this league.

Is it weird that I look forward to my next game? I just want to play right away, but I did feel this way before playing fifty and we now how that turned out. :(

Rorschach

Smokey said:
:lol :lol

i'm 6-1 and you're the first person to even bring it up. If I do it every play as you suggest, how come nobody else has mentioned it?

sounds to me like you're having a bad case of tough titties. PA didn't cause you to fumble and throw 2 picks bro.
Wow, you didn't even read my previous post. Congrats.

DCX

DCX
:lol <3 EA I had four drops...all on third down. fumble on a drive to end the half as i was at least going to get a FG...3 plays TD for Sable..lets not mention the fumble that i recovered but the games decides to not award possession until it activates the mini game yay! NFC South up for grabs...

DCX

Smokey

Rorschach said:
Wow, you didn't even read my previous post. Congrats.

Why should I?

You're sitting here accusing me of doing PA "100%" of the time, when you know it wasn't true. Then, you want to sit here and try and blast me in the Madden thread when you could've said something via PM.

Hell the Chris Chambers pass to the end zone wasn't PA. Guess that's not 100% of the time! The Gates pass he caught over the middle in the 3rd and long situation wasn't PA. Guess that's not 100% of the time! I did a few screen passes too, guess what, that's not 100% of the time!

Seems to me you're mad that some of the bigger plays might of involved PA, but it's still not "100% of the time.

DCX said:
:lol <3 EA I had four drops...all on third down. fumble on a drive to end the half as i was at least going to get a FG...3 plays TD for Sable..lets not mention the fumble that i recovered but the games decides to not award possession until it activates the mini game yay! NFC South up for grabs...

DCX

The fumble you had to be fair I did hit stick the guy and if greer hadn't run out of bounds would have been a easy td.

which fumble was the bolded one about? The one on the punt return? I called for a fair catch and you drilled bush. I did call it late, but thats why they gave me the ball back and 15 yards or whatever. The only other fumble I can think of is the one that the Saints guy was the only player and clearly had it, but they still popped up the mini-game for some reason, thats why it started way on my side. Sadly I already exited otherwise i'd look for a highlight.

Only highlights I made were ones that you scored tds on cause of how embarrasing they were for me/saints, your two tds:

first one 74 yarder on a screen pass, can anyone tell me wtf happens with Sharper, he takes a crazy ass loop angle and takes himself completely out of position. EA Fix that shit:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9349100

2nd one 75 yarder, scared that Sharper will blow the play I switch to him and proceed to blow the play :lol :
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9349092

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
GG Story. Those 2 turnovers from my backs made me want to break a controller.

I surely thought you were about to make a comeback and win.

dskillzhtown said:
GG Story. Those 2 turnovers from my backs made me want to break a controller.

I surely thought you were about to make a comeback and win.

GG

Too little too late for me. If I could have found my rythym on offense earlier in the game than I wouldn't have needed those 2 turnovers to just get back into the game. I would've also been able to use SJax in the run game more if I would've kept it close instead of getting down 21-3.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
storybook77 said:
GG

Too little too late for me. If I could have found my rythym on offense earlier in the game than I wouldn't have needed those 2 turnovers to just get back into the game. I would've also been able to use SJax in the run game more if I would've kept it close instead of getting down 21-3.

I thought you may have been hesitant to use SJax because of the fumbles right before the half. I know I took out my starter when he got a little tired because I was scared he would fumble again, then my back up fumbled!!!!

Rorschach

Smokey said:
Why should I?
:lol Yeah, like I said, I'm done. You don't have to read anything you don't want to.

And you know why people don't say shit? Because they don't want to start shit and then it ends up blowing up like week 17 and everyone comes out with "yeah, yeah, same here!" Like Luke says, it's the "knitting circle." I can say it because I don't give a fuck anymore and I have nothing at stake. And I don't care if you call my character into question. I've played hundreds of games in multiple leagues and not just Madden ones. And seriously, I wasn't attacking you, I wasn't condemning your win, and I wasn't asking for a mulligan. I was just telling you because you did it twice now.

But anyway, I'll talk to FMT and see if BigJohnson is the next in line, hand him the team, and I'll never set foot in this thread again.

Smokey

Rorschach said:
:lol Yeah, like I said, I'm done. You don't have to read anything you don't want to.

And you know why people don't say shit? Because they don't want to start shit and then it ends up blowing up like week 17 and everyone comes out with "yeah, yeah, same here!" Like Luke says, it's the "knitting circle." I can say it because I don't give a fuck anymore and I have nothing at stake. And I don't care if you call my character into question. I've played hundreds of games in multiple leagues and not just Madden ones. And seriously, I wasn't attacking you, I wasn't condemning your win, and I wasn't asking for a mulligan. I was just telling you because you did it twice now.

But anyway, I'll talk to FMT and see if BigJohnson is the next in line, hand him the team, and I'll never set foot in this thread again.

And I was just telling you that you could've done it via PM instead of trying to put me on blast in here making it seem like I cheesed you to win or w/e, and it did sound like you were attacking me.

But anyways, what's done is done. Sounds like you have some problems with the game/league? I don't even know where the need to throw in your "hundreds of Madden games and multiple leagues" even comes into our conversation?

I wasn't attacking your character, but if I feel like you comin' at me a certain way I'm going to respond and not just sit here.

angelmichealpopcorn.gif

dskillzhtown said:
I thought you may have been hesitant to use SJax because of the fumbles right before the half. I know I took out my starter when he got a little tired because I was scared he would fumble again, then my back up fumbled!!!!

Luckily those two fumbles were reversed. I was hesitant to use him in the second half because up to that point, I had been unable to stop you so chewing up clock while you continue to score wasn't really an option at that point.

Edit:

Smokey
GROWN-ASS MAN
(Today, 07:17 PM)

:lol

Fifty

I was going to say that this thread has become more entertaining than ever (reading "scrimmage?" is boring!) but then Rors snapped. Yes, Smokey runs a lot of PA. More than anyone else I've played. But Rors..don't go loco. You remind me of myself, and that's not a good thing.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'd love to see a American football player that carries himself with even have as much style. (Please don't post pics of overmuscled or fat NFLers.)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Guys I'm honestly starting to think I might have to quit the league for health reasons. I take a medicine that lowers my immune system and for some reason I keep getting sick, I've been on this medication for over 7 years and have never had this issue.

I'm really sick right now with what feels like the flu and I can't take common over the counter meds to help me.

I just don't know what to do. I don't want to hold the league up, I don't want people to have to play sim games against the Texans and I know BigJonsson wants to play in the league based on his posts.

Fuck :(

Mrbob

What the hell, two people have threatened to quit this league before I have (three if we count matrix but he has legitimate reason beyond rage quit!)! Lay off guys!

BigAT

Did everyone start up their menstrual cycles yesterday or something? Jesus, what has happened in the last 24 hours?

AirBrian

BigAT said:
Did everyone start up their menstrual cycles yesterday or something? Jesus, what has happened in the last 24 hours?
It's after NFL Week 1 where people realize that their team is in fact not going to win the Super Bowl after all!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
You'll be getting my "A" game guaran-damn-teed, you've been talking waaaayy too much smack to be ignored or overlooked!
Cut him some slack. This is the first time that he has controlled the skins and they are still relevant in week 8.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Cut him some slack. This is the first time that he has controlled the skins and they are still relevant in week 8.

We'll see if you're still talking shit when I'm in the playoffs and you're not. :D

Top Bottom