• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix said:
Guys I'm honestly starting to think I might have to quit the league for health reasons. I take a medicine that lowers my immune system and for some reason I keep getting sick, I've been on this medication for over 7 years and have never had this issue.

I'm really sick right now with what feels like the flu and I can't take common over the counter meds to help me.

I just don't know what to do. I don't want to hold the league up, I don't want people to have to play sim games against the Texans and I know BigJonsson wants to play in the league based on his posts.

Fuck :(

:( hope shit gets better

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Guys I'm honestly starting to think I might have to quit the league for health reasons. I take a medicine that lowers my immune system and for some reason I keep getting sick, I've been on this medication for over 7 years and have never had this issue.

I'm really sick right now with what feels like the flu and I can't take common over the counter meds to help me.

I just don't know what to do. I don't want to hold the league up, I don't want people to have to play sim games against the Texans and I know BigJonsson wants to play in the league based on his posts.

Fuck :(
Hope things get better for you. Of course no one would want you to keep playing if you feel bad. If you think it's for the best, then just say the word. No one will fault you and you have BigJohnson lined up behind you.

Again, best of luck. I hope you get well.

You stole my replacement! >:|

AirBrian said:
Hey, Cutler can only improve from here! Things are looking up!
Things can definitely get worse... he's facing the Steelers next! If you thought there was pressure week 1...oh boy.

Striker

Damn, Matrix, hope you feel better soon. :\

I've been feeling sick lately myself, but it seems like your case is more severe. Sorry to hear the news. Again, hope you're able to pull through. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've never had a loss where the guy had to do as little as Cold did. Only one sustained drive, at the end of the game. Gift pick in the endzone, gift drop in the endzone by Smith making me kick an FG, gift TD on a KR right after I score, stopped at the one yard line with time expiring and no TOs left right at the half. Really just a fluke loss.

My D is ferocious all game except for the very end when I need a stop to get the ball back!

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I've never had a loss where the guy had to do as little as Cold did. Only one sustained drive, at the end of the game. Gift pick in the endzone, gift drop in the endzone by Smith making me kick an FG, gift TD on a KR right after I score, stopped at the one yard line with time expiring and no TOs left right at the half. Really just a fluke loss.

My D is ferocious all game except for the very end when I need a stop to get the ball back!

The NFC Beast giveth....and it taketh away.

Oh, and gg Smokey. I finally get 500 yds passing with Campbell.....at the price of 6 picks. :lol

Goddamn he sucks. I think I will have no problem meeting the mandatory player cuts this offseason. Time to rebuild this shit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just win baby!

You didnt mention the beautiful pass to westbrook that should have been a TD that he dropped. Sloppy defensive effort but ill take it. Didnt turn the ball over, spread the ball around, and did enough on the ground on that last drive to kill the clock

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Just win baby!

You didnt mention the beautiful pass to westbrook that should have been a TD that he dropped. Sloppy defensive effort but ill take it. Didnt turn the ball over, spread the ball around, and did enough on the ground on that last drive to kill the clock
Ah yes, you know what I just remembered!!! Hixon fumbled the opening kickoff when I got hitsticked by an AI controlled guy. That is when I realized I was going to have to play against Cold and the game itself!

CB3

Wellington said:
Ah yes, you know what I just remembered!!! Hixon fumbled the opening kickoff when I got hitsticked by an AI controlled guy. That is when I realized I was going to have to play against Cold and the game itself!

which turned into 0 points :lol i didnt score so its a moot point. its not like i got all the breaks. Sheldon drops that clean pick 6 in the 4th

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
which turned into 0 points :lol i didnt score so its a moot point. its not like i got all the breaks. Sheldon drops that clean pick 6 in the 4th
AAAAAND I lost Bradshaw! Abdominal tear!

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CB3

Wellington said:
AAAAAND I lost Bradshaw! Abdominal tear!

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you said you were glad i got Dawkins back :lol

Smokey

LiveWire said:
The NFC Beast giveth....and it taketh away.

Oh, and gg Smokey. I finally get 500 yds passing with Campbell.....at the price of 6 picks. :lol

Goddamn he sucks. I think I will have no problem meeting the mandatory player cuts this offseason. Time to rebuild this shit.

yeah i saw that. 500ish yards and 6 picks i just said "wow" :lol

getting better at manually picking off passes, but i still got burned a few times trying to do it, or trying to do a big hit when I really didn't need to.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i talked to him about it and time will tell. i'm hoping so :/

I'm searching for the words to make you realize
That I really, really want you to stay, oh
Tears of frustration I hold inside
But if you walk away
You'll make this grown man cry

Don't leave
Don't leave me girl, no, no
Please stay with me tonight
Don't leave me girl, yeah, ohoho, yeaheah
Please stay with me tonight

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Don't get me wrong, the franchise is awesome as hell but there are still a few things that are bothering me. Does anyone have an answer to any of the following:

1) When are we going to be allowed to start scouting college kids? I know, I know, I am one of the lucky few that has a team that doesn't have very many holes but there are 2-3 spots I would like to solidify via draft.

2) Still unclear on player progression. For example, my receivers, what's going to happen with them? Last night in my game with cold it became very clear that i need that #1 guy, or at least someone to step up. Look at their stats:

Steve Smith - 3rd year pro - 30 receptions - 2 TDs - 363 yards
Domenik Hixon - 4th year pro - 18 receptions - 4 TDs - 301 yards
Hakeem Nicks - Rookie - 24 receptions - 4 TDs - 413 yards

Those aren't stellar numbers, but for guys that young they are pretty solid. What kind of progression should I expect? I am debating several things after last nights game for the off-season (Sign or trade for a WR). Conversely, are they going to jump up highly in ratings based on these number alone? Should I play my other guys a little more to compensate and give them boosts as well?

3) How are retirements handled? Does the guy just up and quit or do I get a chance to talk him into staying? Definitely going to lose my punter if they just quit.

Main thing for me is - did I make a mistake by not trading raw talent away to win now? Is it the right move to try and build a solid team over the course of a couple of years?

Actually, are we all still going to be playing this for seasons 2+ :lol

Wellington said:
Don't get me wrong, the franchise is awesome as hell but there are still a few things that are bothering me. Does anyone have an answer to any of the following:

1) When are we going to be allowed to start scouting college kids? I know, I know, I am one of the lucky few that has a team that doesn't have very many holes but there are 2-3 spots I would like to solidify via draft.

There isn't any scouting in online franchise.

BigAT

Wellington said:
My only reaction to this is: @_@

Maybe I am expecting too much? Isn't scouting available in some form in NCAA?

It's available in the exact same form as it is in offline dynasty. WHAT AN INSANE CONCEPT!

So how does the draft work then, we just take a random player at a position of need and hope he's kind of good maybe possibly?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
It's available in the exact same form as it is in offline dynasty. WHAT AN INSANE CONCEPT!

So how does the draft work then, we just take a random player at a position of need and hope he's kind of good maybe possibly?
Sorry dude, I can honestly say I've never been big on playing the AI. Heck I bought Madden 96, then the next one I got was '04 for the online GAF league.

BigAT

Wellington said:
Sorry dude, I can honestly say I've never been big on playing the AI. Heck I bought Madden 96, then the next one I got was '04 for the online GAF league.

I'm not saying you should be playing offline, I'm saying it's a failure on the part of the Madden team to not have this feature (among many others) implemented into the online franchises when even NCAA '09 had it.

Fifty

:lol Yeah, I guess it's kind of cheating. But he's asking these detailed questions that could, for the most part, be answered that way. You'll see that player progression isn't as massive as it is in real-life. and that players don't pull a Favre, but instead just retire quietly.

Fifty

w6uj9s.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thanks guys.

I dropped from the league so BigJonsson can take my place.

Hope the rest of the season goes well.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Thanks guys.

Get well, Smokey, you should take over the Texans :p

DCX

Smokey

Matrix said:
Thanks guys.

damn, hope everything works out for you and you get better.

are you sure you're not sick from that pathetic Texans showing against the Jets last Sunday? That would make anybody curl for almost a week :(.

Texans bros for life, hope you get better!

even if we go 4-12 this year :(

LJ11

Best of luck Matrix.

If BigJonsson is taking over, he's next on my schedule. Let me know what times work best for you.

LJ11 said:
Best of luck Matrix.

If BigJonsson is taking over, he's next on my schedule. Let me know what times work best for you.

Right now would work if I could get settled in the league

Or after 11 EST tonight, or saturday afternoon or any time on Sunday

Fifty

I think we're advancing on Saturday Night, FYI.

Glad to have you aboard, fellow Torontonian. Even if it came at the cost of Matrix's health.

Top Bottom