• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, PM'd him, checked online, hasn't been on in 8 hours. I'll sit online till he shows up I guess.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
PS: here's a completely meaningless stat to tide you guys over: Strength of Schedule! \o/

Code:
Chiefs		0.656
Dolphins	0.641
Panthers	0.640
Broncos		0.601
Lions		0.598
Patriots	0.579
Giants		0.570
Rams		0.562
Buccaneers	0.548
Vikings		0.531
Browns		0.528
Bengals		0.526
Seahawks	0.526
Raiders		0.494
Titans		0.493
Texans		0.492
Bears		0.491
49ers		0.486
Packers		0.484
Eagles		0.476
saints		0.454
Chargers	0.439
Steelers	0.438
Jets		0.428
Jaguars		0.400
Cardinals	0.390
Falcons		0.390
Ravens		0.390
Colts		0.388
Redskins	0.381
Cowboys		0.357
Bills		0.348

KNEW IT. I've maintained that I've had one of the toughest schedules out there. By the end of the year it will be the #1 toughest.

DCX said:
It's funny how the top teams are towards the bottom and the not so top are at the top... meh

DCX

Is that so?

Rorschach

CB3 said:
yeah but we advanced a day early last week. on the saturday.
We're playing on a fixed schedule. Advancing early doesn't move the date. Otherwise, people would call it unfair. Anyway, I'm just following the rules already set.

Lonestar: if Birdman gets his game in and pheeniks hasn't gotten back to you, contact me on AIM.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
damn FMT and his "no one hate me!" rules. next season i propose we move a little faster so we can actually get a couple of solid seasons under the belt. no point in online franchise if we wont finish one for months

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:
Fuck, I knew something had to be an explanation behind my fast start...looks like I'll be getting smashed by BigAT's Packers this week. FML! :(

eeyore.jpg

Birdman02

Just finished my game against the CPU Chiefs, and what a crazy game it was.

3 combined TDs in the first 30 seconds of the game, and then only 3-6 points until a 4th explosion for both teams.

bluemax

Banned
CB3 said:
Ok Firefight in ODST is the shit. that is all.

When they decide to sell it at the price it should be then I'll start caring. Until then I refuse to pay $60 for $20 worth of add on content and a game mode ripped off from GoW.

Astrolad you around? I'm gonna hop on and hit up practice mode while I await my GFs return. If you're around hit me up and we can get the game in.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bluemax said:
When they decide to sell it at the price it should be then I'll start caring. Until then I refuse to pay $60 for $20 worth of add on content and a game mode ripped off from GoW.

Astrolad you around? I'm gonna hop on and hit up practice mode while I await my GFs return. If you're around hit me up and we can get the game in.
hey man i'm gonna be done with this call in about 45m. you available at 8:30 your time? Or any time til 10?

Smokey

bluemax said:

o rlly

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
hey man i'm gonna be done with this call in about 45m. you available at 8:30 your time? Or any time til 10?

Probably. Depends upon when the woman gets home/dinner etc. I'll check back in when I can, otherwise she's out tomorrow night at 8 so any time after that should be okay.

CB3

Your next bob! i gotta redeem myself for my slow start to the season. Gates and LT should give me a good indication of what i have to face against bob

Smokey

CB3 said:
Your next bob! i gotta redeem myself for my slow start to the season. Gates and LT should give me a good indication of what i have to face against bob

Terrible game (on my end). I knew i should've waited to play the game later. I wasn't focused like I should've been with this fair coming up tomorrow. Not taking the points in the red zone was dumb. I was also 1/5 from the red zone. It was bad.

Oh well it happens.

GG, maybe you can use me as a springboard.

Smokey said:
terrible game (on my end). i knew i should've waited to play with this event and all coming up tomorrow i wasn't completely focused like i should've been. i think i realized that when i went for it on the 4th instead of taking the pts. not to mention 1/5 in the redzone. it was bad.

gg tho, maybe you can use me as a springboard.

Still top 3 in the league ol' pal? :lol

You fail for not taking care of NFC East business!

CB3

Smokey said:
terrible game (on my end). i knew i should've waited to play with this event and all coming up tomorrow i wasn't completely focused like i should've been. i think i realized that when i went for it on the 4th instead of taking the pts. not to mention 1/5 in the redzone. it was bad.

gg tho, maybe you can use me as a springboard.

i gotta admit your 3rd and 8 HB toss was kinda puzzling with like 4 minutes left in the game

Smokey

CB3 said:
i gotta admit your 3rd and 8 HB toss was kinda puzzling with like 4 minutes left in the game

yeah...i was just kind of out of it. i thought taking a break from preparing for my business fair and playing madden would help, but it really didn't.

You got the W though. one step closer to shutting shawna and his cowgirls up.

bluemax

Banned
Two things:

1. Since when did Larry Fitzgerald become a slot receiver? I understand it a few times over the course of a game, but every time you go 4 wide having Breaston and Fitz in the slot? If that isn't by default then WTF.

2. My batteries died on that last play. I shit you not. Why does the game not auto pause if your batteries die?

Also totally as an aside can someone clarify for me the 4th down rules? I'm sick of punting on 4th and short from the 40.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
:lol That's the best you could come up with?

Here's a little salt for your wound, pure 100% fact...

tmac2nd.jpg

I believe you are describing pheeknicks and his GAF 2k misfortunes.

I bet Tracy will eat you alive in 2K9 though, or Live for that matter.

And to your handle business point...I've handled mine so far this season which allowed me to lose and still be ok.

With that said, I can't wait until we dance shawna. First you'll have to change your avatar in our bet, and then I beat you in Madden? October will be great.

bluemax said:
Two things:

1. Since when did Larry Fitzgerald become a slot receiver? I understand it a few times over the course of a game, but every time you go 4 wide having Breaston and Fitz in the slot? If that isn't by default then WTF.

Also totally as an aside can someone clarify for me the 4th down rules? I'm sick of punting on 4th and short from the 40.

My Cowboys playbook has several offensive formations where my top 2 receivers are in the slot. You should setup your defense matchups pre-game to mitigate against that if you play zone a lot.

On 4th down rules, I don't think we have official rules yet this season. I'm just playing by gut and my best judgment relative to the situation and the person I'm playing against. Some folks don't mind 4th down attempts on reasonable situations, while other people will likely complain about it later. It's sorta the same deal about people getting pissed because of player celebrations on runaway touchdowns. I think it's cool, but others consider it an unpardonable breach of civility and sportsmanship.

CB3

there arent really any concrete rules. Use your own disgression. 4th and short from the 40 doesnt sound unreasonable

Smokey said:
I believe you are describing pheeknicks and his GAF 2k misfortunes.

I bet Tracy will eat you alive in 2K9 though, or Live for that matter.

And to your handle business point...I've handled mine so far this season which allowed me to lose and still be ok.

With that said, I can't wait until we dance shawna. First you'll have to change your avatar in our bet, and then I beat you in Madden? October will be great.

After seeing that 2K10 footage on IGN, I feel more confident about our bet than ever.

About our game, we'll see what happens. Anything can take place in the course of 4 game weeks, so I'm just hoping I have all my key players injury-free. If that happens, I like my chances in Cowboys Stadium in Week 14. You won't wanna let me score on big plays...I will do my high-steppin and goofy TD dives towards the pylons! :D

CB3

AstroLad said:
oh also, ouch:

sv0xef.jpg

is that the first big season-ending injury this season?

Ramirez lost Santonio Holmes in like week 2

FMT was gonna lose frank gore for the year till he pulled the plug on his game

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
After seeing that 2K10 footage on IGN, I feel more confident about our bet than ever.

About our game, we'll see what happens. Anything can take place in the course of 4 game weeks, so I'm just hoping I have all my key players injury-free. If that happens, I like my chances in Cowboys Stadium in Week 14. You won't wanna let me score on big plays...I will do my high-steppin and goofy TD dives towards the pylons! :D

Depending on what type of play it is I'll probably laugh with you and give you a round of applause, and get refocused to return the favor when I get on offense. I figured you'd do something like that anyway. All those times of frustration when you couldn't beat me in 2K probably has you itching to destory me in Madden. But I will not back down.

:D

Smokey said:
Depending on what type of play it is I'll probably laugh with you and give you a round of applause, and get refocused to return the favor when I get on offense. I figured you'd do something like that anyway. All those times of frustration when you couldn't beat me in 2K probably has you itching to destory me in Madden. But I will not back down.

:D

2K is a fundamentally flawed game engineered to test one's ability to exploit and cheese on extraordinary levels. Congratulations on being the champion of that fledging series.

This right here is a whole other story homes...

Top Bottom