• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zep

Banned
happened to me and CB last night...He was within two(had to kick an onsides) but it disconnected on us...Terrible.

LJ11

I have to say Rors, your DT play is awesome. Spires was in my face all game, and if wasn't him your end was coming around smacking me in the mouth.

Are we going to play with injuries on? I think they're way too frequent, just like last year.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I have to say Rors, your DT play is awesome. Spires was in my face all game, and if wasn't him your end was coming around smacking me in the mouth.
Thanks. :D Switching between DT and Safety this year.

Are we going to play with injuries on? I think they're way too frequent, just like last year.
Heh...no JRuss for me. Had to use AWalt, but somehow I play better with him. Lost Fargas and Howard for the whole game.

Dunno if that's because of the snow or what.

lulz ea servers down

LiveWire

While EA fixes their shit you should all be playing Bionic Commando.

If only to help me figure out how the fuck to beat the first level, holy shit this is WAY harder than the original o_O

Rorschach

Guys: when you review plays, press x real quick. Reviewing and watching = disconnect. Don't even let the review come up. I thought it was a myth, but I've seen the light!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dude what the fuck EA! the game always fucking disconnects before you can finish.

i just had a great game going with shawn, 1 minute left and he was about to kick the typing XP (to tie it at 10), then connection lost.

this is probably the 3rd time this has happened with a minute or less remaining in the game, and it's also probably the 7th time ive had a disconnect due to EA's service!

league can't start until they get this shit fixed! can you imagine if that was a league game and i win 10-9 because of that bullcrap?

Yeah really lame!!

This has happened to me about the 7th time since I got the game. EA can't have that next patch up soon enough! :mad:

Rorschach

When is the patch? No way we can have leagues like this. Haven't been able to complete a game the last 4 times I've tried. Why was it fine the first day? And what was the down time about? :\

Rorschach

Hrm...zep and I managed to finish a game (GG Zep!). Maybe it's a server stress thing (it is pretty late right now)? :\

Man, my guys fumble like crazy. :\

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I can't win anymore,cant run,cant complete passes and my D is crap....Hell I can't even beat crappy players that cheese me like I used to.

I'm so close to letting Mig use the Texans and I will retire forever.

I think age has finally caught up to me or something *weeps*

Ramirez

Matrix said:
I can't win anymore,cant run,cant complete passes and my D is crap....Hell I can't even beat crappy players that cheese me like I used to.

Hey I'm pretty sucky too and I have an awesome team, it's ok friend.

I don't suppose anyone is up for a game?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll play you Ram and then you will see the REAL suck.

I'm going on now,you can host.

Rorschach

Zep said:
5min 3rd quarter...

Mind is blown...Cannot believe I let that happen.
The Miller TD? When I saw that guy move out of the way, I was like "Freebie!" :lol

It's Miller time. :3

Very nice user picks, btw. Hat's off to you.

Matrix said:

Bah. You just have to get used to it. All of you do! I'm getting used to the running and I stunk the place up just yesterday. Game has only been out a couple of days. :lol

You guys need to chill out, play a few games, check out practice mode, and get used to the new style because that's what we're getting this year. I bitched about it in the beginning, but hey: it's not going anywhere and my outrage isn't gonna change the game, so I might as well find new ways to play.

I STILL haven't seen this magical, unstoppable passing game people keep talking about. Sure, the CB/LBs are tards sometimes, but you can definitely stop the pass. Guess I need to play Wellie and FMT to see what they are talking about.

Ramirez

Matrix said:
I'll play you Ram and then you will see the REAL suck.

I'm going on now,you can host.

OMW!

Yea, Rors stopped my passing game pretty well today, I made 3 pretty stupid passes for picks. His pressure was pretty insane, and the game I played with Luke yesterday had insane pass rushing as well, gonna be a long year for me I think when it comes to pass protection. :lol

Matrix

I cant believe I lost that shit....I HATE SNOW CAUSE OF THE ABSURD MUD/Dirt...whatever...I might need glasses.I couldn't tell that was your f-ing player who was open.Then again it was just an all around brain fart and shitty D play I called.

And I swear every game I play either my QB or HB gets hurts.I was doing so good with Matt and then bam lose him for the whole 4th and I couldn't do shit with Sage.

God damn :(

All I want for Xmas this year is one W in Madden 09.

I don't want to chill Rors,venting keeps me from breaking my copy.

Ramirez

Yea, I shouldn't have won that, that 1st half was embarrassing, 6 total yards. -_- I think if you had of stayed aggressive in your playcalling you would have beat me, though I understand why you were calling it the way you were. I couldn't run for shit, and there were several times when it felt like I was under pressure immediately on the pass. :(

But when Heath says throw me the damn ball, you get it to him! Honestly the only reason I saw him was because he called for it with the wave. :lol

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/194065

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
The Miller TD? When I saw that guy move out of the way, I was like "Freebie!" :lol

It's Miller time. :3

Very nice user picks, btw. Hat's off to you.

Bah. You just have to get used to it. All of you do! I'm getting used to the running and I stunk the place up just yesterday. Game has only been out a couple of days. :lol

You guys need to chill out, play a few games, check out practice mode, and get used to the new style because that's what we're getting this year. I bitched about it in the beginning, but hey: it's not going anywhere and my outrage isn't gonna change the game, so I might as well find new ways to play.

I STILL haven't seen this magical, unstoppable passing game people keep talking about. Sure, the CB/LBs are tards sometimes, but you can definitely stop the pass. Guess I need to play Wellie and FMT to see what they are talking about.

I've been in practice mode for a while this morning and a long time last night, I've had a bit more success but the issue I have is that I think the blocking is worse than ever. My oline on the right side has Chris Snee (an icon run blocker) and Kareem McKenzie (an icon pass blocker). A lot of times I see them either jump to the second level or not engaged at all. For example, my TE Boss will pick up the block on the LE, the LOLB will either knife right through while McKenzie runs to the spot that he used to be, or run right around him.

Further, I've noticed that on outside runs the success of the play is almost entirely dependent on whether or not the FB can pick up that first defender. I would I could upload video from practice of 88 rated, with 80 AWR FB flat out running towards the oncoming LB only to turn at the last instant. That is my main problem, the guys follow the diagrammed play, but a lot of times just do not engage. I'm running right behind them, and I get absolutely pegged.

I practiced on all madden all night and then switched to all pro. I am breaking some long ones, and am getting stuffed, which is to be expected. I am anxious to try against a real opponent, I doubt the success will translate.

Matrix

Lets play Dm! Free W for joo

Rorschach

I'll play if anyone is still up lolz

Wellington said:
I've been in practice mode for a while this morning and a long time last night, I've had a bit more success but the issue I have is that I think the blocking is worse than ever. My oline on the right side has Chris Snee (an icon run blocker) and Kareem McKenzie (an icon pass blocker). A lot of times I see them either jump to the second level or not engaged at all. For example, my TE Boss will pick up the block on the LE, the LOLB will either knife right through while McKenzie runs to the spot that he used to be, or run right around him.

Further, I've noticed that on outside runs the success of the play is almost entirely dependent on whether or not the FB can pick up that first defender. I would I could upload video from practice of 88 rated, with 80 AWR FB flat out running towards the oncoming LB only to turn at the last instant. That is my main problem, the guys follow the diagrammed play, but a lot of times just do not engage. I'm running right behind them, and I get absolutely pegged.

I practiced on all madden all night and then switched to all pro. I am breaking some long ones, and am getting stuffed, which is to be expected. I am anxious to try against a real opponent, I doubt the success will translate.
I've come to learn not to depend on my fb as much, unfortunately. I wish I could just follow him like I used to, but most of the time, he'll get shed. Fuck the FB and hit whatever hole you see asap. I'll play you tomorrow if you're around.

DMczaf said:
That pass was intended for Curry (the guy just standing there) yet it goes off to the side and just floats... downgrade total :(

Matrix

If Dm doesnt respond in 5 mins Rors,you cant beat me then.

Matrix

Ok,Rors challenge sent :(

Matrix

Did rors pass out with the controller in his hand?

Anyone else want to play?

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Did rors pass out with the controller in his hand?

Anyone else want to play?
Sent you some psn messages :p When I went in, the room was empty...happened with me and Ram earlier today...

Guess it won't work this time.

Wellington said:
Still up? Dude it's time to go to work!
:lol Lost track of time. Anyway, if you're around later, I'll play.

Maybe this was fate's way of telling me to get to bed!

Matrix

You try sending the game invite.

I cant get my friends list to load on the XMB :\

:lol send again rors :lol whoops

Matrix

:lol

That was my bad,now I think I do need glasses

Rorschach

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

My first overtime game! Fuck you EA!

Sorry, Matrix...swear it wasn't me :(

[edit] btw-

How is 09 doing so far? Disconnects are happening frequently (late game field goals seem to be the biggest culprit) and PS3 users are having their games freeze when they attempt to enter lobby rooms. Both of these issues are serious enough to really damage any enjoyment to be had with online. While the games have been relatively lag free they don’t seem to be quite as responsive as NCAA 09 and have an overriding sluggish feeling.

Guess I'm off to bed. What a downer.

Matrix

I know it wasn't you,holy shit though I'm beyond pissed.If I had known about kicking disconnects I would have just said fuck it and gone for two.

That was a great game and I actually played decent.Slowly getting better,at least you didn't run all over me this game.

Fifty

Matrix, did you move out of the eastern time zone? Or did you really just stay up all night playing this game you supposedly despise.

Miguel

Fifty said:
Matrix, did you move out of the eastern time zone? Or did you really just stay up all night playing this game you supposedly despise.
Matrix likes to ruin his life.

Texans fan.
Rockets fan.
Astros fan.
Xbox 360 fan of death.

Matrix

What Mig said.

I have no work today and figured I would try my hand at getting better at the game.I think it's working some.I lost to Ram 21-17,though I should have won and chocked like the Houston fan that I am.My game with Rors should have gone into OT 17-17,but EA likes to fuck with good people.

And to top it off,my PS3 froze after the game with Rors and I reset it and got a message that my HDD had to be rebuilt,that scared the shit out of me.Thankfully nothing happened when I pressed ok and all seems well *knocks on wood*

GQman2121

Banned
I've had the last two people I played online pull their cord on me. When I go to finish the game against the cpu and it says I've disconnected from the EA server and that nothing played will count towards either of our records.

Is that really the online model they want to use? What's to stop someone from pulling every time they're down late in games?

GQman2121

Banned
Matrix said:
And to top it off,my PS3 froze after the game with Rors and I reset it and got a message that my HDD had to be rebuilt,that scared the shit out of me.Thankfully nothing happened when I pressed ok and all seems well *knocks on wood*

Yeah, this game has locked my system up more times than I can count on one hand. And their odd lock up too; the last one froze the screen, but I could still hear the game playing normally in the background.

LiveWire

GQman2121 said:
Yeah, this game has locked my system up more times than I can count on one hand. And their odd lock up too; the last one froze the screen, but I could still hear the game playing normally in the background.

And yet you and I had a perfect game? Is it based on connection speed or location, or were we just lucky? Are you on the East Coast too?

GQman2121

Banned
LiveWire said:
And yet you and I had a perfect game? Is it based on connection speed or location, or were we just lucky? Are you on the East Coast too?

Yep, I'm in Baltimore. The disconnects seem pretty random no matter the location.

LiveWire

GQman2121 said:
Yep, I'm in Baltimore. The disconnects seem pretty random no matter the location.

Ah, ok, so that's why you picked the Ravens. I thought you might be just a fan of shitty teams or something. :p

GQman2121

Banned
LiveWire said:
Ah, ok, so that's why you picked the Ravens. I thought you might be just a fan of shitty teams or something. :p

Flag on the play! I did score both times I had the ball. :p

I do have to work on getting stops on 3rd down though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Nah he's not like you.

I am looking to get some games in to practice when I get home at around 6:30. You boys better get the beatings in now, because when I get good at this, the buttrapings will commence.

Matrix

Jesus I lost another close game 25-22 against some random guy using the Chargers :( Each game I get better moving the ball and then I get like a random fumble that f's me over or a player who is hot gets hurt.I also lost this game on a last second fg and no disconnection occurred *figures my luck :p * Seems random *shrug*

6 game losing streak,I haven't tasted a W yet.

LJ11

One thing I've noticed with the running game is blitzing causes havoc on the offensive side of the ball. Defenders break through, oline get confused on who to pick up.

Was running with the Packer playbook last night, and stretch runs were a cinch. Then the D started blitzing and my run game was shot.

I tend to run out of two back sets, and pass out of 3 WR sets. I'm very predictable at times, but when I made it a point to mix it up and pass on running downs and run on passing downs I was busting off 4-6 yard gains.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Nah he's not like you.

I am looking to get some games in to practice when I get home at around 6:30. You boys better get the beatings in now, because when I get good at this, the buttrapings will commence.

Pfft. It's my time now bitches! I've got this game mastered. NFC East is mine, mine, mine. :D

Top Bottom