• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 12 Thread: Welcome Playstation 3 Overlords!

Where do you want this league to be run?

Results are only viewable after voting.

bluemax

Banned
Should finally get my copy today, Gamefly supposedly shipped it on Monday but they might've jumped the gun on the email before they had copies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I finally got my first win :eek: Up 19-0 in the 3rd and the fucker quit on me,cpu on all pro = :lol Won 36-0.

I think I should sleep now :|

edit- whooo 2 game win streak :eek:

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm on a ton of caffeine,but honestly I'm trying to stay up as long as I can so I can start going to sleep at normal hours.

It's worked in the past for me.

LJ11

How do you switch hands? Last year you just hit the stiff arm button and the ball carrier switched, not the case this year. I've fumbled a few times, all preventable if I knew how to switch hands.

Rorschach

Just got home and my cables were in my mailbox! Earlier than I expected. Now I can play with sound!

LJ11 said:
How do you switch hands? Last year you just hit the stiff arm button and the ball carrier switched, not the case this year. I've fumbled a few times, all preventable if I knew how to switch hands.
Was trying to figure that out as well. It seems random. I tried pushing the directional stick while stiff arming, but it didn't work. Nothing dumber than stiff-arming the air on the sideline instead of the guy coming at you.

Miguel

050121_devil_hmed_7a.hmedium.jpg

You should call your cat taco meat.

Rorschach

Miguel said:
You should call your cat taco meat.
:lol

I was using my old PS2 cables and couldn't get sound. I could have used the shitty composite ones, but that would mean no widescreen or hd! HD > sound!

Now that they are here, I can play MGS4!

Rorschach

..why would my QB run forward, beyond the line of scrimmage, on a passing play before the snap? I can understand an offensive or defensive lineman, but how the hell does a QB false start like that?

DenogginizerOS said:
Is there any news on the patch and fixing these disconnect issues?
Nothing on the disconnects that I've heard of, but they did address the lobby issue.

Managed to complete a game against fifty today. Was a little laggy at some points, though.

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dude what the fuck EA! the game always fucking disconnects before you can finish.

i just had a great game going with shawn, 1 minute left and he was about to kick the typing XP (to tie it at 10), then connection lost.

this is probably the 3rd time this has happened with a minute or less remaining in the game, and it's also probably the 7th time ive had a disconnect due to EA's service!

league can't start until they get this shit fixed! can you imagine if that was a league game and i win 10-9 because of that bullcrap?

Same thing in the 360 version. It happened to me twice tonight, both on game-tying FGs in the 4th quarter. :mad:

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This online system is garbage. I can't even get a random game online right now. No one excepts invites. And I can't believe how clunking it feels.

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
Same thing in the 360 version. It happened to me twice tonight, both on game-tying FGs in the 4th quarter. :mad:
It's said to happen more often during late game field goals.

DenogginizerOS said:
EA should fire whoever does their netcode. All these disconnects have got to be fixed SOON.
Last year had similar problems, so this year they hired a bigger team to work on the network and took some precautionary measures pre-release to assure it wouldn't happen this year. So far, they've failed even harder than last year. At least last year it mostly affected router users. This year it's everyone. 07 had a horrible netcode (especially for long distance players) until it was patched late in the year. Let's hope it doesn't take them that long. >:|

bluemax

Banned
Yikes, I threw 6 picks in my first game. I'm not cut out for this all madden shit!

Seriously I had one good drive, what an embarrassment. Hopefully won't be working too late tomorrow so if the GF lets me I want to get some practice in.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
Yikes, I threw 6 picks in my first game. I'm not cut out for this all madden shit!

Seriously I had one good drive, what an embarrassment. Hopefully won't be working too late tomorrow so if the GF lets me I want to get some practice in.

igygyg.jpg

Slo

bluemax said:

I'll distract your GF while you work on that air game. Get your priorities straight.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Malleymal said:
if anyone is on let me know... I want to get an actual online game in

oh and to add to wellie

ball-n-chain-guy_rubberball.jpg
We should get started on our annual 100 or so games. :lol

Just like Mig, I got home last night and passed out while watching TV. I woke up and it was 1:30 AM so I just went back to sleep. I am looking for some games tonight!

Matrix

Well the fg boot problem at the end of a game still isn't fixed...fucking BS

It's so random too.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Matrix said:
Well the fg boot problem at the end of a game still isn't fixed...fucking BS

It's so random too.
This is very disconcerting to me. It is on both systems and I have yet to see or hear about EA working on it specifically.

Matrix

DenogginizerOS said:
This is very disconcerting to me. It is on both systems and I have yet to see or hear about EA working on it specifically.

Yep and we really cant start the league to this problem is fixed,it's a big one :(

Mrbob

I've been so busy the last week I have only had time to get one half of madden in so far.

From reading all the reports this might be a good thing. Fix your broken shit, EA! Another year another failure from tiburon, wooo! Glad I spent my 60 bucks again on a broken product.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
I've been so busy the last week I have only had time to get one half of madden in so far.

From reading all the reports this might be a good thing. Fix your broken shit, EA! Another year another failure from tiburon, wooo! Glad I spent my 60 bucks again on a broken product.
Wow it's not even sweeps yet.

Top Bottom