• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA 2K7 League Thread...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
No one cares about the Spurs!

well CB might,but I thought you could win with what you had Jobs?

I can win but.......I like to have a backup plan just in case. I'm trying to set a rotation but the CPU keeps subbing in Eric Williams over Brent and putting Bowen at PF -_-

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You know you want some
1042.jpg
Jobber!

Lampe can be your backup PF.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
pheeniks said:
Didn't our league make it a rule to not be able to shake the home team's screen during FT?

I dont think its a huge deal, honestly.

My whole team has such different release points, its horrible. Nenad seems to be the only one i can hit on a regular basis

god damn the suns are ****ing dirty. but that is how they are in real life too.

p.s. shawn when you are up by 30 you don't need to throw the ball to half court everytime and play hectic basketball -_-

ColdBlooded33 said:
I dont think its a huge deal, honestly.

My whole team has such different release points, its horrible. Nenad seems to be the only one i can hit on a regular basis

It's really not, but it is irritating.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
following players are looking for a new home....

0835.jpg

1279.jpg

0031.jpg

1042.jpg

0968.jpg

0064.jpg

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
gg pheeniks but you're not using WADE ENOUGH

14 points for D.Wade is unacceptable

penetrate the lane, draw some contact, etc. etc.

Cerrius, get back here. That was BS. We're rematching :lol

Some of those Walker shots were WTF. He would never make those.

strikeselect

pheeniks said:
Cerrius, get back here. That was BS. We're rematching :lol

Some of those Walker shots were WTF. He would never make those.

maybe tomorrow, I gotta get some sleep

KG and TOINE FTW :D

(Im so glad I got rid of that deadbeat ricky davis, can't stand him)

You went to like a half court or full court press and I was just exposing the weakness of that defense. How did I play hectic basketball? I was up by alot so I just started killing time and racking up assists with Nash. I mean that was in part why you totally outscored me in the fourth. If by dirty you mean having the inside and outside game working together then I agree. That is why I hate 8 min quarters, if there is a blowout we have to keep on playing...

Dont let this affect my Madden ranking buddy!! I can also talk a little more indepth about the HDTV stuff you were wondering about. Ciao!!

Cloudy

Banned
pheeniks said:
Didn't our league make it a rule to not be able to shake the home team's screen during FT?

I didn't state it explicitly but I guess I'll do it now. No screen rumbling period. It's lame....

You went to like a half court or full court press and I was just exposing the weakness of that defense. How did I play hectic basketball? I was up by alot so I just started killing time and racking up assists with Nash. I mean that was in part why you totally outscored me in the fourth.If by dirty you mean having the iside and outside game working together I agree. That is why I hate 8 min quarters, if there is a blowout we have to keep on playing...

how were you "killing time" when you were shooting the ball with 20 seconds left on the shot clock? :lol

also you played full court press (with nash) the entire game going for random steals. to be honest with you after mid 2nd quarter i just started playing arcade ball as well so i can't really say too much. just glad i don't have to face the suns again for a while. i'm more of a half court player, that type of game is no fun to me

p.s. truthfully i just think you wanted to rack up some garbage time stats, but whatever

French said:
how were you "killing time" when you were shooting the ball with 20 seconds left on the shot clock?

also you played full court press (with nash) the entire game going for random steals. to be honest with you after mid 2nd quarter i just started playing arcade ball as well so i can't really say too much. just glad i don't have to face the suns again for a while. i'm more of a half court player, that type of game is no fun to me

p.s. truthfully i just think you wanted to rack up some garbage time stats, but whatever

I know what style of game you like to play, so I did what I needed to to get you out your comfort zone. I played press with Nash only, I wasnt going to let you just walk up the court with the ball in the hand of your best player. Maybe "killing time" was the wrong word, more like wasting time as the clock never stops except on fouls and timeouts.

I know you were looking forward to redemption from the last game, but you'll have to wait a little bit longer for it!! :D

baron davis my best player? :lol

bitch missed open shot after open shot. only o'bryant and richardson showed up!

p.s. why aren't the stats uploading to the site anymore? this is the 2nd straight games where i have no player stats :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
No one cares about the Spurs!

well CB might,but I thought you could win with what you had Jobs?

CB...my team is garbage besides Yao and T-mac.Alston I chuck up far too many shots to get his points.Shane is all D and no O...my bench is sad as hell.

I dont have Bonzi,I dont have any of my rookies or other free agent pickups.God knows when VC will give a roster update.

edit- But I dont need your PF,I'll find another player.Someone will want some Head and Boobs.

I vote we get the Kings owner to give you Wells.

One thing I think is very irritating and it cheesy is if the defending team is running around the inbound pass reciever like a chicken with it's head cut off mashing away on the steal button. That is total cheese cause there is no momentum when you are doing that and you can just hold turbo and run around. And the inbounds pass doesn't get thrown fast enough to offset this tactic.
If any of you are doing this on a continual basis then clean that up. It's not sim and it's not fun.

Cloudy

Banned
p.s. why aren't the stats uploading to the site anymore? this is the 2nd straight games where i have no player stats :(

2k support says they're working on it but to be content with xbl stats for now

FMT, how was my trade offer? If you don't like it, we can rework around. I'd like Richardson though...and one of my PG is tradable.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Truelize said:
One thing I think is very irritating and it cheesy is if the defending team is running around the inbound pass reciever like a chicken with it's head cut off mashing away on the steal button. That is total cheese cause there is no momentum when you are doing that and you can just hold turbo and run around. And the inbounds pass doesn't get thrown fast enough to offset this tactic.
If any of you are doing this on a continual basis then clean that up. It's not sim and it's not fun.

yea, but if you're smart enough, you can beat the defender up the court and get an open shot when the help comes. I don't run around like that, but I do cover the PG from the inbound to the half court line. If you get past Parker, you can run up the court playing 5 on 4.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
jobber said:
yea, but if you're smart enough, you can beat the defender up the court and get an open shot when the help comes. I don't run around like that, but I do cover the PG from the inbound to the half court line. If you get past Parker, you can run up the court playing 5 on 4.

Yeah you play defense. I'm talking about how some people will just run the defender around the recieving player mashing away on the steal button, and when the ball is passed they react like they have spidey sense and leap towards the ball and tip it away. The game will let you do this regardless of which direction you are facing if you are the defender.
The whole thing with basketball is that the game is very deep and if you know what you are doing you can play an extremely realistic game. But if you just do the arcadie things the level of fun can drop drastically.

Fifty

Dsal, I'm able to play this afternoon until 5 PM eastern since it's a holiday here, or anytime past 11 eastern tonight.

I really hope the stats start working on the site. How were you able to get week one's up, but not the rest, Konex? I hear they're still on XBL, but it's so much easier to view the site, especially since it has features like the Player Spotlight.

If I fall to 0-3 and lose to Dsal by more than 10 points, I'm going to start shopping Shawn Marion.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Dsal, I'm able to play this afternoon until 5 PM eastern since it's a holiday here, or anytime past 11 eastern tonight.

I really hope the stats start working on the site. How were you able to get week one's up, but not the rest, Konex? I hear they're still on XBL, but it's so much easier to view the site, especially since it has features like the Player Spotlight.

If I fall to 0-3 and lose to Dsal by more than 10 points, I'm going to start shopping Shawn Marion.

I think tech support is working on something (leagues that did a fantasy draft were having some issues), so it's likely they shut the stats down for a bit so they can get that fixed.

And Marion isn't moving again. His contract restricts him from being traded for 3 months.
Hey! It's a sim league. :D

Fifty

We only said you had to play sim! My GM is on the verge of a nervous breakdown!

colangelo_phones_040630.jpg

"Ok, so you're offering me two large pizzas for Shawn Marion, is that correct? What an insult!... Make them extra larges and you've got a deal!"

Matrix

pheeniks said:
Matrix...won't be available till 8 PM CT tonight.

Thats cool,I'll be around here starting at 9 pm eastern.

I can play anytime tonight past then.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
We only said you had to play sim! My GM is on the verge of a nervous breakdown!

colangelo_phones_040630.jpg

"Ok, so you're offering me two large pizzas for Shawn Marion, is that correct? What an insult!... Make them extra larges and you've got a deal!"

Someone needs to photoshop a third arm in there for him. :lol.

strikeselect

jobber said:

You don't run around for the steal but you sure do swipe like a madman at the inbound pass :lol

that shit last night was cheese IMO

when you started doing that, I started doing fullcourt passes

suck on it :)

(I really hope you don't try that inbound steal bullshit in our real league game)

bluemax

Banned
Konex can you post the league sliders or is there a way I can look them up? I'd like to practice offline with them because I think my shooting timing is way off right now.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Ok whoever has me (if the new game opened) I can play now but work from 5-10pm CST.

Cloudy

Banned
bluemax said:
Konex can you post the league sliders or is there a way I can look them up? I'd like to practice offline with them because I think my shooting timing is way off right now.

Leagues - > league desk - > view settings or something like that...

Fifty

This game makes me so furious sometimes. I've got to stay calm after suffering bad breaks or making bad decisions. I swear..I'm no good at this.

I'm doing well..keeping it close, but after a bricked 3 or a couple of post shots missed, or a rebound lost when my guys are standing around like statues, I go back to my favorite playstyle of just running the ball, and I either make another bad decision or have another bad break and all of sudden the game is looking out of reach.

Boris Diaw is my MVP. His 3 point rating isn't that good, and I take too many 3's with him..I'm stupid. Same with Ford. Too many bricked 3's. Jesus **** ****. Losing by 10+ in basketball just pisses me off.

I'm not playing any practice games until I win a league game. I've won like my last 4 non league games. So it's just frustrating winning games that don't count. I see my next game is against the Nets. I'll keep my team intact until that game is over...although consider Mo Pete on the trading block now.

79 rated Mo Pete..great at 3's. Please, give me someone for him. A SG ideally. Give me your players. I can't win.

Cloudy

Banned
I feel your pain, Fifty. I'm 0-3 now and I've led at some point in the 4th quarter of every game. Now I have to beat the Suns to avoid an 0-4 start :(

edit: I might have a trade offer for you :)

Matrix

You f-ed yourself over trading Bosh.I dont care how good Marion and Diaw are,your game was mid range jumpshots and Bosh was awesome for you.

You turned your back on
bosh209.jpg

Konex,has no excuse for losing..

Kobe is God and you cant win with God?

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I hadn't been paying attention to the trades, so when I got in the game I was like "Marion on the Raptors WTF?" :lol

Fifty

Nah, I think I still would've lost. I certainly benefited from that deal talent wise...the only thing I lost was a clear play style.

Marion is too versitile. Sometimes I force up 3's when I don't need to. Bosh kept me limited, and forced me to slow things down. Marion and Diaw cause me to lose control on offense.

Damn, I think you might be right...I just need to figure out how to play with this team.

Fifty

Konex you dumb mother****er. I'm taking this discussion into the open! You propose a trade, I get all excited...turns out it's ****ing MAURICE EVANS (70) for MORRIS PETERSON (79). Sorry Bucko, but ratings matter just a tiny bit. Sure I said I wanted a shooting guard, but you know...someone in the same talent range as Mo Pete. I have a 76 SG called Anthony Parker who sits on my bench a lot of the time as Mo Pete plays. If I wanted Evans I'd play Parker.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Nah, I think I still would've lost. I certainly benefited from that deal talent wise...the only thing I lost was a clear play style.

Marion is too versitile. Sometimes I force up 3's when I don't need to. Bosh kept me limited, and forced me to slow things down. Marion and Diaw cause me to lose control on offense.

Damn, I think you might be right...I just need to figure out how to play with this team.

Midrange in this game is freakin money. Maybe you should start using Mo Pete and Diaw more for midrange shots. And I don't understand how people don't play like DM does with their guards. It's like everyone is afraid to take that short shot from the free throw line. He milks KH and Gordon with that stuff all the time.
Am I the only one that watched he did and realized how effective it is?

Hey Fifty, I'm sorry our trade isn't working out too well for you right now. Stick with it!! Learning Marion's jumpshot is painful, but when you have it down he is money from three. Diaw should be working for you if you are running those fast breaks and posting him up against SF's. As I play more with my new squad, I am getting more comfy with them. Fred Jones is even pretty nice for the fast breaks busting out the crazy dunks and consistent jumpshots. Do I even need to discuss how great Bosh is?!?!? Great post moves, money mid-range game, and boarding like he is Ben Wallace!! Yeah I lost on a fluke three versus DCX, but my real team showed up vs. Golden State. I feel good about my team going into the house of God!! I bow before thee Kobe, and then the boshing wil begin!! :D

Cloudy

Banned
Konex,has no excuse for losing..

Kobe is God and you cant win with God?

I like to work the ball around to start and the wack supporting cast keeps putting me in early holes. I've had to comeback in all 3 games :lol

Next game is a must win. Kobe time! :D

CB3

Fifty said:
Konex you dumb mother****er. I'm taking this discussion into the open! You propose a trade, I get all excited...turns out it's ****ing MAURICE EVANS (70) for MORRIS PETERSON (79). Sorry Bucko, but ratings matter just a tiny bit. Sure I said I wanted a shooting guard, but you know...someone in the same talent range as Mo Pete. I have a 76 SG called Anthony Parker who sits on my bench a lot of the time as Mo Pete plays. If I wanted Evans I'd play Parker.

:lol :lol :lol Thats a HORRIBLE offer

I like my Sweetney for Jalen Rose Trade. He is a gunner. I just gotta remember his stupid shit release point in-game so as i dont **** it up and go like 1-6 shooting with them

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty said:

LOL, have you looked at my roster? There's only 2 players over 80 and they're not going anywhere :lol

Matrix

Cloudy said:
LOL, have you looked at my roster? There's only 2 players over 80 and they're not going anywhere :lol

:lol

Same with me.

CB3

Cloudy said:

If i were you Konex id deal either Kwame or Chirs Mihm. You really dont need both. Im sure someone would bite on a deal for one of them

Matrix

I need a real PF :(

Anyone got one they want to get rid of?

Top Bottom